More donation options or enhancements?

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Not sure if people like this because of a F2P or P2P mentality, but I wouldn't mind donating more money to have more enhanced features for welfare folk.

I'm not sure what the effects of more money would be for the site so this is simply a suggestion, I mean coming from a welfare player, if I had more pay options to stay in line with other players I probably would, because I make more money with the time I were to spend on a PT currently.

• Head Moderator

But that's an incorrect assumption. I discuss tons and I'm on welfare. But the site does need money. What can more money do for advertisement? Or other usages I'm not sure, its why I'm throwing it out there.

8 minutes ago, tfong said:

But the site does need money. What can more money do for advertisement?

Serious question: Is that actually the case? I was under the impression we had a surplus, and any cash previously thrown at Facebook and other online advertising had been seen as a failure.

53 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Serious question: Is that actually the case? I was under the impression we had a surplus, and any cash previously thrown at Facebook and other online advertising had been seen as a failure.

Never hurts to continue to try in my opinion. One more person we have tomorrow is one more person than we had today. Our members base is limited and almost seems like we're losing more old members than gaining new members.

Facebook may be a good place to advertise, but maybe we could find better or expand from there. This, of course, only possible with money or a surplus. 

Maybe not welfare, but adding an additional donation option or two may be something that is nice. Maybe $40 and you get a bonus free week, double week and 10 TPE. etc - maybe 20 TPE.

A surplus is never a bad thing. It gives us MORE option to hopefully help the league. What we do on SHL, VHL is tough. It's an acquired taste to enjoy what we do on these sites. Maybe prior to expanding our advertising, we need a committee of people to come together, look around the internet and find some ACTUAL quality places that we can advertise for and come together to actually figure out how many people will see the ad.

How much time did the AD get on FB? Was it on their constantly for everyone to see? Was it easy to see? Where was it on the page?

Can we throw an AD on google? Make us one  of the first things you search when you search "VHL" or "Hockey League" or Fantasy Hockey etc.

• Head Moderator
6 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Actually I was phrasing it as a question cause I didn't know myself. 

3 hours ago, STZ said:

Your dad gonna honour kill you if he ever read that statement.

Haha kill me for using money in a free game :P

I mean overall I was just throwing it out there really just to ask. I think this was spurred by a short chat I had with Riggins and Draper just about TPE related stuff and I just wanted to look at scenarios for those of us who are not nearly as active, but can contribute in other ways helpful to the site (aka donations).