S95 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

Greetings all, it's another joyous off-season occasion - the induction of 2 players and 1 member into the Hall of Fame.

G - Lachlan Summers, S87-S94 :dav::war:

RS: 459 GP, 279 W, 140 L, 37 OTL, 2.48 GAA, .931 SV%, 32 SO 

PO: 53 GP, 27 W, 20 L, 6 OTL, 3.02 GAA, .921 SV%, 1 SO

S88 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)

S90 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding)

S90 Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

S90 Greg Clegane Trophy (Lowest GAA)

S93 Scotty Campbell Trophy (Most Valuable)

S93 Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

S94 Scotty Campbell Trophy (Most Valuable)

S94 Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

3x All-VHL First Team (S90, S93, S94)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S88)

One Continental Cup (S89)

First up, it's a no-brainer, it was never in doubt. Lachlan Summers came into the league and reminded us what an elite goaltender is like, after seasons of inconsistency at the top of the position and diminishing returns. Summers started off as Xavier Booberry's understudy and managed to exceed the Hall of Famer's legacy, retiring with the highest career save percentage of any goalie ever with more than 300 games played. His rivalry with Jesse Teno was reminiscent of the iconic Shaw/Kanou rivalry, except this time it was the Davos player whose regular season was better than his playoff record. Not that Summers was any slouch in the playoffs - he could have easily won playoff MVP in S89 if it wasn't for long-time defensive shield Jake Thunder, the pair bringing to mind a different iconic Davos duo - Tomas Jenskovic and Benoit Devereux. Then Summers silenced anyone crediting his success to the strong Davos defence by spending his twilight years in Warsaw and dragging them kicking and screaming into the playoffs twice. What more can you ask for? @kirbithan

D - Pierre Emile Bouchard, S84-S92 :nya::que::hel:

RS: 650 GP, 152 G, 518 A, 670 P, +107, 893 PIM, 1,265 HIT, 1,431 SB, 26 GW

PO: 108 GP, 29 G, 86 A, 115 P, +14, 199 PIM, 264 HIT, 249 SB, 6 GW

S87 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S87 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

S87 Dustin Funk Trophy (Most Improved)

S92 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

1x All-VHL First Team (S87)

2x All-VHL Second Team (S88, S92)

One Continental Cup (S86)

After a bit of deliberation we have finally landed on our first 9-season HOF inductee (Sterling Labatte obviously excluded). In fact, Pierre Emile Bourchard is joint top in games played in VHL history thanks to a mid-season trade to Vancouver in his rookie season which would prove career defining. To top it off, Bouchard has also played the most playoff games of anyone ever. No one has stepped on the VHL ice more often than Bouchard in the history of the league but it's not just longevity that secured his spot in the Hall, it's also the consistency. Always a force on both end of the ice and always in the conversation for the end-of-season awards, Bouchard will also be remembered as one of the Wolves' key leaders, something he also took with him on a swan song to Helsinki which so nearly resulted in a 2nd Continental Cup. @Gaikoku-hito

Voting results

Lachlan Summers - 15/16

Pierre Emile Bouchard - 9/16

---

Bo Johansson - 5/16

Papa Emeritus - 1/16

Hammar Voss - 1/16

The Frenchman - 1/16

Kristof Welch, Nico Pearce - 0/16

As for the Builder, well this has been a long time coming. In terms of sim leagues in general, Bryan Svec aka @frescoelmo far predates me and just in the VHL he's been here since showing up for the stacked S18 draft and giving us Hall of Fame goalscoring phenom Tarik Saeijs. A couple hiatuses aside, fresco has been here ever since, taking on numerous key roles like writing grader, updater, dabbling a few times in GMing, and of course being a mod. We often save the Builder inductions for when a member is on the way out or is stepping down from a key role but fresco has just replaced Fong as the league's head moderator and if Fong's tenure is anything to go by, he'll be there for a while. So this is just another addition to the latest chapter of an extensive VHL resume and onwards and upwards I'm sure.

Congratulations to all 3!

First off, congrats to Fresco and Gaikoku, extremely well-deserved and I'm honored to be inducted alongside two legends!! :cheers:

I don’t really know how to put my thoughts in words. When first joining the league, I was told that there may not even be room for my player up in the VHL and looking back at everything Summers has accomplished is just. . . wow. Love the mention of the Summers/Teno rivalry and now they’ll both be immortalized in the HOF! Thank you so much for the beautiful write up, Victor, and thank you to all the wonderful folks who kept pushing me and helped make this career a great one! ❤️ 

Congrats to @kirbithan and @frescoelmo on the induction!!

Also really nice to be going in beside Summers one of the best tenders I can remember and who also reverse what could have been PEB second Continental Cup in S89. Well, deserved championship and now HoF induction. Must mention a huge thank you to @Frank in trusting in PEB and trading for the defender giving him every chance to succeed. @Thunder & @Scurvy two other HoF defenders that pushed PEB to be better every season so it is nice to see PEB join the two of you in the HoF.

It is truly an honor to see PEB inducted!! Thank you!!