Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1)      Two games remain in the season. Philly sits in the final playoff spot with a 1-point lead over Miami, who has a game in hand. Who’s making the playoffs?

Philly will find a way!

2)      Defensemen Bob Tristan and Shawn Andrei Zyuzin got 1st stars in recent games. Why do you think we’ve had an increase in points from our defense?

Working together more, we didn't have much time to work together but now I think it is all starting to come together at the right moments.

3)      Forward Justin Lose leads the team with 0.88 points per 20 minutes played. Why is he able to score so consistently?

He is a solid player who fit in right away.

4)      Do you prefer to play home games or away games? How come?

I have no preferences, I just go out and play.

5)      The Reapers recently installed a “rage room”, a room where you can just go crazy and smash and break stuff when you need to release some built-up rage. What item(s) do you like breaking the most?

I like breaking the TV's. they sound the best when you break the screen.

6)      It’s Halloween soon, you get to request one type of candy to get added to the locker room candy stash. What are you asking for? Why?

I'm asking for Nerds because they simply taste the best.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:47 PM, DMaximus said:

New question for week ending 10/25, answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      Two games remain in the season. Philly sits in the final playoff spot with a 1-point lead over Miami, who has a game in hand. Who’s making the playoffs?

bit late of an answer but I wanted to say us

2)      Defensemen Bob Tristan and Shawn Andrei Zyuzin got 1st stars in recent games. Why do you think we’ve had an increase in points from our defense? 
they’re putting in the hard work and it’s showing 

3)      Forward Justin Lose leads the team with 0.88 points per 20 minutes played. Why is he able to score so consistently?

man just had a god given talent to find the spots around the goalie

4)      Do you prefer to play home games or away games? How come? Home games, there’s nothing better then hearing and feeling the arena rumble with the home fans

5)      The Reapers recently installed a “rage room”, a room where you can just go crazy and smash and break stuff when you need to release some built-up rage. What item(s) do you like breaking the most? Honestly the TVs and vases are my favorites 

6)      It’s Halloween soon, you get to request one type of candy to get added to the locker room candy stash. What are you asking for? Why?  Skittles, there’s nothing better then tasting the rainbow before or after a game

Press conference questions for week ending 11/1. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The Reapers finished in 9th place, missing the playoffs by 3 points. What are your thoughts on the team’s performance this season?

2)      What are your thoughts on your individual performance this season?

3)      The offseason has begun, are you staying in Philly or going somewhere else? Why?

4)      During the offseason, you won’t be under the watchful eye of the Reaper’s dietary team. What item are you most excited about eating?

5)      The Reapers fan club had a gift placed at your locker on clean out day. What did they get you?

6)      At this very moment, the zombie apocalypse starts. What are you doing or where are you going next?

1. We did well, but in the end just couldn't give enough to make the playoffs

2. I thought I did well enough. I made it into the 2-3 third rounds of the mock draft

3. I might go somewhere else, because of the upcoming draft

4. Pizza all day, every day

5. A bar of deodorant, ugh SERIOUSLY, I don't smell THAT bad

6. I'm purposefully gonna infect myself and try to kill as many survivors as possible

48 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

Press conference questions for week ending 11/1. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The Reapers finished in 9th place, missing the playoffs by 3 points. What are your thoughts on the team’s performance this season?

3)      The offseason has begun, are you staying in Philly or going somewhere else? Why?

4)      During the offseason, you won’t be under the watchful eye of the Reaper’s dietary team. What item are you most excited about eating?

5)      The Reapers fan club had a gift placed at your locker on clean out day. What did they get you?

6)      At this very moment, the zombie apocalypse starts. What are you doing or where are you going next?

It was close, the team picked it up towards the end but couldn't pull through when it mattered and that's why Miami might upset one of the most favored teams in the tournament.

For the limited number of games I played I would consider my performance very much adequate

I would love to stay in philly but where I'm at in the draft will determine it all

Anything that counts as a cheat food

A poster of Tom Wilson since I play so much like him

Sleeping and going to Walmart or something to find a gun

3 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. It sucks that we lost out. I feel like we battled hard at the end and just came up short. Of course that only motivates me to do better next season.

2. Making the jump from Junior level was a bit intimidating. I feel like I really clicked offensively towards the end of the season. Overall I think I did okay in the short time on the Reapers.

3. I would love to stay with the Reapers. Unfortunately I was a waiver pickup so I'm going to the VHLM draft.

4. I'm going to devour a whole pizza and not regret it at all.

5. I just got a thank you card from a few fans. I really appreciate their generosity.

6. Well that's tough. I'm going to find a good food source and get some weapons. Probably move south so I don't have to deal with winters up north. 

