Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

171713740_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.c1553ccd6d37707a6eeacd0eddc38a7b.jpg

Continental Cup Finals!!

To say I am a bit excited for the team is a bit of an understatement as we tried to get the team into this position last season and we came up short but to actually make the finals this season in a season with it ups and downs, losing streak followed by winning streak heading into the play-off has been a wild ride and since I didn`t do a New Years press conference I guess we can combine two together by reflecting on the past season. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. What trade impacted the team the most this season?

2. Who do you feel was the teams Unsung Hero this season? Why?

3. What player on the Vancouver Wolves should be the teams MVP? Why?

4. Who do you think is the teams current Play-off MVP? Why?

5. Who is the most improved player this season with the Wolves?

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves are Continental Cup Champions if ___________________.

What a season and it has been made even better by the players on the team. Congrats to all the players on making the finals but…………. The jobs not done!!

4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

171713740_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.c1553ccd6d37707a6eeacd0eddc38a7b.jpg

Continental Cup Finals!!

To say I am a bit excited for the team is a bit of an understatement as we tried to get the team into this position last season and we came up short but to actually make the finals this season in a season with it ups and downs, losing streak followed by winning streak heading into the play-off has been a wild ride and since I didn`t do a New Years press conference I guess we can combine two together by reflecting on the past season. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves are Continental Cup Champions if ___________________.

What a season and it has been made even better by the players on the team. Congrats to all the players on making the finals but…………. The jobs not done!!

1. The blockbuster gamble made by swapping superstars and acquiring Sergey Preobrazhensky turned out to be a very important trade, and it shook up the roster in a perfect way.

2. Dogwood Maple has emerged into a star in the VHL and especially in the playoffs Maple has made a massive impact. 

3. Biggie Cheese no question, Cheese is one of the best defensemen in the league and has been a huge reason for the team's success.

4. Again Biggie Cheese. The impact Biggie makes is undeniable and we would not be in the finals without him.

5. Svatopluk Puk jumped over 40 points in production, definitely the most improved.

6. We keep rolling. Just keep playing like we've been playing.

Continental Cup Finals!!

To say I am a bit excited for the team is a bit of an understatement as we tried to get the team into this position last season and we came up short but to actually make the finals this season in a season with it ups and downs, losing streak followed by winning streak heading into the play-off has been a wild ride and since I didn`t do a New Years press conference I guess we can combine two together by reflecting on the past season. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

Definitely the Sergey trade. It was a big swap and we lost a good player in Nico but we got just as good of a player in Sergey. He has been a big part of our push in the playoffs and he has been a solid addition to the team

I would say Fuhr. He has really stepped up his game and put the team on his shoulders in the second half of the season and so far in the playoffs.

I would go with Fuhr once again for mainly the same reasons as above. He has been in phenomenal shape and I hope it continues in the finals!

Triple Fuhr answer! Fuhr has gone above and beyond in these playoffs and deserves to be our MVP at the end of the playoffs.

Toss up between Maple and Puk, both have seen massive improvements since last season and have been great contributors this season! Future is bright with these 2!

6. Fill in the blank: Vancouver Wolves are Continental Cup Champions if ___________________.

We continue to play strong in front of Fuhr and able to dominate offensively 

On 1/3/2023 at 9:07 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Continental Cup Finals!!

1. Getting rid of that bum Nico Pearce, literally impossible for you to win the finals if you still had him. It is known.

2. Dogwood Maple, probably. He didn't quite have the Funk season I was hoping for. But he did work against us in Chicago in the playoffs.

3. Brandt Fuhr. He was absolutely massive for you all season, especially in the playoffs. You didn't get that cup without him.

4. Same as above, Cheese had an insane playoffs. But the consistency from Fuhr is what got you that W.

5. Probably Dogwood Maple again, didn't improve as much as I hoped he would, as a Vegas alumni. But he took a really good step forward.

6. Vancouver Wolves are Continental Cup Champions if Frank beats himself.

On 1/3/2023 at 4:07 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Continental Cup Finals!!

