Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

On 5/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/2:

1. Our play seems to have taken a turn for the worse lately, as we've been losing quite frequently in the past week. Is this a concern or simply a phase?

2. If you were GM of the Hounds for a day, what would you do and why?

3. What's the weirdest thing you've seen a teammate do in the locker room?

4. Yesterday, a list or two was posted in the VHL's Discord server, ranking the Hounds' relevance as simply average. Any reasons why we should stand out, or is this fair?

5. What's the most interesting VHLM city to visit on road trips and why?

6. What are your opinions on the lottery system? (sorry, I had to)

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen

1. Definitely a concern, we could lie to ourselves and say that our team is better than this but simply put we have a pretty bad record. I don't think we can simply chalk it up to being unlucky.
  2. I honestly don't know, maybe trade for another defenseman but there really wouldn't be much more.
  3. Hulk did a keg stand in the middle of the locker room at one point, wasn't weird per-se but definitely pretty cool to see the guy go at it.
  4. It's certainly fair. We have pieces that are developing into better players by the day and the team seems to be getting better on paper but we still aren't winning games which is the most important part.
  5. Houston has been an interesting team to visit. One of their fans recognized me in the restroom and the guy pushed me into the urinal. Hulk saw it and the three of us brawled it out. My tooth is still chipped from the encounter.
  6. IT'S RIGGED

For the week ending 6/9:

1. Our goaltender, @Rayzor_7, just became the GM of the Minnesota Storm. Your thoughts about any part of this move?

2. A few AGM positions have opened up recently, and it's possible that a few more could open up soon. If you're applying, or planning on applying, what makes you stand out? If you're not, imagine that you're GM and could pick any one member of the league (preferably a fellow rookie or first-gen) to hypothetically hire, and tell us why. 

3. Should the team keep up its rivalry with Mexico City, or switch to hating Minnesota instead?

4. Management made its first trade since the draft yesterday, sending our third-round pick and Khalabib Stiopic to Minnesota for defenseman Andreas Sundell. Was this a good move? Why or why not?

5. Earlier today, San Diego traded for a 200-TPE center, Rhys Chism, indicating that they're going all in this season. Mexico City has given up some valuable draft choices as well, for the sake of loading up. Do you think we should have done so as well?

6. Pick any award here, and give us your honest, unbiased prediction as to its winner this season.

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @VisualDarkness @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/9:

1. Our goaltender, @Rayzor_7, just became the GM of the Minnesota Storm. Your thoughts about any part of this move?

2. A few AGM positions have opened up recently, and it's possible that a few more could open up soon. If you're applying, or planning on applying, what makes you stand out? If you're not, imagine that you're GM and could pick any one member of the league (preferably a fellow rookie or first-gen) to hypothetically hire, and tell us why. 

3. Should the team keep up its rivalry with Mexico City, or switch to hating Minnesota instead?

4. Management made its first trade since the draft yesterday, sending our third-round pick and Khalabib Stiopic to Minnesota for defenseman Andreas Sundell. Was this a good move? Why or why not?

5. Earlier today, San Diego traded for a 200-TPE center, Rhys Chism, indicating that they're going all in this season. Mexico City has given up some valuable draft choices as well, for the sake of loading up. Do you think we should have done so as well?

6. Pick any award here, and give us your honest, unbiased prediction as to its winner this season.

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @VisualDarkness @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen

1. Couldn't be happier ;)

2. Most guy's I'd hire have been hired. Right now my pick would be @FakeJenton or @cody73 

3. Maybe next season when we can compete.

4. I'd like to think that this was a good pick-up for both teams.

5. I'm glad we didn't load up. Too much competition for the top.

6. Ryan Sullivan Trophy - Hulk Hogan

34 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/9:

1. I am happy for him, he deserves it that is for sure.

2. I think Cody Smith @cody73 would be a good choice, I can see him being a good GM in the future.

3. I think the "friendly" rivalry with Minnesota is going to get heated very quickly.

4. I like the move Khalabib was not getting much ice time and wasn't improving much, Sundell is a trade up and that is never bad.

5. No I think we are clicking well as a team and you don't want to upset that for a star player when we already have Hogan, Smith, MacElroy and Funk.

6. Prime Ministers Trophy: Philadelphia Reapers.

1. 100% Happy for Ray. He's earned the job and should make for a great GM. 

2. Well, given I put my name in the hat for the Vegas AGM job, it'd be nice to be hired there personally. But we'll see. I think my personality and my interest in learning the sim makes me stand out, as I'm always open to trying to find good combinations to help a team win. 