9 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) I think we pulled together a really solid season, considering we didn't have a full roster for a lot of it. I think those of us lef ton the team really grew a lot and it will be good to get some new faces in the draft

2) I wasn't quite as dominant as I would have liked, it seemed I either didn't let anything in or everything went in. I really have to work on my consistency for this next run.

3) Staying in Philly baby! I doubt Calgary is calling me up since they have goalies above me in the depth chart.

4) Honestly I eat pretty healthy anyways, but i am definitely a sucker for fish and chips.

5) I got one of those cool hologram light things with my face, name and number on it! Pretty cool thanks guys!

6) Honestly not in the best situation for that right now, I have a midterm tomorrow so I'll probably just study for that and hope for the best.

1)      The Reapers finished in 9th place, missing the playoffs by 3 points. What are your thoughts on the team’s performance this season?

I think we had a good season. Not how we wanted to end it but we picked up steam at the end but it was too little to late.

2)      What are your thoughts on your individual performance this season?

I think I played well on both sides of the puck. 100 SB, over 250 hits, 42 points. not bad.

3)      The offseason has begun, are you staying in Philly or going somewhere else? Why?

I think I will be moving on after being drafted to the VHL. unless the VHL GM says otherwise I plan on being in the VHL. Thanks for everything Philly, you have been a blast.

4)      During the offseason, you won’t be under the watchful eye of the Reaper’s dietary team. What item are you most excited about eating?

Pizza. lots and lots of pasta.

5)      The Reapers fan club had a gift placed at your locker on clean out day. What did they get you?

A nice rolex watch with my name engraved in it.

6)      At this very moment, the zombie apocalypse starts. What are you doing or where are you going next?

I am going to do my best to take care of my family.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:21 AM, DMaximus said:

1.) First of all....its always tough missing the playoffs and especially to only miss it by 3 points makes it even tougher. I'm at a loss for words. I'm going to miss being with the guys in the locker room, hanging out grabbing beers on day offs. It's going to suck. Also its my first half year in the league as a waiver pick up so I might not be on the Reapers roster next year which will be pretty sad. Love these boys.

2.) I definitely need to improve. I'm a goal scorer and I didn't score that many goals this year. Next year I plan to come out firing. 

3.) Well I hope to stay in Philly, but as a waiver pick-up I'll be put into the S75 VHLM dispersal draft and I might end up somewhere else. But who knows hopefully I made a good enough impression to management that I'm worth being picked up.

4.) Pizza. As I drive back to New Hampshire you bet your ass I am stopping in NYC and getting me a pie in the City.

5.) They got me my own little Philadelphia Reapers bobble head of myself! I couldn't believe it! I've never seen myself on anything like this before so it was so cool and thoughtful!

6.) I'll be at my lake house. I mean I live on an island on a lake with about a year of food so I'll be fine for a little bit but I might have to make a trip in to get more beer.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, DMaximus said:

We gave it all, but hockey god wasn't with us this time. Sometimes u make it, sometimes not, but this was good run and i'm proud of team.

Wasn't hoping for that much points, but I will take it :). Of course defence always leads offense, so I hope I did not fall off defensively

I hope so, yeah, can't imagine myself somewhere else, because I just got used to current mates

Buffalo wings

It was fantastic Reapers themed hoodie

Acting like a zombie myself

On 10/27/2020 at 8:21 AM, DMaximus said:

1)      The Reapers finished in 9th place, missing the playoffs by 3 points. What are your thoughts on the team’s performance this season? We worked hard and really improved the second half of the season

2)      What are your thoughts on your individual performance this season? I felt I proved myself in the league, I would’ve liked to put a few more in the net though.

3)      The offseason has begun, are you staying in Philly or going somewhere else? Why? I’ll be spending one more season in Philly before Malmo calls me up

4)      During the offseason, you won’t be under the watchful eye of the Reaper’s dietary team. What item are you most excited about eating? Honestly some biscuits and gravy

a Reapers mug

I’d probably head back down to Alabama, got enough guns down there to last a lifetime

Press Conference questions for week ending 11/8. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE!

1)      The offseason allows a lot of time to work on your skills. What skill are you focusing on improving this offseason?

2)      Miami vs. Mississauga in the VHLM finals. Who do you think will win? Are you watching the games?

3)      Helsinki vs. Vancouver in the VHL finals. Who do you think will win? Are you watching the games?

4)      What show(s) are you watching on TV during the offseason?

5)      Say you’re drafted into the Ultimate Sports Fighting league. A cage-match fighting league between players of different sports. Each fighter is allowed to bring one item from their sport into the cage with them. What item are you brining? Why?

6)      What sport would you not want to face off against in the cage? Why?

1 hour ago, DMaximus said:

Press Conference questions for week ending 11/8. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE!

1)      The offseason allows a lot of time to work on your skills. What skill are you focusing on improving this offseason?

