Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

image.png.2e081f98548623d4c2567b789b7364

1. Calgary is on a roll, how are we going to catch LA?

2. How important is it to get the Victory Cup?

3. Is your player a regular season guy, or do they only really perform in the playoffs?

4. Which is the best podcast you have listened to (or if you did not, what was the best Graphic/Article you have seen)?

5. What is your favourite pet and why?

6. What is your favourite actor/actress and what movie convinced you of their skills?

22 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

3. Is your player a regular season guy, or do they only really perform in the playoffs?

4. Which is the best podcast you have listened to (or if you did not, what was the best Graphic/Article you have seen)?

6. What is your favourite actor/actress and what movie convinced you of their skills?

1) keep stacking double dubs! 
2) we have the momentum, so I think it’s definitely the goal at this point. 
3) Rip has definitely had a successful season at this point…but he’s gonna have a little something cooked up for the playoffs. 
4) Sharkies one (I think) podcast. 
5) Dog, mans best friend! Unconditional love and excitement. 
6) Tom Cruise, Top Gun…old and the new one!

On 2/2/2024 at 4:11 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. All we can really do is keep winning and put the pressure on them to keep winning as well if they want to stay ahead of us.

2. It's not the most important thing in the world but it's certainly something good to aim for.

3. I'm more of just a role player in general but in my career I think I've been more productive in the regular season than the playoffs.

4. I honestly haven't explored much content of any kind.

5. Dogs are the best pets, they are perfect in every way.

6. I've always been a Josh Hutcherson fan, I remember really liking Bridge to Teribithia back in the day. I don't watch many movies in general though.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:11 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. By winning our next matches, a bonus if they lose theirs
2. I'd say it's pretty important, especially when we're so close now
3. A regular-season kinda gal
4. The best graphics I've seen are 100% from @Steve, amazing work, always!
5. Since I have two cats, I feel like I'm biased to 'em right now.
6. Oof right now, I'd say Melissa McCarthy, I love her acting especially in "The Heat", she's hilarious!

1. If we exclude Calgary, which team do you think will win the cup and why?

2. What is your favourite 1st Gen Experience?

3. Who do you think will be rookie of the year?

4. What is your players most obscure pastime and how did they pick it up?

5. Name one celebrity you looked up to as a child and explain why?

6. If a Jinn gave you only one wish, what would it be?

On 2/9/2024 at 10:23 AM, Daniel Janser said:

1) Malmo, they got a squad for sure! 
2) actually be productive and helping the team get some subs! 
3) Ironhide, just been crushing it this season!

4) Curshing whiskey and coors…lotsa long days on the Dutton ranch. 
5) The Undertaker…WWF…he was unstoppable…how can you kill someone who is already dead?!?

6) World peace. 

On 2/9/2024 at 1:23 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. Probably Malmo, they win a lot of games.

2. Getting scouted and drafted for the first time.

3. Ironhide is probably the clearcut favorite to win it. 

4. Birding and bird photography, his dad got him into it as a kid.

5. Lionel Messi, I always dreamed of being a pro soccer player.

6. I would wish for an end to world hunger.

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

--

1. We're at the end of the regular season. What's your takeaway about the team so far?

2. 12 Wins and you'll be a Continental Cup Champion. Are you optimistic about our chances?

3. How do you see the North American Conference panning out?

4. How do you see the European Conference panning out?

5. What's your individual objective for the playoffs?

6. Who has been our MVP so far?

--

Player Ping

5 hours ago, leandrofg said:

--

1. We're at the end of the regular season. What's your takeaway about the team so far?

2. 12 Wins and you'll be a Continental Cup Champion. Are you optimistic about our chances?

--

Player Ping

1. This team's strength lies in its depth. We also have arguably the best tandem in the league right now. The mix of veterans and dedicated young players that make up the ranks in the skaters have created a shot-hungry and hardworking team. I love it.

2. I don't want to jinx our chances, being as superstitious as I am. However, I believe that as we take it one series at a time, success will come. I'm feeling good.

3. Well, the standings have already been finalized but I have always believed in this squad placing high. But wow, to tie first in the NA Conference with the LA Stars after their hot streaks was not something I saw coming. I am very proud of this group.

4. Malmo is gonna be hot going into the playoffs. Congrats to them because what a season they have had and congrats to them for getting first place overall. They have such a strong squad.

5. Win the cup. Straight up. Forget my individual stats, forget what goals I want to do. My goal is to win the cup with this squad and make sure Raimo helps the rest of the team with the push.

6. Merome Dilson. My goodness. What a goaltender. I think Dilson has been insane. We also have Jonny as a backup too. Like I said earlier, we have the best tandem in the league with Dilson spearheading it.

