Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

image.png

PRESSER WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 1 2023

1. The season is nearing its end, what can you look back on and reflect as a positive for this season?

2. Rip Wheeler is 20 hits behind Mo Probert for the league lead. With 6 games left, does he catch him!?

3. Who wins the Victory Cup as the team with the best regular season record? Toronto (100), Prague (97), or Davos (96)?

4. Warsaw wins the tank war and will have the highest odds at 1st OA. Are you disappointed that Calgary couldn’t get the job done?

5. Who’s your favourite superhero and why?

6. If you could try any food, from any country, that you’ve never had before, what would you try?

Crashing your PC

1. the fact that Rip doubled his scoring.   He still disappoints with TPE

earning but much better

2. I hope so.   Mo is a hitting machine tho

3.  Toronto is unstoppable 

4. no.  I hate tanking but I get it

5. Blade.   Bad ass sword 

6. caviar.   Not sure why.  Seems like something weird to try 

best of Luck Calgary!   Demote Rip to minors.  😂😂😂😂

16 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

PRESSER WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 1 2023

1. The season is nearing its end, what can you look back on and reflect as a positive for this season?

2. Rip Wheeler is 20 hits behind Mo Probert for the league lead. With 6 games left, does he catch him!?

3. Who wins the Victory Cup as the team with the best regular season record? Toronto (100), Prague (97), or Davos (96)?

4. Warsaw wins the tank war and will have the highest odds at 1st OA. Are you disappointed that Calgary couldn’t get the job done?

6. If you could try any food, from any country, that you’ve never had before, what would you try?

1. We made some good trades and have some good picks going into the next season.

2. It is going to be close but I think Rip can do it.

3. A good race. I think Toronto has the edge.

4. A little. We have good pool ot prospects and picks.

5. I have been on a Spiderman kick as of recently.

6. I would like to try Onigiri because it come up in Japanese media and seems like a tasty snack.

1. Lattimer contributed, and was hopefully a net positive for the team. Hopefully I've inspired team leadership to trust that I'm committed to this Calgary cause.

2. He doesn't, unfortunately. Rip is going to go RIP between now and then.

3. Toronto, best team, most consistent, no reason they'd falter now.

4. I'm not disappointed, we have pride and I'm happy the coaches didn't ask us to tank. It means we'll be even hungrier next season to get back on top.

5. Not sure, maybe Batman because he's just a man. Always loved Cyclops.

6. Jamaican. Not just a jerk chicken recipe. But the stuff that dude made on that 5 star food show on Netflix.

On 9/17/2023 at 6:43 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

Press Conference for week ending September 23rd 2023

1. We are sitting in a nice spot and will likely grab a top 5 pick in this draft. Are you a believer in drafting best player available or positional need?

2. Things are rather quiet in Calgary right now. A lot of inactives mixed with a few active players. What is a good way to boost activity in a locker room?

3. Does your player shoot right or left? What type of stick are they rocking?

4. Calgary wants to have a 50/50 night with the proceeds going towards a foundation. What foundation do you think we should support?

5. You’ve taken a puck to the head and wake up at the hospital, having amnesia!! Over time you realize you’re horrible at hockey but are somehow amazing at another sport!?!? What sport is it?

6. Have you ever done a race similar to a Spartan Race or ever ran for a cause? Tell me about that experience. 

1) Best player available for sure!

2) Weekly questions or prompts?

3) Right. Easton Z Grip. 
4) Fallen Officers Memorial Fund. 
5) Crushing it as left handed baseball pitcher. 
6) have not. Done the rock and roll half marathon. But that’s it. 

image.png

PRESSER for week ending Oct 8 2023!

1. The season is over, what are your players plans for this long off-season?

2. What are you expectations for Calgary next season?

3. Who is the favourite to win the Cup?

4. Which prospect are most excited to see join the Wranglers next season?

5. Home made pizza, what are your toppings of choice?

6. What toppings are forbidden on your pizza?

2 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

Wanted to stop by!

