General Football Discussion

Victor

• Admin

More importantly, Luis Suarez first non-Messi and non-Ronaldo to 30 La Liga goals since 08-09.

and first non-Messi and non-Ronaldo to 40 La Liga goals ever.

Aside from the racism, biting, and weird ears, he's pretty awesome.

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

More importantly, Luis Suarez first non-Messi and non-Ronaldo to 30 La Liga goals since 08-09.

and first non-Messi and non-Ronaldo to 40 La Liga goals ever.

Aside from the racism, biting, and weird ears, he's pretty awesome.

What a fucking prick. There's so much to like, but so much to dislike. 

Suarez is my favorite player in the universe.  Guy has had his shadowed moments, but he's been nothing but good since moving to Barca.  Seems to have really matured.

Barca 6 La Liga championships in 8 years. Amazing team.  Messi was a damned genius today, along with Neymar.

10 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

Suarez is my favorite player in the universe.  Guy has had his shadowed moments, but he's been nothing but good since moving to Barca.  Seems to have really matured.

Barca 6 La Liga championships in 8 years. Amazing team.  Messi was a damned genius today, along with Neymar.

LOL

Suarez is far from a good dude, and I'm obviously not going to defend the racism/biting which is ridiculous.  I honestly think Messi has been a very good influence on him and that he looks up to Messi a lot.  They hang out constantly, live in the same neighborhood, take their kids to the same schools. 

I do think he's an incredibly hard worker and plays with more heart and fire than just about anyone. Not sure what there is to criticize about his game if you take the personal side from pre 2015 out of it. I know he got suspended early in 2016 for talking shit to Espanyol, but honestly, if you watched that game, it was 100% warranted. Espanyol is a trash side and they were chopping at Messi/Neymar/Suarez all damn match.

13 hours ago, Knight said:

Yawn. Bayern stealing a Dortmund player, what else is new?

Classless git. Hope he fails miserably. 

What else are we to do? Believe it or not other teams do have money and Gotze and Hummels have both been sold to us. The reason the Bundesliga is a one trick pony is because many of the teams owners have a ton of money but they treat their teams like businesses (much like Newcastle) and never spend money to make money. They just soak in the profits from the gate. Bayern spends their money (albeit at times without claiming taxes haha).

25 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

I'm becoming way too attached to this game.  Run by a bunch of corrupt European officials top to bottom.  

This is legit the second saddest moment in sports win-loss results ever for me.  Fuck Sevilla. 

You think they want anyone other than Spanish teams to win? Spanish teams are being forced down the audiences throats, it's so sad.

18 hours ago, Victor said:

salt_0310.jpg

Bit harsh mate. I feel Liverpool are well within their right to have some serious grievances about missed calls. Granted, they were beaten fairly in the second half, but a 2-0 or 3-0 changes the complexion of the game. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Knight said:

Bit harsh mate. I feel Liverpool are well within their right to have some serious grievances about missed calls. Granted, they were beaten fairly in the second half, but a 2-0 or 3-0 changes the complexion of the game. 

I believe all the penalty claims, far from as clear cut as they are made out to be, came before Sturridge's goal. I've never bought the argument that you can just add a missed call as a goal - there's no guarantee that Sturridge would have scored the goal he actually did if they had scored earlier. So really we're just looking at an earlier 1-0 lead which doesn't change much.

At the end of the day, Liverpool had about 1 or 2 clear chances for all their domination, and I'm not even counting the goal since that was a chance out of nothing.

Coupled with the fact that this Liverpool side don't deserve Champions League football, much like the Premier League doesn't deserve five teams there, as well as Sevilla having the constant player turnover and overall revenue of Swansea (maybe), I really don't have room for sympathy for Liverpool.