Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

1 hour ago, STZ said:

MLG Stardew tbqh

What you guys playing on? I burned about 5 hours into that on PC until I realized I can't play the game until it comes out on PS Vita. :P Which the developer says "could" be coming at this rate who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

What you guys playing on? I burned about 5 hours into that on PC until I realized I can't play the game until it comes out on PS Vita. :P Which the developer says "could" be coming at this rate who knows. 

We both have 70 hrs + on PC lololol

6 minutes ago, STZ said:

We both have 70 hrs + on PC lololol

Man I couldn't. I could put 70+ hours into this thing no problem, but on PC? If a game isn't like, an RTS or a Moba I have a hard time sitting in a computer chair with my back upright playing these type of games. Even lazing back to play it on a PS4 on a big screen would still get rote for me since to me this game screams turn the audio off, watch whatever I'm going to watch in the background (Usually GB, but tons of other things as well) and then throw this on a Vita and grind away. 

Also did you guys know this game was developed by a single dude? Lots of titles like that now, but considering this game is basically somehow a mix of like Harvest Moon and open world survival type genre tropes, with even a little procedural generation stuff thrown into the caves, it's kind of impressive that one guy did this all. 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Man I couldn't. I could put 70+ hours into this thing no problem, but on PC? If a game isn't like, an RTS or a Moba I have a hard time sitting in a computer chair with my back upright playing these type of games. Even lazing back to play it on a PS4 on a big screen would still get rote for me since to me this game screams turn the audio off, watch whatever I'm going to watch in the background (Usually GB, but tons of other things as well) and then throw this on a Vita and grind away. 

Its actually the game I play during podcasts.. I'll cycle through GB east and west, TSN Overdrive (@Higgins), and VHL ones..

but yeah thats 70hrs mainly over the last few weeks.. pretty sure @Will got 70 hrs in like 3 days..

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

Its actually the game I play during podcasts.. I'll cycle through GB east and west, TSN Overdrive (@Higgins), and VHL ones..

but yeah thats 70hrs mainly over the last few weeks.. pretty sure @Will got 70 hrs in like 3 days..

We got a guyyyyyyy with no life who plays stardew for 70 hours in one weekend

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

I'll cycle through GB east and west,

I probably should of guessed when you started dropping gifs but I kinda assumed other than the Pajodcast boys and of course @YEAH!stlemania that there weren't any other GB fans. Obviously that isn't the case. :P 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, STZ said:

I've had it for over a week ya arse!!!! Also a good portion is probably paused/sitting on the menu while VHL'ing. Not even done Y1 yet so I couldn't have played that much.

My 60 days on destiny however, yeah, you can make fun of me for that. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Higgins said:

We got a guyyyyyyy with no life who plays stardew for 70 hours in one weekend

IIRC i asked you what you were doing last weekend and you replied something like 'not leaving my apartment obviously' <_<<_<<_<<_<

• 2 weeks later...

Been going hard on Mass Effect: Andromeda the past few weeks. Gave Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda: Breath of the Wild a break, because I'm tired of cycling through 3 big open world games at the same time. Mass Effect isn't open world like those, but it's still similar on the planets, I suppose.

But yeah, Mass Effect isn't nearly as bad as all the reviews led me to believe. The facial animations were bad before, but not game breaking at all. After a couple of hours I kind of stopped really noticing, or at least didn't care. It's still a Mass Effect game, and feels like Mass Effect, and I love Mass Effect. Plus, there's been a big patch that fixed a lot of the facial stuff and some glitches.

One thing though, is that I don't mind these squadmates nearly as cool as the previous trilogy's. I need Jack, Miranda, and Samara back. Also Garrus....and Kasumi, and Liara....and Grunt. Damn, I miss that old trilogy. Maybe it's just because I'm older now though and Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 were pretty much my prime gaming days.

Anyways, fuck you guys.

7 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Been going hard on Mass Effect: Andromeda the past few weeks. Gave Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda: Breath of the Wild a break, because I'm tired of cycling through 3 big open world games at the same time. Mass Effect isn't open world like those, but it's still similar on the planets, I suppose.

