Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

14 hours ago, Tetricide said:

:cal: Calgary Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending March 19, 2023

1. What's up Wranglers! We're going into the final games of the semis and it's really getting down to the wire here. Is your player amped or a little anxious?

2. As of this post no one's scored a hat trick yet in either series. What does that say about our competition?

3. ...Or is that a player skill issue?

4. Does your player prefer the cheers of the home crowd or thrive off the grief of the opposing team's fans at away games?

5. Spring is right around the corner! How are your allergies holding up? Texans are dying from all the pollen...

6. What toppings do you put on your pizza? Don't worry pineapple lovers, you're safe here.

1. Amped up. Especially after a three point game and a game winner in match five, DJ is ready to put this series to bed.

2. It is playoff hockey and at this stage there are no pushover teams anymore and hattricks are more difficult to come by compared to the bottom feeder teams in the regular season.

3. I do not think it is a skill issue. The competition is harder and we mess with the best. As long as we win games, hattricks are just a very nice cherry on the cake.

4. Both. DJ takes energy from emotions. This can be the joy our our proud Wrangler Fans or the dismay of the opposing crowd.

5. Sofar it is not that bad, winter has had a comeback, but it will be there. My allergies are luckily not so severe.

6. Prosciutto and Funghi or Fiorentina (Ham, Spinach and eggs) are my favourites. As I am a quarter Italian, no pineapples on my watch.

22 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's up Wranglers! We're going into the final games of the semis and it's really getting down to the wire here. Is your player amped or a little anxious?

2. As of this post no one's scored a hat trick yet in either series. What does that say about our competition?

4. Does your player prefer the cheers of the home crowd or thrive off the grief of the opposing team's fans at away games?

5. Spring is right around the corner! How are your allergies holding up? Texans are dying from all the pollen...

6. What toppings do you put on your pizza? Don't worry pineapple lovers, you're safe here.

1. Fired up like I haven't been before! Our goal is in reach, it's so close you can practically taste it. But we're focused, determined, and ready to grind our way to those final four victories.

2. It's the playoffs, every opponent here is tough. They're not going to just let someone score three goals in a game on them.

3. No, not at all. Just as determined as you are to win, are five other skaters equally determined to stop you.

4. The elation of the home crowd is something that you never, ever forget. The energy of all those fans can put you onto a whole new plane of performance because like hell are you going to let them all down!

5. It's definitely affecting everyone around here. Every kid seems to have the same cough, tissues are flying off the shelves... hurry up, spring!

6. Pepperoni all the way, although meat lovers is also an absolute banger.

On 3/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, Tetricide said:

there's always that anxiety a bit especially as a rookie but his run last season in San Diego helped him getting comfortable in those situation

They're just not on my level dawg. I could but I don't have enough time to take all the drug test after the games so I just notch my puck in once in a while 

it's always a skill issue tbf they just ain't worth sh*t

While the fans are always a big feeling that breath his heart he has always worked more with his mouth then his stick ( this sounds so wrong) so the deception on the small little kids in the stand when his favorite team gets scored on is a feeling so powerful that actually made him become a hockey player in the first place

Right around the corner :| I literally had a snow storm today :(. Well I don't have any allergies so no really

Don't listen to Tetricide pineapple lovers you are not safe here

Excuse the intrusion. Moscow's press department is still drunk after our exit. My player isn't amped, but will be watching the finals while wearing an old Vladimir Boomchenko Wranglers jersey.

While an exciting time for both the player and fans, a hatty shouldn't define success. 

Again, they are not to be expected often but maybe one of the Wranglers players can score a hatty in the deciding game!

As a South African playing for a Russian team, Voss is quite used to the opposition boos. Either situation is fine.

Just fine thank you. Pollen isn't an issue but I understand the frustration and difficulties that it can cause a lot of people.

Everything except olives...yes, even anchovies and occasionally the divisive tropical fruit

1. Lloyd is amped up! Going to the finals is thrilling and hopefully he's going to have a solid performance! 
2. No hat tricks so our opponents have played decently defensive but we have had some fantastic performances to outlast them!

