Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

Yakuza 0 is the best game of 2017 thus far. It's also had perhaps the funniest cut-scene that I've ever seen in a video game. For a Japanese game, the writing is awesome. 

• Head Moderator
On 2/18/2017 at 8:03 AM, Salt said:

Yakuza 0 is the best game of 2017 thus far. It's also had perhaps the funniest cut-scene that I've ever seen in a video game. For a Japanese game, the writing is awesome. 

Is combat as over the top as the trailer suggests? Thats the one thing that kinda bothered me.

33 minutes ago, tfong said:

Is combat as over the top as the trailer suggests? Thats the one thing that kinda bothered me.

Had a look at the trailer I think you were talking about, As someone who is a fan of over-the-top action in games, Ir's kinda difficult for me to say how the combat is, as I've played and enjoyed quite a few games with crazier fighting.

I would say that the trailer is pretty accurate with how combat is in the game though. It's not as crazy/dumb as say Saints Row III or IV in that regard, but I'd say it's more over-the-top than a game like Sleeping Dogs. 

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Salt said:

Had a look at the trailer I think you were talking about, As someone who is a fan of over-the-top action in games, Ir's kinda difficult for me to say how the combat is, as I've played and enjoyed quite a few games with crazier fighting.

I would say that the trailer is pretty accurate with how combat is in the game though. It's not as crazy/dumb as say Saints Row III or IV in that regard, but I'd say it's more over-the-top than a game like Sleeping Dogs. 

I think sleeping dogs was about the perfect mix for me as far as martial arts fighting for video games go. I do really want to get into the Yakuza series though because of the storyline, but the crazy whacky fighting probably holding me off for abit.

And completed Yakuza 0 last night. It really is awesome and has gotten me super excited for the Yakuza 1 remake that's coming out later this year so I can continue the story. 

• 4 weeks later...