All-Star Location

Will

• Senior Admin

Perhaps you have never even noticed this, but every year when publishing the all-star lineups there is a host city. This is typically a place arbitrarily chosen by yours truly that has absolutely no impact or significance in grand scheme of things. That being said, it just wouldn't be right if the all-star game was held somewhere in the depths of Jardy's hard drive with no real location to call home.

So, I need some suggestions on where to host the S47 All-Star game. It was in Florida last year so let's send it across the pond this season. Make suggestions here and I'll put them in a poll or something, whoever's location gets chosen will get a whopping 1 TPE for your superb locale choosing efforts.

:applaud:

15 minutes ago, Ball said:

Antarctica. Lots of snow and ice, no need for a rink.

Also, doing a Winter Classic  AllStar game at Lambeau Field would be banging

I support this mans pitch to play in the most historic stadium out there.

11 hours ago, boubabi said:

Berlin

Nowhere. Near. Berlin.

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Vasteras they are in need and we can use the old stadium I'm sure it hasn't decayed that much.

Or we can do Avangard they miss the VHL.

Yes to Vasteras, but we can't do Avangard because that's not an actual place. The Russian team is called Avangard Omsk, which is based out of Omsk. Avangard Havoc is one of the most nonsensical team names in VHL history.

My vote goes to Amsterdam, for some old Amstel love.

• Admin
On 2/2/2016 at 1:36 PM, Toast said:

Bring it to Riga. Latvians need double the love.

can confirm

On 2/2/2016 at 2:27 AM, JardyB10 said:

Nowhere. Near. Berlin.

Yes to Vasteras, but we can't do Avangard because that's not an actual place. The Russian team is called Avangard Omsk, which is based out of Omsk. Avangard Havoc is one of the most nonsensical team names in VHL history.

My vote goes to Amsterdam, for some old Amstel love.

In the latest round of trivia answers I think I said Amstel was an ever worse name than Avangard. But possibly the other way around.

Even HC Davos is iffy, especially in the Zurich Center, but it's an improvement.

How the fuck is this franchise leading in championships

1 hour ago, Victor said:

can confirm

In the latest round of trivia answers I think I said Amstel was an ever worse name than Avangard. But possibly the other way around.

Even HC Davos is iffy, especially in the Zurich Center, but it's an improvement.

How the fuck is this franchise leading in championships

I think Amstel is a bit better because it's at least a river apparently, and thus kind of an area. There's a minor league team in the Netherlands that are literally called the Amstel Tijgers that our founders doubtlessly ripped from. Avangard appears to be the Russian word for 'vanguard', which is kind of a sweet name actually. But one could argue it's a better name because it's also the name of a town in Tajikistan, which apparently is a country.

Upon some Googling, Davos is indeed a pretty iffy location. It would kind of be the equivalent to giving Banff a VHL team. The Zurich Center is a nonsensical arena name. I'm going to suggest a new arena for the league's 50th anniversary. :P