1. The only trade I know is the Nico Pearce trade. So I guess that one?

2. Brandt Fuhr, best goalie in the league and the leagues biggest heel.

3. Brandt Fuhr! Led the team to a cup.

4. BRAND FUHR! HE LED THE GOD DAMN TEAM TO A CUP! 

5. Henry Eagles, just some pretty good growth in their second season on the Wolves.

6. The timeline stays the same as it is and we dont go back in time.

1539895030_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.acadff9ac4875d428eacde30f0f87b1c.jpg

We are the Champions

Here we are only a few days after winning an amazing seven game series against Prague Phantoms. More impressively I think was the way we handled the adversity of losing two straight games and then handling the pressure cooker that was game seven. Was there any doubt heading into overtime of game seven that we were going to lift the cup? Quick return to Earth as off season killed in only hours after winning the cup. All these questioned asked and more in this week’s addition of the press conference. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. I don`t remember where we were last week either the start of the final’s series against Prague or shortly after the first two games, either way this question is about the first two games in which we lost. Were you surprised that we lost the first two games of the finals? Why or why not?

2. After game two most started writing this team off but we quickly tied the series back up at two games apiece. Did this surprise you or what surprised you about the first four games?

3. I think I might have asked this question last week but has anything changed now that we are done with the play-offs as Champions. Again, who was our teams play-off MVP and why?

4. Hours after lifting cup, Biggie Cheese along with a 4th was traded to Warsaw for Vasile Lamb and S88 WAR 1st. What impact will this have on the team next season and do you agree with trading away one of our most valuable players?

5. Pierre Emile Bouchard interest request today to head back to the VHLE so that he could claim all three league titles so how many titles have you won and what leagues? Do you know of anyone that has actually won all three championships?

6. Repeating is always one of the hardest things to do in any sport but if I am correct Vancouver was the last team to actually accomplish this in the VHL. What do you think of our chances of repeating next season and what should our goals be for next season?

What as season and yes, We are the Champions!!

3 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1539895030_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.acadff9ac4875d428eacde30f0f87b1c.jpg

We are the Champions

Here we are only a few days after winning an amazing seven game series against Prague Phantoms. More impressively I think was the way we handled the adversity of losing two straight games and then handling the pressure cooker that was game seven. Was there any doubt heading into overtime of game seven that we were going to lift the cup? Quick return to Earth as off season killed in only hours after winning the cup. All these questioned asked and more in this week’s addition of the press conference. Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. I don`t remember where we were last week either the start of the final’s series against Prague or shortly after the first two games, either way this question is about the first two games in which we lost. Were you surprised that we lost the first two games of the finals? Why or why not?

2. After game two most started writing this team off but we quickly tied the series back up at two games apiece. Did this surprise you or what surprised you about the first four games?

3. I think I might have asked this question last week but has anything changed now that we are done with the play-offs as Champions. Again, who was our teams play-off MVP and why?

4. Hours after lifting cup, Biggie Cheese along with a 4th was traded to Warsaw for Vasile Lamb and S88 WAR 1st. What impact will this have on the team next season and do you agree with trading away one of our most valuable players?

5. Pierre Emile Bouchard interest request today to head back to the VHLE so that he could claim all three league titles so how many titles have you won and what leagues? Do you know of anyone that has actually won all three championships?

6. Repeating is always one of the hardest things to do in any sport but if I am correct Vancouver was the last team to actually accomplish this in the VHL. What do you think of our chances of repeating next season and what should our goals be for next season?

1. I was surprised, and a little shaken too. One more loss in the next sim and I'm not sure how it would have turned out. Those losses were definitely a wakeup call though, and one we needed badly.

2. It was a chaotic series, exciting from beginning to end, and with those first four games we could have easily dug ourselves a hole, but proving our resilience and winning those next two games was a huge boost to our confidence.

3. It's definitely still Biggie, what a fantastic playoffs and amazing season in total. Stinks that he had to be traded for the cap.

