Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 8/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, DarkSpyro said:

Answer any of the 6 Questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. If you had to live together with any other member of the VHL, who would it be?

2. If you had to come up with a new expansion team for either the VHL or the VHLM, what would you name them and where would they be located?

3. Are you a gamer and do you usually play on console or PC?

4. What kind of games do you like to play during your free time? 

5. What music do you enjoy listening to? Do you have any favourite artists or bands?

6. We are sitting pretty in a playoff spot, and we have been playing a really strong game as of late. Who do you want to match up against in the playoffs (if we had the choice)?

7. Should we considering “buying” more talent before the deadline, or are you comfortable with our current roster?

8. Have you built any rivalries with other players this season?

1.John Brewitt 

2.Mongolia

3.Pc, just bought a new gaming rig the other day.

4.valorant or rainbow six siege, have Been enjoying ghost of Tsushima lately tho

5.Rap

6. Minnesota 

7. Always look to improve 

8. John Brewitt 

1. If you had to live together with any other member of the VHL, who would it be?

@BladeMaiden because she is the absolute best!!

2. If you had to come up with a new expansion team for either the VHL or the VHLM, what would you name them and where would they be located?

My pick would probably the Atlanta Governors. It is an expansion team I've always wanted and the city of Atlanta needs a good hockey team after the Thrashers left.

3. Are you a gamer and do you usually play on console or PC?

I am! Mostly console on either Xbox one or PS4 but I also play ootp a lot on my PC.

4. What kind of games do you like to play during your free time? 

Mainly sports games. Madden, MLB the Show, NBA 2K, FIFA and also OOTP.

5. What music do you enjoy listening to? Do you have any favourite artists or bands?

I like literally all kinds of music but one of my favorite bands/artists is definitely Marilyn MansoN

7. Should we considering “buying” more talent before the deadline, or are you comfortable with our current roster?

I don't think so. It's working right now and we don't want to throw things off. This team is good enough to win without changes so let's keep going with what we have!

Answer any 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. We are sitting pretty atop of the standings, do you think we have a chance to go all the way?

2. If we were to play an exhibition game against a VHL major team, which team do you think we could actually beat?

3. If we make it through the playoffs to the finals, we most likely will be facing Houston. Should we approach that team differently or just play our game of hockey?

4. Are there any personal awards that you have your sights set on? (WJC awards count too)

5. If you had to grade your own performance with the team this season from a grade of 1-10, how do you feel you did?

6. If you had to do a commercial but you had the choice of brand, what brand would you want to represent and why?

7. How involved are you with the VHL community?

24 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. We are sitting pretty atop of the standings, do you think we have a chance to go all the way?

2. If we were to play an exhibition game against a VHL major team, which team do you think we could actually beat?

3. If we make it through the playoffs to the finals, we most likely will be facing Houston. Should we approach that team differently or just play our game of hockey?

4. Are there any personal awards that you have your sights set on? (WJC awards count too)

5. If you had to grade your own performance with the team this season from a grade of 1-10, how do you feel you did?

6. If you had to do a commercial but you had the choice of brand, what brand would you want to represent and why?

of course we could.

any of them, lets do it up.

play our game, our game is great.

4. If you had to grade your own performance with the team this season from a grade of 1-10, how do you feel you did?

id say a 5 LOTS of room for improvement but maybe i can do well in playoffs as ive been doing very well recently.

5.How involved are you with the VHL community?

not very involved but, i like talking in the discords lol

nike, because they give out the big bucks lol.

1 hour ago, DarkSpyro said:

For sure. We have proven that we are able to defeat those that may be stronger than us like Houston for example and we can probably go all the way if we work hard enough.

Do expansion teams count? If so than maybe Warsaw. I think we may be able to beat DC though.

I'd like to think that we have some of the best defensive games in this league. Changing it up now when we're doing so good with that game just sounds a bit dumb to me. We're gonna continue to play our hockey and we'll try to take home the cup.

As captain of Team World, I obviously want to take home gold or at least silver. I wanna show that players from all over can win. Other than that, I do want to win best defenseman of the year though there's a lot of tough competition out there.

I'd say I'm a solid 8.5/10. I may be downplaying myself a little though. It's been an amazing year and quite a feat to have 50+ assists on the season but there's still room to improve.

Hmmm. That's a difficult one... I wanna get sponsored by like some gaming company. Sony and PlayStation perhaps? I like playing games and I don't mind being sponsored. Hockey players can be gamers to y'know?

I'd like to say I'm decently involved. I've been talking to other people a lot and generally just hanging out and chilling. Though I do want to be more involved in the forum, and a way I can do that is by getting a job as an AGM to which I've been looking for one for a while.

9 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1.  Of course. I'm feeling confident in all of of us as a team!

2. I think we can beat LA right now.

3. Just play our game like we always do but with more fire in us! We have won games against them and with more determination, we can win the series.

