Ottawa Lynx press conference

6 hours ago, JB123 said:

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending June 13, 2021 

As always, answer 3 for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE. 

1. Theme week is upon us, and this season's theme is the VHLE. What do you plan on doing, either an article or graphic, etc.? This is a great opportunity to get 6 capped TPE as well as 6 uncapped for 1 point task!

2. We have lost our playoff spot to Mexico City -- for now. Do you think we could make an unexpected run this year if we secure a spot down the stretch? 

3. This week is also trade deadline week. Any suggestions (general) on what you might like to see happen? Any needs, etc.? 

4. For undrafted players, what is your dream team to go to in the VHL? For drafted players, how much are you looking forward to playing in the VHL, with the franchise that drafted you?

5. What's the ideal build of your player? In other words, where do you hope you'll get to eventually, either attribute-wise, or the type of player you want to be overall?

6. What is your favorite movie of all time, or your favorite movie genre? 

#FEEDTHELYNX

@bRaidsz@Charlie @stello2005@Shane Laz@ajwllmsn @qripll@Emase@osens @benaky@Edustava@PistolP@Xalen11@BostonBruinsFan1806 @Donno100

1. I made a graphic that features two concept logos.
  2. I think we have a very good team and we can defiantly be a dark horse in the playoffs.
  3. I don't see our team making many moves as we already sold off two of our players.
  4. I would like to go to the New York Americans in the VHL.
  5. I want to shape myself into a two-way defenseman. More so a defensive defenseman with a great shot.
  6. My favorite movie genre is action movies.

1. Theme week is upon us, and this season's theme is the VHLE. What do you plan on doing, either an article or graphic, etc.? This is a great opportunity to get 6 capped TPE as well as 6 uncapped for 1 point task!

I plan to do an article. Was thinking of making one from my player’s POV most likely. 

2. We have lost our playoff spot to Mexico City -- for now. Do you think we could make an unexpected run this year if we secure a spot down the stretch? 

I think we can make it, everyone’s grinding the tpe and getting better every week.

3. This week is also trade deadline week. Any suggestions (general) on what you might like to see happen? Any needs, etc.? 

I’d say we’re good where we are, maybe getting first round picks for players could be good but I’m not sure.

4. For undrafted players, what is your dream team to go to in the VHL? For drafted players, how much are you looking forward to playing in the VHL, with the franchise that drafted you?

I don’t have a dream team, I’ll be happy with any team that drafts me.

5. What's the ideal build of your player? In other words, where do you hope you'll get to eventually, either attribute-wise, or the type of player you want to be overall?

Maxed defence and scoring is the dream.

Night at the Roxbury, I’ve seen it so many times

Week Ending June 13, 2021 

As always, answer 3 for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE. 

1. Theme week is upon us, and this season's theme is the VHLE. What do you plan on doing, either an article or graphic, etc.? This is a great opportunity to get 6 capped TPE as well as 6 uncapped for 1 point task!

I plan on writing an article, not sure about what right now, but I am confident that something will come to my mind.

Anything is possible, just like in my first Miami year, we almost beat 1st place when we were in 8th. We took them to 7 games.

I feel like we shouldn't try to make big trades, because we are growing and the big season will be the next one when all of our players will be in peak form.

I don't really have one. I just want to go to a team that is fun and friendly. 

I want to be a strong center, who could make himself be a big wall in front of goalies, so they don't see anything and sometimes redirect the shots.

My favorite movie or at least one of them is Interstellar, I just like anything about space.

sadly no

yes I think we can

a better goalie

I'm not really looking foward to it and new york drafted me

just one that stops the pucks

I don't really like movies

WEEK ENDING JUNE 20, 2021 

1. Has this season gone as you would've hoped for your player?

2. For Season 79 draftees, have you received any interviews yet from VHL teams? For drafted players, what do you hope to accomplish in the VHL with your team, and when do you think you'll go up? 

3. What's been the best part of the VHL (game overall) for you so far? 

4. Who do you want to win the Stanley Cup of the remaining teams (Golden Knights, Canadiens, Islanders, Lightning)? 

5. What do you enjoy doing now that summer is almost officially here? 

6. Favorite music band? 

@bRaidsz@Charlie@stello2005@Shane Laz@ajwllmsn@qripll@Emase@osens@benaky@Edustava@PistolP@Xalen11@BostonBruinsFan1806@Donno100

2 minutes ago, JB123 said:

2. For Season 79 draftees, have you received any interviews yet from VHL teams? For drafted players, what do you hope to accomplish in the VHL with your team, and when do you think you'll go up? 

