Ottawa Lynx press conference

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending July 18, 2021

1. Dlamb got the Warsaw GM job! What do you think of this and what do you say to dlamb?

Dlamb will do great in Warsaw, he has been a captain there for his whole career and he will know what to do with that team. I just wish him luck and be strong!

2. What are you doing to keep busy?

I'm watching CSGO Major's and Tennis, there are some pretty fun matches on the TV.

3. What's your favorite NHL team? Who do you think they'll lose to the Kraken?

I don't really have one, but if I have to pick one it is probably either San Jose Sharks or Colombus Blue Jackets. I haven't really looked into which player would they have to lose.

4. Any predictions for either the VHL or VHLM next season? 

I think Warsaw with Dlamb are going to do very well!

5. How did you exactly find out about the VHL?

I joined together with dlamb and few other dudes from EHM league and we were introduced by mr Enorama!

6. What's better: mashed or baked potatoes?

Baked potatoes every single day of the week.

1. Dlamb got the Warsaw GM job! What do you think of this and what do you say to dlamb?

Congrats on the new job and best of luck to him!  Tough act, following up on a Continental Cup!

Planning the mock draft, it's not easy trying to guess the correct order!

Habs!  Either Chiarot, Edmunsen or Jake Allen

Nope.  It's all up in the air!  VHLM; whoever decides to load up at the draft. VHL; Seattle, Chicago, Calgary or Warsaw again

Was looking for a hockey simulation app.  Found the VHL.

Tough one:  depends on what the main dish is.  If its chicken, mashed potatoes.  If its a burger or something like that, baked potato

Week Ending July 18, 2021

I think it's a good fit for everybody and you need somebody who knows the league to takeover a championship team, I say good luck next season but not too much because Seattle needs their revenge 

I'm usually discovering music, playing a game on the phone or getting involved somehow on the forum

I'm a Sens fan and probably not much, we exposed Dadanov and Murray who probably wont go but maybe Daccord gets picked up, depending on who all the available goaltenders are

I'm hoping one or more of our guys wins an award in the VHLM and another finals appearance in the VHL with Seattle

I was part of a smaller sim league before this and when it collapsed diamond_ace sent me an invite, was hesitant at first since it was so different but after sticking to it I'm very happy to be here, the differences are good ones!

Baked potatoes for sure, I just made some the other day instead of double baking it and the cheese just wasn't the same!

Edited by 16z

WEEK ENDING JULY 25, 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE! 

1. Please welcome our new GM @16z! What do you think of the moves made by the Lynx in the draft, and if you're new, what do you want to accomplish in Ottawa? 

2. Congrats to all the players who recently got drafted! What do you think of the team, the city, and the people you met there? If you have not yet been drafted, any preference? North America or Europe? Any specific team?

3. What would you rather, potentially: a captain's vote or picked by management?

4. How far do we go this season? How many points do you hit individually, or for Parise, what do you hope your stats will be? 

5. NHL Expansion Draft is tomorrow! Any guesses as to who gets drafted by Seattle? Do they take Carey Price? 

6. Best song of all time?

7. For the newer players, what's your favorite NHL team? Favorite player? Or, if you don't watch the league, any other leagues/sports that interest you? 

@bRaidsz@GirouxFan@stello2005@Birdman@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@Eagle Eye @benaky@Edustava@Joker_TM

3 minutes ago, JB123 said:

1. Please welcome our new GM @16z! What do you think of the moves made by the Lynx in the draft, and if you're new, what do you want to accomplish in Ottawa?

I think the moves made worked for Ottawa and we need that moving forward as last season wasn’t what we wanted and we need to add as much talent as possible to build on in future. I know I won’t be here most likely but I think Ottawa has a great future in the VHLM.

2. Congrats to all the players who recently got drafted! What do you think of the team, the city, and the people you met there? If you have not yet been drafted, any preference? North America or Europe? Any specific team? I wasn’t recently drafted but I’m still a prospect for Vancouver but I think I will have fit for if or when I got to the VHL.

