The Chat System

Will

What is your point? Yes, the recruiting I've tried to do has not worked. I'm not disputing that.

Do you have any constructive points to make to the discussion?

I'm just saying you came out with criticism yet you had a chance to do something about what you are complaining about. Just seems counter productive in a way.

"All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time. This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership."

If people move their chat conversations to locker rooms or forums, that makes those areas more active, and makes the league more appealing to people who're looking for a sense of community

So I approve

Debate settled

If cost was a big issue with it, then I think most should be fine with it being gone now. Sure, it helped a lot of guys, but it prevented them from posted to the forum. When a lot of your chatter winds up in the chat only, then the forum looks dead to people.

Besides, we can just set up a Tinychat or something.

If cost was a big issue with it, then I think most should be fine with it being gone now. Sure, it helped a lot of guys, but it prevented them from posted to the forum. When a lot of your chatter winds up in the chat only, then the forum looks dead to people.

Besides, we can just set up a Tinychat or something.

Or a chatzy

Yeah, for a few years now. They just upgraded not long ago. Originally became a member for an EA NHL sim league.

Now I'm in the WSHL there.

Ever tried to recruit from there? Looks like a nicely established board.

so how am i supposed to do trade neogotiaions without taking half an hour

when a noob logs in and has a billion questions, are we just going to send a billion pms

Half an hour? Trade talks have taken weeks with some GMs on here...

Them and the SHL actually used to have a portal to each site but it was taken down. Tanner over from SHL in on CTN as well in that WSHL league I'm in.  I can try to recruit.

Do it! It would be worth it if we got some of those guys here

Lol @ people immediately talking about setting up a tinychat or chatzy to make up for this. If a large reason for the removal is to rejuvenate the forums by basically forcing conversations to end up here (also lol @ the idea that everything we used the chat system for would be something we'd post on forums, yeah I'm gonna ask how peoples' personal lives are on the forums... not), then why the hell would making a chatzy be a good idea? Yeah, I get that cost was another (bigger) factor, and if that was all then I understand that. But let's not pretend that there's other reasons (more posts on the forum) while simultaneously trying to figure out ways to circumvent forums (again).

That said, that's unfortunately the final nail in the coffin for me. I only ever came on here within the last handful of months to chat with Eagles, Draper, Higgins, a couple choice others, and look for Gorlab when he wasn't in my chatzy. I haven't had fun here in a long time, I've voiced concerns quite a bit, and it's just not for me anymore. Good luck with the site in the future, and hope whatever system replaces the chat is well received by those still around.