4. Who do you want to win the Stanley Cup of the remaining teams (Golden Knights, Canadiens, Islanders, Lightning)? 

6. Favorite music band? 

@bRaidsz@Charlie@stello2005@Shane Laz@ajwllmsn@qripll@Emase@osens@benaky@Edustava@PistolP@Xalen11@BostonBruinsFan1806@Donno100

1.Yeah the regular season is going well for Trunov but I am disappointed that we are missing playoffs. 

2. As I know Warsaw is going to retool next season a bit so it's a chance to get more ice time, develop the player and lead the team 

3. 11 points in 3 games with a 4 goals in one game. That was experience of a lifetime. 

4. I wanna see Isles vs Knights in the finals

5. I enjoy having a good time with my friends 

6. There is no any. I just like listening to different singers. 

#FeedTheLynx

This season has been pretty decent for my player. I didn’t have high expectations coming into the season so I think it’s alright.

2. For Season 79 draftees, have you received any interviews yet from VHL teams? For drafted players, what do you hope to accomplish in the VHL with your team, and when do you think you'll go up?

I have received one interview so far, pretty cool and exciting stuff.

Looking at the stats after a sim and seeing points beside your player’s name is amazing.

Being Canadian it would be nice to see the Habs win.

Working, I’m at school all year and summer time is when I get to work. Love my job.

6. Favorite music band? 

No favourite band, but Morgan Wallen is one of my favourite artists.

The stats aren't where I would like them to be but they aren't too bad.

I just want to win a cup with London and I honestly have no idea when I'll go up.

The small amount of time I was over a point per game during a season.

I want Montreal to win and end Canada's draught.

Right now I'm just working.

6. Favorite music band? 

Maybe The Washboard Union but I mainly listen to solo artists.

More or less. I would want to be more active in locker room, but life is busy but I am trying my best, but player wise it's coming along really well.

I have gotten 1 interview, so I am not the hottest fish in the market, I guess.

Just interacting with other fun people that are in the league, learning more about these people.

I guess Canadiens, love their story and Knights are poopy.

I love swimming, because I am all about that water life, love being underwater, that great feeling. 

6. Favorite music band? 

Don't really have one, but if I would have to name one it would probably be The Avalanches, their music is pretty chill.

WEEK ENDING JUNE 27, 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE.

1. We have officially been eliminated from playoff contention. What, in your mind, went wrong?
2. What is something you enjoyed about Ottawa? 

3. For players likely staying (already drafted in VHLM, under 250 TPE), what do you look forward to most next season, and what do you hope to accomplish with the Lynx? For players likely leaving (waiver signings, or leaving the M), what do you hope to do with another team, either in the VHLM or VHL?

4. Which goalie should win the Vezina Trophy? Andrei Vasilevskiy, Marc-Andre Fleury, or Philipp Grubauer? 

5. For undrafted players, do you want to play in the North American Conference or European Conference of the VHL? For drafted players, would you rather spend your whole career with one team, or move about the league? 

6. Favorite car?

7. Who was our MVP this season, in your opinion? 

Great group of people, even though we didn't make the playoffs you should all still be proud of what we achieved in Ottawa this season. 

@bRaidsz@stello2005@Charlie@Lazarus@ajwllmsn@qripll@MattyIce@osens@Marz@benaky@Edustava@Ekky@PistolP@Xalen11@BostonBruinsFan1806@Donno100

3 minutes ago, JB123 said:

1. We have officially been eliminated from playoff contention. What, in your mind, went wrong?

3. For players likely staying (already drafted in VHLM, under 250 TPE), what do you look forward to most next season, and what do you hope to accomplish with the Lynx? For players likely leaving (waiver signings, or leaving the M), what do you hope to do with another team, either in the VHLM or VHL?

4. Which goalie should win the Vezina Trophy? Andrei Vasilevskiy, Marc-Andre Fleury, or Philipp Grubauer? 

5. For undrafted players, do you want to play in the North American Conference or European Conference of the VHL? For drafted players, would you rather spend your whole career with one team, or move about the league? 

6. Favorite car?

Great group of people, even though we didn't make the playoffs you should all still be proud of what we achieved in Ottawa this season. 

@bRaidsz@stello2005@Charlie@Lazarus@ajwllmsn@qripll@MattyIce@osens@Marz@benaky@Edustava@Ekky@PistolP@Xalen11@BostonBruinsFan1806@Donno100

I think we were just a young rebuild team. Everyone did their part but we didn’t have a full solid team.

It was my first team and first season and I just had a blast, loved everything about it had so much fun.