1. Landon Wolanin is almost in building mode again! Hoping to learn from the greats and find the best way to dominate this coming season!
2. I imagine it'll be much of the same, but with a ton more hope after what should be a masterclass of a draft by Ricer!
3. I imagine Toronto is, but I wouldn't count out Davos or Vancouver either.
4. CGY Janser. But for real Shubham Anand!
5. Red Onions, some nice bell peppers, bacon, ham and a boatload of cheese!
6. Olives. I want to like them so badly but they're just so overwhelmingly bad. Makes me sad.

Lots of love Calgary!

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. After the playoffs (which we will hopefully be on top), the plan is to decide which aspects of Raimo's game he should train in (i.e, spend TPE on).

2. My expectations for Calgary is to be a rising team with young players. I definitely feel that we will have the personnel to make a statement. I think we are all hyped for what these next seasons have in store for us.

3. Gonna have to go with Vancouver here. They have had a real good team for a good while.

4. Myself; I'm excited to see how Raimo will fare in the big leagues. Another prospect I am excited to see is Shubham Anand! Hope we can play a lot of games together in these jerseys.

5. My toppings of choice (outside of meats) would be olives and green peppers! I think they're neat.

6. PINEAPPLES....  are fine by me. Hawaiian pizza is fine. But if anybody does what my middle school band did, I will riot. What did they do? They put chocolate ice cream on barbecue pizza. Ew.

5. Home made pizza, what are your toppings of choice?

1. My players plan is to get as good as possible in the off season.

2. To make it to the playoffs.

3. It looks like Davous will win it once again.

4. I’m most excited to see Raimo Tuomenin.

5. My topping would be chicken, cheese, pepperoni, and black olives.

6. The topping that are forbidden on pizza is pineapples and onions. 

11 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Fly over to the Isle of Speed and check up on Mom. 

2. Improvement. Maybe close to .500.

3. I am going with Vancouver.

4. Myself. I have spent a year down in the E to get ready. Can't wait to see what I can do.

5. Chicken, ranch and nacho cheese. A delicious combination.

6. Pineapple. I dislike that fruit in general. No just on pizza

16 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Still in the competition. But playing the WJC one more time and developing some offensive skills.

2. Certainly to be better than this year.

3. I have not really paid attention but davos looks solid.

4. Anand and tuomainen both look interesting.

5. I always like prosciutto funghi but also spinach, egg and bacon.

6. As my mother's side is from Italy, pineapple is a crime.

1. The season is over, what are your players plans for this long off-season? Keep earning, keep working, get ready for next season. Enjoy time with my partner and my dogs.

2. What are you expectations for Calgary next season? Win the whole. Fucking. Thing.

3. Who is the favourite to win the Cup? If it ain't us...the Dynamo. I like them. I also know nothing about them.

4. Which prospect are most excited to see join the Wranglers next season? I still consider myself a prospect so I have to keep earning my playing time and growing on and off the ice.

5. Home made pizza, what are your toppings of choice? Sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, oregano, crushed red peppers.

6. What toppings are forbidden on your pizza? Mushrooms, Olives.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:51 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

Hide from depreciation. I think it's working. 

Mid-table. We will have a bunch of young'uns up and maybe even acquire some old bags, so we'll only be semi-useless :P

Western Europe of course! Cover Stras in Gold please! 

I think Johnny Boy. He's been pretty active in the lockeroom since coming here and it will be nice to see him in the big leagues, even as a backup. 

Literally making this tonight. I'll just be doing a classic pepperoni pizza, but choice would be potatoes, chives, and goat cheese yo! 

Nutella. Lol. No such thing as a dessert pizza. 

On 10/2/2023 at 5:51 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) get back on track with earning TPE. 
2) another big step forward points wise and taking the hit leader crown at the end of the season. 
3) Davos seems like a solid bet. 
4) Anand! Excited to play with the new crop of players! 
5) Alllll the meats! 
6) Fruit, never ever should be on a pizza! 

image.png
Press Conference for week ending October 15 2023

1. Of the four remaining teams, which one is winning the cup?

2. Jonny Elgar has finished his season in the VHLE and will be joining Calgary for next season. Will he make an impact as a competent back up goalie?