4. Well it's a massive shakeup. Luckily Vasile Lamb is a fantastic player, but the defense definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

5. No I have no clue, the E hasn't been around that long so not that many players have even had that opportunity yet.

6. I think that the chances definitely got tougher. Key pieces have left and the team looks a lot different. However what I know is that this team has no quit, and if any team would find a way, it would be this one.

1. Yes, a little surprised, i thought we will win at least one of them. But then i realized it was away games, so i knew we still have a chance. and next two wins kinda surprised me too. 
2. Yeah as i mentioned next two games surprised me too. 
3. Fuhr, for me he is our MVP in the play-offs.
4. It was a surprise, he was our leader in defence, also scored a lot of points. We will miss him. Not sure if its a good move or not.
5. Its my first title, i lost in VHLM and VHLE finals, so i was close.
6. Top teams are really even, so it will be really hard to win it again. It will be hard to choose to predict the winner next season.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:46 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

We are the Champions

I was surprised we lost 2 in a row, I thought it would go 1-1 but I think going down that 2-0 really showed us that we can't take things for granted and made us play much better for the rest of the series

I was not surprised, almost everyone instinctively writes off a team that goes down 2-0 but I always had hope that we would bounce back and we did. We had a solid locker room of great guys with lots of character and it helped us fight back and win!

There was lots of great candidates but my vote is still for Fuhr. Without him we wouldn't be in a position to win the cup.

It is unfortunate Biggie was traded as he was a big part of the cup run but that is what happens in the cap era of hockey. Management has to make tough choices to be compliant with the cap and Biggie was an unfortunate downfall of that necessity. We still got a great player in return and a 1st round pick which is great!

I have not won any other cups with this player, as I didn't spend much time in the minor leagues. I don't track who wins what outside of my player so I am unsure if anyone has done it.

I think we have a great chance of repeating. Most of the core is coming back and it will be a great goal to try and repeat as champions

On 1/10/2023 at 3:46 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

We are the Champions

1. I wasn't too surprised. I knew it was going to be a back and forth series.

2. I was always confident that our coaches would put us in a position to win

3. Biggie Cheese!

4. I've got complete trust in our management to put us in a position to continue to be successful.

5. I've won two now.  One with Las Vegas and one here!

6. I love our chances to repeat.  Just like my Georgia Bulldogs!

1. I don`t remember where we were last week either the start of the final’s series against Prague or shortly after the first two games, either way this question is about the first two games in which we lost. Were you surprised that we lost the first two games of the finals? Why or why not? 

Yeah, Prague was a good competitor for sure, but got ahead quicker than I may have thought. Definitely made Vancouver double down and focus.

The momentum shift was evident. It was sort of a surprise but also not, I knew the Wolves would not go down without a fight, but at the same time it was sort of surprising to see it tied right back up.

Toughie. Probably either Cheese or Fuhr, Cheese tied for the lead in points as a defender and had 14 goals; Fuhr was rock solid with a .932. 

4. Hours after lifting cup, Biggie Cheese along with a 4thwas traded to Warsaw for Vasile Lamb and S88 WAR 1st. What impact will this have on the team next season and do you agree with trading away one of our most valuable players? 

It is obviously tough to lose a player of Cheese’s caliber, but it was necessary for cap reasons. Was good to gain a high pick and the rights to a great player, even if they got flipped for other assets. 

As a player, S78 Founder’s Cup with Yukon (RIP) and S86 with San Diego. Hopefully a Renaissance followed by Continental Cups here in Vancouver coming!

6. Repeating is always one of the hardest things to do in any sport but if I am correct Vancouver was the last team to actually accomplish this in the VHL. What do you think of our chances of repeating next season and what should our goals be for next season?

Very solid, the management team has adapted to cap-related issues that arose and put the team in a spot to be successful again. Our goals should be to come together as a team and win it again.

2097856491_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.a4c95699c6c12747e8c14dc5f283f648.jpg

48hrs

Here we are again writing wanting to write about our crazy General Manager having a wild forty-eight hours, where he traded away one of our best players, drafted two delicious players and sign a top free agent player. Not to mention more that I am likely missing; all this leading into a new season. He also managed to get a head of some of these questions today by releasing his own press release. (ugh) Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. How close do you follow the Vancouver Wolves off season?

