Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

• Commissioner

Got overwatch for Christmas, I'll have to try it out when I get home tomorrow. I would have preferred a Mac version. It since that doesn't exist I'm hoping the PS4 one still plays well.

also picked up Uncharted 4 so I can finally play that. Guess it's a good thing I also got a new 1TB drive for my system, need the space haha

On 11/8/2013 at 2:53 PM, flyersfan1493 said:

I'm doing the same. I imagine I'll get a PS4 at some point once I have my own place, but I picked up a 3DS the other day which'll keep me occupied for the foreseeable future.

So...finally got a PS4. Currently only have NHL 17 and FFXV. NHL 17 is much better than I remember the previous versions being. I only play EASHL, but the AI isn't brain dead any more on defense and can be serviceable on offense if you understand what they're going to do most of the time.

FFXV is the third FF I've played. I never finished FFVII or FFXIII (7 was on an old laptop and the save got deleted when it died, 13 just never held my interest) but this one seems pretty good. I'm only on chapter 3, but I find it funny I planned on doing it the opposite from you guys. I was going to go through and do the main story first and then go back and do all the side missions. 

10 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

So...finally got a PS4. Currently only have NHL 17 and FFXV. NHL 17 is much better than I remember the previous versions being. I only play EASHL, but the AI isn't brain dead any more on defense and can be serviceable on offense if you understand what they're going to do most of the time.

AI is much better on defense, but I love when they have a chance for a 2 on 1 and decide to dump it in :))

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2016-12-12 at 1:52 PM, Salt said:

Completed Final Fantasy XV last night, enjoyed it a lot. Not sure how I'd compare it to the great Final Fantasy's, but it's definitely a lot better than XIII imo.

Man, I love the game....but there's way too much driving in it for me. Unskippable driving if you haven't been to where you are going. I hate that.

16 hours ago, The Bread Man said:

I need Mass effect 2

Please get it and play it. It's the best of the 3, IMO. In a lot of people's opinion actually. 

On 2017-01-26 at 8:37 AM, tfong said:

Anyone planning on playing "For Honor?" Cross platform should mean bigger player base.

I had a blast with the Beta, but not sure if I'm going to buy it. For like $90 Canadian, I don't know if that's enough of a game for me. I know it has single player too, but I'm going to wait on reviews and see what happens. I had a good time with the Beta for sure, and played with some buddies too, but I can see myself getting bored of it after awhile if the single player blows.

• Head Moderator
12 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

You are way late on asking

You guys are way late in responding lol. Beta is over but I probably won't be getting For Honor. Cross platforming was a sham and no single player campaign means this game isn't worth 79.99 to me.

• Head Moderator
53 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Gotta love $59.99 games :)

Well exchange rates fool, you're still paying the same rate as me just in a different currency. Either way the game isn't worth more than $15-$20 to me so I'll probably wait until later to get it. There just isn't enough content.

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, tfong said:

Well exchange rates fool, you're still paying the same rate as me just in a different currency. Either way the game isn't worth more than $15-$20 to me so I'll probably wait until later to get it. There just isn't enough content.

Exchange rate is just their lovely excuse, we've seen it before. They hike the price up because the dollar is shit and then as soon as it comes back to par with the US the price doesn't come back down.

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, tfong said:

Regardless, not worth 59.99 or 79.99 lol.

I do agree with you. I tried it out and it seemed cool but unless the Single Player was fantastic I don't see an interest in it. The multiplayer felt like it would get very repetitive very quickly for me. Definitely seems like it could have a cool single player story though.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I do agree with you. I tried it out and it seemed cool but unless the Single Player was fantastic I don't see an interest in it. The multiplayer felt like it would get very repetitive very quickly for me. Definitely seems like it could have a cool single player story though.

I believe it has no single player.

It's tough for me since I justified Overwatch at $80.00 and it has no single player. But I've put over 100 hours into that thing, and it's post release updates have been fantastic. Which will be the real question for For Honor from my viewpoint. What does the game look like a month from now? Do they plan on adding any more modes or events? It seems intriguing, and I've heard a lot of people say it blends the depth of a fighting game ala Street Fighter with a third person action perspective, and that sounds interesting. 

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Devise said:

I believe it has no single player.

It's tough for me since I justified Overwatch at $80.00 and it has no single player. But I've put over 100 hours into that thing, and it's post release updates have been fantastic. Which will be the real question for For Honor from my viewpoint. What does the game look like a month from now? Do they plan on adding any more modes or events? It seems intriguing, and I've heard a lot of people say it blends the depth of a fighting game ala Street Fighter with a third person action perspective, and that sounds interesting. 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/02/for_honors_single_player_campaign_lasts_around_6_hours

It sounds underwhelming but it definitely exists, it just wasn't in the beta. Probably because they wanted to stress test the servers.

• Head Moderator

Lol since its ubisoft, their single player could be like Rainbow six where you get "situations" and thats about it.

Thats why im so bummed about it despite liking R6, great game but good thing i didn't pay full price for it. Nowhere is a multiplayer only game worth so much money.

Game mechanics and such are fun don't get me wrong.

But 4v4 only is kinda weak. Doesn't have the big battle feel of like...say Chivalry as well as lacking staged modes like siege type stuff in Chiv which I thought it would have.

Edited by tfong