Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

13 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

I haven't really gotten into battle royale, probably because I started up with PUBG...  I think I've played 2 games?  If I play anymore hots I think my hand will fall off...

I was convinced to get PUBG at a lan party, and played maybe 2 game that night probably last summer.

Then picked it up again a few weeks ago.  I played 5 matches, and never saw another player before getting killed and was like "fuck this".

We should just go back to playing CS:GO or something.

32 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I was convinced to get PUBG at a lan party, and played maybe 2 game that night probably last summer.

Then picked it up again a few weeks ago.  I played 5 matches, and never saw another player before getting killed and was like "fuck this".

We should just go back to playing CS:GO or something.

i think those type of games are better when you play with a group of friends..  rolling solo or with a queue'd team (ie. trolls) gets old pretty quickly.

18 hours ago, Spade18 said:

Cause I'm currently playing through Fable again

Dude that game was so good. I think it was the first game I ever really played through, and it was amazing.

Though, I do recall there being a cheat to earning a shit-ton of cash where you'd work at the blacksmith's, pause the game, and fast forward your console's date by like 20 years. When you went back, you'd have like infinite dollars haha.

3 hours ago, Quik said:

Dude that game was so good. I think it was the first game I ever really played through, and it was amazing.

Though, I do recall there being a cheat to earning a shit-ton of cash where you'd work at the blacksmith's, pause the game, and fast forward your console's date by like 20 years. When you went back, you'd have like infinite dollars haha.

I love them cause they were like, really open world games that I dont think anyone else has captured the same essence as.

Everyone is always like "oh skyrim" and "GTA" and blah blah blah, but Fable was more like "Yea there are these quests that will advance the story, but if you just want to go be  real estate king pin, and have 6 families? thats cool too.  You do you fam".  and I LOVE that.

I'm currently playing through Fable 1 as a total piece of shit (I'm usually decently good) setting me up to import into Fable 2 and spend A LOT of time fucking around

1 hour ago, Spade18 said:

I love them cause they were like, really open world games that I dont think anyone else has captured the same essence as.

That was definitely my favourite part. I haven't played it in over a decade, but spending hours doing the randomest shit, and seeing my dude get fat and turn into a demon because I was just pillaging villages and eating all their food was pretty funny lol.

Fuck, I wish I still had an Xbox just so I could play it again lol

Just now, Quik said:

That was definitely my favourite part. I haven't played it in over a decade, but spending hours doing the randomest shit, and seeing my dude get fat and turn into a demon because I was just pillaging villages and eating all their food was pretty funny lol.

Fuck, I wish I still had an Xbox just so I could play it again lol

Yea it was awesome.  I loved black and white 2 that the same studio did that was legit just a god simulator.... unfortunately no sandbox mode other wise that would have been the perfect game.

The first fable is still on steam, and you can get 2 and 3 on amazon and port it to steam.  That's what I'm doing right now lol.

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

The first fable is still on steam, and you can get 2 and 3 on amazon and port it to steam.  That's what I'm doing right now lol.

Shit, I might just need to download it! I've got steam, but haven't used it for more than a couple hours like 2 years ago when I got it lol.

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

Shit, I might just need to download it! I've got steam, but haven't used it for more than a couple hours like 2 years ago when I got it lol.

How!?! maybe its because I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I have steam open pretty much every single day lol.  I have 200+ games on there.

7 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

How!?! maybe its because I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I have steam open pretty much every single day lol.  I have 200+ games on there. 

Haha

For one, I'm not really a PC gamer, I got a couple games on steam when I first downloaded it, but never really got into them. I've also not really gamed a lot in the past few years, and when I have it's been Destiny and BOTW, with some chel mixed in lol.

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

Haha

For one, I'm not really a PC gamer, I got a couple games on steam when I first downloaded it, but never really got into them. I've also not really gamed a lot in the past few years, and when I have it's been Destiny and BOTW, with some chel mixed in lol.

BOTW, great choice.

For some reason I cant download the most recent update on my wifi and the game wont run without it... I'm so pissed and keep forgetting to take the thing to work to download it on the wifi there.

I just want to cook some apples.

• Senior Admin

I've never been able to get into PC gaming in the same way as console outside of the occasional game of Civ or something. Don't really know why, I even built a great desktop a few years ago that was, at the time, very well equipped for gaming but idk, probably having been on console for so long before that I was never able to make the switch. 

I just wish there was some decent games out this summer because atm i have like nothing to play so i dont bother

13 minutes ago, Will said:

I've never been able to get into PC gaming in the same way as console outside of the occasional game of Civ or something. Don't really know why, I even built a great desktop a few years ago that was, at the time, very well equipped for gaming but idk, probably having been on console for so long before that I was never able to make the switch. 

I just wish there was some decent games out this summer because atm i have like nothing to play so i dont bother

I used to be the same way. only ever played playstation games for the longest time, then I moved out of my parents house, built my own rig, and it's been down hill ever since.

Especially now that Steam has "Big picture mode" where I can use my ps4 controller for PC games, there just doesnt seem to be a reason not to use PC.... unless the game is console only XD

Yea, the game landscape feels.... dry? right now.