4. Not really but I'm aiming to dominate next season.

5. maybe a 7/6 right now. My performance is fluctuating maybe because of tpe I'm putting into different ratings.

6. Hmm, I have talked to a few GMs here and there and also quite active in the forum. But still looking so be more involved in other ways too!

On 8/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, DarkSpyro said:

1. Well obviously duh
2. Warsaww, lmao

3. Bro, never heard the team. Light work
4. a championship
5.6 out of 10. Had few good and bad  games
7. Not much tbh

Edited by Hooperorama

On 8/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, DarkSpyro said:

1. Yea I think we can but we also have to have a bit of a luck.

2. Warsaw.

3. I think we should just play our game.

4. Win the tournament (WJC)

5. 8,5.

6. McDonald because Im lovin it. xD

I don't think we will finish first but top 3 I think is definitely going to happen!

Warsaw

Just play! We have been solid against them so far this season so we can definitely have a shot!

Not personally. I would rather team success!

I think we are playing amazing and Lexi has been a big piece. I wish she shot more but so far, she has been super efficient!

Lexi has a sponsorship with both Bauer and Calvin Klein currently!

Yeah I think we definitely have a shot. Ottawa was already a good team and now the acquisition of Lin and myself bolster our chances.

2. If we were to play an exhibition game against a VHL major team, which team do you think we could actually beat? 

Malmo, but just because I still feel the rivalry from my time on Moscow.

Just play our game of hockey. Both of our teams are stacked and its going to come down to who the STHS gods favor.

4. Are there any personal awards that you have your sights set on? (WJC awards count too)

I'm putting up pretty good numbers but I'm much too far from a personal award.

5. If you had to grade your own performance with the team this season from a grade of 1-10, how do you feel you did? Well I just got to the team but I'm already contributing so I'd say an 8 maybe?

Not as much as I would like to be. My participation outside of the forum definitely fell off after my first few months.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, DarkSpyro said:

OF course, just gotta trust!

Maybe Chicago?

I joined the team pretty late so hopefully we can make the push to beat them!

I am currently 5th in points and 2nd in goals, hope I can lead the league in goals but still a big gap for the jump.

I am im doing 8, I joined pretty late but If I can help the team make it all the way I would be a 10.

Chipotle, I eat it way too often lol

Answer any 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. Are you excited for the playoffs?

2. Do you think having a “home ice advantage” would make a difference for our team?

3.Who are you expecting to step up and the most for the playoffs?

4. If we reach the finals, who do you think we are most likely to play against?

5. Who have you become close to from our team over the course of this season?

6. Which personal trophies do you think you could win for this season / playoffs?

Yes, Definitely 

2. Do you think having a “home ice advantage” would make a difference for our team?

Yeah I think so, our fans are quite electric

Myself, need to go off during the playoffs

Honestly, not sure close race so far

Not one person in particular, but everyone has been quite nice and friendly 

6. Which personal trophies do you think you could win for this season / playoffs?

All I want is the Founders Cup

2 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. Yes I am.

2. Hopefully yes.

3. Ajay is going to shut the door.

4. I dont know. Anything can happen.

5. The whole team is fantastic.

6. Im not really aiming for any thropies I just want the cup.

6 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. Hell yeah! We got a shot to win it all!

2. I'd like to think we can handle any kinda situation so going to say no!

3. Hopefully Glass but my guess is Lin or Gumballs 

4. If I had to choose right now, Miami or Houston!

5. I'd like to say Lee Xin. I always enjoy talking with him and comparing our stats. I love seeing him do so well on the ice and reading his articles!

6. Hmm individually I don't think I have a shot at anything so all for team right now!

Yes indeed. Fun time of the season.

I don't think home ice matters much in the playoffs.

It's a team effort, I expect everyone will step up.

The winner of the other division?

All my teammates. Tight bunch we have.

I am not into hardware. Just winning games is the reward I am after.

1. How do you feel about your personal performance in the playoffs?

2. How do you feel about the team’s performance in the playoffs?

3. What are your goals during the off-season?

4. What is in store for you next season? (draft, call-up, returning player, etc.)

5. Who do you think stood out the most from the Ottawa Lynx for this past season and playoffs?

6. If you could have changed anything this season, what would it be?

7. Which of your teammates do you hope to play on the same team as again in the VHL?

18 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

4. What is in store for you next season? (draft, call-up, returning player, etc.)

5. Who do you think stood out the most from the Ottawa Lynx for this past season and playoffs?

7. Which of your teammates do you hope to play on the same team as again in the VHL?

I'll be blunt, I think I did absolutely shit. I really wished I can do better but again, I didn't meet the expectations I set for myself.

The team I think did well despite losing. We kept the fight but ultimately, the Marlins were the better team.

