S50 Trade Deadline & ASG

Will

• Senior Admin

Hello all! 

The league office has been a bit quiet lately - sorry about that, we've been on holidays. Well, actually, I haven't been on holidays, but other two scrubs have been if you noticed that I've been lord of all things simulation for the past couple of days. It's time to get back to business though and I come to you tonight with some super awesome mind-boggling information about this seasons All-Star Game and Trade Deadline.

S50 Trade Deadline

The trade deadline shall occur on Saturday, August 20th at 9PM EST.

What does this mean for people looking to re-create for S52 OR get started on the first batch of second players? Well, let me just tell you! It means that you can create a player for the S52 draft exactly...today! 

S50 All-Star Game Initial Rosters + Info

The captain votes are up, I have the initial rosters here, and the votes for the final few players to get added to the draft should be up by the time you're reading this. Now, seeing as it took a little longer than anticipated to get captains picked and to the roster voted on, I'm going to refrain from giving you an exact date on when the ASG will be simmed. We'll try for Friday though! 

Oh, and I suppose you're probably wondering what I have to offer you all this All-Star Week. I did bring a little something.. any All-Star related point task posted this current week OR next week is eligible to receive an additional 3 uncapped TPE. Don't worry, we're not getting cheap on you, but the World Cup is set for this off-season and we'd like to give some stuff for that as well. 

One last thing - if you haven't already, please be sure to participate in all of the All-Star community polls that can be found HERE. Captains will be announced tomorrow so get those votes in!

So without further ranting, here is the initial All-Star draft roster as decided by the BOG.

Forwards

1. Tom Lincoln

2. Unassisted

3. Edwin Reencarnacion

4. Aleksi Koponen

5. Joel Jarvi

6. John Sleeman

7. Sir William Covington III

8. Neils Skovsgaard

9. Jordan Maverick

10. Bogdan Podarok 

11. Shawn Muller

12. Thor Odinsson

Defensemen

1. Jeff Hamilton

2. Phil Hamilton

3. Francis York Morgan

4. Black Velvet

5. Shayne Gow

6. David Hamilton

7. Bubba Nuck

8. Biggu Kyanon

Goalies

1. Hans Wingate

2. Ariel Weinstein

3. Dmitri Dadonov

4. Sandro Clegane

5. Greg Clegane

6. Artom Zumbayev

What does this mean for people looking to re-create for S52 OR get started on the first batch of second players? Well, let me just tell you! It means that you can create a player for the S52 draft exactly...yesterday

Does this mean we can claim a pt for last week too for our second players?

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Smarch said:

What does this mean for people looking to re-create for S52 OR get started on the first batch of second players? Well, let me just tell you! It means that you can create a player for the S52 draft exactly...yesterday

Does this mean we can claim a pt for last week too for our second players?

No, sorry, that was a typo. It was supposed to say today, not yesterday (i was thinking it was Tuesday for some reason).

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

What happens if I already posted a Point Task this week for one of the new members that isn't ASG related and next week is VHLSC?

I think we can all agree VHLSC deserves more credit than it gets so I don't think anyone will complain if you claim the 3 for VHLSC. 

• Senior Admin

@Kendrick and @Mr. Power will be this season's captains! 

Sorry for the tease @ADwyer87, I was rushing putting the poll up and forgot you were captain last year. We've made all the past captains sit out for a season after they did it, so it would be a tad unfair to let you go 2 seasons in a row :P My bad for not realizing sooner. 

@evrydayimbyfuglien was tied in votes with Kendrick so I settled it the only way I knew how - a coin flip. Sorry boss!

48 minutes ago, Draper said:

@Kendrick and @Mr. Power will be this season's captains! 

Sorry for the tease @ADwyer87, I was rushing putting the poll up and forgot you were captain last year. We've made all the past captains sit out for a season after they did it, so it would be a tad unfair to let you go 2 seasons in a row :P My bad for not realizing sooner. 

@evrydayimbyfuglien was tied in votes with Kendrick so I settled it the only way I knew how - a coin flip. Sorry boss!

All good, I was pretty sure I was losing anyway :P 

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Congrats boys.

@Draper We still good for tomorrow? :P

Ummmmm, yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh... no. The draft will be tomorrow though! 

It should be good for Sunday to close off our 'All-Star Week' :D 

I don't think we need to fret too much about lining it up with the trade deadline exactly