On 2/15/2024 at 2:16 AM, leandrofg said:

--

--

Player Ping

1) Solid two way team with amazing goaltending. Winning close games with solid D and a championship caliber goaltending tandem. 
2) Yes, it will likely come down to goaltending and I’ve got all the faith in the world in our guys. 
3) Wranglers and gonna be Wrangling! 
4) I think Malmo is the favorite, but it’s the playoffs…anything can happen! 
5) continue with a point per game average and contribute to the team however I can. 
6) Dilson, absolute stud between the pipes. 

--

1. Down 3-1 in our series. What's missing?

2. How confident are you that we can turn things around?

3. The Wildcard London United just swept the Victory Cup winners. How crazy is that?

4. DC is up 3-1 in their series. Who will be the winner of that series?

5. Are you following any other teams around the league?

6. What’s your favorite cheesy joke?

--

Player Ping

On 2/20/2024 at 7:30 AM, leandrofg said:

--

The W. Playing well enough for it. Just need the W.

3. The Wildcard London United just swept the Victory Cup winners. How crazy is that?

Talked about it on my Podcast today. It's nuts. Malmo were so dominant during the regular season!

Helsinki. Have always loved the team and Currently Rooting for Ricer hah.

--

Player Ping

On 2/20/2024 at 4:30 AM, leandrofg said:

--

2. How confident are you that we can turn things around?

4. DC is up 3-1 in their series. Who will be the winner of that series?

6. What’s your favorite cheesy joke?

--

Player Ping

1) I think just some bad luck, we’ll get back on track. Minor setback for a major comeback! 
2) we got this! Wranglers are gonna wrangle! 
3) Anything can happen once you get to the playoffs! 
4) DC will finish it out, they have a strong team and will win it in 6. 
5) negative. 
6) probably nacho…who? Nacho cheese! 

• 2 weeks later...

1. The NA conference defended the Continental Cup. Explain why this is a good/bad thing.

2. Why do you think the Dragons were victorious?

3. Are you participating in any offseason Tournaments? If yes which ones and if no, why did you not sign up for the ProAm?

4. Next season will be CGY die hard Strasmore's last season. How does your player say goodbye to this legend?

5. What was your favourite subject in primary school and why?

6. If someone offered you to stay for two months in a loghouse in the wilderness for free with everything provided for except Wifi/Television would you do it? Elaborate why/why not.

14 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

1. The NA conference defended the Continental Cup. Explain why this is a good/bad thing.

2. Why do you think the Dragons were victorious?

3. Are you participating in any offseason Tournaments? If yes which ones and if no, why did you not sign up for the ProAm?

4. Next season will be CGY die hard Strasmore's last season. How does your player say goodbye to this legend?

5. What was your favourite subject in primary school and why?

6. If someone offered you to stay for two months in a loghouse in the wilderness for free with everything provided for except Wifi/Television would you do it? Elaborate why/why not.

1) keeps the cup on our conference! And gives us a chance to smack the defending champs more often next season. 
2) hard work and dedication. 
3) no, real life is getting in the way of my victory life. 
4) Zyns during warm ups and coors lights and whiskey after the game. Philly is a LEGEND! 
5) PE, school wasn’t really my thing. 
6) I’m in, self reflection and campfires/whiskey. 

1. What advice do you have for our freshly drafted Young Bucks? If you are one of the draftees what do you wish to tell your team mates?

2. Calgary needs to bolster its roster. If cap wasn't an issue, which player would you sign and why?

3. Last season we lost as best NA team against the Legion who needed to go via the wild card round. What do we need to do, to not repeat an early out in the post-season?

4. Do you pay attention to mock drafts? Why/Why not?

5. Which is the saddest NHL franchise and why is it the Maple Leafs?

6. What was the most remarkable hockey-related event in your life so far?

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

1. What advice do you have for our freshly drafted Young Bucks? If you are one of the draftees what do you wish to tell your team mates?

2. Calgary needs to bolster its roster. If cap wasn't an issue, which player would you sign and why?

3. Last season we lost as best NA team against the Legion who needed to go via the wild card round. What do we need to do, to not repeat an early out in the post-season?

1) Stay consistent with earning TPE and if you have questions on how to make your build better, ask some of the legends in the locker room. 
2) I haven’t followed who’s available close enough, but trust our GM to make the best moves to get us to the next level. 
3) it’s hard to say, I felt we were set going into the playoffs, sometimes that just how it does. 
4) No, unfortunately my real life gets in the way of being more in tune with happenings around the league. 
5) I’d say penguins are pretty sad…wasting another year of Crosbys career is pretty shitty. 
6) Attending the 2024 Winter classic in Seattle!

2 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Crashing y'alls PC 

1.  I would say get over the intimidation that you feel early in the league. Ask questions and earn TPE early to get the hang of it.

