Reallignment (Down to 8 Teams) [1/2]

Kendrick

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

The cities are actually more of a recruiting thing because if outside people see a relevant city in a sim league they get interested. One of the first questions I'm asked is "Is there a a team in _____?"

I'm pretty sure there has been literally one sim league team that has ever been based in Delaware (believe @Tagger was the GM) and not gonna lie, got me hyped. So I get it for recruiting purposes, but outside of that one I've never really cared.

Just now, Tyler said:

If we're going to move teams we should make sure that they all at least go to cities with no nhl team IMO

Yes and no. The thing with NHL cities is that we already have Toronto, Calgary, Las Vegas and Ottawa.

It's hard not to just put them in marketable places when it comes to recruitment in hockey forums. Try going to a hockey forum and recruiting with a Salt Lake City team, it might be more challenging than say Chicago.

Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

I'm pretty sure there has been literally one sim league team that has ever been based in Delaware (believe @Tagger was the GM) and not gonna lie, got me hyped. So I get it for recruiting purposes, but outside of that one I've never really cared.

Yes but I'm not recruiting you guys who are all already Sim League veterans. I'd be about recruiting new members and I can tell you as someone going to forums where guys have never heard of sim leagues, it does matter to them from the responses I've got.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Yes and no. The thing with NHL cities is that we already have Toronto, Calgary, Las Vegas and Ottawa.

It's hard not to just put them in marketable places when it comes to recruitment in hockey forums. Try going to a hockey forum and recruiting with a Salt Lake City team, it might be more challenging than say Chicago.

Again I really cant see this mattering to anyone

It also can go both ways I'd prefer teams in unique but realistic places. Wisconsin, Halifax, Portland, San Francisco etc..

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Again I really cant see this mattering to anyone

It also can go both ways I'd prefer teams in unique but realistic places. Wisconsin, Halifax, Portland, San Francisco etc..

You can't...but it does. I'm telling you first hand thats the responses you get from people not involved with sim leagues.

Those places would be nice, I agree. Doesn't hurt to have some established places though as well.

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

And smh at these guys wanting to move my team. They're taking my team away from me 9Cbddty.png

Given it's place in the hockey rankings and things though, Latvia is not a leading hockey market as sad as it is to admit.

I can confirm the city's matter for recruitment reasons I was about to leave when I first started cuz there was no west coast team to strive for.

I stayed beacuse I wanted to change that lol

31 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It's actually less west coast then where he is from #jokes

This is truth I'm pretty much as far west coast as you can get 

Quebec City Meute --> Kamsas City If You Build It They Will Comes 

Not sure if the name is too long tho and how a make shift baseball diamond would look on a hockey jersey.

Edited by Frank

1 minute ago, Frank said:

Quebec City Meute --> Kamsas City If You Build It They Will Comes 

Not sure if the name is too long tho and how a make shift baseball diamond would look on a hockey jersey.

Kamsas City eh?