I'm pretty much just waiting for sports games at this point...

and Mount and Blade Bannerlords =(

• Senior Admin
9 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I used to be the same way. only ever played playstation games for the longest time, then I moved out of my parents house, built my own rig, and it's been down hill ever since.

Especially now that Steam has "Big picture mode" where I can use my ps4 controller for PC games, there just doesnt seem to be a reason not to use PC.... unless the game is console only XD

Yea, the game landscape feels.... dry? right now.

I'm pretty much just waiting for sports games at this point...

and Mount and Blade Bannerlords =(

Im basically waiting for Read Dead 2 at this point ? 

It's a shame Destiny 2 was a let down compared to Destiny 1 - I'm pretty sure I was still completely hooked on D1 at this point in its life and would have been hyped for the new expansion. 

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Im basically waiting for Read Dead 2 at this point ? 

It's a shame Destiny 2 was a let down compared to Destiny 1 - I'm pretty sure I was still completely hooked on D1 at this point in its life and would have been hyped for the new expansion. 

holy tits I forgot about that.  Especially after westworld, I'm super excited for this too.

I never got too into Destiny.  It sounded great, but IDK.  I never really liked MMOs and it would be the first time I was burned by a "this isnt like other MMOs!" just for it to still be the same thing lol.

Definitely doesn't seem to be a ton of big games lately. Isn't it always like that in the summer? Big games usually come out in the Fall and Spring, if I recall.

The last game I bought was Octopath Traveler on the Switch. The game made by guys who used to make the old Final Fantasy games. It's been awesome so far, and I love it. A little bit of mixed reviews, but if you enjoy JRPG's and SNES looking RPGs, then you''ll love it.

Aside from that game, I've mostly just been playing older games I have like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Rocket League, Mario Odyssey, and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Although I haven't actually played a lot of PS4 recently and when I do, it's Rocket League for a couple of games. I did play Dirt VR the other day on my PSVR though. There was a big VR sale on the PS Store like a month ago. Tried playing Skyrim VR again, but I'm just tired of all things Skyrim. I'd love it if I hadn't already sunk over 100 hours into Skyrim on PS3, PS4, and PC.

Detroit: Become Human has gotten rave reviews, and I"ll get that eventually, but I see no reason to yet. I was a big fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, so I do want to play it down the road, maybe next month or something. Then there's Spider-Man on the PS4 in September, NHL 19, and Red Dead when that's out. Death Stranding. There's actually a lot of future games I'll be buying

• Senior Admin

I tried VR for the first time a few weeks ago, went to some VR bar in Victoria and tried Oculus. It was awesome, I'd totally buy the Oculus setup if it wasn't going to cost me another 400-500 to upgrade my PC to VR specs. Then again I'm still not sure the VR library is good enough to justify while VR kits are still so expensive. 

I would wait for the library to expand.

Quick story: back in the mid 90's my buddy and I knew a guy who ran a pawn shop. We were there drinking beer after hours and he brought us to the back of the shop office. This guy had a stand on platform with a big assed helmet, all rigged to some setup. We all tried the helmet on and we were in a vr ocean with sharks, turtles and shit! No bs. It must've been hot because he told us to keep it on the down low.

And years later my best friend and I went to a convention on future PC/gaming products and I saw a similar set up! Both of us tried it running around on the platform shooting vr guys with a vr gun.

Btw, can't beat a 12 pack of beer and pizza playing SNES/Sega NHL 93.

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

The last game I bought was Octopath Traveler on the Switch. The game made by guys who used to make the old Final Fantasy games. It's been awesome so far, and I love it. A little bit of mixed reviews, but if you enjoy JRPG's and SNES looking RPGs, then you''ll love it.

This is so much of me right here :)

2 hours ago, Will said:

I tried VR for the first time a few weeks ago, went to some VR bar in Victoria and tried Oculus. It was awesome, I'd totally buy the Oculus setup if it wasn't going to cost me another 400-500 to upgrade my PC to VR specs. Then again I'm still not sure the VR library is good enough to justify while VR kits are still so expensive. 

You went to Victoria without letting me know!

• Commissioner
48 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

If it makes you feel any better he lives within a few hours of me and we’ve never met haha

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

I was only there a couple of hours, was in Vancouver most of my trip ?

Got to Victoria via seaplane though which was cool 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I was only there a couple of hours, was in Vancouver most of my trip ?

Got to Victoria via seaplane though which was cool 

Everytime I do the seaplane I puke so I stoped going. Last time I filled 3 barf bags

• Senior Admin
Just now, Beaviss said:

Everytime I do the seaplane I puke so I stoped going. Last time I filled 3 barf bags

There was a guy getting sick on the one I was on too. Then there was also a guy puking when we went whale watching. 

Overall too much vomit for one vacation 

8 minutes ago, Will said:

There was a guy getting sick on the one I was on too. Then there was also a guy puking when we went whale watching. 

Overall too much vomit for one vacation 

How did you like Victoria?