S44 Victory Hockey Fantasy League

scoop

You can change your roster every week? Lame.

Yeah, totally lame to actually have control over your roster.

not a fan of changing it every week. seems like a lot of unnecessary work for whoever is the head of the league.

I'm fine with it. Maybe it'll be more work than I expect but at least for one season I am certainly willing to put in the effort. Besides, I like doing this kind of stuff.

What I'm more concerned about is that surely you can just change to the first place team roster and everyone will have the same squad.

This is a joke, right?

What is the point of the weekly changes though?

Yeah, that is incredibly pointless.

To make the winner someone who is more deserving of the win, rather than someone who randomly picked the best squad at the beginning of the season. It's certainly not pointless; it's a pretty big change. It allows people who want to put in more effort for their team to do so.

To be completely honest, I'm very surprised at the negative attention this is getting. What is the argument in favor of no changes? The only thing I can think of is that it requires less work for the person in charge, but I'm entirely fine with doing it.

To be completely honest, I'm very surprised at the negative attention this is getting. 

You're not the only one. I think this is a great step forward for this point task.

Aight so here's a list of people who don't get to change their rosters each week:

Munk

eaglesfan036

CoachReilly

Victor

sterling

Advantage

Draper

boubabi

Everyone else still can.

Confirmed mad

Being able to rework your entire roster weekly takes the skill out of it. This isn't an elimination draft where you can't pick Slaughter because someone else got him; everyone has an equal chance of building the exact same team. The difference in the winners and losers is who knows the league and which players can perform well. When you remove that factor it just cheapens the whole experience, namely for what Victor said. You see Quebec doing well, just slot in their hot players, or Stockholm's, or whoever is doing well that week.

It's a bold idea and it's good to see things being challenged and shaken up, but I personally feel it's a overall negative change to the whole fan league experience.

I personally would like to see the option to change it maybe once a season, preferably before the trade deadline. This allows you to drop someone like Thomassen who's sucking balls and add a Harumpf to help you out, without the knowledge of which teams will improve or drop off after the deadline.

I'm lazy and don't want to change my roster weekly. That's my rationale. It's not as much fun to me (IMO)

Okay, so you don't have to. It'll put you at a disadvantage to those who put in the effort though.

Being able to rework your entire roster weekly takes the skill out of it. This isn't an elimination draft where you can't pick Slaughter because someone else got him; everyone has an equal chance of building the exact same team. The difference in the winners and losers is who knows the league and which players can perform well. When you remove that factor it just cheapens the whole experience, namely for what Victor said. You see Quebec doing well, just slot in their hot players, or Stockholm's, or whoever is doing well that week.

I see things the opposite way. Static rosters take the skill out of it and make it more about luck. And that last line... that's exactly the point. The people who are paying attention to the league and what's going on, the schedules, etc are the ones who are going to do better.

It's a bold idea and it's good to see things being challenged and shaken up, but I personally feel it's a overall negative change to the whole fan league experience.

I ran the thing last season and I didn't give a shit about it. There's really no reason to pay attention to it. You just make your roster at the beginning, forget about it, and collect your TPE at the end of the season.

This makes it a fuckton more interactive.

Will the player cost change during the season or remain static?

Only when a players salary changes will their cost change. That means that there shouldn't be any changes following Week 2. Some of the Week 1 salaries will be off because of salary increases between the time I made the list and the beginning of the season when salaries become locked.

And this will affect several teams as a result of the New York bonsuses being handed out. I will make sure to PM everyone whose team is affected by a change in salary of a player on their team.

The updated player list will be made once the season starts.

Edited by Streetlight

Thanks street. Was just curious if I'm at the $20 Million cap with my roster, that I can only sub, let's say a $4 Million Fwd for someone of equal or lesser value, based on the Week 1 cost. You answered that, thank you.