Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

On 5/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE!

Hey Hounds! Welcome to this weeks Press Conference. If you can, try to give more than one word answers to appease the powers that be (TPE Updaters). We enjoy reading your answers and look forward to getting to know you through the PCs!

*This will be the last Press Conference for this season, we'll back next season!*

Thank you to everyone who answered the Press Conference questions! We enjoyed reading your responses and getting to know you.

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or all six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending 
May 28th!

1. How did your player do this season?

2. Looking back at your VHLM experience so far is there anything you would have done differently?

3. Did you sign up for the ProAm Offseason Tournament?

4. Now that the season is coming to an end do you have any suggestions for your GM and AGM?

5.  If you could only eat one fruit for the rest of your life what fruit would that be?

6. What is your favorite animated movie?

Always room for improvement

Become the number one defence i was drafted to be

I am in the Junior Showcase

Get a partner for me to pass to on breakouts

banana

UP the Disney orginal

On 5/22/2023 at 6:14 PM, Subject056 said:

1. How did your player do this season?

2. Looking back at your VHLM experience so far is there anything you would have done differently?

3. Did you sign up for the ProAm Offseason Tournament?

4. Now that the season is coming to an end do you have any suggestions for your GM and AGM?

5.  If you could only eat one fruit for the rest of your life what fruit would that be?

6. What is your favorite animated movie?

1) I think I did not too bad, probably a bit better than I had hoped for in my first season.

2) I'd have dedicated more time and less welfare. Sadly, real life doesn't always cooperate.

3) No, I did not.
4) No suggestions, I thought they did a good job of taking over and livened up the discord quite a bit

5) Pineapple. Easily my favourite fruit!
6) Hmm, I'm not sure honestly. I like lots of them but my favourite? Maybe Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within or Titan A.E. - but I'm guessing when I finally get around to watching the Mario movie it will become my favourite :)

• 3 weeks later...

G69WR74.jpg

Hey Hounds! Welcome to this weeks Press Conference. If you can, try to give more than one word answers to appease the powers that be (TPE Updaters). We enjoy reading your answers and look forward to getting to know you through the PCs!

Welcome to all our teammates - new and returning! Looking forward to a stellar season with everyone. 🔥

For the Week Ending 
June 18th!

1. Did you enjoy the VHLM Draft?

2. Did you participate this offseason in any of the offseason tournaments, or were you cheering for any specific teams in any of the offseason tournaments? 

3. Which player or players on our team are you looking forward to hitting the ice with?

4. How did you come up with your forum username? 

5.  What board game do you enjoy playing?

6. If you had the power to go back in time, would you change anything or just visit and not interfere

I did really enjoy the draft! I liked how the casters knew what they were talking about, regardless of how little I’ve interacted with people outside of the organization.

I straight up cannot remember what I did during the off season. I wasn’t paying attention to any of the off season tournaments since I was focusing on the team I own in another league during VHL downtime.

Im looking forward to hitting the ice with everyone, no one in particular. I’m just excited to play for a team I like, under a gm I like.

I used to take part in lots of undertale RP’s back in the day and one day, I made my name enraged human and it’s kinda just stuck ever since. It’s morphed from EnragedHuman to EnragedHumanYEET to Enraged and on sites where Enraged isn’t available, I go with SexyEnragedHumanYEET

I’m not a big fan of board games to be honest. They are all aggravating when you aren’t winning so I’ve never been a huge fan. That being said, Sorry! is a good one.

Im too terrified of the butterfly effect to intervene with anything in the past. I would, however, love to go back in time and collect something super valuable that is common at the time to bring back with me!

1. I did not follow on the draft.

2. No i did not, i actually just signed to my new team.

3. I havent arrived to Mississauga yet, i am excited to meet everyone.

4. Its just my username everywhere.

5. I really like playing monopoly, its addicting

6. I probably would not change anything

9 hours ago, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

Welcome to all our teammates - new and returning! Looking forward to a stellar season with everyone. 🔥

For the Week Ending 
June 18th!

