Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

• Commissioner

So, I decided to do a thing. With Pokemon Go being all people seem interested in right now, I decided that I wanted to play the old Pokemon Games...so I did. Calling the series Noob Play and I’ll be playing a bunch of older games that I either never played or never played a lot. If you guys are interested in watching me be terrible at Pokemon you can check it out: 

Still playing Overwatch, even though it's not a patch on Rocket League, the new Lucioball mode is pretty fun. Also just had a very quick game on offense (Sorry for the bad Widowmaker play, barely play her haha)

• Senior Admin
On 7/30/2016 at 7:49 PM, Beketov said:

So, I decided to do a thing. With Pokemon Go being all people seem interested in right now, I decided that I wanted to play the old Pokemon Games...so I did. Calling the series Noob Play and I’ll be playing a bunch of older games that I either never played or never played a lot. If you guys are interested in watching me be terrible at Pokemon you can check it out: 

Thats awesome, I subbed! 

On 7/30/2016 at 6:49 PM, Beketov said:

Let me know when you get and play Pokemon Snap for N64. I'll definitely tune in then.

• Senior Admin
11 hours ago, STZ said:

I bought it for the Steam Summer sale.. highlight of my summer.. :|

Same...maybe you should come over to NS and make that the highlight!

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Let me know when you get and play Pokemon Snap for N64. I'll definitely tune in then.

I'll see what I can do as far as getting it recorded. I do actually have a ROM of Pokemon Snap that appears to work fine.

16 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I'll see what I can do as far as getting it recorded. I do actually have a ROM of Pokemon Snap that appears to work fine.

That was definitely my favorite of the Pokemon games. I had that "Hey You, Pikachu" game but that was lame. 

I still have my old Gameboy Pokemon games, too.

Just now, Mr. Power said:

@YEAH!stlemania Your Lucio play continues to be top notch. 

I've got 5 of his 6 legendary skins now, so I think by law that means I have to be good with him. 

I've only got four characters now that I haven't played with for over an hour (D.Va, Hanzo, McCree and Ana) which is pretty weird considering those first three are three of your four most played characters! Do want to get good with D.Va now though, so I'll probably play her for a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been in this thread in awhile.

I see some of you talking about Life Is Strange. I strongly suggest playing it.

If you're not really feeling it after Episode 1, then play Episode 2 anyways. Things start to really pick up during Episode 3. The game gets really interesting with twists, etc.

Life Is Strange is probably the most memorable and gripping game I've ever played. I beat it months ago, like 4 or 5 months ago, and I still listen to the soundtrack all the time to this day. I still think about Max and Chloe. No other game has had me that attached.

It's odd to find that connection in that kind of a game, at least from what I thought the game was at first glance. It's definitely not just some teen girl drama like a lot of people seem to think.

40 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I haven't been in this thread in awhile.

I see some of you talking about Life Is Strange. I strongly suggest playing it.

If you're not really feeling it after Episode 1, then play Episode 2 anyways. Things start to really pick up during Episode 3. The game gets really interesting with twists, etc.

Life Is Strange is probably the most memorable and gripping game I've ever played. I beat it months ago, like 4 or 5 months ago, and I still listen to the soundtrack all the time to this day. I still think about Max and Chloe. No other game has had me that attached.

It's odd to find that connection in that kind of a game, at least from what I thought the game was at first glance. It's definitely not just some teen girl drama like a lot of people seem to think.

I played it and liked it, too. I should probably go back through and make different choices with some things to see how the storyline changes. 

Definitely agree on the soundtrack being great as well. 

Just now, frescoelmo said:

I feel like pulling a move like this should validate one's overwatch existence

It should absolutely come up saying you've completed the game and roll the end credits. 

On my PS4, cannot download the new Overwatch patch for some reason...says there's inadequate memory space, but I have 19 GB free which should be more than enough for a patch. Tried restarting PS4 and router to no avail, happened last two days now, any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

On my PS4, cannot download the new Overwatch patch for some reason...says there's inadequate memory space, but I have 19 GB free which should be more than enough for a patch. Tried restarting PS4 and router to no avail, happened last two days now, any suggestions?

Noooooooo. Should Google around so we are ready to get back to Overwatching when I get back. 

Just now, Mr. Power said:

Noooooooo. Should Google around so we are ready to get back to Overwatching when I get back. 

It's actually downloading OK now. For some reason it started downloading fine once I deleted COD Advanced Warfare (Which was like 45 GIGS), but I can't see why I had to do that when I had 19 GIgs and the update is only 350 Mbs.