But yeah, Mass Effect isn't nearly as bad as all the reviews led me to believe. The facial animations were bad before, but not game breaking at all. After a couple of hours I kind of stopped really noticing, or at least didn't care. It's still a Mass Effect game, and feels like Mass Effect, and I love Mass Effect. Plus, there's been a big patch that fixed a lot of the facial stuff and some glitches.

One thing though, is that I don't mind these squadmates nearly as cool as the previous trilogy's. I need Jack, Miranda, and Samara back. Also Garrus....and Kasumi, and Liara....and Grunt. Damn, I miss that old trilogy. Maybe it's just because I'm older now though and Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 were pretty much my prime gaming days.

Anyways, fuck you guys.

Yeah I'm going to get it when it's on sale. There is going to be a sequel I'm sure, so it'll give them a chance to build upon what they have. But the combat looks best in series, even a lot of the bad reviews have stated that. Which means ultimately they have a workable base there to build upon. 

I hope that I'll finally get around to starting Horizon: Zero Dawn this weekend, bought it a while ago but EU4 and Overwatch just eat so much of my gaming time :). Anyone here still playing Overwatch btw? Which are your main heroes and which tier are you in at the moment?

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

13 minutes ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

I hope that I'll finally get around to starting Horizon: Zero Dawn this weekend, bought it a while ago but EU4 and Overwatch just eat so much of my gaming time :). Anyone here still playing Overwatch btw? Which are your main heroes and which tier are you in at the moment?

I haven't played in a bit. Life has gotten rather busy, but I've put a lot of hours in and even as far back as a few weeks ago I was still playing all the time. I usually main Hanzo, Mcree, Diva, or Mei. Sometimes I'll main a Winston if the map and enemy types are right. 

But I started playing more random hero in arcade a lot and I highly recommend it. Not only does it help you understand how other heroes play in more than just the traditional roles, it shows you some surprising ways you can use a hero in a given situation. Because the rest of the players are also using random there isn't enough hard counters that it actually gives you freedom to explore heroes a lot more effectively. Once they added arcade mode in general honestly that entire game really started to take on a new life for me. Obviously getting the weekly loot box reward stuff was a smart move, but even just the decent enough variation in the modes offered made the experience good. And of course now you can private match and do whatever you want and tinker with stats and everything. The active life cycle of that game thus far has been very impressive. But we shouldn't be surprised, Blizzard has a rather good track record and this should be no different. 

44 minutes ago, Devise said:

I haven't played in a bit. Life has gotten rather busy, but I've put a lot of hours in and even as far back as a few weeks ago I was still playing all the time. I usually main Hanzo, Mcree, Diva, or Mei. Sometimes I'll main a Winston if the map and enemy types are right. 

But I started playing more random hero in arcade a lot and I highly recommend it. Not only does it help you understand how other heroes play in more than just the traditional roles, it shows you some surprising ways you can use a hero in a given situation. Because the rest of the players are also using random there isn't enough hard counters that it actually gives you freedom to explore heroes a lot more effectively. Once they added arcade mode in general honestly that entire game really started to take on a new life for me. Obviously getting the weekly loot box reward stuff was a smart move, but even just the decent enough variation in the modes offered made the experience good. And of course now you can private match and do whatever you want and tinker with stats and everything. The active life cycle of that game thus far has been very impressive. But we shouldn't be surprised, Blizzard has a rather good track record and this should be no different. 

I haven't played that much of the Arcade, not because I don't like it but because I just enjoy competitive too much. I do find myself playing some 3v3 or random hero during the off-season though, which sure is fun as well. Haven't tried the new PvE Brawl yet either but I've heard that it's pretty dope too!

I've found myself mostly playing tanks recently, preferably D.Va but I also play Rein or Zarya quite frequently or Winston, when the situation calls for it. I really haven't played much dps this season (can only really play Soldier and Reaper there), but occasionally go healer (every one but Mercy, basically).

3 minutes ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Haven't tried the new PvE Brawl yet either but I've heard that it's pretty dope too!

Just played a round and had a blast, takes you through an entire map with some good objectives, you get a little comic book art style pseudo cut scene at the beginning for a bit too. They actually have done a good job with events, Dr. Junkenstein for example was very fun. 

I've got about $50 in GameStop giftcards from Christmas that I've yet to do anything with. I was thinking about using it for a Nintendo Switch, but I remembered that I'm not 10 years old. The list of games also don't really grab my attention. Any suggestions?