2. Did you participate this offseason in any of the offseason tournaments, or were you cheering for any specific teams in any of the offseason tournaments? 

3. Which player or players on our team are you looking forward to hitting the ice with?

6. If you had the power to go back in time, would you change anything or just visit and not interfere

1. Very much so, getting drafted 2nd was special.

2. I was in the junior showcase tourney, I played well but we lost in the finals.

3. Everyone, Im looking forward to being a core piece on this team and getting to know everyone.

4. Its my name in Be a Pro.

5. Monopoly for some reason.

6. No i don't think so.

23 hours ago, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
June 18th!

1. I wasn't present at the VHLM Draft, but my brother kept me updated on it, and I ended up enjoying both how the Draft is handled and the results of it.
2. I did, I participated in the JST, for the Warriors, we got to the finals but unfortunately we ended up losing against the Brigade, but gg.
3. All players, I'm excited to see how we'll do as a team.
4. Well, I see myself as a pretty goofy person, and I see clowns that way too, so there you go. The "L" and the "W" are capitalized just for aesthetics.
5. I don't play board games often but I think one of my favorites would be Cluedo.
6. I feel like I would probably change something, just in the hopes of the results being more positive.

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
June 25th!

1. How do you feel about the Hounds first few games so far this season?

2. What have you been doing on your down time in Mississauga when your not on the ice?

3. Have you struck up any sponsorships deals that you are excited about?

4. Do you feel like the locker room is lacking anything/Do you have any suggestions for the locker room?

5.  What song are you replaying the most these days?

6. Congratulations, you won the lottery and are 15 million dollars richer! What do you plan to do with your winnings?

1. We are doing alright, but there is always room for improvement.

2. Just spending time with my teammates

3. Nope, i havent got any offers 

4. I think everyrhing is alright and there is no change neccesary

5. None, just listening to my playlist 

6. Building a huge mansion in the middle of Missisauga 

6 hours ago, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
June 25th!

2. What have you been doing on your down time in Mississauga when your not on the ice?

4. Do you feel like the locker room is lacking anything/Do you have any suggestions for the locker room?

6. Congratulations, you won the lottery and are 15 million dollars richer! What do you plan to do with your winnings?

1. Really solid start, just need to start stringing wins together.

2. getting to know everyone here.

3. didn't know that was a thing.

4. Its a good locker room, nothing needs to change.

5. Lots of Afghan Whigs

6. saving most of it and going on a trip somewhere. who knows where though.

On 6/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
June 25th!

1. I think we're having a good performance so far.
2. Mostly just been staying at home chilling a bit.
3. Unfortunately I haven't yet.
4. Nah, I think the LR is just fine, people are pretty welcoming and cool to talk to.
5. Sucks to see you doing better by Valley
6. I'd buy a house and probably end up travelling somewhere with my family.

1. How do you feel about the Hounds first few games so far this season?  Decent start I would say, up and down in terms of results, but we are getting wins early, those wins could be massive at the end of the season.

2. What have you been doing on your down time in Mississauga when your not on the ice? I like to read a lot, so mostly reading whatever I can find from the local library

3. Have you struck up any sponsorships deals that you are excited about? Nothing yet. I had few deals back in Finland, but they got terminated when I moved here. I am selling advertising spots on my sticks and skates, but so far I have gotten offers from companies and people that would lead me to get banned if I allowed them to use their logos/words on my equipment.

4. Do you feel like the locker room is lacking anything/Do you have any suggestions for the locker room? Fountain would be nice. You rarely see a fountain in locker rooms

5.  What song are you replaying the most these days? Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up

6. Congratulations, you won the lottery and are 15 million dollars richer! What do you plan to do with your winnings? I will buy a house where I store just my hats. I would continue renting my current place.