Well I wanna win Patrik Laine's offseason tournament. Also I need new material so I'm going to spend the offseason coming up with new plans.

I'm pretty sure that next season, it'll likely be my big call-up to the VHL. Something I've been looking forward to ever since I've been drafted. I'm pretty excited and hopefully I'll do well.

I think Zach Kisslinger did pretty well this postseason but Dayne stood out the most out of the rest.

Well the obvious one is that we win the series and continue on. Other than that, I wish I had one more assist in the regular season.

I'd say Lee Xin. Wish I could see em play with me in LA one day.

1. Personal performance, not good at all. 2A and -5 rating is not good. It's just down right bad. 

2. Focused on earning as much as I can. Be more active on forum and discord and maybe get an AGM job. 

3. The VHL draft

4. I would say under rated, Alec Volchenkov. 

5. My ice time. It gradually dropped and this affected my game. Not happy but it's what the team decided on 

6. Jiggly Gumballs. He's been really nice in the lr. 

Edited by Blazzer

1. How do you feel about your personal performance in the playoffs?

It just was not enough. I expected to play much better and while I was not awful, I needed to step up.

It was disappointing. We were better than what we played like.

Get drafted of course!

Draft and likely coming back down to the VHLM unless the team that drafts me needs me up immediately. I will only be wanting to come up if I can get top 2 line minutes so we shall see!

I have to say young guy Lee Xin and older guy Jiggly Gumballs! Both were amazing for their respective classes!

Winning more in the playoffs and more goals in the regular sEason!

2 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. I think i did surprisingly well in the playoffs

2.i think we played okay, we just came up super short

3.get better and hopefully be a top tier d-man next season

4. Returning player

5. Gum balls forsure

6 our first round elimination or my point production

20 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. Well, I see a bunch of zeros, so not great. I'd told Dok to use me as little as possible though, in favor of our higher-TPE guys, so I can't exactly complain.

2. I'll be honest, I signed here because I thought we could go the distance and I could contribute to that. I guess I was wrong on both counts, but I'm certainly not upset. It was my recreate season; winning a cup would have been kind of cheap for me anyway.

3. I'll be on the TPE grind as usual! I hope I'll have a solid build by the start of next season's sims.

4. I'm headed into the VHLM draft. No idea where I'm going, but that's fine with me. I like surprises.

5. We had a lot of solid talent! As both a player and a member, I think @JigglyGumballs did great.

6. I might have retired Garcia early and created at the start of the season to be in this draft. I can't guarantee that that would be the right move for me, but it was one I was considering and I still wonder whether I should have done that.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:46 AM, DarkSpyro said:

1. How do you feel about your personal performance in the playoffs? I did good, i am a playoff player ig.
2. How do you feel about the team’s performance in the playoffs? We did bad :( , wish we could advance.
3. What are your goals during the off-season? I dont know yet to be honest
4. What is in store for you next season? (draft, call-up, returning player, etc.) I heard rumors about being called for warsaw
5. Who do you think stood out the most from the Ottawa Lynx for this past season and playoffs? We played really well in the regular season
6. If you could have changed anything this season, what would it be? Advancing in playofFs ;(
7. Which of your teammates do you hope to play on the same team as again in the VHL? Not team mate but former team mate plate

Edited by Hooperorama

Answer any 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. With the exit of many of our star players, how do you think we will perform next season?

2. How have you been enjoying the off-season? Did you return home or go on vacation?

3. What are your goals for next season?

4. Would you rather be an elite passer or elite scorer?

5. Are you interested in any other sim leagues?

6. Who do you hope to play along side with next season?

7. How was your season as a member of the Ottawa Lynx?

3 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

Answer any 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. With the exit of many of our star players, how do you think we will perform next season?

2. How have you been enjoying the off-season? Did you return home or go on vacation?

6. Who do you hope to play along side with next season?

1. With the exit of many of our star players, how do you think we will perform next season?

I personally think that the team won't be shit, but I don't think they'll be true contenders. Of course the dispersal draft hasn't happened yet so I can't say for sure, but that's what I expected at least.

2. How have you been enjoying the off-season? Did you return home or go on vacation?

I took some time home but then moved into LA since I have a movie to act out in. Production is going smooth so far.

My goals is to see if I can make an impact in the VHL as a rookie. Even more so I want to prove to LA that I'm the real deal.

I'd say an elite passer. Scoring goals is nice and all but if you can't support your own teammates, then you're on your own.

I've been eyeing the SHL and the EFL. The only reason I'm hesitant on the EFL is because I'm not as knowledgable in football compared to hockey. As for the SHL? Well my loyalties lie to the VHL of course.

6. Who do you hope to play along side with next season?

Taro Tsujimoto has been pretty cool since he came here but Lee Xin is the guy I want to play along side with.

I think it was a great season. It was the one breakout season I needed and all I can say is thanks to the organization for the opportunity.