I hope to move on to the VHL and get drafted. I had fun in the VHLM but I’m ready for bigger things now.

The flower, wasn’t even supposed to be Vegas’ number one goalie at the beginning of the season.

It doesn’t really matter to me what conference I play in I just want to win. I wouldn’t mind spending my whole career with a team, I like being loyal to one.

6. Favorite car?

My 2015 Honda CRV

Easily our captain Trunov, guy was a leader on and off the ice.

Edited by ajwllmsn

1 hour ago, JB123 said:

6. Favorite car?

1.Ottawa is young rebuilding team so obviously it was great season we have been being competitive for the entire season till the end. I'm sure the next one will be better. 

2. Atmosphere in the locker room is on top level. Management stuff helps everyone everywhere. 

3. Well, I hope warsaw will continue being contender and I will be helpful part of that great dynasty. 

4. Flower is worth it. 

5. I'm actually pretty happy to stay at one place despite regular performance. I want to be a one-club player. 

6. KIA really appeals to me. 

7. The whole team. I am proud to be a part of such an adorable team. Thanks for amazing time. 

Edited by qripll

We had a lot of young players, mainly waiver pick ups, this team is in the right path though.

Great locker room, I enjoyed checking in after games to see what was going on with the guys.

I defiantly want to win a cup in whatever league I'm in.

Fleury, he needs one before he retires. 

I'd like to stay with one team if I can.

6. Favorite car?

1995 Chrysler LHS

I can't pick one, everyone did their part all season but I thought all our young guys did amazing and I see big things coming for them.

I feel like we are really young team and we just didn't have enough star power to out-perform the rest of the teams, but we will come back even stronger.

I enjoyed my teammates, they were always supportive and they weren't giving up. We were hoping for the best right until last day of the season and that tells a lot about team spirit. 

3. For players likely staying (already drafted in VHLM, under 250 TPE), what do you look forward to most next season, and what do you hope to accomplish with the Lynx? For players likely leaving (waiver signings, or leaving the M), what do you hope to do with another team, either in the VHLM or VHL? I will be eligable for VHLM and VHL draft, so that will be fun, but I hope to win this VHLM cup and I want to just help out my team, whatever team that picks me.

I don't really follow, but probably Vasilevski, because he is pretty goddamn good.

I would prefer playing in European Conference, because I spent almost all of my previous VHL career in NA Conference.

6. Favorite car?

Don't really have one, but I would choose something comfy over something beautiful.

7. Who was our MVP this season, in your opinion? Probably our captain Bogdan, he did good as a captain and this team will miss him next season.

WEEK ENDING JULY 4, 2021 

3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE (not all 7 required) 

1. How is the offseason going for you? What have you been doing? 
2. What position would your next player be (if you were to make one)? 
3. What is your go-to breakfast on game days? 
4. VHL player you model your game after? 
5. Canadiens or Lightning? Who do you think will win? 
6. What is a hobby of yours? 
7. Anything fun you’ve done recently? 

@bRaidsz@stello2005@Lazarus@ajwllmsn@qripll@MattyIce@osens@Marz@benaky@Edustava@Ekky@PistolP@Xalen11@Donno100

2 hours ago, JB123 said:

WEEK ENDING JULY 4, 2021 

@bRaidsz@stello2005@Lazarus@ajwllmsn@qripll@MattyIce@osens@Marz@benaky@Edustava@Ekky@PistolP@Xalen11@Donno100

1. It’s been alright, just following along with the playoffs and improving my player still.

2. Probably center or right wing again.

3. Eggs, gotta scarf down the protein.

4. I hope to be Scotty Campbell one day but that’s physically impossible.

5. Want habs to win, lightning will probably win.

6. This forum, the VHL.

7. Started work and making money again.

4 hours ago, JB123 said:

WEEK ENDING JULY 4, 2021 

1. It's been good, I've just been watching the VHL playoffs and trying to improve myself.

2.  I'm still deciding between Defense or Goalie.

3. French toast and bacon is always good.

4. Andrew Su, I've always liked his game. 

5. I think the Lightning will take it :(

6. I collect NHL jerseys if that counts.

7. I'm moving, so between that and work, it's been tough to go out and have fun. 

On 6/29/2021 at 6:53 AM, JB123 said:

WEEK ENDING JULY 4, 2021 

1. How is the offseason going for you?

What have you been doing? 

Not much just thinking of how next season will go with the new league being added and how much I can improve.

Probably a defenseman as I haven’t done one yet.

Eggs for sure

I don’t think I really modeled my game after anyone I just try to be unique.

I want to say Canadiens but the lightning have been on a tear so I can really bet against them

Bowling

Not really, the weather has really not allowed for me to do much.

