Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 8/16/2021 at 7:02 PM, JB123 said:

226292603_OTTPresser.thumb.jpg.063b544c517d425446fb161441d5c9ab.jpg

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending August 22, 2021 

Answer for 2 capped TPE. 

1. What do you think of the theme week topic for this season (awards)? 

2. Are you satisfied with your player's performance as of late?
3. What's the best place to play in the 'M when we're away? 

4. Would you rather play for one team your whole career, or bounce around the league? 

5. What's your favorite sport to play? How about to watch? I know for me I like to play certain ones but cannot watch them on TV for a second.

6. What is your favorite month or season of the year?

7. (Optional) Do you see Jack Eichel getting traded relatively soon? If so, to which team, and what type of return does Buffalo ultimately get? 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@Austin18@Domino Draws@Habs fan@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Jaxon Seltenrich @Mattylive3k@Lilmar@Joker_TM@gh0st15

#GOLYNXGO

1. I hate it because I was robbed for every award #rigged #smh
  2. Yes
  3. I have no clue what this question is asking but I agree
  4. Whatever team @AW13is on
  5. The only sport I play is chess/csgo but I like to watch hockey
  6. My favorite season is october because I like the orange leaves and halloween
  7. I think he goes to the flames for tkachuck
Edited by Lilmar

Week Ending August 22, 2021 

Answer for 2 capped TPE. 

1. What do you think of the theme week topic for this season (awards)? 

2. Are you satisfied with your player's performance as of late?
3. What's the best place to play in the 'M when we're away? 

4. Would you rather play for one team your whole career, or bounce around the league? 

5. What's your favorite sport to play? How about to watch? I know for me I like to play certain ones but cannot watch them on TV for a second.

6. What is your favorite month or season of the year?

7. (Optional) Do you see Jack Eichel getting traded relatively soon? If so, to which team, and what type of return does Buffalo ultimately get? 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@Austin18@Domino Draws@Habs fan@BigHunky@SteveBrooks@Jaxon Seltenrich @Mattylive3k@Lilmar@Joker_TM@gh0st15

#GOLYNXGO

1. I think its cringe and not based or redpilled typical liberal topic if you ask me

2. XUE PIAO BING BONG is the greatest person to ever grace the earth he is god's god dont ever disrespect his performance

3. My humble village in cheng fue xing cao, China has many ice we can play there

4. LEGOAT BING BONG is the team, where i go, my disciples of hockey follow. 

5. When i was a young boy i specialized in chopstick throwing, but i quickly showed the americans how easy their silly sports were by quickly becoming the goat at the age of 3

6.  My favowite monf of the year is 一月 closely followed by bing quiao 十二月

7. Yes, to the New York Yankees, they are in dire need of talent being as they are the worst franchise in all of sports.

1. What do you think of the theme week topic for this season (awards)? I don't have an opinion on that to be Honest. I don't even know what it is🤣

2. Are you satisfied with your player's performance as of late? Oh yeah really! The Trade showed what I could really Do in this league and I cannot be thankful enough to The Ottawa Lynx for acquiring me
3. What's the best place to play in the 'M when we're away?  Philly

4. Would you rather play for one team your whole career, or bounce around the league?  I would rather stick with one team 

5. What's your favorite sport to play? How about to watch? I know for me I like to play certain ones but cannot watch them on TV for a second. Hockey. And football (european)

6. What is your favorite month or season of the year? February, Winter

7. (Optional) Do you see Jack Eichel getting traded relatively soon? If so, to which team, and what type of return does Buffalo ultimately get?  At this point, I think the sabres should Do what the habs did with Pacioretty. Get a last minute deal before training camp with picks, an established player and a top tier prospect

1932789914_OTTPresser.thumb.jpg.7ed99a660cf403847d096b9f9f8b573e.jpg
OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending August 29, 2021 

Answer for 2 capped TPE.

1. Forwards, are you more of a playmaker, sniper or power forward? Defenders, would you say you’re more offensive, defensive, or two-way? Goalies, what’s the best part of your game? Your athleticism, positioning, ability to control rebounds? 
2. With the season nearing its end, how are you feeling? Where do you think you improved most, and what are you looking forward to? 
3. What do you think of the VHLE teams/logos now that they’ve all been released? 
4. What did you think of trade deadline day, both in the VHLM and VHL? We traded captain Ben Aky and a 5th in exchange for a 1st, 2nd and Arno Blugers who will also be here next season. 
5. Do you have any lucky numbers? Does your player wear one of those numbers? 
6. Would you rather summer or winter sports? 

#GOLYNXGO 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@PiPsen@Austin18@Domino Draws@Habs fan@Magee@SteveBrooks@Jaxon Seltenrich@bukss_a@Mattylive3k@Joker_TM@gh0st15

20 hours ago, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 capped TPE.