3. Rumour has it, Calgary is looking to add some high end veteran pieces to the line up. Is that a wise move or should they save their assets and be more patient on the rebuild?

4. If you could rebrand the Wranglers color scheme, what would you change it too?

5. Which ex-Wrangler do you miss having around the team?

6. Bungee Jumping, skydiving or neither?

25 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

2. Jonny Elgar has finished his season in the VHLE and will be joining Calgary for next season. Will he make an impact as a competent back up goalie?

3. Rumour has it, Calgary is looking to add some high end veteran pieces to the line up. Is that a wise move or should they save their assets and be more patient on the rebuild?

4. If you could rebrand the Wranglers color scheme, what would you change it too?

1. I think I bet on Davos so I am going to say 'Ronto (so Phil and Leandro have at least some Toronto success in their life times).

2. Of course. Stealing the odd game and providing a better than bot backup is essential.

3. Luckily that is not my decision to make, but having witnessed the excruciating rebuilds of Toronto and Helsinki, I tend to a more 'rip the band aid off' attitude. Besides allegedly Boga and The Frenchman are testing FA. Maybe we can have it both?

4. That is Heresy.

5. I would say Doomsday, Jacob and Leandro, but they hang around enough to not be missed overly (and I mean that in the best possible way)

6. I never understood why people would evacuate a perfectly airworthy airplane or jump from bridges just to be yoinked fractions of seconds before impact. If you want your joints blasted, do it the old fashioned way and play hockey. So neither.

10 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I'm going with the Phantoms

2. Oh yeah, I'm sure he'll snag some wins. 

3. I think brining in a couple of vets at this point couldn't hurt anything.

4. I'm a huge fan of the current color scheme but maybe changing the red to blue could work as well.

5. I don't think I've been around enough to really know any ex-Wranglers.

6. I think I would probably rather skydive than bungee jump. 

1. Of the four remaining teams, which one is winning the cup? I firmly believe it is the worst of the remaining 4. They have that burning fire, like Rocky during the training montage of Rock IV. They won't be denied.

2. Jonny Elgar has finished his season in the VHLE and will be joining Calgary for next season. Will he make an impact as a competent back up goalie? Absolutely. Reinforcements are on the way. I can't wait to watch him and go against him in practice.

3. Rumour has it, Calgary is looking to add some high end veteran pieces to the line up. Is that a wise move or should they save their assets and be more patient on the rebuild? At some point you have to move out of 'rebuild.' I think signaling to the younger guys that we're moving out of that phase will help them with confidence and inspire them to be the best version of themselves, thus accelerating the rebuild.

4. If you could rebrand the Wranglers color scheme, what would you change it too? Green and blue

5. Which ex-Wrangler do you miss having around the team? I'm not sure, I think I'm still good connect with the alumni as they're active in the LR and on Discord. So I"m not missing much.

6. Bungee Jumping, skydiving or neither? Skydiving I'd think but I've tried neither and not sure if I ever will.

image.png

Presser week ending October 22 2023

1. Off-season is in full swing and the Wranglers made a big trade with Riga. How do you feel about the move?

2. Who should the Wranglers draft with 4th OA?

3. GM Rice things rebuilding is boring. Is that fair?

4. A bunch of new prospects have moved up to the big club, who’s going to make the biggest impact?

5. What is your favourite dessert?

6. What dessert is the absolute worst?

image.png

Edited by Ricer13

Answers 

1. I think that the Prague Phantoms are going to win the cup this year.

2. I would say yes because a human goalie is always better than a bot Goalie.

3. I believe that it could be a good move for the team but I think there is a chance that it could hurt them in the long run.

4. I think that gold with purple and grey would be a cool color scheme.

5. I miss Nathan Perry @tinafrombobsburgersthat played in the wranglers.

6. I would love to go skydiving because it would be the coolest to dive down without a parachute and just have fun in the air.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:41 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) Prague 

2) Most definitely! Happy to have him on the squad! 
3) I think a few solid additions along with the young core and solid goal tending could lead to a playoff birth! 
4) no change, love it how it is. 
5) LEANDRO 

6) Neither, heights are not my thing!