2. Day of trades and too many forgotten; Can you recall all the different trades that General Manager @Frank made this off season trying to improve the roster? Hint: There was a total of ten trades.

3. Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 was trade to the New York Americans in a difficult trade that seen Hasbulla Magomedov @Motzaburger, S87 NYA 1st and S89 NYA 2nd along with S88 1st and S88 CHI 3rd. Was this a big enough of a return for a player of his caliber? Why?

4. Shortly after trading away Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 the team quickly replaced him with a free agent signing in (S81) Nezuko @Baozi. Does this mean that (S81) Nezuko will always be compared to Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 in the terms of leadership and production? Why or Why not?

5. Oh, we also have a back-up goaltender that should push Brant Fuhr @Tate to be even better this season in Jeremy Swayman @Agito. Do you think we will have a goaltending controversy this season?

6. Material, Material so much!! I guess I have to decide that last question and push the rest to next week so last question is: After all the changes this off season, how would you rate the Vancouver Wolves chances of repeating on a scale of 1-10? Why?

So much material this week as I didn`t even touch really on our two new drafted prospects, the WJC as Europe plays Canada for Gold, World Cup as we have a few player representing different countries. But I guess they can wait until next week....

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

I followed them quite closely. I even made some trades on their behalf. 

2. Day of trades and too many forgotten; Can you recall all the different trades that General Manager @Frank made this off season trying to improve the roster? Hint: There was a total of ten trades.

I made the trades and I'm going to have a hard time recalling. First was Cheese to Warsaw. Then we acquired Bob V from Davos and then traded him to Malmo, that's three. Then we trade Lamb's rights to D.C. We acquired Agito from Toronto. Then we traded Leduc to NY which made 6 trades. I'm tired and am not getting paid enough for this, I give up.

3. Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 was trade to the New York Americans in a difficult trade that seen Hasbulla Magomedov @Motzaburger, S87 NYA 1st and S89 NYA 2nd along with S88 1st and S88 CHI 3rd. Was this a big enough of a return for a player of his caliber? Why?

No ideally we would have gotten four 1sts but unfortunately this is not NHL23. :(

Still sad we had to move @Lemorse7 but the cap just won't be there going forward and some times hard decision need to be made for the future of the team. 

4. Shortly after trading away Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 the team quickly replaced him with a free agent signing in (S81) Nezuko @Baozi. Does this mean that (S81) Nezuko will always be compared to Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 in the terms of leadership and production? Why or Why not?

We can definitely compare the two this season. But I suspect we won't have cap space going forward unless the cap increases. I think Leduc will be very motivated when he plays Vancouver unfortunately we had to trade him within the conference. Hopefully there won't be a Vancouver vs. New York playoff match up or I might not hear the end of it. 

5. Oh, we also have a back-up goaltender that should push Brant Fuhr @Tate to be even better this season in Jeremy Swayman @Agito. Do you think we will have a goaltending controversy this season?

I'm very happy we got @Agito I don't think there will be a goaltender controversy but I do think Swayman we'll play infinite times better than Van G would have. Swayman can learn the trade from Fuhr. 

6. Material, Material so much!! I guess I have to decide that last question and push the rest to next week so last question is: After all the changes this off season, how would you rate the Vancouver Wolves chances of repeating on a scale of 1-10? Why?

7 there's so much parity in the league and we're taking a risk this season not spreading around our cap to the defense as we may be in tough to find a defensemen for 2M at the deadline. I think if we can over come the lack of depth on defense by out scoring other teams and relying on Fuhr then we have as good a chance as anybody. 