G69WR74.jpg

Hey Hounds! Welcome to this week's Press Conference. If you can, try to give more than one word answers to appease the powers that be (TPE Updaters). We enjoy reading your answers and look forward to getting to know you through the PCs!

For the Week Ending 
July 1st!

VHL Related Questions

1. Any bets on which team will win the Continental Cup this year?

2. Which logo on either the M, E or VHL is your favourite?

3. Which team would you be interested in GM or AGMing in the league?

4. Do you have any personal goals for your career in the VHL, M or E - For example, do you want to win any awards or make it into the hall of fame?

Getting to Know You Questions

5. If you could live in any fictional world, where/what would you pick?

6. What's your biggest pet peeve?

1. My bet is on the Calgary Wranglers.
2. Personally my favourite is the VHLE's logo.
3. I don't really see myself being the GM or AGM of a team, but if I had to say one I'd say either Mississauga Hounds or Houston Bulls, because those are the two teams I played for till now, and I got to know the people there and all of them are pretty welcoming, so I know I would enjoy it there.
4. Well, I'm not gonna lie, I would love to become the best player in my league, and also, win an award would be great, whichever award really.
5. I'd pick Hogwarts, for sure, I think it's such an interesting world in so many ways.
6. It might not be my biggest one, but I really find it annoying when people chew really loudly.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:55 PM, cLoWn said:

5. I don't play board games often but I think one of my favorites would be Cluedo.

and suddenly, @MubbleFubbles became your best friend (yes that includes your brother) in the VHL with immediate effect... ;)

1. I mean, as a tri league athlete..... I have to stay with the my teams. Prague

2.  Big fan of the Malmo Nighthawks

3. None. I want to concentrate on my playing career at the moment.

4. I would love to be recognized as the leagues top Defenceman.. Emphasis on the defence part.

5. The lore and the mystery of the Forgotten realms of Dnd.

6. Puck hogs. 

1.  I say Moscow because they have let in the least amount of goals so far. D wins the championships!

2. I like the Vasteras logo, simple and clean. The colors are cool too.

3.  None of them, I could not be a GM or aGM, I am too busy to do a decent job at it.

4.  I want to make the VHLE hall of fame, that would be cool

5.  I would like to live in whatever world John Wick lives in. I could wear a suit and ride a horse without looking like a douche.

6.  Wearing hats backwards while also wearing sunglasses

Edited by jRuutu

G69WR74.jpg

Hey Hounds! Welcome to this week's Press Conference. If you can, try to give more than one word answers to appease the powers that be (TPE Updaters). We enjoy reading your answers and look forward to getting to know you through the PCs!

For the Week Ending 
July 9th!

VHL Related Questions

1. How do you feel about the Hounds recent trades?

2. How did you come up with your players name?

3. The VHL's Theme Week starts Monday July 3rd - July 9th, do you have any suggestions for future VHL Theme Weeks?

4. Which user or users on the forum do you follow/enjoy reading or seeing their Media Spots, Graphics or Podcasts?

5. Do you believe in ghosts?

6. What fictional character do you relate to the most?

Edited by Subject056

1. I haven’t been paying attention to our trades recently so I don’t have any thoughts on them

2. I create a team in the NHL games ever my year and James MacAvoy is always the top player on the team.

3. Gonna be completely honest, I had no clue we were doing a theme week, nor do I know what that means.

4. I don’t pay attention to anything on the forums. All I use it for are press conferences and updating my player.

5. I don’t believe in ghosts. They just seem so fake. I’m not a believer in the supernatural in general.

6. I have never thought about that before. I guess I’d say I relate to Jake Peralta. I’m very childish and immature but I’m able to take stuff seriously if I have to.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:04 PM, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
July 9th!

