Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

5 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

There is no place for role playes here, it´s star or star.

Wrong. Usually at least one second line/pair player has a depth role at most.

10 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

The cold fact is that if you look at the roster in VHL index right now, they do not exactly scream active league. The new users see that,

The first thing the new members will see is a board itself, not index. If he realizes this place isn't active, why he needs to check the index then? Weird idea.

14 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

is anyone letting them know this place is really like this?

That's on VHLM GM's and commishes.

To me, the leaving the league just because we're having two lines is weird to me. Why not take a chance to make this league a 3/4 line by not going inactive? The idea about joining the team to help fill the holes sound more exciting, but hey that's my opinion.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Wrong. Usually at least one second line/pair player has a depth role at most.

The first thing the new members will see is a board itself, not index. If he realizes this place isn't active, why he needs to check the index then? Weird idea.

That's on VHLM GM's and commishes.

To me, the leaving the league just because we're having two lines is weird to me. Why not take a chance to make this league a 3/4 line by not going inactive? The idea about joining the team to help fill the holes sound more exciting, but hey that's my opinion.

Real role players don´t usually play in the 1st or 2nd lines, they are the players on the 3rd and 4th lines who are not expected to score loads of points.

They will see the index soon as well, nobody is putting that much time in creating a player and doing PTs before checking out where he or she is going to actually put the time in, seeing VHL teams, index, checking how active the boards are etc play a part in that.

It is yes, I´m honestly amazed why VHL is not using the 2 line system to promote this place, if that is what most users who area already here want, WHY NOT TRY TO BRING NEW USERS WHO MIGHT LIKE THE SAME TYPE OF LEAGUE IN?

Because this league is never changing to 3rd/4th line setup, if they truly wanted to go that direction, they would have already put at least rough guidelines that lets everybody know what is going to happen instead of hiding behind the lack of users comments. No matter how many users come in, 15, 25 , 35 etc, nothing is going to change. They will expand and keep the 2 line setup and 14 seasons later we can all look back and say: yea - cant believe they went with the expansion route again.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Because this league is never changing to 3rd/4th line setup, if they truly wanted to go that direction, they would have already put at least rough guidelines that lets everybody know what is going to happen instead of hiding behind the lack of users comments. No matter how many users come in, 15, 25 , 35 etc, nothing is going to change. They will expand and keep the 2 line setup and 14 seasons later we can all look back and say: yea - cant believe they went with the expansion route again.

You have absolutely no basis for that statement though. What was done by the blue team in the past has no weighing on what would be done now. At the time members wanted to see new teams brought in so the blues did what they thought was best. We now realize it wasn’t as I have stated. So why are you assuming flat out that we would do the same thing?

34 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You have absolutely no basis for that statement though. What was done by the blue team in the past has no weighing on what would be done now. At the time members wanted to see new teams brought in so the blues did what they thought was best. We now realize it wasn’t as I have stated. So why are you assuming flat out that we would do the same thing?

So many users seem to be against having 3rd and 4th lines, some say it´s a member issue, but still yesterdays poll have the results 13 to 5 for the 2 line league. That is 18 users who voted there, 13 of them much rather be part of a league with 2 lines than be part of a league with real depth in the rosters = If and hopefully when the recruitment is a success, the majority here is going to push for expansion instead of adding 3rd/4th lines.

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Real role players don´t usually play in the 1st or 2nd lines, they are the players on the 3rd and 4th lines who are not expected to score loads of points.

Like every player on second line/pair are scoring loads of points despite playing a lot, aha.

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

It is yes, I´m honestly amazed why VHL is not using the 2 line system to promote this place, if that is what most users who area already here want, WHY NOT TRY TO BRING NEW USERS WHO MIGHT LIKE THE SAME TYPE OF LEAGUE IN?

But why we need to target for only one group of people? That's not how it's gonna work.

So many users seem to be against having 3rd and 4th lines, some say it´s a member issue, but still yesterdays poll have the results 13 to 5 for the 2 line league.

And I'm sure not all 13 members suddenly are going to leave this league if we'll bring more members in to have 3/4 lines. Actually, it's not a big number at all.

If and hopefully when the recruitment is a success, the majority here is going to push for expansion instead of adding 3rd/4th lines.

