Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

image.png
Press Conference for week ending Nov 19 2023

1. We are officially rolling now! How does it feel to be climbing up the standings?

2. McFleury is thriving on his new team, Are you surprised?

3. CoGM Goncalves has been producing the line ups this season. Do you have any suggestions for him?

4. What is our teams biggest weakness right now? How can we correct it?

5. Favourite board or card game?

6. What movie could you watch on repeat?

19 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. We are officially rolling now! How does it feel to be climbing up the standings?

3. CoGM Goncalves has been producing the line ups this season. Do you have any suggestions for him?

1. It feels GREAT, and seeing us way up there would be even greater.
2. Nah, he's showing how great he can be when given the opportunity.
3. Not really, I think his lineups are helping us improve and climb our way up already.
4. I'd say lack of chemistry, but we're getting better each game!
5. Card game would be UNO and board game, Cluedo.
6. Definitely, Mamma Mia!

1. We are officially rolling now! How does it feel to be climbing up the standings? I feel happy for Calgary while unhappy for Lattimer as I have no idea how the season is going. Guess I better look into it.

2. McFleury is thriving on his new team, Are you surprised? Perhaps, but he's a good player so I guess not.

3. CoGM Goncalves has been producing the line ups this season. Do you have any suggestions for him? Keep evolving. Never settle until you've found the optimal lineups.

4. What is our teams biggest weakness right now? How can we correct it? Not having Lattimer on the team.

5. Favourite board or card game? Settlers of Catan? I only play the basic version.

6. What movie could you watch on repeat? Tropic Thunder, Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings, the list is endless

On 11/13/2023 at 2:00 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) Good, long time coming, but I have faith in the boys running the show!

2) nope, not at all…the blizzard on steroids is gonna crush it this year!

3) Nope, love the direction the Wranglers are headed!

4) maybe some toughness?! More hits the better! Old time hockey!

5) Monopoly! 
6) Either the Rock or Happy Gilmore!

image.png

Presser week ending Nov 26 2023

1. Trade deadline is approaching, what move should Calgary be looking to make to improve?

2. What is your Recruitment theme week idea?

3. If the VHL contracted today, what 4 teams should be removed?

4. VHLE or VHLM and why?

5. What is your least favourite sport?

6. If you could be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you want to be a part of?

1. Trade deadline is approaching, what move should Calgary be looking to make to improve? Trade for Lattimer back. I'm ready for a championship run with my old team.

2. What is your Recruitment theme week idea? I'll talk about how there's been basically one person in the league who's 'recruited' me and how shitty my current coaching staff is in terms of engagement.

3. If the VHL contracted today, what 4 teams should be removed? Whichever team I'm currently on and then the historical 3 worst teams in the league?

4. VHLE or VHLM and why? I'm not sure to be honest. I don't really know the differences but I've enjoyed my time in any and all of the minor leagues.

5. What is your least favourite sport? I think lacrosse is the most worthless sport ever created maybe, at least among 'popular' north american sports currently

6. If you could be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you want to be a part of? cricket now that it's a part of the olympics

On 11/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Trade deadline is approaching, what move should Calgary be looking to make to improve?

4. VHLE or VHLM and why?

6. If you could be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you want to be a part of?

1. I don't really pay enough attention to the players on other teams to know who is good or anything like that, but I would say bringing in the good ones would be the most ideal strategy.

2. Talk about different ways to to go about recruiting people to VHL.

3. HC Davos, London, New York, and Moscow because I like their logos the least. 

4. Probably the VHLM, it's more fun to be in the very beginning stages of your player's career.

5. I would say golf, it's just never had any appeal for me.

6. Soccer for sure, I played soccer for a lot of years.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:28 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

4. VHLE or VHLM and why?

1) I think we’ve got a good thing going…good young taken. Solid goal tending. Let’s keep it going!

2) just talking shit about Scurvy and singing the praises of Ricer! lol 

3) Damn, that’s above my head..no idea. 
4) definitely the M…don’t hate the euro league…but for love for my roots in the M! 
5) Basketball…to much soft play and complaining. 
6) Hockey! Repping the Stars and Stripes!

image.png

Press Conference week ending December 3rd 2023

1. Trade deadline is about to pass and the Wranglers have remained as is. Do you feel a move was necessary or are you okay with seeing how things play out?

