Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 10/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png
Press Conference for week ending October 15 2023

1. Of the four remaining teams, which one is winning the cup?

2. Jonny Elgar has finished his season in the VHLE and will be joining Calgary for next season. Will he make an impact as a competent back up goalie?

3. Rumour has it, Calgary is looking to add some high end veteran pieces to the line up. Is that a wise move or should they save their assets and be more patient on the rebuild?

4. If you could rebrand the Wranglers color scheme, what would you change it too?

5. Which ex-Wrangler do you miss having around the team?

6. Bungee Jumping, skydiving or neither?

1. Kind of a late answer but I’ll confidently go with Davos because I am living in my own world.

2. Oh absolutely, we are lucky to have him along.

3. As one of those hopefully high-end pieces, I advocate for myself.

4. I have to say midnight blue, with very light pale yellow accents. (davos stole purple)

5. I feel as if I would’ve enjoyed having Landon Wolanin around.

6. Skydiving sounds awesome.

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

Presser week ending October 22 2023

1. Off-season is in full swing and the Wranglers made a big trade with Riga. How do you feel about the move?

2. Who should the Wranglers draft with 4th OA?

3. GM Rice things rebuilding is boring. Is that fair?

4. A bunch of new prospects have moved up to the big club, who’s going to make the biggest impact?

5. What is your favourite dessert?

6. What dessert is the absolute worst?

image.png

1. Super excited to be coming over the Atlantic, will be fun environment here!

2. I think snagging Daniel’s player would be cool again.

3. Yeah, but simultaneously it is exciting.

4. Excited to see what Tuominen does this season.

5. I have to go with soft ice cream, or a creemee as we say in Vermont (and apparently nowhere else)

6. not a creme brulee fan

4 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Off-season is in full swing and the Wranglers made a big trade with Riga. How do you feel about the move?

4. A bunch of new prospects have moved up to the big club, who’s going to make the biggest impact?

image.png

1. Getting Sadie is huge. Always liked the content they created.

2. I am biased so plead the fifth. 

3. I would not say boring, but more like frustrating, as you need to be as bad as possible in order to efficiently rebuild. And who likes losing all the time?

4. I think Tuominen will have a lot of impact as a center.

5. Oh so many at the moment (seasonal) it is Vermicelles.

6. Anything with alcohol in it. Somehow I cannot enjoy them, they taste off for me.

21 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

image.png

1. It feels exciting, it's always good to bring in a major talent.

2. Whoever is the best available player remaining. 

3. It's definitely fair, losing a bunch gets old fast.

4. Tuominen will probably have the biggest impact.

5. New York style cheesecake and it's not even close

6. I'm really not a big pie fan at all. Fruit has no place in dessert. 

1. Off-season is in full swing and the Wranglers made a big trade with Riga. How do you feel about the move? - I love it. The club can't handle us anymore. 

2. Who should the Wranglers draft with 4th OA? I'm always a 'best available' kinda guy. Get the right culture fit, hard worker, let the coaches reinvent how we play together most optimally.

3. GM Rice things rebuilding is boring. Is that fair? Yes. Unless the team is bought in completley to a 2 season plan. Grow together. Lose together. Then win together.

4. A bunch of new prospects have moved up to the big club, who’s going to make the biggest impact? I'm not sure, i haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet and having them pay for my steak dinner. It will happen soon.

5. What is your favourite dessert? Applie pie a la mode? 

6. What dessert is the absolute worst? pudding sucks, sherbert sucks. anything banana. 

On 10/15/2023 at 10:17 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

image.png

1. I am loving all the moves going on. I'm happy to be on a team with Catia and Sadie! They will both be huge impacts for this team.

2. 4oa is gone but y'all are stuck with me now so I hope that's alright.

3. That is very fair. I'm used to Seattle always pushing for a winning season, it looks like Calgary is hopeful for that now or at least very soon, I'm very excited to see how things turn out.

4. The three Bulls alum! Tuominen, Goncalves and Block should all catch their stride quickly.

5. I'm honestly not a big sweets guy but I do love baked goods. Cookies, cupcakes, anything you throw in the oven I'll love.

