Premier League Talk 15/16

I haven't posted in this thread in a while so I thought I'd add my thoughts on Tottenham's season so far.  I've loved it.  Pochettino has the team playing wonderfully, and I honestly can't think of one player on the team that I dislike.  (Unless you count Fazio, but he's on loan.) There's so many great young players.  I honestly never expected the team to be doing this well.  At this point I don't think they'll finish where they are now (especially considering the matches coming up in March) but the fact that a Champion's League spot and two decent cup runs is reasonable is awesome.  I've also been following the academy more this season (at least as much as I can, which isn't a lot) and it honestly makes me even more excited for the future.

2 hours ago, solas said:

I haven't posted in this thread in a while so I thought I'd add my thoughts on Tottenham's season so far.  I've loved it.  Pochettino has the team playing wonderfully, and I honestly can't think of one player on the team that I dislike.  (Unless you count Fazio, but he's on loan.) There's so many great young players.  I honestly never expected the team to be doing this well.  At this point I don't think they'll finish where they are now (especially considering the matches coming up in March) but the fact that a Champion's League spot and two decent cup runs is reasonable is awesome.  I've also been following the academy more this season (at least as much as I can, which isn't a lot) and it honestly makes me even more excited for the future.

You're right. I think they're going to finish at the top of the table as well.

13 hours ago, Victor said:

Leicester wtf how.

Bottom of the league, seven points from safety last March. How in the name of Harry Kane is this happening?

Not even an underdog victory, genuinely the best football in the Premier League week in and week out.

TBH Tottenham have been the best team in the prem for the last 4 weeks hands down.

But yet... Leicester are still chugging ahead atop of the Prem, getting shit done. I was soo angry when they beat Liverpool last week but... actually applauded the first Vardy goal... you kinda have to as a football fan. They fucking didn't deserve to win.. but, they somewhat essentially capitalized on 2 of their 3 chances... whereas the dominating side, LFC, did dick all with the ball.

Go Leicester... we'll see you in the Champs League next season when we win Europa!

• Admin
5 hours ago, Phil said:

we'll see you in the Champs League next season when we win Europa!

who's this we, all the fans left yesterday. :P

9 hours ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

other than Bayern Munich who i watch all the games for, I think of the games i look forward to most in the BPL is Everton. Everton have been a good team to watch and honestly Lukaku and Barkley are great, its too bad they are where they are though because youd think theyd be doing better

They've only started defending properly in the last few games, interestingly ever since Stones got injured. I'm not convinced by him tbh, and am happy Chelsea didn't spend crazy money on him. Even with all of this season's struggles.

• Admin

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/shaq-backs-northampton-league-two-promotion#:zlc1wVEw1-iKhA

so that happened. Northampton is where I lived until very recently (my parents still do live there). Absolute shithole with a crappy football team.

But Shaq! WTF

On 15/02/2016 at 1:59 PM, Victor said:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/shaq-backs-northampton-league-two-promotion#:zlc1wVEw1-iKhA

so that happened. Northampton is where I lived until very recently (my parents still do live there). Absolute shithole with a crappy football team.

But Shaq! WTF

can i move in with your parents and try out for the team? 

• Admin

Not quite. If top 4 wins Europa, nothing changes. If someone outside top 4 wins Europa, then 5 go to Champions League (top 4 + one). It happened last year in Spain when 5th place Sevilla won EL so Spain had 5 CL teams to start this season.

CL winner rules are the same as before, if CL winners outside top 4 then someone misses out

• Admin
2 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

so whose spot gets stolen in the event of a non-auto qualifier (i.e. liverpool) winning europa? victor, i'm looking for a full view here. i don't know football like you brits.

I fucking explained this in the other thread damn it

• Admin
Just now, CoachReilly said:

"Spurs could save Manchester United seasion if they win the UEL or face a team that qualified for the UCL in the final through the league." -- WTF does this mean, mate?

means someone doesn't understand the rules

Not quite. If top 4 wins Europa, nothing changes. If someone outside top 4 wins Europa, then 5 go to Champions League (top 4 + one). It happened last year in Spain when 5th place Sevilla won EL so Spain had 5 CL teams to start this season.

CL winner rules are the same as before, if CL winners outside top 4 then someone misses out

^^^ 

that explanation? my question now is --> who is the someone that misses out?