3. I'm fine with continuing the hate with the Queens for the time being.... but I'd keep my eyes on Minny after this year. 

4. Happy to welcome in some blueline help, especially a good passer. 

5. I don't think going all in made sense for us.

6. Mitch Higgins Trophy - Pekka Pouta, Ottawa Lynx 

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/9:

1. That's awesome, he really deserves the starting gig. He's been a very good locker room presence and he definitely has put in the work to warrant it.
  2. I would hypothetically hire Hulk, nice guy and he has put in the work.
  3. I see what you're getting at but it would be pretty hard with Rayz in the middle. Honestly, I could see Minnesota as more of a sister team that we root for outside of MIS.
  4. Definitely a good move, Sundell is a nice addition that can really help out Hulk. Likewise, Sundell is no longer on Minnesota so that means we have a greater chance of locking in a playoff spot.
  5. Nah, I think that the one move that we made was good. The thing is that although we're likely going to be in the playoffs I don't realistically see us a true contender. Anybody who would say otherwise would be lying to themselves. Should be better to hold onto picks and try and improve to a true contender next season.
  6. Top Defenseman - Denver Wolfe

14 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/9:

1. I think it's a great opportunity for him! I just hope he keeps a lot of his focus in Mississauga.

2. I'd probably hire Berocka Sundqvist. He's been very active and I think he has a bright future!

3. Mexico City is way more annoying than Minnesota. Keep the rivalry as-is.

4. I think it was a good move. The player has been inactive, but he's got good stats, and we needed another defenseman.

5. I like our chances with the team in its current incarnation. The sims have been unpredictable, so there's no guarantee that the moves the other teams have made will be worth it.

6. Ryan Sullivan Trophy: Hulk Hogan, without a doubt.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:10 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/9:

1. Congrats to him!

2. I saw Cody doing some stuff, I'd think he could do good.

3. Well I don't like Minny, Mexico is a fun rival

4. It's a good move, picked up a useful player who will be here a while.

5. I think sticking to holding our pricks is a better move

6. MVP goes to Hogan

For the week ending 6/16:

1. You've just been named GM of a VHLM team, and you can make ANY one member of the league your assistant (except myself, as I'm not looking to pump myself up with this question). Doesn't matter if they're GM or AGM anywhere else. Who do you choose and why?

2. The trade deadline has come and gone, and we've only made the Sundell trade. Are you satisfied? Do we have what it takes going into the playoffs?

3. Give me a description of your ideal Hounds third jersey.

4. Are you satisfied with your own performance so far this season? Why or why not?

5. Other than Mississauga, what team do you think has the biggest upset potential in the playoffs?

6. The VHL announced a new program this week, in which members can join the SBA and/or the EFL and earn a little extra TPE here for small tasks there. Do you see yourself joining or considering it? Why, or why not? If you have joined, what do you like about it, and what don't you like? 

56 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. You've just been named GM of a VHLM team, and you can make ANY one member of the league your assistant (except myself, as I'm not looking to pump myself up with this question). Doesn't matter if they're GM or AGM anywhere else. Who do you choose and why?

2. The trade deadline has come and gone, and we've only made the Sundell trade. Are you satisfied? Do we have what it takes going into the playoffs?

4. Are you satisfied with your own performance so far this season? Why or why not?

5. Other than Mississauga, what team do you think has the biggest upset potential in the playoffs?

6. The VHL announced a new program this week, in which members can join the SBA and/or the EFL and earn a little extra TPE here for small tasks there. Do you see yourself joining or considering it? Why, or why not? If you have joined, what do you like about it, and what don't you like? 

1. Hmm. That's a toughie. I'd probably wait to see what the people who want the job say in their interviews, thus giving as many people a fair chance as possible. 

2. I'm fine with that being our only deal. We got some insurance and that's what we needed. 

3. The fauxback I made.  Pretty, striking and different. 

E0JB65C.png
4. I'm indifferent. My goal was 80 points and a 50 goal year.... and as we currently stand, I'll hit 80 points probably, but miss out on the 50 goals, which semi-blows. 

5. I'd say either Halifax or San Diego. But we'll see. 

6. I joined both, and there's a few differences I don't approve of, mostly how little capped TPE one can earn in the EFL & the fact that updating is only done once a week in the SBA and I think the EFL too, unsure of that one for them. But besides that, it sure does make my life easier in some areas and gives me stuff to do. 