1. I saw few trades out there.
2. Hmm i remember we lost Cheese, then Leduc, two surprises, then we got Lamb, and he was traded away too, thats all i know:D
3. Well we little lost there,but lets see how we do in next season without him.
4. Well he have to become a leader. I wish him good luck with us.
5. Fuhr was amazing last season, but its always good to have a backup goalie, so Fuhr can rest too.
6. 2 i guess, it will be really hard to repeat. But i do believe in Vancouver :)

15 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

2097856491_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.a4c95699c6c12747e8c14dc5f283f648.jpg

48hrs

Here we are again writing wanting to write about our crazy General Manager having a wild forty-eight hours, where he traded away one of our best players, drafted two delicious players and sign a top free agent player. Not to mention more that I am likely missing; all this leading into a new season. He also managed to get a head of some of these questions today by releasing his own press release. (ugh) Either way we are back with another press conference, so answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

2. Day of trades and too many forgotten; Can you recall all the different trades that General Manager @Frank made this off season trying to improve the roster? Hint: There was a total of ten trades.

3. Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 was trade to the New York Americans in a difficult trade that seen Hasbulla Magomedov @Motzaburger, S87 NYA 1st and S89 NYA 2nd along with S88 1st and S88 CHI 3rd. Was this a big enough of a return for a player of his caliber? Why?

4. Shortly after trading away Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 the team quickly replaced him with a free agent signing in (S81) Nezuko @Baozi. Does this mean that (S81) Nezuko will always be compared to Alex Leduc @Lemorse7 in the terms of leadership and production? Why or Why not?

5. Oh, we also have a back-up goaltender that should push Brant Fuhr @Tate to be even better this season in Jeremy Swayman @Agito. Do you think we will have a goaltending controversy this season?

So much material this week as I didn`t even touch really on our two new drafted prospects, the WJC as Europe plays Canada for Gold, World Cup as we have a few player representing different countries. But I guess they can wait until next week....

1. I do not follow as I am Hasbulla. Vancouver follows me

2. I recall the trades where Hasbulla was traded as a gambling piece of low value - is it cuz I short?

3. Hasbulla and picks?! WHAT A STEAL FOR US. Hazzy gonnna gain TPEz more if you keep tagging me in things to do :)

4. I don't know who any of these players are. There is only one: Hasbulla. Worry about Hasbulla first, then hasbulla get better for team

5. I hope so. Let them fight it out. Better to have two goalie than one goalie who good puck stoppah

6. YES WE CAN. WE HAVE HASBULLA NOW. WATCH OUT

On 1/16/2023 at 8:33 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

48hrs

To be honest I only followed the 2 big trades of Cheese and Leduc; other then that I was celebrating with the cup and missed all the other moves management made. Looking at the roster and our draft picks, I think we did very well!

whoah didn't know there was a total of 10, only followed 2. That is an impressive amount of trades but as mentioned above the roster looks solid and the future looks very bright as well.

It's tough to say, we needed to make the trade due to cap issues so it was probably harder to negotiate and Magomedov ended up being traded away as well as the NYA 1st. So in return for Leduc it was the opportunity to draft Oreo Mcfleury. Time will tell if this was a good trade.

I don't think so, Nezuko will be judged on his own play and how he helps the team rather then being compared to Leduc. Management got a great replacement and we will see how Nezuko fits into the team and if we can repeat as champions with him.

I don't think there will be a controversy. Fuhr is still the undisputed starter and Swayman can learn a lot from him this season. Next season is where I see Swaymean challenging for the #1 position if not taking it from Fuhr.

I would say an 8, there have been many changes to the team and while the skill on paper looks good there will have to be a time of working on chemistry and learning to play together. If we can find the chemistry quickly then we have a great shot of repeating!

On 1/17/2023 at 2:33 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

48hrs

1. So-so. I wasn't a full time member of the team last season, so no matter what changes does the offseason bring, the S87 Wolves will be my real first impression on the team.

2. I'm sure I can't recall all of them. But it's great to see a GM not getting lazy after winning The Cup.

3. It's said the team who gets the best player wins the trade. I don't think anyone is happy to see Leduc leave, but it's too early to tell. There are picks for S88 and S89 drafts involved, who knows.

4. Not saying it's fair to them, but yes, they for sure will be. At least by the fans 

5. I've played with Jeremy before, he's been a fantastic goalie on every level he's player on. But it will take some time for him to adjust to the big league, I don't think there will be a real controversy this season.

