Official 2014-15 NFL Discussion Thread

frescoelmo

Chris Pratt (Lord-Star Lord) from Seattle made a bet with Chris Evans (Captain America) from Boston for the Superbowl. The loser has to fly to the winners city and visit the children's hospital dressed up in their famous outfit. Now that my friends is how you bet.

I'm cheering for the Patriots, but only because of all the bandwagon Seahawks fans here in Vancouver. It's ridiculous how many people are all of a sudden football/Seahawks fans when they're winning.

Seems like it's the same people who hopped on the Canucks bandwagon for the cup run of 2011.

B0pPHh3CMAEfDtw.jpg

The reason I know that's One Direction is because their movie was on Movie Central not that long ago. I flipped to it when it was like an hour in and ended up watching it all. Despite not caring for their music, I didn't mind the movie because they're actually pretty funny dudes.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

CarolinaPanthers2012.jpg

They hate us cause we videotaped them in the Super Bowl 11 years ago, making adjustments at halftime with the videotape we illegally had on them. Despite that, it took their kicker putting it out of bounds for us to beat them, even with the videotape, even with the "superior team"

FUCK THE PATS. That is all.

CarolinaPanthers2012.jpg

They hate us cause we videotaped them in the Super Bowl 11 years ago, making adjustments at halftime with the videotape we illegally had on them. Despite that, it took their kicker putting it out of bounds for us to beat them, even with the videotape, even with the "superior team"

FUCK THE PATS. That is all.

Do you have a source for this ?

Do you have a source for this ?

Not currently. I remember some site speculating about it back when Spygate was more of a thing, but even then it was never proven, just the fact that in the first half, both teams were doing well defensively and couldn't figure it out offensively. Scoring-wise, the second half wasn't that much better than the first, but yards-wise, New England was suddenly able to do things when they weren't in the first half, and it seemed very shady with regards to that particular game and how drastic the contrast was, which just snowballed once it was known that Spygate was a thing. At the time, this article (not ESPN, neutral site unaffiliated with either side but some off-brand site, maybe Bleacher Report or something, but several years back) pointed out a bunch of things, each of which individually could be coincidental, but all at the same time just seemed too much.

This far after the fact though, I doubt they even still have it, let alone am I bothered enough to go look for it. It's not like anything now would change the result then anyway. Even if something came out tomorrow specifying exact plays and exact changes made by having videotaped exact situations prior, it still wouldn't do anything.