1. Forwards, are you more of a playmaker, sniper or power forward? Defenders, would you say you’re more offensive, defensive, or two-way? Goalies, what’s the best part of your game? Your athleticism, positioning, ability to control rebounds? 
2. With the season nearing its end, how are you feeling? Where do you think you improved most, and what are you looking forward to? 
3. What do you think of the VHLE teams/logos now that they’ve all been released? 
4. What did you think of trade deadline day, both in the VHLM and VHL? We traded captain Ben Aky and a 5th in exchange for a 1st, 2nd and Arno Blugers who will also be here next season. 

#GOLYNXGO 

@bRaidsz@ThatCanadian@PiPsen@Austin18@Domino Draws@Habs fan@Magee@SteveBrooks@Jaxon Seltenrich@bukss_a@Mattylive3k@Joker_TM@gh0st15

1. I would say power forward

2. Existing and the draft

3. Very nice

4. We will wait and see how it will be

5. No, and my player's number is 68

6. Uhh, winter sports?

On 8/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, JB123 said:

Answer for 2 capped TPE.

#GOLYNXGO 

1. I'd have to say its my ability to stop a shot with no rebound a lot of the time.

2. I'm feeling good, excited to see what I can do in the VHLE next season!

3. I think they're all great, very well done creators.

4. I think that's a great trade for the future of this team.

5. my lucky number's #16.

6. Winter sports for sure! 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, JB123 said:

1. Forwards, are you more of a playmaker, sniper or power forward? Defenders, would you say you’re more offensive, defensive, or two-way? Goalies, what’s the best part of your game? Your athleticism, positioning, ability to control rebounds? I am more of a playmaker
2. With the season nearing its end, how are you feeling? Where do you think you improved most, and what are you looking forward to? I improved my offensive game a lot and I am really looking forward to next season. I think with all the guys that we have and the experience that we got this year, next season Will be a blast.
3. What do you think of the VHLE teams/logos now that they’ve all been released? They are nice
4. What did you think of trade deadline day, both in the VHLM and VHL? We traded captain Ben Aky and a 5th in exchange for a 1st, 2nd and Arno Blugers who will also be here next season. We got a great Return for him and this deal will help us through our rebuild.
5. Do you have any lucky numbers? Does your player wear one of those numbers? 3. I don't think so 
6. Would you rather summer or winter sports? Winter sports are way more fun. 

#GOLYNXGO 

Week Ending September 5, 2021

You only have to answer 6 for 2 capped TPE. 

1. How's the offseason going? Anything you're doing to keep busy? There are also a few tournaments to participate in (Junior Showcase, ProAm, WJC). 

2. What's the best way to earn TPE for you?

3. What do you do in the hours leading up to a game? Any superstitions? 

4. Who do you think wins the Founder's Cup (VHLM)? 

5. What about the Continental Cup (VHL)?
6. What do you think of the whole Kotkaniemi offer sheet situation? I think it's real funny how the Canes decided to troll the Habs (changing twitter to french, same quote, $20 bonus). 

7. As fall approaches, what do you like best about it? 

#GOLYNXGO 

1 hour ago, JB123 said:

1. How's the offseason going? Anything you're doing to keep busy? There are also a few tournaments to participate in (Junior Showcase, ProAm, WJC).  I continue to earn tpe weekly.

2. What's the best way to earn TPE for you? Welfare/pension, pressers

3. What do you do in the hours leading up to a game? Any superstitions? Nah. Juste go with the flow

4. Who do you think wins the Founder's Cup (VHLM)? I Say Philly

5. What about the Continental Cup (VHL)? I don't think anyone stands a chance against malmo
6. What do you think of the whole Kotkaniemi offer sheet situation? I think it's real funny how the Canes decided to troll the Habs (changing twitter to french, same quote, $20 bonus). Yeah it's funny and with an aav of 6.1M$ per year, they can keep him 

7. As fall approaches, what do you like best about it? NHL season Starting

2 hours ago, JB123 said:

Week Ending September 5, 2021

You only have to answer 6 for 2 capped TPE. 

1. How's the offseason going? Anything you're doing to keep busy? There are also a few tournaments to participate in (Junior Showcase, ProAm, WJC). 

2. What's the best way to earn TPE for you?

3. What do you do in the hours leading up to a game? Any superstitions? 

4. Who do you think wins the Founder's Cup (VHLM)? 

5. What about the Continental Cup (VHL)?
6. What do you think of the whole Kotkaniemi offer sheet situation? I think it's real funny how the Canes decided to troll the Habs (changing twitter to french, same quote, $20 bonus). 