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I think RadCow would be my number one pick as he has had the experience with being an AGM and seems on top of it all;

2. I think we did the right thing and since comeing over here Sundell has switched on and we are beating some top teams;

3. I think a Blue and Yellow kit would look good plus most teams don't use yellow. Or change to a purple instead of Blue. Then go Purple and Yellow to be a wild colour change;

4. Yeah I have exceeded expectations moving up to the second line and getting a fair few stars of the game. I thought I would just be a supporting player but every now and then I'm getting a star worthy performance;

5. Minnesota just got a new GM and that usually makes the players switch on and try harder, would be nice to see them succeed;

6. Probably not, i don't know anything about BasketBall or Gridiron so I might just focus on succeeding here first. 

13 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. That is one tough question but as long as it isn't me x2 in the GM positions, the team got a chance.
2. I woke up from my coma and got traded right away. I will do what I can to not fall back into it. We don't only have the skills to make it to the playoffs, I am here for my second cup.
3. Dalmatinian spots. Do I need to say more?
4. Well, I woke up and is alive. THat gotta be more than expected?
5. I don't even know who the other teams are. I do not fear any team and I frankly do not care!
6. Hah, I barely make it here. I'll leave it at that.

15 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I'd probably go with GlowyGoat. He seems to have a good handle on things. 

2.  I think with the win streak we have going on and how competitive we've been with some of the best teams in the league, I'm very satisfied with the trades we made, especially since Sundell has started speaking to his teammates! I think we have what it takes to at least make it to the semifinals. 

3. The only thing I can think of for a third jersey would be a different Hound design. Maybe a little more retro and cartoony looking. Blue primary color and silver secondary. 

4. I'm very satisfied. I've really stepped up and started performing like I knew I could.

5. I think Mexico City could go all the way, for sure.

6. I don't see myself doing it, just because of the time commitment. If I had a little more free time, then I might consider it!

19 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Well DMaximus because I just did this.

2. No complaint's. We are still beating top teams with what we have.

3. Jets jersey but houndsified

4. I'm dissapointed, capped early but still got hammered early on. With the recent defensive additions I'm happier as my stats have been much better since.

5. Based on the 6 shot win, Minnesota I guess. But honestly we are the only underDog team at this point.

6. I joined EFL because why not?

On 6/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Give it to anyone, I'm not involved enough to care.

2. We aren't a top 3 team. But we are playing very well so clearly we don't need to make many moves

3. Make it yellow like a taxi and then put a dog in a window colour

4. I'm pretty satisfied. Been doing well considering I started midway.

5. I'll go with San Diego. They aren't bad but they aren't amazing

6. I don't care enough. Just gonna stick here.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:12 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. I am pretty new to this league, so I don't really know most people. I would probably just choose someone on the highest rep list for the past week/month as that means that they are active and know what they are doing.

2. We are currently on track to make the playoffs, and therefore I have no problem with there only having been one trade. Upsets happen all the time why shouldn't we be able to pull on off.

3. I like black clothing. So it would be black primary color with blue accents. Think jersey #2 but in black and blue

4. I only had one game so far but I recorded an assist early on and blocked a few shots so I am happy with how I did in my debut game.

5. Just us. Every other team is trash.

6. I came here from the SBA because of the new cross-over program so I think it is a great way to incentivize people to join another league.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I'd go with Glowy, he's pretty experienced and is a good locker room presence overall.
  2. Yep, you always leave me feeling satisfied (lol). I would say yes we have what it takes. We've been winning a decent amount of games as of late and I think we'll keep that going.
  3. I would say my ideal hounds jersey has a completely different color scheme. (Think Penguins Winter classic jersey) So probably a black and gold jersey like the Bruins or Penguins
  4. Absolutely, hoping to move further up in the Points standings and it looks like that might be possible with MacElroy and Berocka on my line.
  5. Minnesota is my bet.
  6. I could see myself joining it but it won't be for a couple of weeks, I'm really busy IRL at the moment.

1. Are you excited for the upcoming playoffs?

2. Did you accomplish your season goals?

3. How impressed are you with Hulk Hogan?

4. Can Hulk Hogan sustain these numbers next year?

5. Do you expect a Finals Appearance?

6. Do you have any prospects in the next draft?

7. How many players will you lose to the VHL next season?

8. How happy are the GMs with this team?

9. Any locker room problems with the players?

10. Do you think anyone will be traded in the offseason?

Edited by PenKnight

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen @aCrypticPancake 

Came in to ask some questions, but it looks like they've been asked already! Feel free to answer any 6 of these for your TPE this week.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:14 AM, PenKnight said:

6. Do you have an prospects in the next draft?

1. Absolutely, I think we’ve developed as a team and each of us have developed individually and it’s going to see that development translate to playoff success (crossed fingers)

2. I surpassed my season goals. It’s my first build so didn’t know what to expect but I think I’ve learned a lot about STHS and I’m excited how well this season went.