3. We're just on top of our game at the moment. I wouldn't say it's a skill issue from the other teams as you have to be decent to make it this far.

4. Definitely loves the energy of the home fans. Calgary is known to show up for all of their home games and the energy can't be matched elsewhere. 

5. Terrible. Had a bout last week that had me out of commission for three days with sneezing. I hate sneezing so it drove me insane.

6. Yeah, I'm a fan of Hawaiian Cookout from a chain here. Bacon, ham and pineapple!

1. I answered all of these in my podcast so LETS GO and answer them again!! 
ALWAYS PUMPED AND AMPED UP. In the words of Phil Strasmore:

let-s-go-mad-muscle-dwayne-johnson-lauh1

2. This is more to do with the coaching and the organization of the defense. Credit to Seattle for trying to limit us, as one of the most offensive teams in the league

3. Definitely not a player skill issue. Our team, all of us, have been having an incredible playoffs and I think that is mostly in part why no one is scoring hat tricks. We aren't relying on just a couple of players to get the job done.

4.Both. for different reasons - I relish silencing a crowd after a big hit, fight, or scoring, however nothing can get you going than having 30,000 people behind you. 

5. Spring seems a very long way off up here. No allergies to deal with yet. All the best down south! 

6.potatoe, goats cheese, and bacon, topped with some herbs. Homemade pizza is the way to go!!

FOr longer answer, see my podcast!!

On 3/13/2023 at 12:22 PM, Tetricide said:

1. We won the chip baby, wohoooo!

2. It's very tight defensively. It is hard for anyone to get going and really take over a game.

3. I don't think it is a skill issue, it's just that every team is locked in and playing more defensively than they would be in the regular season.

4. He likes both but prefers the home crowd. He loves when the fans are hyped and going crazy.

5. Very excited for the snow to be gone! I'm lucky I don't have to deal with allergies.

6. I'm basic, so just a regular pepperoni pizza.

:cal: Calgary Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending March 26, 2023

1. What's up, CHAMPIONS?! That's right! The Calgary Wranglers are your season 87 Continental Cup Champions! How's it feel?!

2. Did you fear the 3-1 series curse?

3. How would you picture the way everyone celebrated the win after leaving the arena?

4. Congratulations everyone on the team. Every single one of you played an important role in each minute of every period, and it most certainly could not have been a win in the books without our GM @Ricer13!  His playbook strategies leading all the way up to the last game showed the strength, will, and tenacity of our players. Is he a wizard? (Feel free to leave some feel-good feedback here 😉)

5. Are we running it back, season 88?!

6. Do you enjoy any of Daft Punk's music?

5 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. What's up, CHAMPIONS?! That's right! The Calgary Wranglers are your season 87 Continental Cup Champions! How's it feel?!

3. How would you picture the way everyone celebrated the win after leaving the arena?

4. Congratulations everyone on the team. Every single one of you played an important role in each minute of every period, and it most certainly could not have been a win in the books without our GM @Ricer13!  His playbook strategies leading all the way up to the last game showed the strength, will, and tenacity of our players. Is he a wizard? (Feel free to leave some feel-good feedback here 😉)

1. Inexplicable feeling. I can only think about how the Calgary fans felt after this time without winning the cup. I'm proud to be part of the group that brought the title back to one of the most storied franchises in the league.

2. This group has been through so much. There was no curse holding us back after he went through the first round.

3. I'll have to go back and look at the videos. The city had an incredible vibe, and the arena was booming... I don't even remember leaving.

4. I believe Ricer is a very talented Muggle.

5. Hmmm... Yes!

6. One more time / One more time / One more time, we're gonna celebrate (...)

9 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. Still high on that ngl. We were robbed that last two years (of at least a deep run). 