6. I think we're looking solid! A few prospects are joining to fill in depth roles, the top end is looking great, I'd give it a solid 9.7/10.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:33 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

48hrs

Nikolas Kauppi, unable to find his own team's press conference, brazenly enters the Vancouver Wolves press conference in a dashing purple-and-black suit proudly representing Prague. The room of reporters starts buzzing with confusion when hushes are spread when Kauppi approaches the podium. He opens a bottle of water and takes a few gulps before clearing his throat, "All right, what unrelated questions do we have for me today?"

Who? Ahh..just kidding! First of all, my most sincere congratulations to your Continental Cup win last season. You'll be lucky to get it again this season. Oh, sorry...uh..yeah, no, I don't follow you guys at all except that last bit.

I gotta be honest -- as a player, I only pay any attention to anything that's on the ice. I'm sure..uh..Frank was it? Hey, there he is! Frank! Good shit last season, dude. You did what had to be done. Order 66 and all that. It's all business, no hard feelings I'm sure.

Wow, he got to go to New York, huh? Lucky guy. I hope he hates sleep. Magomedov isn't even on the Wolves anymore, so I think you lost a pretty valuable player there for picks. What do I know though...I just play the sport, not with money.

You signed an anime character? That's hilarious!

SWAAAAYY! Love that guy. He's practically a brick wall. Fuhr better check his posts before Swayman takes his spot with the Michigan.

2. It was originally 1 because you signed an anime character in place of Leduc, but I bumped it up to 2 because you got my boy Swayman in the mix so there's a slight chance. 

Hey, Vancouver, it's been a blast in my short time here. You have a lovely city and I can't wait to make sure you don't make the playoffs this next season, but good luck! See you on the ice!

438976104_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.2b344b7c9a43b9819fc0389ef901614b.jpg

The dog days of the Off-Season

Last week we had a ton of talking points carried over from last week but does this AGM actually remember what they are? Of course!! Long off season continues to grind on and on so I guess some of the question might be towards this end. Let see what I come up with off the top of my head this week.

1. World Junior Championship finished last week with Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat winning gold for Europe; Do you actually follow the WJC? Why or why not?

2. Continue to talk about best-on-best tournaments, the World Cup final is being played today. Do you follow the World Championship? Why or why not?

3. Last week the team drafted Oreo McFleury @JB123 with the fifth overall pick and brother Reese McFleury @Spaz with the eighth overall pick. Can you recall the other two other players selected in similar position that are currently key aspect of the Vancouver Wolves roster? Who are they and are the McFleurys` going to have similar success in Vancouver?

4. Later this week, maybe even as early as today this season captains should be announced. What skills make a good captain? Why?

5. Issue faced by the league over the past week has been active UFA player unable to find a roster spot; Have you been following the situation and what would your solution be?

6. Riddle: With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

Yes, The Riddles are back!!

8 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

438976104_VancouverPressConferenceRiddles.jpg.2b344b7c9a43b9819fc0389ef901614b.jpg

Last week we had a ton of talking points carried over from last week but does this AGM actually remember what they are? Of course!! Long off season continues to grind on and on so I guess some of the question might be towards this end. Let see what I come up with off the top of my head this week.

1. World Junior Championship finished last week with Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat winning gold for Europe; Do you actually follow the WJC? Why or why not?

2. Continue to talk about best-on-best tournaments, the World Cup final is being played today. Do you follow the World Championship? Why or why not?

3. Last week the team drafted Oreo McFleury @JB123 with the fifth overall pick and brother Reese McFleury @Spaz with the eighth overall pick. Can you recall the other two other players selected in similar position that are currently key aspect of the Vancouver Wolves roster? Who are they and are the McFleurys` going to have similar success in Vancouver?

4. Later this week, maybe even as early as today this season captains should be announced. What skills make a good captain? Why?

5. Issue faced by the league over the past week has been active UFA player unable to find a roster spot; Have you been following the situation and what would your solution be?

6. Riddle: With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

1. About as close as someone participating can! 

2. Not really. I would, if my player was there, or maybe if I was in management and some of my team's players or prospects would be there.

3. Hey, my nameplate has just been put on my locker room stall, I've just arrived. I have yet to find time to look into the Wolves lore.