3. What would you rather, potentially: a captain's vote or picked by management? A captain’s vote.

4. How far do we go this season? How many points do you hit individually, or for Parise, what do you hope your stats will be? I think we can be a playoff team if the cards play that way. I don’t have a good estimate for points but I think I will have maybe 40 points.

5. NHL Expansion Draft is tomorrow! Any guesses as to who gets drafted by Seattle? Do they take Carey Price? They don’t take Carey, Ron Francis would be a goof to take that cap hit for a new team. I think I have a good idea for selections but you never know in the nhl.

6. Best song of all time? Bohemian Rhapsody.

7. For the newer players, what's your favorite NHL team? Favorite player? Or, if you don't watch the league, any other leagues/sports that interest you? 

@bRaidsz@GirouxFan@stello2005@Birdman@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@Eagle Eye @benaky@Edustava@Joker_TM

5 minutes ago, JB123 said:

2. Congrats to all the players who recently got drafted! What do you think of the team, the city, and the people you met there? If you have not yet been drafted, any preference? North America or Europe? Any specific team?

3. What would you rather, potentially: a captain's vote or picked by management?

4. How far do we go this season? How many points do you hit individually, or for Parise, what do you hope your stats will be? 

5. NHL Expansion Draft is tomorrow! Any guesses as to who gets drafted by Seattle? Do they take Carey Price? 

1. Please welcome our new GM @16z! What do you think of the moves made by the Lynx in the draft, and if you're new, what do you want to accomplish in Ottawa?:

I think the moves made during the draft were great and I want to bring a championship home to Ottawa.

2. Congrats to all the players who recently got drafted! What do you think of the team, the city, and the people you met there? If you have not yet been drafted, any preference? North America or Europe? Any specific team?:

It was super cool im excited that Calgary drafted me. 

3. What would you rather, potentially: a captain's vote or picked by management?:

Picked By management for sure they have seen who can lead this team.

4. How far do we go this season? How many points do you hit individually, or for Parise, what do you hope your stats will be?:

I hope my stats are solid id like a high .8 to .9 save percentage and a few shutouts.

5. NHL Expansion Draft is tomorrow! Any guesses as to who gets drafted by Seattle? Do they take Carey Price?:

I think youll see seattle go with a younger goalie behind a more veteran front end.

6. Best song of all time?:

the never ending song.

7. For the newer players, what's your favorite NHL team? Favorite player? Or, if you don't watch the league, any other leagues/sports that interest you:

Toronto maple leafs im sorry everyone haha.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:22 PM, JB123 said:

1. Well they got me as a steal so that is pretty good. I just hope to bring big time stats here.

2. Armani is familiar with Canada sohw is definitely feeling right at home. He did want to be drafted by a Canadian team.

3. Definitely a vote so everyone is on the same page.

5. I am answering this the day after the draft so I already know. They did not grab Carey Price.

6. I have many favorites but a highlight is Where is My Mind by the Pixes

7. I don't follow hockey that closely but I love football

Week Ending August 1, 2021 

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2. 

1. Currently, we are 3-4-1 and in 5th place in the East. What do we need to improve on? 
2. How do you like the way you’re performing as a player? 
3. NHL free agency opens tomorrow. Any predictions or hopes for a team or player? 
4. What’s your favorite meal of the day? 
5. Have you watched the Olympics? Any sport or team that you’re interested in? 
6. Favorite sauce/condiment? 

@bRaidsz@GirouxFan@stello2005@Birdman@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@benaky@Edustava@I'll change this later@Joker_TM@gh0st15

4 minutes ago, JB123 said:

1. Currently, we are 3-4-1 and in 5th place in the East. What do we need to improve on? 
We have been hanging out our tendie way too much recently. We need to play from the back forward and have lock down defense. 
Generally I’ve been playing well offensively but I’ve been trying to contribute more defensively to the team and help that +/-.
3. NHL free agency opens tomorrow. Any predictions or hopes for a team or player? 
Kraken gonna be big buyers. Hopefully theres not another Matt duchene deal. 
Breakfast for sure. 
Well I shoot competitively so I’ve been religiously sticking to the shooting sports which is certainly one of the less popular ones. 
Ranch. On. Everything. 