7. As fall approaches, what do you like best about it? 

#GOLYNXGO 

1. No, not really, i have been cubing but other than that, not really. And I did apply for being a WJC GM, and I don't really think that Towbaker will be playing in the WJC.

2. Practice Welfare, and PC's like this one.

3. Nope, not that I can recall.

4. Probably Saskatoon, and that's unbiased!

5. %100 Malmo. No questions asked.

6. I haven't really seen it. Don't flame me.

7. The leaves that I can jump in. Yes, that.

• 2 weeks later...

Week Ending September 12, 2021

1 a new season is about to start, are you hyped? where do you think we will end?

2 as the season is about to start also the draft is approching, so, who do you think we will take as first pick?

3 talking about picks, do you think that one of our next picks will be an hall of famer? (I really hope that one or more players will enter the hall of fame)

4 now, let's talk about me, are you guys happy to have me as an AGM? (only good answers) 

5 as I don't know anything about you guys, describe yourself, so we can know each other better.

6 what is your favorite  tv show? (i am a big fan of the office, bojack horseman and of course the great south park)

• 2 weeks later...

1. a new season is about to start, are you hyped? where do you think we will end?

I'm hoping with all our picks we can use a full line up to be competitive enough to be one of the top teams. Our scouts are working hard!

2 as the season is about to start also the draft is approching, so, who do you think we will take as first pick?

To be honest there are so many big names that could change our team it's going to be a toss up for me until the buzzer rings

3 talking about picks, do you think that one of our next picks will be an hall of famer? (I really hope that one or more players will enter the hall of fame)

Yeah I think so. I see some veterans returning for another run and some up and comers looking to the future already.. But who will be end up taking? See you on draft night

4 now, let's talk about me, are you guys happy to have me as an AGM? (only good answers)

Oh yeah, since I know you it's easy to adjust and you have a lot of grind so it helps me to keep motivated

5 as I don't know anything about you guys, describe yourself, so we can know each other better.

I like baking, rap music and sleep

6 what is your favorite  tv show? (i am a big fan of the office, bojack horseman and of course the great south park)

South Park is one of one

favorites too, usually the only thing I put on other than a music station

Edited by 16z

Last minute press conference incoming! 

ANSWER 6 FOR 2 CAPPED, 3 FOR 1 CAPPED

1. How long have you been a hockey fan? What got you into the sport?

2. If you were a GM what kind of team would you build? Would you start off slow, go straight for a VHL job or are you not interested in becoming one?

3. What type of goal is your favorite to score? Breakaway, game winner, power-play, shootout?

4. What is your favorite VHLE team? It could be their logo, manager(s) or do you have multiple reasons?

5. Any players you look up to in the VHL or do you want to create your own path? 

6. Without thinking about it type the first word that comes to mind.. Now make into a hockey themed sentence 😛

Edited by 16z

Week Ending September 26, 2021

1 draft is finallly over, happy with our picks? would you change something?

2 PREDICTIONS ARE NOW OPEN, where would you think we will end thanks to the new players that we have drafted?

3 what is the first thing that comes in your mind when you think about the ottawa Lynx? (a player? a logo?)

4 WJC is near it's end, who do you think will win? (not asia for sure)

5 what would you pick with you if you were going in the space?

6 Talking about space,would you love to go on a vacantion in space?

Edited by Matt thunder

1. Since I was a child. My dad had been a sportfan so I think I got it from him.

2. Im not really intrested in becoming a GM.

3. A Powerplay feels always good to score but I think a Game winner is always special.

4. To be honest I dont really have a favorite team.

5. I just want to create my own path and see how far I can come.

6. Food puck😂

7 minutes ago, 16z said:

2. If you were a GM what kind of team would you build? Would you start off slow, go straight for a VHL job or are you not interested in becoming one?

3. What type of goal is your favorite to score? Breakaway, game winner, power-play, shootout?

4. What is your favorite VHLE team? It could be their logo, manager(s) or do you have multiple reasons?

5. Any players you look up to in the VHL or do you want to create your own path? 

6. Without thinking about it type the first word that comes to mind.. Now make into a hockey themed sentence 😛

1 I have been an hockey fan since I had 8 years if i am not wrong, thanks NHL 13.

2 well  I am your AGM so the question is easy, I  would love to become a gm in the VHL.

3 game winner, I love the glory, just kidding, I suck at scoring.

4 Rome, I am italian, gonna support my country.

5 My own path to be honest, I do not want to be remembered as a copy cat.

6 get the cabbage deep. why the hell did i thought about a cabbage.

52 minutes ago, 16z said:

1.  I have been a hockey fan for as long as I can remember. Having a hockey team in the city of my birth is what got me into the sport.

2. I would try to build a team that that balances offensive production with physical defense. I may apply for a VHLM AGM later. I have a lot to learn about being a player first.