2)      Miami vs. Mississauga in the VHLM finals. Who do you think will win? Are you watching the games?

3)      Helsinki vs. Vancouver in the VHL finals. Who do you think will win? Are you watching the games?

5)      Say you’re drafted into the Ultimate Sports Fighting league. A cage-match fighting league between players of different sports. Each fighter is allowed to bring one item from their sport into the cage with them. What item are you brining? Why?

Working on my playmaking ability and hitting more.

I think Miami for sure, besides who doesn't like a cinderella story, and I'm paying very close attention to their games.

I think it's tied so far but I think Helsinki will win, I'm not watching them too much though.

A new Netflix series called "The Queen's Gambit" it's about this girl prodigy chess player from like the 1960's

Gatorade. gives me energy.

Like a Karate match since I would get destroyed in the ring.

Skating, definitely. Need that to be 80 soon.

Miami. They are coming in hot and they are definitely capable of winning that series. 

Vancouver, just because I like their team better. 

Not many shows, but some good movies!

5)      Say you’re drafted into the Ultimate Sports Fighting league. A cage-match fighting league between players of different

sports. Each fighter is allowed to bring one item from their sport into the cage with them. What item are you brining? Why?

My stick, so I can have a solid tool to whack the opponent with. My skate blade would be cool too. 

6)      What sport would you not want to face off against in the cage? WhyBaseball, due to them having some heavy sluggers to hit me with. 

CAPTAINMARIMOTO.png.42088fc8f65da7558ac280589b3721b6.png

1) I'm really bringing it back to basics and making sure I'm technically sound, I spent way to much of last season flailing around hoping for the best.

2) Miami, I have been quite busy so i haven't been paying too much attention

3) Helsinki, I haven't watched but I did check some stats to see how everyone was doing.

4) Pretty excited to watch this new Mandalorian season, and I just finished the Office for the first time

5) My goalie stick, I know you guys have seen a few shins broken with those in the old days.

6) Does UFC count? For obvious reasons? Otherwise probably soccer, I'd feel bad when they die the first time I graze them. 

6 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. I want to improve on my skating. I feel like I was flat footed for most of the season so I want to step up my game in speed.

2. I gotta go with Miami here. They brought down the titans in Halifax and haven't stopped. Of course I'm watching. It's amazing!

3. I would say Helsinki maybe due to their lineup. I'm more focused on VHLM since that's where I am going to playing next season.

4. I honestly don't watch TV that much. Just watch online media on my computer or tablet while working out.

5. I'm bringing a kendo stick. I've grown up doing karate (have a black belt irl too not to brag) and those things really hurt.

6. Any golf player. They have the range with the clubs and speed since they are light.

1)      The offseason allows a lot of time to work on your skills. What skill are you focusing on improving this offseason?

I want to keep improving my defensive game plus skating.

2)      Miami vs. Mississauga in the VHLM finals. Who do you think will win? Are you watching the games?

Miami, and no I am not watching. just for the memes i want Miami.

3)      Helsinki vs. Vancouver in the VHL finals. Who do you think will win? Are you watching the games?

Vancouver because my agent is from the province. No i am not watching this either.

4)      What show(s) are you watching on TV during the offseason?

Sons of Anarchy is a big one right now.

5)      Say you’re drafted into the Ultimate Sports Fighting league. A cage-match fighting league between players of different sports. Each fighter is allowed to bring one item from their sport into the cage with them. What item are you brining? Why?

Hockey stick.

6)      What sport would you not want to face off against in the cage? Why?

Baseball because of the bat.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, DMaximus said:

A little bit everything trying to progress very balanced

No idea who is gonna win, cus didn't follow any games except the Reapers ones. There is no point of guessing blindly cus literally don't know anything about this teams.

Thanks for telling me that, didn't know, as i'm not on forum much. Same opinion as for VHLM answer

One of them, Locked on Dallas Mavs podcast, and yeah, it's not TV show.

College helmet, cus he wouldn't ever hit my head/face

Biathlon, cus he can literally damn shoot my ass

On 11/3/2020 at 5:50 AM, DMaximus said:

1.) The skills I'm definitely working on is my skating. I've been working one on one with my trainer back in New Hampshire on my skating skills to get my skating up. While also working on my stick handling. As a shooter, I need to be able to keep the puck on my stick and get it to the net.

2.) Miami, I'm watching the games absolutely. Sadly, I wish we were playing the games but hey the rest is always nice.

3.) I'm definitely watching. I think Vancouver will win. They look great and I think they will be able to bring home the cup.

4.) I'm currently watching Letterkenny. This show cracks me up and I'm a big fan of Jonesy.

5.) Oh I mean I'd bring my hockey skates. We all know Happy Gilmore tried to stab a guy with their hockey skates...so I'll do the same thing as the legend himself.