@bRaidsz@GirouxFan@stello2005@Birdman@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@benaky@Edustava@I'll change this later@Joker_TM@gh0st15

9 minutes ago, JB123 said:

1.Not 100% sure but maybe defending could be improved on.

2. So far Armani is performing beyond my expectations 

3. I do not watch the NHL enough to give a valid opinion

4. Usually some kind of chicken 

5. I have not watched the Olympics but go USA!

6. I usually love BBQ sauce. Other then that I am not a big condiments guy

5 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. I think we just need to experiment with lines. And do everything possible for TPE.

2. So far, I have 70 TPE, I have 2 assists for 2 points in 8 games. I think I'm doing pretty good.

3. I have no specific wishes for anything in the NHL. But I'm interested to see what happens.

4. Ham and Macaroni :).

5. I'm Canadian, so all Canadian teams. But specifically Baseball teams.

6. ¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

On 7/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, JB123 said:

1. We need a star talent, someone with 200+ TPE.

2. I think I am doing very well.

3. Now that most of the signings happened I think it was very interesting.

4. McDonalds.

5. Nope, I want AMERICA to win.

6. Ketchup

On 7/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, JB123 said:

1. Well we're off to a tough start, but I know that we have a lot to improve on on both sides of the puck (scoring and defense)

2. Xue piao bing bong is a legend hes gonna be a goat.

3. I hope we bring in some goated talent and some young prodigys to help right the ship.

4. My favorite meal of the day is chung pao piao

5. Yes, I have watched team china obliterate the competition. CHINA NUMBER WAN!!!!

6. Sussy Sauce

Week Ending August 8, 2021 

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

1. What do we need to do to get back on track? We have lost five in a row, but are still in this at 7th place in the league. 

2. Are you interested in playing in the VHLE in the future? 

3. Any NHL free agent signings or trades that surprised you or you agree/disagree with? If you don’t watch hockey closely, what do you like most about this time of year? 

4. What player build are you striving for? 
5. Would you rather a TV series or a movie? 

6. Salt water or fresh water? 

@bRaidsz@Birdman@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@Domino Draws@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Lilmar@Edustava@I'll change this later @Joker_TM@gh0st15

#GOLYNXGO

Edited by JB123

6 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

1. What do we need to do to get back on track? We have lost five in a row, but are still in this at 7th place in the league. 

3. Any NHL free agent signings or trades that surprised you or you agree/disagree with? If you don’t watch hockey closely, what do you like most about this time of year? 

@bRaidsz@Birdman@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@Domino Draws@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Lilmar@Edustava@I'll change this later @Joker_TM@gh0st15

#GOLYNXGO

1. I think our defense should improve as it seems to have been our biggest issue.

2. Maybe but I am not 100% sure.

3. Don't watch NHL much bit I love being in the pool and BBQ

4. Just the best center I can be. 

5. I'd rather watch a movie usually 

6. I guess fresh water..?

3 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

#GOLYNXGO

1. Better defense, probably

2. No, not much

3. no, i didnt have any suprising moments

4. Idk, i joined like a week or less ago

5. TV series

Fresh water, i can drink it without dying in the process

5 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

Defense. We are hanging our goalie out to dry and it’s showing bad. Any offense we do manage to generate is instantly blanketed by our opponents.  

If it makes sense for my path and how my career is progressing then I would love to play there. 

The NHL dunking on the kraken was interesting. I wonder how they’ll restructure the contract to make it fit. 

ideally more of a playmaker but I found myself put into more of an offensive role in this lineup which is something I’m fine with.  
TV series for sure. 

Fresh water can’t be beat. Better swimming and better fishing. 
#GOLYNXGO

6 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

#GOLYNXGO

1.  We could definitely use some better defense. 

2. I think I'm going to have to next season. It seems enjoyable so I'm pretty excited for it.

3. Very sad that Tarasenko might get traded but the Blues also signed Saad so pretty happy for that.

4. I'm trying to be an offensive defenseman.

5.I'd rather see TV series. Movies just feel boring to watch I don't know what it is. 

6. Hard to say. Salt water is nice but also feels so much different from fresh water. Fresh water is a lot colder and is nice for cooling off so probably fresh water. 