2. Not really, I was confident that we will get this 4th win.

3. Well, DJ was flown to the clinic and the rest is kind of blurred lines memories.

4. Latest with the S83 Draft Masterclass he laid the foundation for this success (some would even say with the Alex Johnston deal).

5. Abso-fucking-lutely. AFAIK we can keep the core players and only have to make minor adjustments.

6. Sometimes, I am a daft punk myself. I am more on the Hard Rock side of things, so Daft Punk is not really my cup of tea (they are not bad, though).

On 3/22/2023 at 2:55 AM, Tetricide said:

1. Amazing, absolutely euphoric. I still don't feel like the high of winning the Cup has quite left us yet. Finishing what we started just felt so amazing.

2. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it!

3. The Cup made its way downtown, amongst our celebrating fans, and various delicious beverages were enjoyed from it.

4. Ricer did an absolutely phenomenal job. He had a vision, knew exactly who he needed to go with who he had, and what he did to make it all come together and culminate in a Continental Cup win was nothing short of magical. 

5. You better believe it! Our core returns and we're ready for anything the league will throw at us!

6. I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but at the same time, I don't mind listening to them either.

1. Great to add a Continental Cup to the trophy case! They alluded me for so long back when I first joined the league and I'm thrilled to win it with this group!

2. I think everyone thinks a collapse is possible when they see that lead but we kept out focus and powered through to the win.

3. Probably not sober lol. I imagine most of the players piled into someone's vehicle and either went back to someone's place or a bar to party it up. 

4. Absolutely a wizard for getting me back into the league! He convinced me to revive Lloyd and it led to a championship. Hard to believe this player is still useful and I hope I'll stick around for seasons to come.

5. Absolutely! The roster is mostly the same and I expect us only to get better!

6. Absolutely! Love some of their jams.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:55 AM, Tetricide said:

1. It feels great! Ready to run it back.

2. Well no lead in hockey is safe, but with the group we had, it would have been difficult for Davos to come back.

3. With a big parade and lots of beer.

4. Amazing work! 

5. 100%.

6. When they come on the radio it's a vibe!

Well I wouldn't know how it feels, as I'm on the cursed Russian franchise. But congratulations to a former team, well played this season.

2. Did you fear the 3-1 series curse?

Personally no, but I don't think I've ever seriously believed in that whole concept.

A lot of drunk hockey players riding rodeo horses around the streets of Calgary.

4. Congratulations everyone on the team. Every single one of you played an important role in each minute of every period, and it most certainly could not have been a win in the books without our GM @Ricer13!  His playbook strategies leading all the way up to the last game showed the strength, will, and tenacity of our players. Is he a wizard? (Feel free to leave some feel-good feedback here 😉)

Ricer is a good dude and deserves the title. He assembled a really nice team and obviously ran some good strats.

Possibly, but Voss will be trying his best to break this dumb Moscow run of form this time around.

Not particularly. I don't hate it, but I doubt that I could listen to them for an extended period of time.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:55 AM, Tetricide said:

1. I wasn’t apart of it but I am excited to have a chance to be apart of our next.

2. yes I do and it happens so much. 

3. they would celebrate cheer and have a parade down all of their home town 

4. I think that he is a wizard. 

5. yes we are and I think that we will win it back to back

6. Daft punk is way before my time but I definitely will check out his music. 

IT'S GREAT ! ROLLING ON THE COMPETITION 

I do not because I am not a Leafs fan

I would picture it a bit like Montreal after game 4 of the 2021 stanley cup final it was an incredible feeling coming out of the Centre Bell that game. Kucherov even trashed about it in his PC, 

4. Congratulations everyone on the team. Every single one of you played an important role in each minute of every period, and it most certainly could not have been a win in the books without our GM  Ricer13!  His playbook strategies leading all the way up to the last game showed the strength, will, and tenacity of our players. Is he a wizard? (Feel free to leave some feel-good feedback here 😉)

He is a wizard definitely he managed to get 3 of the 5 best forward on the same team and even sacrificied his career as a player by signing long term in Helsinki 

Yes, Yes and yes sophomore season is gonna be a repeat. The cap issues are gonna come after that season tho..... At least i'm locked long term

I don't really listen to them I know their most famous songs like the lyrical master piece that is Around the world

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week ending April 2, 2023

1. Our off-season games are in full swing! Are you participating as a player or GM in any of these? If so, how are they going?