6. Never been a fan of things with raisins or cranberries in it. Not sure why but just not my favourites.

On 10/16/2023 at 3:17 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

image.png

1. I'm extremely hyped about coming to the Wranglers honestly.
2. A bit late for this one, since we already got AJW player, Randy Bobandy, which is a great choice, in my opinion.
3. Completely fair, I'd say, I'm excited to see how things go for Calgary though.
4. I wanna say Tuominen and I, the latter being just because I'm biased.
5. I'm honestly not even sure what would it be, currently.
6. Hm I can only think of pudding right now.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:17 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

image.png

1) Excited for the new blood, looking forward to a competitive season! 
2) Janser (I know the draft already happened) would be an awesome legacy pick that would quickly make his way up to the big club and make an impact. 
3) Nah, rebuilding is part of the process, embrace it! Haha 

4) I think they all have the potential, excited to see who steps up!

5) cheesecake 

6) fruitcake! Haha 

image.png

Press Conference week ending Oct 29 2023

1. We have hired two AGMs in Daniel Janser and Leandro! Thoughts on the hirings and how are they fitting into the job so far?

2. Massive changes have happened to Calgary this off-season. Which move was the biggest?

3. Which player is going to have the most improvement from last season?

4. Which rookie has the best chance at RoTY? Tuomenin, Goncalves, Block or Elgar?

5. You have won a free vacation to Bali, but there is a catch! You must wake up at 6am for the first 4 days to attend a seminar on why chicken wings are better than chicken nuggets. The seminar lasts 5 hours each day and you’ll have 3 days of vacation time after all of the seminars are done. Do you still go?

6. You wake up in Bali on day 7 and are leaving after breakfast. What are you eating for breakfast in Bali before flying back home?

5 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. We have hired two AGMs in Daniel Janser and Leandro! Thoughts on the hirings and how are they fitting into the job so far?

2. Massive changes have happened to Calgary this off-season. Which move was the biggest?

4. Which rookie has the best chance at RoTY? Tuomenin, Goncalves, Block or Elgar?

5. You have won a free vacation to Bali, but there is a catch! You must wake up at 6am for the first 4 days to attend a seminar on why chicken wings are better than chicken nuggets. The seminar lasts 5 hours each day and you’ll have 3 days of vacation time after all of the seminars are done. Do you still go?

6. You wake up in Bali on day 7 and are leaving after breakfast. What are you eating for breakfast in Bali before flying back home?

1. Ricer has picked the right people (especially Janser) to make bad decisions. JK, am excited to still remain somewhat relevant in the CGY locker room.

2. Oh there are so many. The Gonçalves legacy to be continued, getting a second center, bringing AG (aka team pylon) back into the fold... the list goes on...

3. I think Rip Dub may have enhanced stats after a re-tool of their build.

4. I think this year we will have a four-way tie with these four players-

5. Going to Bali dozing off for five hours per day and then do whatever the heck I like (like dozing off even more)? Sign me up.

6. After four days of brain washing there can only be one answer: Chicken Wings

1. We have hired two AGMs in Daniel Janser and Leandro! Thoughts on the hirings and how are they fitting into the job so far? I can only speak to Janser but I am all but certain he is excellent.

2. Massive changes have happened to Calgary this off-season. Which move was the biggest? Well for me, personally, it was Calgary shipping my unsuspecting ass out the door. 

3. Which player is going to have the most improvement from last season? Hopefully it's Lattimer, just with another team.

4. Which rookie has the best chance at RoTY? Tuomenin, Goncalves, Block or Elgar? None of them if they are in my division because I'll help another rookie on another team win it. 

Snide remarks aside, very sad to have been shipped out of Calgary, and then another franchise within a day of that happening. My time in VHL is certainly coming to a rapid close.

