S37 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

I have 3 picks in this draft and every position other than goalie I'll be looking for.  I apologize in advance for draftees that feel unimportant or get mad/sad that gms don't contact them more often.  I really don't start to reach out to players till closer to the draft when things are more concrete in terms of actual pick selection and where players look like they will land.  I do a ton of research and follow you throughout the season though you guys are going a great job just keep at it.  Just because you aren't messaged or contacted about being drafted doesn't mean you aren't valued or important.

I have 3 picks in this draft and every position other than goalie I'll be looking for.  I apologize in advance for draftees that feel unimportant or get mad/sad that gms don't contact them more often.  I really don't start to reach out to players till closer to the draft when things are more concrete in terms of actual pick selection and where players look like they will land.  I do a ton of research and follow you throughout the season though you guys are going a great job just keep at it.  Just because you aren't messaged or contacted about being drafted doesn't mean you aren't valued or important.

This. Also after the lottery is done, GM's tend to have a better idea of what they have on the table. Mike is right though, very few of us don't do anything homework. Hell the open in post should tell you that you are looked at quite closely during the season.

This. Also after the lottery is done, GM's tend to have a better idea of what they have on the table. Mike is right though, very few of us don't do anything homework. Hell the open in post should tell you that you are looked at quite closely during the season.

So closely that you have the goalies going to two teams who have GM goalies

"Riga Reign"

phew, dodged a bullet there.

Oh dang, that basically mean I'm being watched. Or stalked on. Gotta behave myself. :ph34r:

So closely that you have the goalies going to two teams who have GM goalies

Oh Jason, such a stupid comment. Ever heard of bargaining chip? You really think teams are going to let a guy go to 8th overall if he has the 3rd most TPE in his class which is 70-80 TPE more than his next person?

Oh Jason, such a stupid comment. Ever heard of bargaining chip? You really think teams are going to let a guy go to 8th overall if he has the 3rd most TPE in his class which is 70-80 TPE more than his next person?

That doesn't tend to happen in this league as far as I recall

That doesn't tend to happen in this league as far as I recall

No but when a guy is 70 TPE higher than a draftee you either trade down or you take him. The Claudio situation where they traded him can come about again

No but when a guy is 70 TPE higher than a draftee you either trade down or you take him. The Claudio situation where they traded him can come about again

That would make sense if there were huge TPE gaps, but there are not. If my pick ends up 5 and those are the guys available, I don't take Olynick. He's not miles better than everyone else at that point. Same with Salo at 8. Sure, they're probably BPA at that point, but not by such a wide margin that the two guys who have GM goalies are going to take them for the extra 15 TPE.

Also, you said in the OP that positional needs were a part of your formula. If you're just awarding BPA, then why claim that?

Yeah it is simply a ranking on TPE with a slight weight on positional and lottery coming a close second. Apparently a simple experiment for the rookies to get excited about is a very pressing argumentative issue at hand.