2. A big move is coming in the offseason, any guesses on what that might be?

3. The VHL Charity drive is starting soon, what foundation would you like to see them support?

4. What ideas do you have that would help the league raise money for charity?

5. It’s almost December, which means it’s almost Christmas. Do you enjoy the Christmas holidays?!

6. Which holiday is your favourite and why?

1. I think I'm okay with how things have played out

2. Big trade?

3. No idea.

4. People that make graphics for money donate it to charity.

5. Yes and on Saturday it is my birthday so best of both worlds.

6. Christmas it is just so fun and time to spend with the family.

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Trade deadline is about to pass and the Wranglers have remained as is. Do you feel a move was necessary or are you okay with seeing how things play out?

3. The VHL Charity drive is starting soon, what foundation would you like to see them support?

5. It’s almost December, which means it’s almost Christmas. Do you enjoy the Christmas holidays?!

On 11/27/2023 at 6:42 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I feel good about our squad and I am okay with seeing things play out. We have done solidly so far and we have a lot of potential as a team.

2. I have no idea. However, I can tell you that I am very excited to see what that might be. (My guess would be rebrand/GM???)

3. I would love to see them give money to Doctors Without Borders.

4. Maybe some more merch? Only real issue would be I wonder how many people would be interested.

5. I definitely enjoy the Christmas holidays; the family time is the most important to me and I also love being able to skate on the ODR with friends and fam.

6. My favourite holiday would probably have to be thanksgiving because I am a glutton.

1. Trade deadline is about to pass and the Wranglers have remained as is. Do you feel a move was necessary or are you okay with seeing how things play out? i prayed to God that the Wranglers would trade for Lattimer but alas, the deadline seems to have come and gone and I'm still on some shitty team with a shitty GM who's a fucking loser.

2. A big move is coming in the offseason, any guesses on what that might be? Hopefully it's trading back for Lattimer and letting him contribute to Wranglers success.

3. The VHL Charity drive is starting soon, what foundation would you like to see them support? Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. There are a dearth of male volunteers.

4. What ideas do you have that would help the league raise money for charity? Sending people Crumbl cookies, starting a meal train, something to that effect.

5. It’s almost December, which means it’s almost Christmas. Do you enjoy the Christmas holidays?! Mostly, can be stressful going to my partner's family's place for a number of days but normally it's good and I get to enjoy being a piece of shit.

6. Which holiday is your favourite and why? Thanksgiving ranks near the top of the list but the start of March Madness is my real favorite holiday.

On 11/27/2023 at 1:42 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Nah, I'm pretty satisfied with how things are playing out.
2. If I had to guess, a big trade will happen.
3. I feel like any charity would be a good one, so I'm fine with whatever.
4. Maybe some more merch or since we have some skilled people in the league maybe we could put that to use and make some money while at it.
5. I do enjoy 'em yes, although these last few years the hype has been gone a bit.
6. Probably Christmas, and I don't really know why, it's just the only holiday I've liked so much since I was little.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:42 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I'm pretty content to just let things play out as they are. 

2. Perhaps a big free agency signing. 

3. Something that fights world hunger 

4. Maybe selling some sort of VHL merch. 

5. Yes, it's a very enjoyable time of year. 

6. Christmas because I see everyone on both sides of my family. 

On 11/27/2023 at 5:42 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) I’m good with seeing things play out…I think we have a good young core. 
2) trade?! Hopefully Rips uptick in production this season has earned him a roster spot on the wranglers next season! lol 

3) Something to do with gold star families. 
4) pay for sim hockey fights against specific players…like Scurvy. 
5) Love Christmas, favorite time of the year! 
6) Christmas and Thanksgiving are tied! Lots of good food and tons of family time! 

image.png

Presser for week ending Dec 10 2023

1. We are holding on to a wildcard card spot at the moment. With 6 games left do we make it?

2. Maellard has the team lead in points but Wheeler is hot on their tail. Who finishes ahead?

3. How come we have underperformed all season?

4. If GM Ricer were to step down today, who would be your dream candidate to be the next GM of Calgary?

5. What is your favourite part about the VHL?

6. What other sim leagues are you apart of or have you tried and enjoyed?

4 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. We are holding on to a wildcard card spot at the moment. With 6 games left do we make it?

2. Maellard has the team lead in points but Wheeler is hot on their tail. Who finishes ahead?

4. If GM Ricer were to step down today, who would be your dream candidate to be the next GM of Calgary?

1. Yes, we will. I believe strongly in this squad and I do believe that we'll be able to fight our way in.

2. I'm going with Rip Wheeler but it's awesome to see Maellard developing into a great two-way D-man. Maellard also leads our team in SBs and is second in hits.