VHL Related Questions

1. How do you feel about the Hounds recent trades?

2. How did you come up with your players name?

3. The VHL's Theme Week starts Monday July 3rd - July 9th, do you have any suggestions for future VHL Theme Weeks?

4. Which user or users on the forum do you follow/enjoy reading or seeing their Media Spots, Graphics or Podcasts?

5. Do you believe in ghosts?

6. What fictional character do you relate to the most?

1. I'm feeling good about it, I believe the results are showing and will keep on showing.
2. Well, it's actually my irl name.
3. Unfortunately my brain is blank right now, so no I don't.
4. I follow my brother @leandrofg , and I maybe possibly might be a fan of his graphics, and also @Stevealways with such amazing graphics.
5. To be honest, It's not something I think about, but nah I don't think I do.
6. I don't know if it's the character I relate to the most, but it's the only one I can think of right now: Ellie from The Last of Us.

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
July 16th!

VHL Related Questions

1.  What did you think of this week's Theme Week 'Commissioner for a Day'?

2. The Hounds have really improved over the last few games, what do you think contributed to that success?

3. What jersey number did your player pick and why did they choose that number?

4. The VHL Mod team is accepting applications, are you interested in applying?

5. Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor, or if you don't like ice cream what is your favorite summer dessert/treat?

6. What movie do you love that would recommend someone to watch

Edited July 2 by Subject056

1. I didn’t pay attention to the theme week, I’ve been dealing with personal stuff for a bit now.

2. I think luck played a big part. We can’t always guarantee a win with the sim engine being slightly random so there’s always that in play when we sim.

3. Number 91. I’ve been a huge Tarasenko fan as far as I can remember and he wears 91 so I wear 91.

4. I am not interested in becoming a mod. I have fun just being a player, I don’t feel like I want to do anything extra.

5. Cookie Dough ice cream is so good oh my god. Tbh, I just love cookie dough in general so having them combined is just a given.

6. My favourite movie is easily Bullet Train. The premise and everything is so stupid I just love how absurd it is.

1 hour ago, Subject056 said:

G69WR74.jpg

For the Week Ending 
July 16th!

VHL Related Questions

2. The Hounds have really improved over the last few games, what do you think contributed to that success?

5. Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor, or if you don't like ice cream what is your favorite summer dessert/treat?

6. What movie do you love that would recommend someone to watch

Edited July 2 by Subject056

1. its interesting but i couldnt come p with an idea for a graphic

2. everyone is starting to play at an elite level, lots of depth scoring and stellar performances in the crease

3. 71, just a cool number, or Taylor Hall and Malkin

4. Proababl nor, seems like a lot of responsibility

5. I don't  like super sweet stuff but I like most ice cream flavours, most things with chocolate

6. Donnie Darko

VHL Related Questions

1.  What did you think of this week's Theme Week 'Commissioner for a Day'?

I think it's pretty cool to read about what people want to change about the league.

I was just signed to the Hounds but by the looks of it I think everyone contributed to that success/

14, because he's worn that number since he was a kid.

Not really, I'm focused on my gming career!

Cookies and Cream has been my favorite since I was a kid.

6. What movie do you love that would recommend someone to watch? 

Hmm, not a movie but a show, Money Heist, my all time favourite.

Edited by axtron

- The more I thought about it, the more relieved I am that I'll never involuntarily or voluntarily be a commissioner. I enjoy this league as a 'casual' max earner that can come and go rather than someone who has true obligations.

- The addition of Sunset Moth @McWolf to be honest. I don't think there's anything else remotely as important.

- I uh... probably picked a prime number like 37 or something. Divisibility is lame. That's all that went into it.

- I was a moderator before and quickly realized how little time I had to devote to it (see Commissioner for a Day answer above too). So nah, I felt as though I did some good work as a moderator but I have very little interest in doing it again.

5. Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor, or if you don't like ice cream why?

- I have a soft spot for mint chocolate chip, which is a rather divisive opinion for some (I've been told it has the background taste of toothpaste).

6. What movie do you love that you would recommend someone watch?

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (haven't seen the sequel yet!). Ooh, the creative direction was absolutely sublime, and it showcased heavily what you can do if you unleash the artistic and musical efforts of a great creative team.