Premier League Talk 15/16

2 hours ago, CoachReilly said:

Not quite. If top 4 wins Europa, nothing changes. If someone outside top 4 wins Europa, then 5 go to Champions League (top 4 + one). It happened last year in Spain when 5th place Sevilla won EL so Spain had 5 CL teams to start this season.

CL winner rules are the same as before, if CL winners outside top 4 then someone misses out

^^^ 

that explanation? my question now is --> who is the someone that misses out? 

I don't know for sure, but i know Blackburn misses out on everything so they are qualified to be an answer here.

• Admin
1 hour ago, CoachReilly said:

:(

whyyyyyyyy PKs

eh Liverpool didn't deserve extra time. City should have had a penalty and god Sterling's finishing is terrible.

Unlike one Marcus Rashford. Where the hell did that come from?

53 minutes ago, Victor said:

eh Liverpool didn't deserve extra time. City should have had a penalty and god Sterling's finishing is terrible.

The real way how to field a team of academy products and kids. Take note Man City (5-1 Chelsea lawl).

In all seriousness, I'm excited about the young English talent United is producing. I think historically we've produced a fair bit of talent from our academy. One of the things I am really happy with the way LVG manages his team is he always gives the youngsters a chance (keeping the number of senior members in his squad limited). Granted, more youngsters have had to make their debut than initially wanted to out of necessity, especially in the fullback position, but in a season that's been fairly dire and disappointing, I think there's a good few positives that will emerge from this season. Hopefully, we can reap those rewards down the line.

I think it's especially rare in this day and age where there is a ridiculous amount of cash being thrown around. It would have been easy for us to make some signings in the winter transfer window. Instead, we let the kids play!

Fuck everything.

Except LFC. Good to see we are getting back to full-team fitness, but ofc Sahko clocks Can in the head and goes off concussed.

We barely deserved to get to extra time, and penalties are always a coin flip, so I'm just a little disapointed.. but as long as we smooch those academics of Man U, we are still in good position. 

• Admin
8 hours ago, Knight said:

The real way how to field a team of academy products and kids. Take note Man City (5-1 Chelsea lawl).

In all seriousness, I'm excited about the young English talent United is producing. I think historically we've produced a fair bit of talent from our academy. One of the things I am really happy with the way LVG manages his team is he always gives the youngsters a chance (keeping the number of senior members in his squad limited). Granted, more youngsters have had to make their debut than initially wanted to out of necessity, especially in the fullback position, but in a season that's been fairly dire and disappointing, I think there's a good few positives that will emerge from this season. Hopefully, we can reap those rewards down the line.

I think it's especially rare in this day and age where there is a ridiculous amount of cash being thrown around. It would have been easy for us to make some signings in the winter transfer window. Instead, we let the kids play!

Although van Gaal has a track record of giving youngsters a chance, not sure how intentional it was this time. Pretty much a while starting elven minus De Gea is currently out injured.

But if it turns out to be a blessing in disguise then its for the best I'd say, United's academy has had a questionable track record recently.

19 hours ago, Victor said:

guessing you just watched the second half.  mignolet gave up another laughable goal through his legs on a shot that was far from a rocket.  mignolet made some good saves, but they were saves any good keeper makes. aguero missed a number of opportunities as well, but one came after sakho was clearly concussed.

sterling sucks at finishing. this has been known for as long as he's been in the prem.

liverpool owned the ball, and the ref kept the whistle in the pocket on both sides. that was a really poor non-call on moreno. otamendi, fernando could have had a number of yellows though

• Admin
1 hour ago, CoachReilly said:

guessing you just watched the second half.  mignolet gave up another laughable goal through his legs on a shot that was far from a rocket.  mignolet made some good saves, but they were saves any good keeper makes. aguero missed a number of opportunities as well, but one came after sakho was clearly concussed.

sterling sucks at finishing. this has been known for as long as he's been in the prem.

liverpool owned the ball, and the ref kept the whistle in the pocket on both sides. that was a really poor non-call on moreno. otamendi, fernando could have had a number of yellows though

Nope, watched the whole, just didn't let bias clous my judgement.

Moreno dived lol.

The fact Mignolet had to make saves while no one remembers Caballero doing anything until the shootout tells me City should have won.

6 hours ago, Victor said:

Nope, watched the whole, just didn't let bias clous my judgement.

Moreno dived lol.

The fact Mignolet had to make saves while no one remembers Caballero doing anything until the shootout tells me City should have won.

i also don't think you understand how bad mignolet has been all season.  advanced stats say he's lost liverpool 15 points in the premier league... this was as of the sunderland game, so almost a month ago.  liverpool had a great chance to win, so not sure what makes you the judge of what's a tough loss or not.

• 1 month later...

Liverpool are still in a good position to clinch a Champions League Spot... they split the away leg against Borrussia Dortmund and got that crucial away goal in a 1-1 tie. So excited for Thursday!! 

Also, with that nice win over Stoke, we are still in with a chance of finishing fourth in the league anyway... but I'd rather have that trophy to our name :)