Premier League Talk 15/16

As disappointed as I am to not finish first, real talk is that if you would have told me at the beginning of the season that Spurs would finish above one of Arsenal, Man CIty et al. to qualify for CL football, I would have been ecstatic. The fact that it's Leicster makes it a lot easier to stomach as well.

9 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

As disappointed as I am to not finish first, real talk is that if you would have told me at the beginning of the season that Spurs would finish above one of Arsenal, Man CIty et al. to qualify for CL football, I would have been ecstatic. The fact that it's Leicster makes it a lot easier to stomach as well.

Spurs this season have consistently been one of the most entertaining clubs to watch! I love watching them because of all the young English players coming into their own - just in time for the Euros. Rose has been a great surprise, Kane continued to be phenomenal, and Alli, winning the Young Player of the Year is marvelous. They still have a shot at the title, but I like the story-book year of Leicester. 

Hopefully next season, Liverpool will be vying with Spurs for the title :)

• Admin
25 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

It's typical Spurs luck to be fair. Of all the seasons to choose to be good.

Next season could be magnificent. How will Leicester cope with the Champions League? How will the Champions League cope with Leicester? How will City/United/Chelsea respond? Will Liverpool come good?

And how many points will Sunderland win the league by?

1 minute ago, Victor said:

It's typical Spurs luck to be fair. Of all the seasons to choose to be good.

Next season could be magnificent. How will Leicester cope with the Champions League? How will the Champions League cope with Leicester? How will City/United/Chelsea respond? Will Liverpool come good?

And how many points will Sunderland win the league by?

Most importantly...where will Yedlin play?

And when does Ronaldo/Messi concede Best Player in the World to Pulisic?

10 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

I agree.  It's just a bit painful to lose it this way.  I mean, obviously they haven't lost it yet, but I don't think Leicester will mess it up. 

Being in the CL is still awesome and I think with all the young players they have (both in the first team and the U21s/U18s), Spurs have a really bright future.  I'm really excited to see what happens in the future.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Spurs this season have consistently been one of the most entertaining clubs to watch! I love watching them because of all the young English players coming into their own - just in time for the Euros. Rose has been a great surprise, Kane continued to be phenomenal, and Alli, winning the Young Player of the Year is marvelous. They still have a shot at the title, but I like the story-book year of Leicester. 

Hopefully next season, Liverpool will be vying with Spurs for the title :)

I remember about two years ago in the season after Rose returned from Sunderland on loan, everyone was calling for his head.  Then Pochettino came in and he's been great ever since - especially this season.  Rose, Kane, Dier and Alli have been awesome as a group and hopefully Onomah. Pritchard and Winks can come into their own in the first team next season as well.

For me the only negatives this year were Bentaleb's and Pritchard's struggles this year.  Although with how well Dembele and Dier have been doing I don't know if Bentaleb really would've had much of a place in the first team this season - especially considering Mason and Carroll are in the squad as well.

1 minute ago, solas said:

I remember about two years ago in the season after Rose returned from Sunderland on loan, everyone was calling for his head.  Then Pochettino came in and he's been great ever since - especially this season.  Rose, Kane, Dier and Alli have been awesome as a group and hopefully Onomah. Pritchard and Winks can come into their own in the first team next season as well.

For me the only negatives this year were Bentaleb's and Pritchard's struggles this year.  Although with how well Dembele and Dier have been doing I don't know if Bentaleb really would've had much of a place in the first team this season - especially considering Mason and Carroll are in the squad as well.

The only place I really get Spurs news is from reddit, so take it what it's worth, but apparently Bentaleb's extended contract negotiations last season rubbed more than one important person the wrong way. When you think about the team-first philosophy that Pochettino has implemented, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. 

3 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

The only place I really get Spurs news is from reddit, so take it what it's worth, but apparently Bentaleb's extended contract negotiations last season rubbed more than one important person the wrong way. When you think about the team-first philosophy that Pochettino has implemented, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. 

Hmm, that's interesting.  Like you said, I can definitely see that happening because of the way Pochettino manages the team.  I wonder if this means he'll be sold then?  It's a shame since he seemed to be the only defensive-minded CM on the team outside of Dier.

WHAT A FUCKING MATCH. 

Was like watching a game 7 playoff. was so intense. CAn't believe no one got sent off. 

Willian shoulda tried to go for the win there at the end with that free kick.

and how about that fucking hazard goal eh? magic. 

The odds of a professional soccer player getting bitten by Uruguay's Luis Suarez are about 1 in 2,000.

Luis Suarez had a better shot at biting someone than Leicester winning the Prem. 

other 5000-1 odds:

Elvis being found alive

Yeti or Loch Ness Monster being proven to exist

Kim Kardashian being president in 2020

Barack Obama to play cricket for the English National Team

15th seeded Cal State Bakersfield winning the NCCA March Madness tourney

some 16 year old to win the masters. he finished dead last with +21

NBA Minnesota Timberwolves who were 14-35 at the time to win the NBA Championship. they missed the playoffs by 14 games

things with better odds:

Philadelphia Phillies or Atlanta Braves winning the world series 500-1

Cleveland Browns winning the super bowl 200-1

Simon Cowell to be the next English Prime Minister 500-1

Hugh Hefner to announce he was a virgin 1000-1

@Draper to not rig anything 4999-1

@Kendrick to not be a dick 4999-1

@eaglesfan036 to not trade a 1st round pick 2500-1

@brovy to be a good gm 1000-1

@JPL to not retire and make another player 100-1

@Phil to not post in everything thread 500-1

@Victor to release his real age to everyone 4000-1

@Mike to be an active GM 3000-1

@Molholt to continue VHL Wrestling 1000-1

@StevenStamkos91 to be active with Shawn Muller 500-1

@Higgins to be a good commish 3000-1

@scotty to make another Scotty Campbell 1500-1

@brooks. to come back 750-1

Edited by StevenStamkos91

I'm kinda gutted Tottenham didn't win the league since they're my dad's favourite team, but considering the winner was Leicester I'm OK with that, since I would've felt bad for them if they'd thrown it away after leading for so long.

2 hours ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

The odds of a professional soccer player getting bitten by Uruguay's Luis Suarez are about 1 in 2,000.

I'm kinda surprised those odds are that high considering he's already done it three times. Makes me wonder what odds they put on Emile Heskey scoring in a game.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 4/24/2016 at 9:44 PM, Victor said:

Nah I love Sunderland just about sneaking out of the bottom three in the last weeks of the season. Going on 4th straight season of that now!

:D 

Final games start in 20 minutes! Only games that really have any consequences are to decide who enters Europe next season. 

I think the great thing is after this season, how the hell do you predict who is gonna win next season?! Everyone pretty much had Chelsea as favorites and they could finish as low as tenth, while champions Leicester City were picks to be relegated by quite a few people.