Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

I just got into the Alpha phase of Blizzards new game Heroes of the Storm its a MOBA like DOTA/LOL/HON and etc.  The difference about this game other than using all blizzard characters diablo/warcraft/starcraft the game is more centered around team play and not individual skill.  In a game like DOTA and less so in LOL you can snowball and have players super carry all by themselves.  In the new Blizzard game teams share XP and stuff with there being "quests" or "objectives" within the map that have a real effect on the outcome.  So the game is supposed to have a smaller skill gap from newb to good and then be about playing as a team.

Is it for free?  Can we start a VHL clan or something?

I still don't quite get how MOBAs suddenly got so popular a few years ago, don't hate the genre or anything but I never would have thought that they would have that kind of mass appeal. I played them a bit when they were WC3 mods but for some reason I never really got into them... Always preferred TD or other kinds of fun maps :D

What I got from skimming through the last few pages: Grown men arguing with teenager about a game made for teenagers.

I have a $30 Gamestop gift card that I got for Christmas that I haven't even touched. I was waiting to use it when NHL 15 comes because quite frankly that the only game I really play, but I'm looking for something else. Any recommendations that aren't South Park?

Even with Titanfall being bundled in for free and crazy discounted prices, the PS4 outsold the Xbox One in March. I'm actually speechless right now. No one expected this.

Wow.

I'm with you guys on the FFX HD Remaster. Such a huge nostalgia overload.

I'm not even trying with the story anymore. Just beat Sin, and need to venture inside to defeat Yu Yevon. I really remember Sin being extremely hard.

@Sandro, Smoke ain't even the best power. Neon has been some crazy crazy shit.

Neon is definitely my fav power, but Smoke has some crazy particle effects that look great in screenshots.

lOoaiC1.jpg

I'm not even trying with the story anymore. Just beat Sin, and need to venture inside to defeat Yu Yevon. I really remember Sin being extremely hard.

I remember I had a ridiculously hard time with Evrae on the Airship. The battle where you're on your way to Bevelle. I probably played it over 100 times before I beat it when I was younger. 

This time I did it on my first try. I guess as a young teen I didn't know what I was doing.

I've been Blitzballing quite a bit this time around too. Before all I did was the 1 game you have to play and I lost. This time I won that game and just kept playing and hiring new players. Tidus' Jecht Shot is the tits.

I really need to pick up inFAMOUS. I just keep hearing that it's a short game so I haven't bought it yet. Plus the game prices in Canada went up $5. Not that that's a huge deal. Just added onto my excuse not to get the game. I loved the first 2 games though, and I guess if I'm playing it on Evil and Good then it's double the play hours.

I really need to pick up inFAMOUS. I just keep hearing that it's a short game so I haven't bought it yet. Plus the game prices in Canada went up $5. Not that that's a huge deal. Just added onto my excuse not to get the game. I loved the first 2 games though, and I guess if I'm playing it on Evil and Good then it's double the play hours.

Most games are up $10, actually. $69.99 instead of $59.99. <_<

And yeah, Second Son is shorter than the first two but it's definitely worth two playthroughs. If you go for 100% save files (which is pretty easy, as is the platinum trophy) you'll get over 20 hours out of it.

Edited by Sandro