5. You have won a free vacation to Bali, but there is a catch! You must wake up at 6am for the first 4 days to attend a seminar on why chicken wings are better than chicken nuggets. The seminar lasts 5 hours each day and you’ll have 3 days of vacation time after all of the seminars are done. Do you still go? yes of course. no brainer. 11AM - 12AM free everyday plus 3 free days on top of that, easy

6. You wake up in Bali on day 7 and are leaving after breakfast. What are you eating for breakfast in Bali before flying back home?  something very light so i don't have to take a shit in the lavatory 

On 10/24/2023 at 3:00 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Personally, I think Janser's gonna be a great value for us, Leandro on the other hand... 😬 kidding, I'm pretty hyped about both of them being Calgary's AGMs, 10/10 choice.
2. I might be biased in this one so I'll just plead the fifth.
3. Hmm maybe Rip Wheeler, or even Catia Goncalves.
4. It might be a close one, but if I had to pick one player I'd say Tuomenin.
5. Those 5 hours would be ABSOLUTELY painful for me, but still worth it at the end of the day so sign me up!
6. I'll just go with something that you can never go wrong with, pancakes.

image.png

Presser for week ending November 5 2023

1. What is your favourite part about a VHL off-season?

2. What is your least favourite part about a VHL off-season?

3. What has your player been up to this off-season?

4. The team is looking to adopt a “Team Dog” for next season. What type of dog should we adopt and what should we name it?

5. How is your favourite NHL team doing this season?

6. What’s one move you could make to help your favourite NHL team improve?

On 10/23/2023 at 7:00 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) Thrilled to have those two as AGM! Both Wrangler legends! Seems to be going great so far!

2) I think the additions, especially Oreo McFleury was a huge upgrade for the team! 
3) Rip! With a total overhaul with TPE distribution, Rip is ready to crush it this season! 
4) Goncalves has a great chance and is crushing TPE! 
5) 100%! Chicken wings are better than nuggets all day every day! Love to hear about it! Haha 

6) Two eggs over easy, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast. 

On 10/29/2023 at 3:16 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

4. The team is looking to adopt a “Team Dog” for next season. What type of dog should we adopt and what should we name it?

1. Probably getting to play side by side with some other people, plus the possibility of winning an off-season tournament too.
2. That's it's off-season.
3. Has been working harder than ever, but of course still enjoying life with friends and family.
4. A Galgo, because I can't take them seriously, just like everyone on the team... kidding, or am I?! And we should name it Patrick.
5. I'm not gonna lie, I don't really follow NHL.
6. "PUT ME IN COACH!"

On 10/29/2023 at 9:16 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. My favourite part of the VHL off-season is the WJC/WC because if I am selected, I get an early look at how I could improve my player. Tied with that is the Training Camp because I get me some sweet sweet TPE.

2. Waiting for the season to start. I mean, it's obviously not too long but I'm still very excited to get underway.

3. Raimo has been touring Calgary, getting used to the life, rented a room at Randy Bobandy's place, and even got to meet Jacques Lafontaine (more on that last one next week)

4. Raimo wants a Husky and wants to name it Harvey in reference to Harvey the Hound. He does not really understand that a Hound and Husky are not the same, but he's got the spirit.

5. Bad. I am a Flames fan. Good thing our team sucks because their losing will force the rebuild that management is too scared to do. Celebrini season!

6. Send down Oesterle and Hunt, call up Klapka and Zary.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:16 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. My favourite part of the off-season is seeing all the trades flying around the VHL. I love watching big names get moved and also just seeing how teams are building.

2. My least favourite part is definitely the wait. Obviously the league needs time between seasons but also obviously I want to play games.

3. Teaching @SlapshotWrangler what life in Canada is like. Raimo and Randy have been loving the time they get together just hanging out and being friends.

4. Get a border collie and name it Lasso.

5. I like the Jets, I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan but they're doing decent with a 4-3-2 record.