2. Training Camp has also started! How's your player feeling getting back on that ice?

3. The S87 Awards have been announced. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday received the Daisuke Kanou Trophy, which is awarded to the Continental Cup Playoffs MVP! Phil Strasmore @Phil and Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877 were also nominees. Were there any surprises on any of the winners of the other categories?

4. What is your player working on during training camp and practices to up their game for the next season?

5. How is your NHL team looking as we near the end of the regular season?

6. What house chore do you hate doing the most?

13 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

1. Our off-season games are in full swing! Are you participating as a player or GM in any of these? If so, how are they going?

2. Training Camp has also started! How's your player feeling getting back on that ice?

3. The S87 Awards have been announced. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday received the Daisuke Kanou Trophy, which is awarded to the Continental Cup Playoffs MVP! Phil Strasmore @Phil and Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877 were also nominees. Were there any surprises on any of the winners of the other categories?

4. What is your player working on during training camp and practices to up their game for the next season?

1. I am part of Team Scheme in the ProAm tournament.

2. He never left. At his advanced age he cannot afford to get rusty. There two more 100+ points seasons in him.

3. DJ got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. No seriously I did not follow too closely except for the Kanou, which honestly everyone of the three nominees could have made it. I think picking Lindy was the right choice though.

4. Just battling the wear and tear I suppose.

5. Pens are MID at the moment, but the New Jersey Swiss Devils are in the playoffs already.

6. sheesh where to start? I guess vacuum cleaning.

3 hours ago, Tetricide said:

No I am not. Best thing I can do is focus on my training for the upcoming season. I don't want to risk an injury!!

Feels amazing but to be honest I never left the ice. Winning the Continental Cup was a dream of mine since the SUper Bowl chances were ripped out from under me. This, I can't imagine, feel worse than that! I am over the moon.

No, I think our other Wrangler winners were all expected to do well. The biggest surprise (and I am not just saying that) is Strasmore's playoff performance. That is fantastic. Our Rookie Larry, was a great surprise all season too

I am working a little bit on fine tuning my defense as well as honing my offense. I've settled into a good balance of defensive responsibility and physicality so I am just trying to help contribute a little more offensively. 

I support the Leafs, so it doesn't really matter now, does it?

I enjoy doing laundry and washing the dishes. I do not like vacuuming though. 

4 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. Oskar is participating in the ProAm as a member of the Skal and Bones, and it's going pretty well so far. It's a great way to stay in game shape all year round and get to play with guys you ordinarily wouldn't get to.

2. Haven't really left it! The pressure is on us now to repeat as Continental Cup champions, and I need to be even better than last year for that to happen. So far, I feel better than ever, and the best may indeed have been saved for last.

3. Winning the Daisuke Kanou Trophy was such a surreal experience. The entire team was great for that cup run, and to be named as the best of that incredible group is a tremendous honor. 

4. Fine-tuning everything, to be honest. I want to play the best season I've ever played in my life to go out on top as a back-to-back Continental Cup champion.

5. The Flyers are true mediocrity: too bad to make the playoffs, too good to land a top lottery pick. More of the same, I suppose.

6. Mowing the lawn. I have a push mower and quite a lot of ground to cover, so it's not an overly enjoyable experience.

5 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. ProAM I am doing... fine. Had some technical difficulties so should be getting better. JST is in process of restarting due to goofiness, but we should be in a much better position this time around.

2. I'm not sure, it's weird to be thinking about another season after the one we just had.

3. I wasn't surprised as I was present for the conversations, but I think Bouchard winning as many awards as they did wasn't traditional but certainly correct.

