Claimed: My VHLM Draft predictions [1/2]

Gooningitup

First things first this is just my thoughts people can rise/fall only 1 pick is guarunteed to be correct. I choose only the top 3 rounds.

1st overall Saskatoon Wild select Bryce Zheilds @STZ

This is a no brainer, Zheilds has the highest TPE count. A well loved memeber and my GM. He builds nothing but studs, Zheilds is his next and Saskatoon takes him gladly.

2nd overall Ottawa Lynx select Johannes Vilhjamsson @MWHazard

He comes in with the second best TPE count. Ottawa traded him at the deadline rather than lose him for free when they knew they wouldnt win it all. Familiarity makes this the likely choice.

3rd overall Oslo Storm select Matt Thompson @Beketov

This is where we open up abit, i think Beketov or Street go here. For this purpose i put Beketov here as he too lile STZ has a habit of building star players. Thompson is amoung the top TPE earner and fight for the top picks in the VHL.

4th overall Saskatoon selects Samuel Gate @street

Its either Beketov or street here in my mind depending on how things shake it up. In this purpose street falls abit, and i land a top defensice prospect to play along side Poly next year and round out my top 4.

5th overall Saskatoon selects Oyorra Arroyo @omgitshim

Actually one of the top TPE leaders falling abit here. I feel its familiarity that hurts him more than talent. Saskatoon is happy to snatch him up with this pick to play with Zhields.

6th overall Saskatoon selects Brody Neufield @Broalie34

The first of the first gens off the board. The draft really opens up here, and i feel there are a few standout rookies im hoping to nab. Needing an active goalie i feel this is the choice here.

7th overall Ottawa selects Jakub Vilhjamsson @Týr

Ottawa gets abit of a steal here, but i dont feel like breaking apart the triplets leaving only Oslo as possible to do so. Again familiarity + there first pick makes the call here.

8th overall Oslo Storm Select Patrick Triscut @Sami K

Triscut falls abit, just before i likely snatch him back up. He has been a solid steady TPE earner since he joined. Should slot in nicely to Oslo.

9th overall  Saskatoon selects Podrick Cast @Victor

Ive drafted a RW, LW, D, and a goalie. All that is left is a center. Victor is abit of a wild card being he returned from inactivity. If he stays active this pick is a steal at 9.

10th overall Saskatoon selects Jordan Tonn @MexicanCow

Another stand out rookie for me personally Tonn will get to be mentored by the great STZ taking over the second line spot. 

11th overall Saskatoon selects Ryan Copper @ujju2

Another rookie stand out in my eyes, Copper will center the second line unless Cast fails to find chemistry. 

12th overall Ottawa selects Jonas Vilhamsson. @Shaka

Unless someone plans on breaking up the triplets i can not see how he does not go here. Ottawa will unite the line, and get some steals.

13th overall Oslo Storm select Chat @eaglesfan036

Hes the GM now, he knows how active he plans on being. I think being a GM player he falls abit especially in a very strong draft.

14th overall Saskatoon selects Zippy Zaramo @Zaramon95

Completing the second line is another guy i feel could be a real stud. Playing likely with Copper and Tonn to form a deadly line

15th overall Ottawa Selects Alvero Jokinen @Ahma

Ahma falls rather far here mainly because there is such promise in the young guns. Ottawa is happy to snatch him up the last pick of the 3rd round.

Edited by Gooningitup

Vilhjalmssons are great (yes I'm familiar, and in different circumstances I'd definitely like to have them back) but team needs bring my 2 overall in a different direction. I know who it will be (obviously I'm not relaying that here).

Just now, MexicanCow said:

10th ok not to bad. I just joined like 4 days ago so ya. Not that bad in my opinion.

Keep in mind someone could snatch you up earlier. Or the draft could fall differently and u fall farther. This is more of a fun projection. However i feel of the newer players you are one of the standouts and would have no issue drafting u at 10

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: My VHLM Draft predictions [1/2]