6.) A fencer. That person already knows how to use a sword. That would be one tough battle.

On 11/3/2020 at 7:50 AM, DMaximus said:

I’ll be working on my shots

well I guess Miami at this point

also Vancouver I guess

Peaky Blinders, everyone keeps telling me to watch it

Definitely  my stick.  Gives me some reach to avoid getting hit my the other fighter

probably football, if they wear their pads I’m screwed

On 11/3/2020 at 8:50 AM, DMaximus said:

1. I'm working on my skating, it's so important to be able to get into position efficiently and being quicker will help.

2. I don't know, I haven't been able to watch.

3. I also don't know but I'm rooting for Helsinki. Goes back to when I had many friends there

4. I love watching the NFL during the offseason

5. I'm bringing a skate... come on man, I'll have a blade in hand

6. Fencing... I feel like that's easy

Press Conference questions for week ending 11/15. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE!

1) Big Announcement within the VHLM of the new Junior System for overflow players, what are your thoughts on the new “expansion” to the Minors?

2) This is offseason week, both VHL and VHLM drafts have passed and with last seasons influx of recruits the Reapers are starting the season with 12 Forwards 5 D and 2 G for almost a full 4 lines. This means Ice time is going to change a lot for most players and how does this make you feel? 

3) What role do you see yourself playing for the S75 Reapers Squad?

4) If there’s one thing everyone in Philadelphia needs to know about you what is it?

5)What are your personal goals as an individual any milestones in particular you’re looking to reach?

6)Where do you see the Reapers sitting right now in the VHLM Power ranking and how do you feel after your draft weekend experience?

12 minutes ago, Spence King said:

Press Conference questions for week ending 11/15. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE!

1) Big Announcement within the VHLM of the new Junior System for overflow players, what are your thoughts on the new “expansion” to the Minors?

2) This is offseason week, both VHL and VHLM drafts have passed and with last seasons influx of recruits the Reapers are starting the season with 12 Forwards 5 D and 2 G for almost a full 4 lines. This means Ice time is going to change a lot for most players and how does this make you feel? 

4) If there’s one thing everyone in Philadelphia needs to know about you what is it?

5)What are your personal goals as an individual any milestones in particular you’re looking to reach?

6)Where do you see the Reapers sitting right now in the VHLM Power ranking and how do you feel after your draft weekend experience?

It's a great idea, I will help the league keep undrafted players and not let any new players without a home go to waste.

I know that I'm not going to play as much probably but this is only my second season (first official) and I need to learn before I play lots of minutes.

Key defenseman

I like to hit

Succeed within the league and win the cup

I see the reapers as being a top team this year.

I like it, it's an interesting idea for sure. I'm not sure if it will work out, it could very well be something that fails but it's new and I'm not aware of any other sim league having tried something like this before, so I applauf the audacity.

It's gonna be a challenge for sure, looking at our roster it will definitely require some work for me to earn a spot in the Top-4, but I'd rather be on a team where I have to work for that kind privilege than just being gifted it because of a lack of depth.

I assume that I'm gonna start out on the 3rd pairing, maybe with some time to PK, and hope to be able to work my way into the Top-4 eventually, maybe as early the end of the regular season

Hmmm that's a tough question, right off the top of my head I can't really think of anything. I kinda like getting into controversial discussions about of all kinds of topics, so if that's not your cup of tea then I guess be warned?

I haven't really thought about that too much yet because I don't know enough of the structure and stiatisctical realities of todays VHL yet, like, how many points per season are considered a lot for each position, that kind of stuff.

That's also kinda tough to judge without better general knowledge about the league but I'd think we are pretty high after the draft we just had where we both picked up starpower and some good depth.

1) Big Announcement within the VHLM of the new Junior System for overflow players, what are your thoughts on the new “expansion” to the Minors?

I think it’s a great way for all the overflow players to get some time to develop. It also makes it easier on the league instead of adding more expansion teams.

As a team it’s going to mean that we are going to be really competitive and should have a good season. Ice time will be affected it just means you have to put in that extra work.

3) What role do you see yourself playing for the S75 Reapers Squad?

I could see myself playing possibly middle six to bottom six wing possibly a little bit of pp or pk.

Not really too sure but I am a really big fan of sports of any kind such as soccer, baseball, football, and obviously hockey lol.

This will be my first full season so anything over 14 points will be a career high. I guess I am aiming for more than 40 points I don’t really know what to expect quite yet.

6)Where do you see the Reapers sitting right now in the VHLM Power ranking and how do you feel after your draft weekend experience?
I think we have to be sitting 1-2 in the power rankings for sure. Lots of depth up front and really solid defence and goaltending to go along with it. The draft weekend was exciting it was really cool watching it live as well.