3. Eh, not really impressed. I’ve had a lot of exposure to him so I had high expectations and he absolutely met them. Fantastic job by Hulk.

4. It’s gonna be tough to match these numbers but I think it’ll translates to VHL success.

5. Not expecting it but it’s certainly in the realm of possibilities. We’re a very strong contender at this point.

6. Honestly I think we have 7+?? It’s hard to estimate because I’m not looking at the players currently but I think we have a good representation in next year’s draft.

7. Out of those 7+ Hulk and Rayz are the best equipped to move to the VHL. Greene, Dangles, and Sundqvist also come to mind.

8. I think we surpassed expectations, so I would say pretty happy.

9. Not that I know

10. No probably not, we’re a young team so I think it would be best to stay put

On 6/16/2019 at 9:14 PM, PenKnight said:

6. Do you have an prospects in the next draft?

1. It is my first playoffs so yes I am very excited, I hope that we can do enough to make the 2nd Round;

2. I didn't really have any goals at the beginning of the season I was just happy to be picked up as a FA. However making the second line and scoring a couple of Hattricks far exceeded anything I could hope for;

3. Hulk has been incredible on and off the ice, he is a great locker room presence and really boosts the team when ever he is on the ice. I hope to play alongside him in the future, as he will be scary to play against;

4. I don't think he will sorry Hulk but the change in calibre of players is a big jump, but I wish him all the best;

7. It looks like a fair few players will make the VHL next season, unfortunately being a FA this season I don't really have much certainty where I will be next year though;

8. They seem pretty happy with our placing in the Season Gustav has said multiple times that we did well and RadCow has never once complained about our performance. I think we exceeded their expectations also;

9. There are no problems with anyone, the one exception would be The Hound, he is weird and I try and avoid him whenever possible;

10. I think Gustav goes for a more team chemistry style of play then trying to get the star players so I think he will stay put we are a good team and you wouldn't want to break it up to much.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:14 AM, PenKnight said:

1. I'm super excited for the playoffs! I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people!

2. I feel like I did. Really, my only goal this season was to gain a better understanding of how all this works, and I think I have that now.

3. Hulk Hogan is very impressive. Not only a good players but an excellent locker room presence and all-around nice guy.

5. I don't know if I expect a finals appearance. There's so much luck involved that, yeah, maybe we can. I wouldn't say I expect it though.

9. I haven't witnessed any problems at all in our locker room.

10. I'm sure one or two player will be traded, but a lot of people are leaving the VHLM anyway, so I don't know who it would be.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, PenKnight said:

1. Of course. The playoffs are what we train for all seasons and where we can prove to the world what we already know. That we are the best.

2. Being a late-comer to the season, I didn't really set any goals per se, but I was positively surprised with how I have played thus far.

3. Very. He finally managed to grow a beard. Good for him. We all knew he could be a great player so his on-court performance was almost already expected.

4. Yes if anything I believe that he will build on them.

5. I wouldn't say expect, seeing as anything can happen, but I would be very happy if we make it all the way to the finals.

6. I just play here... I really have not been keeping tabs on that aspect, however, from what I gather,  I believe I am being forced into the draft. ?

7. Tbh the same answer as above minus me being in that draft.

8. We made the playoffs so I hope they are at least content. The mood in the Locker Room is good so they can't be too upset.

9. No everyone is in a great mood and was very welcoming when I joined a while back.

10. That is for our GMs to know and me to find out.

1. How can I not be? I love the atmosphere and the talk it creates in the league.

2. Not even close. My season was hot garbage honestly, picked up as the season was ending though.

5. I'm hoping to make it past Ottawa, at least take them to game 7.

7. We will be losing 3 for sure. Could be losing even more.

8.  The GM's are very happy, especially with the fact that we didn't buy and still played middle of the pack is more than acceptable.

10. I find it unlikely that anyone will be moved. Gustav seems pretty attached to us.

1. Well we are on the ropes now so I hope we win a few more!

2. I'm pleased with my performance, been a little slow though.

4. Unlikely, He's VHL bound and it's been proven nearly impossible to maintain high stats.

5. Not really, looking for a second round appearance at least.

7. Too many, I also won't be around here as I'm draft bound.

10. Not likely, Gustav doesn't want anyone to move away from him.