4. Just staying healthy, coming into the season ready to start scoring from the beginning.

5. They made the playoffs? So likely very bad.

6. Washing dishes, or taking out the compost. Food waste is one of the things that makes me immediately nauseous.

9 hours ago, Tetricide said:

1. Larry is participating in ProAm for the first time and I'm surprised at how well he is doing.

2. He is ready and is ready to take the next step in his VHL career.

3. No, not really. 

4. His shooting and offensive/defensive consistency.

5. Edmonton has been hot and is in a tight race for the pacific lead. I'm just hoping they can continue their success into the playoffs.

6. Living in Canada, I'd have to say shoveling. It does a number on the back and is just annoying to do.

1. Our off-season games are in full swing! Are you participating as a player or GM in any of these? If so, how are they going? I have no idea. Am I? Someone tell me.

2. Training Camp has also started! How's your player feeling getting back on that ice? Very fat. Oh wait that's me, not my player.

3. The S87 Awards have been announced. Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday received the Daisuke Kanou Trophy, which is awarded to the Continental Cup Playoffs MVP! Phil Strasmore @Phil and Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877 were also nominees. Were there any surprises on any of the winners of the other categories? Why wasn't Lattimer recognized for anything? I smell conspiracy

4. What is your player working on during training camp and practices to up their game for the next season? DC and stickhandling i think? Ask Jansen

5. How is your NHL team looking as we near the end of the regular season? Alright I guess. More obsessed wtih McDavid even though he's not on my team

6. What house chore do you hate doing the most? Scrubbing pots and pans by far, and also changing the sheets

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending April 9, 2023

1. What's up, Wranglers! Another week of off-season shenanigans (which has actually been exciting for me) and hopefully we'll be comin' out swingin' for the start of Season 88! What does your player miss most right now?

2. All drafts have been completed! Our GM @Ricer13 drafted goalie Merome Dilson @MexicanCow123, forward Mason Rice @Sawyer13, and forward Robert Boldy @The Goblin.  Welcome, future prospects! How do you feel about our picks? Future prospects -- How excited are you to play for Calgary when your time comes?

3. Were there any other exciting picks from the VHL, E, or M?

4. Merchandising has decided to make a bobblehead for your player! First 500 lucky fans on opening night will receive one. How is your player posing?

5. Are Swedish Fish in Sweden just fish?

6. Do you stay properly hydrated throughout the day?

1 hour ago, Tetricide said:

:cal: Calgary Wranglers Press Conference :cal:

Week Ending April 9, 2023

1. What's up, Wranglers! Another week of off-season shenanigans (which has actually been exciting for me) and hopefully we'll be comin' out swingin' for the start of Season 88! What does your player miss most right now?

2. All drafts have been completed! Our GM @Ricer13 drafted goalie Merome Dilson @MexicanCow123, forward Mason Rice @Sawyer13, and forward Robert Boldy @The Goblin.  Welcome, future prospects! How do you feel about our picks? Future prospects -- How excited are you to play for Calgary when your time comes?

3. Were there any other exciting picks from the VHL, E, or M?

4. Merchandising has decided to make a bobblehead for your player! First 500 lucky fans on opening night will receive one. How is your player posing?

5. Are Swedish Fish in Sweden just fish?

6. Do you stay properly hydrated throughout the day?

1. The comradrie with his fellow Wranglers.

2. With Merome we have certainly locked down a replacement for Lindbergh/Pedersen (depending on the earning pattern of the latter). Ricer continues to include first gen players, which can only benefit the league as a whole.

3. Jardy @JardyB10 went 1st overall in the E draft, as to be expected. I find it interesting that he declared to be a VHLE lifer on the other hand it seems to be a very Jardy thing to do.

4. Hockey stick in one hand, the Devil's Horns formed with the others, so it looks like he is headbanging.

5. No. They are called 'pastelfiskar' which means 'Pastel Fish'.

6. Some days I do, others not so much. I should pay more attention to this.