3. I love scoring shorthanded, especially when on the road. Sucks the energy right out of the building.

4. I don't have a favorite VHLE team yet. Many interesting logos, but I would like to see how the teams play first.

5. As a first generation player, I feel the need to carve my own path and start learning from there.

6. Junk. You may believe in junk time, but I choose to believe no fight is hopeless.

Edited by Will3

27 minutes ago, 16z said:

1. Im probably worst hockey fan. I watch only Olimpic games or world Championship. Maybe some time if anything better isnt on TV.

Me got in father, when i didnt care who win and who lose. 

2. I dont want to have any job in VHL. I had Jobs in LatvianSHL and already then it wasnt Easy. 

3. I like shoutout. 

4. Bratislava Watchman - it was my first team. 

5. I make my own way. Try to be best. Like to experiment with skills. 

6. Poo/shit - just changed daughters diaper. 

Shit, I broke my stick. 

2 hours ago, 16z said:

I am a fan since 2011. I fell in love with the sport and the habs

2. If you were a GM what kind of team would you build? Would you start off slow, go straight for a VHL job or are you not interested in becoming one? I would try to use the same model as Vegas. Awesome tandem in nets, solid defense and lots of depth up front. I am really interested in becoming an executive in the vhl someday. I would start as an AGM to get use to it and gain some experience off that.

Game winners are the best

I don't have any, tbh. 

I want to create my own legacy.

6. Without thinking about it type the first word that comes to mind.. Now make into a hockey themed sentence. The table would be effective in net

Not really ever. Always been a soccer and basketball type of person, and recently got into football as well after joining sim leagues, maybe I'll get into hockey once this is there.

Not really interested in one, I am currently a General Manager in three different leagues, EFL, ISFL, and SBA and what I like about them is that they each have something interesting between either team strategies or player builds, but from what I see player builds are the same for every player here, and from what I heard strats are not as detailed.

Game winner is really the only right answer, who doesn't love making the goal that ends up winning the game. Pretty cool to be honest.

With the VHLE Draft hopefully happening tommorow, probably not smart to name a favorite VHLE team. Can't be lowering my stock because of this smh.

I gotta look up to Warsaw legend, Tim Waters. Juice Box is going to be Waters but better, hopefully averaging a point per game in one season.

Well "hi" was the word.

Hi, I play hockey.

19 hours ago, 16z said:

1. I've been a hockey fan for about 2 years, and I thjnk it was my friend or the Flames' best in the west

2. I would take it slow at the start, then it would get better

3. Game winner, the cheer of winning a game though

4. I like the Rome Gladiators because of their name, it's cool, so sue me

5. I look up to my friends, Linus Zetterstrom and Cabe McJake

6. Was that a gun? Nah that was Chara's slapshot. Fuck off Jim.

1 draft is finally over, happy with our picks? would you change something?

I'm happy and I am going to go off, considering a maxed player went in the 4th round is crazy, every manager who passed on me is going to regret it.

2 PREDICTIONS ARE NOW OPEN, where would you think we will end thanks to the new players that we have drafted?

I like how you drafted, I need to look at the teams, but I think we will be stacked.

3 what is the first thing that comes in your mind when you think about the Ottawa Lynx? (a player? a logo?)

I think of home, my family.

4 WJC is near it's end, who do you think will win? (not Asia for sure)

I don't know, haven't followed it, they all passed on the best player, and that is Brendan Marner.

I would bring some beers, would I be the first to get wasted in space?

6 Talking about space, would you love to go on a vacation in space?

I would love to go to space, that's beautiful. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Matt thunder said:

Week Ending September 26, 2021

1 draft is finallly over, happy with our picks? would you change something?

I wouldn't change a thing, we have 3 tough forward lines with some rookies to help support us on the specialty teams, our defense is one of the best and I'm excited to see how Menace performs with that in front of him. Only thing we could really acquire now would be depth players

I'm gunning for that top spot, our team is more than ready and I don't see too much in our way the rest of the season 

3 what is the first thing that comes in your mind when you think about the ottawa Lynx? (a player? a logo?)

When I read Ottawa Lynx it reminds me of my favorite team the Ottawa Senators. Sometimes some of the Alumni come to mind.. Depending on how hard I'm working 

4 WJC is near it's end, who do you think will win? (not asia for sure)

In those tournaments I always cheer for my players home country so Europe gets my support every time

Food is the first thing that comes to mind but I'll be pretty bored. I'd probably bring a cellphone as long as I get the world wide web

6 Talking about space,would you love to go on a vacantion in space?

Think it would be very scary to be honest, huge fan of space though.. Depending on the situation I guess because it would be a vacation either way. Not a big traveler and have only been a couple of hours away from home

Edited by 16z