10 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

#GOLYNXGO

1. Always believe in yourselves, keep updating and keep a good state of mind and you will win brothers.

2.I will never play for that bum ass league.

3. The entire Fleury situation is pretty weird, nobody really knew what would happen but looks like he's gonna play.

4. 40 Fight guy and league PIM leader.

5. If its a good tv series then series, although usually i'm a movie guy.

6. Fresh water is the greatest thing on earth.

16 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

#GOLYNXGO

1. We need to work on both sides of the (Ball) better. We gotta be able to build this team from the ground up and it starts with fundamentally fixing our Big O and Big D

2. Yes

3. Jeff Finger to Toronto Maple Leafs he seems like a promising prospect.

4. Im striving for a 1000 overall best player in VHL history

5. 10 Part Documentary about how the boy from Beijing became the GOAT

6. Salt water, its extremely tasty and i typically have a bottle daily. Makes me feel sick, but Xue piao is too strong for such bingalings.

17 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer 6 for 2 TPE

#GOLYNXGO

1. We need to get pucks in deep.
  2. No, only if they add the Istanbul team.
  3. I thought the P.K. Subban signing was interesting, hopefully he can bounce back in NJ.
  4. No, I mean like
  5. I think both.
  6. @AW13Bath water
Edited by Lilmar

Week Ending August 15, 2021 

Note: You only have to choose 6 to answer for 2 TPE, but you can answer all 7 if you want.

1. We recently dealt John Baard and New Player, as well as a 4th, to San Diego for a 1st and 2 2nds. What are your thoughts on this trade? 
2. What’s the best logo in the VHLM, in your opinion? 
3. What notable city should have a team, in any of the three leagues? 
4. If the NHL does go to Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics, who do you expect to be selected from your favorite team? Or any players you want to be picked in the league overall? 
5. Where do you want to be come the end of the season? 
6. Would you rather win games 10-9 or 1-0? 
7. Which NHL team will surprise everyone this season? 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@Domino Draws@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Lilmar@Edustava@Joker_TM@gh0st15

20 minutes ago, JB123 said:

Note: You only have to choose 6 to answer for 2 TPE, but you can answer all 7 if you want.

1. We recently dealt John Baard and New Player, as well as a 4th, to San Diego for a 1st and 2 2nds. What are your thoughts on this trade? 
4. If the NHL does go to Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics, who do you expect to be selected from your favorite team? Or any players you want to be picked in the league overall? 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@WildfireMicro@Domino Draws@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Lilmar@Edustava@Joker_TM@gh0st15

1. Getting some picks is always nice, even if saying goodbye is hard

2. To be honest Philly has a great one.

3. The city of Louisville Kentucky that is pretty close to me

5. I guess in a position to succeed?

6. I just want to win games and rhe score does not matter. I guess 10-9?

7. Maybe Columbus just because they are somewhat close to here?

5 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. Im sad to see them go, but if management thinks its for the good of the team I stand behind them

2. Huston Bulls 100%

3. Victoria BC should get a team in the VHLM

4. Carey Price should go to the starting goalie spot for team Canada

5. I want us to be champions boys let get it!

6. 1-0 gotta get those shutouts

7. Seattle forsure

226292603_OTTPresser.thumb.jpg.063b544c517d425446fb161441d5c9ab.jpg

Week Ending August 22, 2021 

Answer for 2 capped TPE. 

1. What do you think of the theme week topic for this season (awards)? 

2. Are you satisfied with your player's performance as of late?
3. What's the best place to play in the 'M when we're away? 

4. Would you rather play for one team your whole career, or bounce around the league? 

5. What's your favorite sport to play? How about to watch? I know for me I like to play certain ones but cannot watch them on TV for a second.

6. What is your favorite month or season of the year?

7. (Optional) Do you see Jack Eichel getting traded relatively soon? If so, to which team, and what type of return does Buffalo ultimately get? 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@Austin18@Domino Draws@Habs fan@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Jaxon Seltenrich @Mattylive3k@Lilmar@Joker_TM@gh0st15

#GOLYNXGO

Edited by JB123