4. Being a part of the team for some time is definitely a plus. But I think the most important things are team first mentality and their locker room presence.

5. Not at all to be honest, I've only seen the announcement about the temporary cap relief and that's it.

6. It physically joins something together by biting? It has to be a stapler! And all the victim, fate, might etc. is stapling together legal documents!

11 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I usually follow it if my guy is playing, if he isn't then my focus is on training and getting better for the season. Congrats to Kerr and Lekman for winning gold though, its always a great experience!

Same answer as above, I follow it if my player is participating. Unfortunately this year Henry was not selected so I will continue to just focus on my preperation for the upcoming season.

Was it the Reinharts? Jerome and Tyler? That would be my guess. I think the McFleury's will be great for the Wolves and I am glad that we managed to get them. Hopefully they will become Wolves legends.

I think good leadership and locker room communication. Captains need these traits in order to help steer the ship in the right direction if things start going badly. A good captain will help focus his team-mates on the task ahead.

I have seen a few posts and while it is unfortunate that is just the way the hockey business works. Some players wanted to go to FA for more money but found out that teams didn't have the space and now the team they left have already signed someone else. Its a tough situation to be in but I have read the league is trying some temporary measures to fix these issues.

This one got me, I didn't have an idea and had to google it. Very interesting answer and I never would have thought of that myself! Well done!

1. Congrats to the guys, reminds me when i won it with europe too. I dont really follow it.
2. Tbh i didnt even know its happening this season.
3. I dont remember who they were, but i hope MCFleury duo will have a big role in the future of Vancouver.
4. Leadership, motivation, and be a glue iin the team.
5. Hmm i didnt know that, i thought they can find a team easily, as some teams have free spots. Maybe its cuz of salary?
6. Ooo riddle again, starting with a stapler.

1. World Junior Championship finished last week with Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ and Jens Lekman @Bobcat winning gold for Europe; Do you actually follow the WJC? Why or why not?

A big congratulations to them both, they're already building chemistry ahead of their rookie seasons in the VHL. Both players are off to a great start despite playing behind some strong veterans. I try to follow all things league related but of course if my team or players on my team are involved it peaks my interest that much more.

2. Continue to talk about best-on-best tournaments, the World Cup final is being played today. Do you follow the World Championship? Why or why not?

I always followed the Continental Cup more than the World Cup, only because it feels like a bit of an all star game at times. Still an interesting tourney none the less. 

3. Last week the team drafted Oreo McFleury @JB123 with the fifth overall pick and brother Reese McFleury @Spaz with the eighth overall pick. Can you recall the other two other players selected in similar position that are currently key aspect of the Vancouver Wolves roster? Who are they and are the McFleurys` going to have similar success in Vancouver?

Dogwood Maple and Pierre Emile Bouchard. If Oreo and Reese have the same success it's going to be strong run in Vancouver going forward. I was really happy we got both @JB123 and @Spaz it's going to really extend our competitive window with the cap the way it is. 

4. Later this week, maybe even as early as today this season captains should be announced. What skills make a good captain? Why?

A strong locker room presence and a talented player on the ice are my two biggest notes for who should be team captain. I think @Gaikoku-hito is very deserving of being selected team Captain. With that being said there are so many great members currently on the roster and in the system, that there would have been no bad choices. 

5. Issue faced by the league over the past week has been active UFA player unable to find a roster spot; Have you been following the situation and what would your solution be?

It's a tough situation since players who don't give much effort tend to be forgotten. It looks like it was sorted out and there aren't too many players left twisting in the wind. 

6. Riddle: With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

I'm going to admit to cheating since I'm terrible at riddles but @VattghernCZ seems to be bang on, stapler it is. 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:51 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Unfortunately I didn't follow it this year, but I have in the past

2. I should absolutely play closer attention to it. I've been busy IRL which hasn't helped

3. I have zero doubt that the McFleurys will be absolutely incredible players for us.  

4. Leadership, composure, and toughness.

5. I haven't followed it at all, anybody have the cliffnotes?

6. Shelob?