6. I would give all my players gifts and favors more often. Make them really love being in Winnipeg and know that we got their backs.

image.png

1. Probably the tournaments that take place

2. Waiting around for the next season to start

3. Traveling as much as he can and thinking about how he hopes to improve as a player

4. We should tame a legitimate wolf from the wild and simply name it Wrangler the Wolf

5. The Wings actually started off surprisingly hot but we'll see how long that lasts

6. Get on my knees and beg them to be better

image.png

Stacking those FAT TPE bonuses from my terrible predictions

Not getting those FAT TPE bonuses.

Hiding from Depreciation. It found me, but I'm playing the long game! 

Australian Sheppard named Hank the Cowdog.

Leafs suck. But Willy Nylander is on a 10-game point streak to start the season so that's franchise record-breaking! 

Change teams. 

On 10/29/2023 at 8:16 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) 10 TPE from training camp! Lol 

2) No games!

3) total revamping of Rips TPE allotment, hoping it works out!

4) A Great Dane. Looks like a damn horse! Wranglers! 
5) Kraken are underwhelming so far for sure. 
6) Trade for a scorer and a meathead to stick up for the kids!

image.png
Press Conference for week ending November 12th 2023

1. Calgary has gotten off to a rocky start! Why do you think that is?

2. The sim engine is being very weird this season. How surprising is it that Chicago is at the top of the league?

3. Which player has surprised you the most to start the season?

4. Leandro is Co-GMing with myself this season, how is he doing so far?

5. What’s the longest road trip you’ve been on and where did you go?

6. Tell me a good joke!

On 11/5/2023 at 8:57 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

2. The sim engine is being very weird this season. How surprising is it that Chicago is at the top of the league?

6. Tell me a good joke!

1. I would say it's to be expected coming off of a rebuild.

2. They only have one player over 571 TPE so it's pretty surprising that they're getting so much sim luck.

3. I haven't really necessarily been surprised by anyone with what I've seen so far.

4. I would say he is easily a top-2 GM on this team

5. Haven't done much traveling, but it takes about 7-8 hours to drive to my grandparents' house in Minnesota.

6. My current dating life

On 11/6/2023 at 1:57 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Tell me a good joke!

1. I mean, it's a rebuild so it's really not that surprising.
2. I honestly wasn't expecting it, but something tells me their luck is going to run out soon.
3. I don't think anyone has surprised me for now.
4. I'm not biased when I say he's doing great, he's honestly great at GMing.
5. Probably to Algarve, which is like 5 hours, but I was young so I don't remember much.
6. Why can't you explain puns to kleptomaniacs? They always take things literally.

On 11/5/2023 at 5:57 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Tell me a good joke!

1) rebuild SZN, bumps in the road before getting it going!

2) seems a bit off, but im still so new I don’t really know what’s Normal! Lol 

3) Rip, actually putting up some Numbers has been a pleasant surprise!

4) doing great! All the confidence with you to running The show!

5) my family used to drive for Seattle, WA to Albuquerque NM…24hrs straight…my dad who stop for gas, diet cokes and a double cheese burger only! Lol memories for sure! 
6) Grubauer in net for the Kraken! Hilarious! 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:57 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Tell me a good joke!

1. Coming off a rebuild season but thankfully we seem to have rebounded a bit. Helps that Raimo can actually somewhat contribute like once every two periods or so.

2. Very. I mean let's be honest, we were kind of expecting to be at the bottom of the barrel. The exact opposite has happened so I am really surprised.

3. Rip Wheeler was gonna have a great season regardless. But oh my goodness is it one great season right now. Blessed to be on his line.

4. Leandro has been an absolute W so far, great Co-GM so far!

5. Went on a month long road trip. Started from Alberta, went down to Stockton, then went to San Fran for a day. After that, we went back to Stockton. We followed that up by going to Los Angeles (and went to San Jose as well as the Orange County fair), then went to Las Vegas. We saw the hoover dam before going to Arizona to check out Anteloupe Canyon. We came back up and stayed in Salt Lake City for a night before making our way all the way back to Alberta. We actually got to a border crossing RIGHT AS IT CLOSED so there were a few extra hours of driving before we made it across the 24 hr border and then went back home.

6. Once, my father came home and found me in front of a roaring fire. That made him very mad, as we didn't have a fireplace.