2. Well, Id say Henry Eagles.  He's a stud and would be a great addition to the studs already on the CGY Roster

3. Trade Rip Wheeler @ScottyPfor a used puck bag.  haha.  Nah, I think CGY loss was flukey. You had the better club for sure.  I think a maybe some depth pieces might help but your stars are already beasts.

4. I do.  I think the draft is one of the most fun times in the VHL.  Like to see who is who, especially the first gens

5. I'd have to say Arizona is just a mess.  Despite re-tooling from their inception they can never seem to be better than shitty.  Ive been to games in AZ to watch them and I just down think they have a future in Arizona.   The MapleLeafs disappoint me too.  Despite having the most expensive top 4 in the league they never seem to put it together in playoffs. 

6. Attending two Memorial Cups 

8 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

1. Since I was just drafted I will strive to keep earning and become a solid player on the team

2.I havent had the time to look at players in the league so I really dont know

3.I think that series was just not in the cards for us, sometimes players get cold at the wrong time

4.Nope, didnt want anyone trying to predict where I was going to get drafted

5.i mean 1967 speaks for itself doesnt it

6. The Montreal Canadiens 2021 Cup run

11 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

put in the work but most importantly just be consistent. You don’t have to be the best, but if you show up with effort and a positive mindset all the time, you’ll see the results you want 

I’d sign Dixon because not only is he a terrific player @Ricer13 is a friend and family member here. 

convince all our roster players to put TPE into leadership. It works, people!!

I usually read the VHL magazine (or these days the VSN) one just to familiarize myself with who’s in the draft, 

It’s the Leafs because they have ridiculous fans and they are the meme of the nhl because they cannot perform in the playoffs.

seeing Mats Sundin’s Xmas Turkey, or him handing me the puck through the glass at an open practice. 

1. Miner won't be joining the big club for the upcoming season, one year in the E first.

2. I like to fill up the roster, not one player would be enough

3. We need more leadership

4. Nope, because miner is a special case

5. they have the longest drought?

6. I can't skate?

20 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

1. As a new draftee and Calgary prospect, I'm going to try my best to impress and improve my player in ways that'll hopefully help out in some way or another further down the line.

2. I don't have a specific player in mind (I don't know many if any lol), but if I were to go out and look I'd probably pick a player that can add depth, maybe someone that can add that edge that would make Calgary better than the rest. 

3. Sometimes players just fumble or the odds are against them, if I were to guess maybe we were lacking in depth compared to the other team.

4. I do! I like to see what other people think when it comes to where certain players will be placed in upcoming drafts. & it gives me a chance to learn about other peoples players.

5. Because they're all blue, not just blue but blue, I'd be sad too if I had so much talent on my team but couldn't win a cu- (jkjk)

6. I haven't played hockey before or been to a game yet, I do have plans to save up and go to one eventually though. However, when I was younger, Ryan Smyth (if my memory serves correctly) and two other Oilers players came to my school and I managed to get them to sign my lil Oilers jersey. I still have the jersey, but lil me didn't know a thing about signature preservation so the signatures are faded but still readable! I'm so fond of that memory :')

Edited by Peiffy
I forgot this wasn't discord and put * around words :p

1. The begin of a new season is here. What are the goals for your player?

2. What did your player pass his off-season with?

3. If you are participating in the VHFL, what positions do you tend to pick first and why? If you are not, what would your draft strategy be if you were?

4. Has our resident methusalem Phil Strasmore a shot at the HOF? Or is he more of a candidate for Gustav's 'Hall of not bad'? Elaborate your judgement.

5. I have been on Amusement Park over the weekend. What kind of ride do you like most?

6. What is your favourite amusement park food and why? 

--

1. We're about to start Season 93. How was your off-season?

2. How are you feeling about the new season?

3. The team went through deep changes. How do you feel about the team's activity in the offseason?

4. The team had a great draft. How do you feel about this class?

5. What's your personal goal for the season?

6. If you could only eat one type of sandwich for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?

--

Player Ping

3 hours ago, leandrofg said:

--

1. We're about to start Season 93. How was your off-season?

2. How are you feeling about the new season?

3. The team went through deep changes. How do you feel about the team's activity in the offseason?

4. The team had a great draft. How do you feel about this class?

5. What's your personal goal for the season?

6. If you could only eat one type of sandwich for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?

--

Player Ping

1. My off-season was good, I played in multiple tournament to keep busy

2. Im feeling good about the new season, although still in the M i feel I will have a strong season

3. I feel like we had a really good draft and will still have a good team this coming season

4.i was a part of it so i think it was really good

5. My personal goal is to keep earning a steady amount of TPE 

6. Turkey and Cheese, mine are the best