WEEK ENDING JULY 4, 2021 

1. How is the offseason going for you? What have you been doing?  Offseason has been pretty long and boring, just can't wait for the draft and new season. I have just been chilling and watching a lot of tennis.

I just made a new one, but probably a defenseman, because I have had 2 forwards already. 

I don't eat breakfast so probably nothing.

Not really any VHL player, I just want to be strong and talanted big C player. 

Well, it's 3-0 up Lightning, so I am going to say that Lightning is going to win this.

I like to play a lot of sports games, voleyball probably favorite one.

I have watched A LOT OF tennis, so that is fun for me :D.

Week Ending July 11, 2021

3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE

*You don’t have to answer all 8 

1. Who do you want to win the Continental Cup: Seattle Bears or Warsaw Predators (there is only one correct answer)? Except for MattyIce I guess.
2. What about the Founder’s Cup (again, only one correct answer)? Yukon or Minnesota? 
3. What’s your go-to celebration after scoring? 
4. What cuisine is your favorite? 
5. Can Tampa win it in front of their home crowd? Or does Montreal make this series 3-2? 
6. What has your player been doing to prepare for next season, whether that’s back here in the ‘M or in the VHL? 
7. If you had to choose, would you rather win a Continental Cup early or late in your career? 
8. What’s one part of your game you need to work on? 

1 hour ago, JB123 said:

3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE

1. Who do you want to win the Continental Cup: Seattle Bears or Warsaw Predators (there is only one correct answer)? Except for MattyIce I guess.
2. What about the Founder’s Cup (again, only one correct answer)? Yukon or Minnesota? 
5. Can Tampa win it in front of their home crowd? Or does Montreal make this series 3-2? 
6. What has your player been doing to prepare for next season, whether that’s back here in the ‘M or in the VHL? 
7. If you had to choose, would you rather win a Continental Cup early or late in your career? 

1. WARSAW! 

2. It would be cool to see Minnesota come back but I think Yukon’s got it.

3. Get down on a knee and drag the glove on the ice (swipe celebration on nhl 21).

4. I’m a big sushi lover, only get it here and there but when I do I load up on the rolls.

5. Tampa will win in 5, sad to say but they will.

6. Just consistently training every week, maxing out capped TPE and doing as much uncapped as possible.

7. Late, would rather work for it than have it given right away if that makes any sense.

8. Scoring and defence… they’re good but I want them higher. 

7 hours ago, JB123 said:

3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE

1. I have to go with MattyIce and Seattle... Sorry dlamb.

2. Definitely Yukon.

3. NHL 94 celebration.

4. Perogies 

5. Montreal will take it in OT again.

6. Trying to improve the TPE production so I can hopefully make the jump to the VHL next season.

7. Late, I want to go out with a bang.

8. Defense needs to go up.  

Week Ending July 18, 2021

1. Dlamb got the Warsaw GM job! What do you think of this and what do you say to dlamb?

2. What are you doing to keep busy?

3. What's your favorite NHL team? Who do you think they'll lose to the Kraken?

4. Any predictions for either the VHL or VHLM next season? 

5. How did you exactly find out about the VHL?

6. What's better: mashed or baked potatoes?

@benaky @Edustava@bRaidsz

1. How is your off-season going? Are you/your player excited for S79? 

It’s been a good off-season, now that playoffs are done I’m really excited for the drafts upcoming and the next season to start.

2. What are your thoughts on Tampa Bay beating Montreal in 5 games and winning back-to-back Stanley Cups?

It would have been nice to see the Habs win for Canada but I’m not surprised that Tampa ran through them.

3. With the VHL and VHLM drafts coming up where do you think you’ll end up if you are undrafted? If you have been drafted already do you plan to move up to the VHL or stay with the Lynx?

I hope to go top 10 in the VHL draft, have had a lot of interviews already with many teams. For VHLM I’m not sure where I will go, depends on if I stay down to bank or move up.

4. How is your player’s build? Are you happy with your player or do you still need upgrading to do?

I’m happy with it! I think my player is coming along nicely, just have to keep working on TPE tasks.

5. The hype for the VHLE is strong right now, do you plan to play in the VHLE or jump ahead to the VHL?

I won’t be able to make the VHLE so I plan to jump ahead to VHL.

6. What VHLE team interests you the most?: Berlin Steel, Bratislava Watchmen, Cologne Express, Paris Revolution, Stockholm Vikings, Vasteras Iron Eagles.

I think the Paris Revolution is a great team name. Zetterberg has a sweet logo for it already too.