3. A whole bunch of new personnel (myself included) and still trying to find out who clicks best with who. We've been experimenting/figuring out who we are for a most of the season. No shame in it.

4. Leandro. It's natural and it's an awesome choice. I love having both Leandro and Ricer in management.

5. The community is awesome and it's really cool how we can build so many fun narratives and have so much fun with a sim hockey league.

6. N/A. I was considering trying some others but I don't really have the time for it. If I had the time though, it seems like it'd be super fun!

1. We are holding on to a wildcard card spot at the moment. With 6 games left do we make it? 100%. Well coached, well run, players who care. It all adds up to a playoff bid.

2. Maellard has the team lead in points but Wheeler is hot on their tail. Who finishes ahead? Maellard. He holds onto the lead.

3. How come we have underperformed all season? I view it less as underperformance, more about peaking at the right time. 

4. If GM Ricer were to step down today, who would be your dream candidate to be the next GM of Calgary? Janser unquestionably.

5. What is your favourite part about the VHL? I'll refrain from answering this question as I could retire at any given moment.

6. What other sim leagues are you apart of or have you tried and enjoyed? a couple others, not worth mentioning here. 

On 12/4/2023 at 5:34 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I think we make it to the playoffs.

2. I think wheeler will pull ahead. 

3. No idea.

4. I would probably pick Janser for gm next if ricer left. 

5. The community, It is just great.

6. This is the first sim league I have ever been in and I have been part of vhl for just about a year. For like 3 months I was ia because I had deleted the app but then I reinstalled it.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:34 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Yeah, we make it for sure.

2. I think Maellard will probably hold onto it.

3. We're still just in the process of figuring things out coming out of a rebuild. 

4. Leandro probably. I guess I'd love to see AJ as well if he were to make a GM comeback. 

5. Probably the convenience and ease of it, but still getting a fun experience without having to put in excessive amounts of effort. 

6. I'm not currently in any others but I used to be in SHL, a baseball one, and a short-lived sim lacrosse league. 

On 12/4/2023 at 5:34 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1)  I think we make it. Hard work and dedication!

2) I don’t think Rip closes the gap. 
3) some subpar performances feom

Rip! 
4) nooooo! Ricer is legit! Hopefully that’s not a real question!

5) Just trying to make my player better….and the daily locker room banter. 

6) none, VHL is it.

:cal: Wranglers Press Conference :oldcgy:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. This week, we woke up to news about the impending retirement of our long-standing GM, Kris Rice. What's your favorite moment with him?

2. We will also say goodbye to AirRig GoodBrandSun, a player drafted by us in S83 who came back for his last season with us. How good is it to have such an experienced player with us?

2. Of course, we struggled heavily this season. What do you think went wrong?

4. What are your plans for this off-season?

5. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup?

6. Do you think ghosts make any sound?

Player Ping

. This week, we woke up to news about the impending retirement of our long-standing GM, Kris Rice. What's your favorite moment with him? I wasn't aware and am sad. I cannot answer this question while I reel from the news.

2. We will also say goodbye to AirRig GoodBrandSun, a player drafted by us in S83 who came back for his last season with us. How good is it to have such an experienced player with us? Some things money can't buy. This is one of them.

2. Of course, we struggled heavily this season. What do you think went wrong? Guys just not buying in. Eveeryone has to look inward.

4. What are your plans for this off-season? Wait to see where I get traded. Or retire.

5. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup? No clue, don't even know what that is.

6. Do you think ghosts make any sound? Definitely. I've seen them. They're scary.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:28 AM, leandrofg said:

:cal: Wranglers Press Conference :oldcgy:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. This week, we woke up to news about the impending retirement of our long-standing GM, Kris Rice. What's your favorite moment with him?

2. We will also say goodbye to AirRig GoodBrandSun, a player drafted by us in S83 who came back for his last season with us. How good is it to have such an experienced player with us?

2. Of course, we struggled heavily this season. What do you think went wrong?

4. What are your plans for this off-season?

5. Who do you think will win the Continental Cup?

6. Do you think ghosts make any sound?

Player Ping

1. There are so many. Probably shortly after I have been drafted into the Wranglers and I asked him for a sig. He told me it might take some days as he had a busy schedule. I woke up to brand spanking new sig the other day.

2. How can one rate to have the bestest team pylon on his squad?

3. For some unexplicable reason, we were not able to score enough.

4. Finally skating is in the cards for my player and maybe some PH as well.

5. Probably Helstinki, as they were rebuilding long enough now.

6. I afraid no ghost, Who you gonna call? I think they should make sounds, how else are they getting noticed?