S94 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

We have a packed Hall of Fame class for you in Season 94 with two first-ballot player inductions and one well-earned Builder induction.

Player Inductions

C - John Jameson, S86-S93 :prg:

RS: 576 GP, 328 G, 433 A, 761 P, +262, 1,097 PIM, 1,821 HIT, 277 SB, 59 GW

PO: 66 GP, 29 G, 45 A, 74 P, +13, 97 PIM, 228 HIT, 19 SB, 2 GW

S86 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)

S89 Scotty Campbell Trophy (Most Valuable)

S89 Scott Boulet Trophy (Top Two-Way Forward)

S93 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S93 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

S93 Scott Boulet Trophy (Top Two-Way Forward)

3x All-VHL First Team (S89, S90, S93)

2x All-VHL Second Team (S88, S92)

One Continental Cup (S90)

First up, a 2nd straight Hall of Fame induction for @Frank, back with a bang since coming back in the 70s from hiatus. John Jameson was a franchise-transforming player for Prague, spending his whole career with the Phantoms and leading them to their first finals appearance and then their first Continental Cup. Along the way, Jameson became one of the finest two-way forwards of the modern era, constantly among the league leaders in scoring categories and in hits. From start to finish this was an incredible career and a no-brainer induction into the Hall.

G - Jesse Teno, S86-S93 :ldn:

RS: 462 GP, 253 W, 160 L, 47 OTL, 2.42 GAA, .928 SV%, 32 SO 

PO: 86 GP, 51 W, 28 L, 7 OTL, 2.42 GAA, .936 SV%, 9 SO

S88 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S91 Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

S91 Greg Clegane Trophy (Lowest GAA)

S92 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

1x All-VHL First Team (S91)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S89)

One Continental Cup (S88)

In the exact same vein as Jameson, an 8-season career franchise player for a team which had struggled to find success before the player's arrival. Jesse Teno @Aimee  was less well known at the draft as first-gen, but the achievements since have made Teno a household name. Before Teno, London had never won a playoff series. With Teno, it was 3 finals and 1 championship, including two playoff MVP performances for the star goaltender (one even in a losing effort). We've often seen goalies be clearly better in either the playoffs or the regular season and whilst Teno was no slouch in the regular season, this slam dunk induction was earned by being arguably the greatest goaltender in VHL playoff history, and probably top 3 at worst.

Voting results

John Jameson - 13/14

Jesse Teno - 10/14

---

Pierre Emile Bouchard - 3/14

Hammar Voss - 1/14

Papa Emeritus - 1/14

Kristof Welch, Nico Pearce, Bo Johansson - 0/14

Builder Induction

Last but certainly not least, an induction that warms my heart. You can slot @Doomsday in the bracket of members who have changed the VHL experience of countless members, teammates or otherwise. Doomsday has been in sim leagues since time immemorial and in the VHL for going on 50 seasons across two stints. He's been a GM in all 3 of the VHL's leagues and those he managed, just like those he shared a locker room with, will share stories of his dedication and his welcoming nature. In terms of content contribution, articles, supporting new members and prospects, and in more recent times joining the BOG, there are also few who can rival Doomsday.

But for me, it's the remarkable consistency. Because I first interacted with Doomsday with his first VHL player, Thomas Landry back in the 30s. He had made such an impression back then that I traded a lot of draft capital for an unproven talent despite GMing a rebuilding Davos. My reward? A loyal and extremely supportign captain who led the Dynamo to four straight finals and two Continental Cups. Although Doomsday took a break from the VHL not long after the original Landry's retirement, his comeback has come as no surprise and the fact he has won over so many members now like he did me all those years ago makes absolute sense for me. This is the type of member the VHL continues to thrive with, so welcome at last to Hall old friend. :cheers:

I am beyond humbled and honored to take my place amongst the greats, and the kind words of everyone here mean so much to me. If I have made you all as happy as the collective whole as a community has made me during my time here, then we are all very happy indeed. 

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Congrats @Doomsday and @Aimee !

Not sure how Jameson got in maybe he gave the voters some Jameson beforehand. 

That makes Soju a shoe in for the Hof in the future than since all the votes will be shit faced!! LOL!!

Drunk On One GIF

My favorite class! Totally not biased with the Jameson induction... 😏 Though, all three inductees are some of my favorite people in the league and have left some sort of impression on me in one way or another. Congratulations and well deserved!!!