All-Time Draftee TPE Leaders

solas

7 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

A bit surprised McAllister wasn't up there anyway, but looks like he missed by 2 TPE. WTG Flowers, getting shit done.

I also made an updated version that only included players during the 9 TPE weekly cap era, but the only reason I didn't include it was because there wasn't much of a difference from the first post in this thread.  McAllister would've been 6th on that list.

Edited by solas

Additional note: I've also got different TPE totals for S69 between the VHLSC Draft Class Rankings threads and the actual entry drafts themselves on the portal.  If I use the VHLSC threads that would increase some players' totals (Graves at 370 instead of 347, Lahtinen at 361 instead of 350) and would add some people to the list (Odin Omdahl in S70, Cinnamon Block in S69).

(I've also quietly added Soren Jensen to the list, who I'd mistakenly left out.  Please ignore the amount of mistakes I've made in this thread :P)

1 hour ago, Peace said:

Eno Rama was out whored five times?! 

If I’m at 345... and with a few weeks left before the draft. I just might be able to get to 400!

I feel like I'm going to get a bunch of stuff thrown at me for saying this, but there's no way this should be possible.

Not blaming you, but really is something we have to look at IMO.

Just now, flyersfan1453 said:

I feel like I'm going to get a bunch of stuff thrown at me for saying this, but there's no way this should be possible.

Blame donations and double weeks. 

Nice to see Reencarnacion clinging on after all these seasons and changes!

I was pretty surprised to see THE so high up as well given that I believe he's the highest entry from both the Post-Achievement Tracker and Post-Rookie Profile eras (so essentially 28 less pre-draft TPE), although I guess the XMas bonuses helped balance that out somewhat. 

13 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Could not agree more. This is absurd.

• Commissioner
14 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

I’ve been trying for ages but once you hand the masses piles of TPE, as we had to do, it’s not so easy to take it away. Inflation is getting out of hand. @Enorama is likely gonna finish a career above 2000 TPE and we’ve got multiple people coming in per draft class at 350-400+. It’s a bit ridiculous.

I stand firm that the issue isn’t directly the update scale, it’s the amount of TPE that’s readily available. People aren’t maxing our because it’s too easy to apply points, they are maxing our because it’s too easy to get them. I’m only a mid level whore and have 3 stats at 90, 1 at 85, and another 3 at 70 and I’m not done my rookie season yet.

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, Steve said:

Isn't part of the issue with the 250 M cap now? I mean players hit that mark, stop earning to get another M season to earn a boat load. 

I don’t think so because most of the names at the top of that list did it without extra VHLM seasons.

23 minutes ago, Steve said:

Isn't part of the issue with the 250 M cap now? I mean players hit that mark, stop earning to get another M season to earn a boat load. 

That's got nothing to do with it. This list talks about TPE at draft day, not TPE upon leaving the VHLM. All these players would have created the trade deadline a season and change prior to their draft.

Just now, Beketov said:

I don’t think so because most of the names at the top of that list did it without extra VHLM seasons.

I wonder what makes for such a diversity in numbers. Must be other ways to earn TPE. I am just a player with no job and I max each week. I won't get close to some of these numbers. 

Just now, Steve said:

I wonder what makes for such a diversity in numbers. Must be other ways to earn TPE. I am just a player with no job and I max each week. I won't get close to some of these numbers. 

Jobs have nothing to do with the disparity. They all pay capped TPE.

The disparity comes from some combination of luck in fantasy zones, donations, carryover or first gen bonuses, etc.

This is my first player so I can see where some of the TPE comes from. Though I believe there was a change to the carryover and reduced by a large amount. It will be interesting to see how it plays out when I retire/recreate.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Steve said:

Just now, Enorama said:

Jobs have nothing to do with the disparity. They all pay capped TPE.

The disparity comes from some combination of luck in fantasy zones, donations, carryover or first gen bonuses, etc.

This. I have always stood by VHL jobs paying capped TPE because I don’t like the idea that earning a job means you automatically get more than someone else. Everyone can earn the cap in the VHL, it’s just how you go about it. I commish and sim, that covers my 12 (13 actually but I toss the last one) but it doesn’t mean I get any more than someone doing a PT, Press Conference, trivia, and 590. Both are still 12, it’s just different ways to earn.

The disparity is a combination of luck (lotto, fantasy, etc), timing (guys that join at the deadline get a few extra weeks of earning, joining around Christmas or July gives a nice giveaway, etc), former players (carryover isn’t a ton more than first gen stuff but it’s front loaded), monetary investment (donations are helpful), and ability to grab up uncapped opportunities when they arise.

• Commissioner
Just now, Steve said:

This is my first player so I can see where some of the TPE comes from. Though I believe there was a change to the carryover and reduced by a large amount. It will be interesting to see how it plays out when I retire/recreate.

The change to carryover was minor and it actually increased it slightly. Before max carryover was 75 but that counted the starting 30 so max was actually 45. Now the starting 30 doesn’t count and max is 50 so players can start as high as 80.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

I’ve been trying for ages but once you hand the masses piles of TPE, as we had to do, it’s not so easy to take it away. Inflation is getting out of hand. @Enorama is likely gonna finish a career above 2000 TPE and we’ve got multiple people coming in per draft class at 350-400+. It’s a bit ridiculous.

I stand firm that the issue isn’t directly the update scale, it’s the amount of TPE that’s readily available. People aren’t maxing our because it’s too easy to apply points, they are maxing our because it’s too easy to get them. I’m only a mid level whore and have 3 stats at 90, 1 at 85, and another 3 at 70 and I’m not done my rookie season yet.

I mean I agree that at it's core it is an issue with how much TPE is so easy to get nowadays, it has gotten absurd how much you can get so quickly. But I don't think people are going to let that go which is disappointing. The only way to fix the issue without stripping people of their precious TPE is to make an aggressive update scale.