It would be a possibilty. However, we don't even know how many two line fans we have here. May not be even a half of league, that poll only had 18 votes so far, which is not a large number.

6 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Like every player on second line/pair are scoring loads of points despite playing a lot, aha.

But why we need to target for only one group of people? That's not how it's gonna work.

And I'm sure not all 13 members suddenly are going to leave this league if we'll bring more members in to have 3/4 lines. Actually, it's not a big number at all.

It would be a possibilty. However, we don't even know how many two line fans we have here. May not be even a half of league, that poll only had 18 votes so far, which is not a large number.

But players are more likely to score more points on the 2nd line than on the 3 and 4.

VHL has quite specific setup when comparing to other leagues, why not let people know about it in the recruiting process right away? If majority here in VHL want to have 2 line league, why not go after people who want or could want to see that instead of going after everybody? Everybody could still join, but the recruitment campaign is made more for people who want to see 2 line league.

No, but if there will ever be a option where people can or need to vote between expansion or adding 3rd/4th lines. Majority of people supporting 2 line league is not exactly going towards adding 3rd and 4th line system.

The most vocal people seem to be in favor of the 2 line setup and the vote result supports that even if it´s only 18 users who voted

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

VHL has quite specific setup when comparing to other leagues, why not let people know about it in the recruiting process right away? If majority here in VHL want to have 2 line league, why not go after people who want or could want to see that instead of going after everybody? Everybody could still join, but the recruitment campaign is made more for people who want to see 2 line league.

So you're basically saying we should mentioning this fact as something unique. But guess what, this is the hockey sim league just like other hockey sim leagues out there in the first place. The lines thing is just a minor difference just like PT's, TPE earning e.t.c. things.

10 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Everybody could still join

Exactly. And then he would have a choice, does he wants to play here for having a chance to make it a 3/4 line league or leave because he isn't fond of the current 2 line system.

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

^^^Has yet to clue in that more people wouldn't be game for expansion....but still keep harping that people love the expansion idea.

Tbf I see some people may whine loudly about not having enough teams if we're having a good recruitment campaign and we would have more than 6F/4D/1G per team. Maybe not majority, but still. And it would be on blue team making a decision - either they learned from their mistakes or going for it once again. I imagine they'll hold on and leave it as it is with 8 teams, but who knows.

54 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

So you're basically saying we should mentioning this fact as something unique. But guess what, this is the hockey sim league just like other hockey sim leagues out there in the first place. The lines thing is just a minor difference just like PT's, TPE earning e.t.c. things.

Exactly. And then he would have a choice, does he wants to play here for having a chance to make it a 3/4 line league or leave because he isn't fond of the current 2 line system.

Tbf I see some people may whine loudly about not having enough teams if we're having a good recruitment campaign and we would have more than 6F/4D/1G per team. Maybe not majority, but still. And it would be on blue team making a decision - either they learned from their mistakes or going for it once again. I imagine they'll hold on and leave it as it is with 8 teams, but who knows.

Yes, because VHL is not like every other hockey league, this league has 2 lines and that has been a fact for a lot of seasons. Most have deeper rosters, but less teams still. Prime example: GOMHL

But they don´t get that because nobody lets them know what is going on. No announcement anywhere about league going to 3rd and 4th lines system, all they see is 2 lines at best. What if the user wants to stay and help the league grow to 3rd/4th line system, but nobody is letting him or her know it´s going on?

Edited by jRuutu

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Yes, because VHL is not like every other hockey league, this league has 2 lines and that has been a fact for a lot of seasons. Most have deeper rosters, but less teams still. Prime example: GOMHL

Yes, it is the same ol hockey sim league. We can argue about the methods of running the league, but it is still the same ol hockey sim league. Moreso, it is the same ol sim league which was made cause people likes to have his own virtual player/team. same old shit. 

8 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

But they don´t get that because nobody lets them know what is going on. No announcement anywhere about league going to 3rd and 4th lines system, all they see is 2 lines at best.

So they're going to leave the league without even trying to figure it out why we have 2 lines? And not even asking the question to mentors why we have this? Not believing in this.

31 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Hell of a player and consistently one of the best. Playing on a shaky team against stronger opponents (team wise). If not on the list, he should easily be up for consideration. 

the fuck you are talking about. WE WANT NAMES

Edited by boubabi

9 minutes ago, boubabi said:

If not on the list, he should easily be up for consideration. 

Well then that needs a lot more explanations . Why Cornerstone wouldn't be on the list lmao 

Edited by boubabi

10 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Yes, it is the same ol hockey sim league. We can argue about the methods of running the league, but it is still the same ol hockey sim league. Moreso, it is the same ol sim league which was made cause people likes to have his own virtual player/team. same old shit. 

So they're going to leave the league without even trying to figure it out why we have 2 lines? And not even asking the question to mentors why we have this? Not believing in this.

In a basic level yes, same sim engine and players look more or less the same, but that 2 lines in each team setup is not the same as in most leagues, its a bigger thing you and quite few here want to admit. Some users actually want proper start from the bottom and make your way to the top experience, here you don´t get that because every team has 2 lines at best = makes VHL quite boring at some point.

Would it be terrible idea for the mentors/league leadership to be the ones who let everybody know what is going on? If we don´t know, how you think the new members will know?

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

Some users actually want proper start from the bottom and make your way to the top experience, here you don´t get that because every team has 2 lines at best = makes VHL quite boring at some point.

And some users are finding it boring to spend 2 or more seasons in a bottom 6/third or fourth pairings and playing limited minutes before becoming a star. It will never be a perfect soultion here. But trying to sell VHL to potential newcomers with a '''two line thing as our main difference'' would be a weirdo idea too, especially when majority (I guess) of us would be ok with move on to 3/4 lines.

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

Would it be terrible idea for the mentors/league leadership to be the ones who let everybody know what is going on? If we don´t know, how you think the new members will know?

It wouldn't be a terrible idea, but it doesn't makes sense to mention it before telling more important stuff to a rookie.

47 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

And some users are finding it boring to spend 2 or more seasons in a bottom 6/third or fourth pairings and playing limited minutes before becoming a star. It will never be a perfect soultion here. But trying to sell VHL to potential newcomers with a '''two line thing as our main difference'' would be a weirdo idea too, especially when majority (I guess) of us would be ok with move on to 3/4 lines.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea, but it doesn't makes sense to mention it before telling more important stuff to a rookie.

It´s not exactly better to be in top-6 for all of your VHL career either, right from the start - no matter what happens, but you are right hard to find the right balance - that is why I´m quite confused what this league is trying to do, in your poll majority voted for 2 line league, (13vs5 still) but you and few others in these topics/chats are ok with the 3rd/4th line, so fair to say majority in this league is happy with 2 lines in each team and users who would like 3rd/4th line is the minority?

League is trying to bring new people in, but very little official information has come out what the plan really is. Bringing new people in is a plan I guess - a great one at that, but what next? When are we going to see the 3rd/4th line come to reality? Even a extremely rough guess?  Nobody says anything, how do you, me and other members, new and old who like to see 3rd/4th lines know it´s going to happen? Fact is that this league is a 2 line league now, can the league afford to lose members while we wait to see what is going on and if the 3rd/4th line is happening or not?  Are the users who don´t exactly like 2 line league supposed to just hang it there for 6 months, year, 1,5 years? Once again, at the moment this league is 2 line league that is looking for new members, thats it.  If it goes without saying that more members mean wider rosters, it should go without saying that no communication and waiting means members leaving the place.

Not before, but at the same ´package´, rookies need to know this league is not dead, when they see teams with at most 2 lines in each team, they think this place is dead.

@jRuutu

U should really write a media spot to make a summary of your thoughts and possible idea for the 3/4 lines concept, because I think those multiple posts make it difficult to really get your point.

So my suggestion would be to write a media spot and bring in all together, I think it will be more efficient, and a more healthy debate 

58 minutes ago, boubabi said:

@jRuutu

U should really write a media spot to make a summary of your thoughts and possible idea for the 3/4 lines concept, because I think those multiple posts make it difficult to really get your point.

So my suggestion would be to write a media spot and bring in all together, I think it will be more efficient, and a more healthy debate 

I might just do that in the near future! And yea you are right, 12 pages already :o Might be the best to let time go by and come back to this again - during off-season for example. Get even better idea where VHL is as a league, how many new users has joined, how many have retired/recreated etc.