NYA/SEA: S65 off-season

VHL Bot

13 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

- Spade is hoping you will come back

Should have reached out to me probably instead I find out about the trade with early Monday login ?, tough I'm rather completely done with pay to win leagues anyway.

But yeah, rest of arguments make sense, just in other league with their structure it's almost unseen to get 1st/2nd for anything else than an active players.

5 minutes ago, majesiu said:

Should have reached out to me probably instead I find out about the trade with early Monday login ?, tough I'm rather completely done with pay to win leagues anyway.

But yeah, rest of arguments make sense, just in other league with their structure it's almost unseen to get 1st/2nd for anything else than an active players.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding a bit here - it is 2 AM afterall - but are you calling VHL a pay to win league? 

• Commissioner
43 minutes ago, Peace said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding a bit here - it is 2 AM afterall - but are you calling VHL a pay to win league? 

I’ve talked to him about it before. For some reason he believes because we allow donations, which really only do a minimal amount of extra, we’re pay to win.

47 minutes ago, Peace said:

Yup, any league that allows $ to TPE conversion is in a way pay to win, tough to be fair it's closer to lottery based on outdated STHS version. Still, you can't be a max earner (and theoretically having best chance of success with your player) without spending money.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’ve talked to him about it before. For some reason he believes because we allow donations, which really only do a minimal amount of extra, we’re pay to win.

And nothing changed with my opinion, so at least I stay consistent.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, majesiu said:

Yup, any league that allows $ to TPE conversion is in a way pay to win, tough to be fair it's closer to lottery based on outdated STHS version. Still, you can't be a max earner (and theoretically having best chance of success with your player) without spending money.

And nothing changed with my opinion, so at least I stay consistent.

I have 1143 TPE, have led the league in points and goals, and am arguably a top player. I haven’t spent a dime on Thompson. The few players I did donate with were terrible. Take that as you will.

It can easily be done if someone puts the work in. You’re entitled to your opinion but I still stand that “pay to win” is a bit of a strong stance when we aren’t talking much TPE in the grand scheme and that money is entirely what keeps the league running.

8 hours ago, majesiu said:

I haven't spent a penny on this site and still get top 5 in dmen and top 10 in every defensive category........where's the pay to win part? Take the top 10 scorers. I say at least 7 of them haven't donated

40 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Signed up in August 2018 and just passed 900 TPE today, no money spent. Just time and dedication.

• Commissioner

Ultimately a donation at most is 17 uncapped per season, plus a bit of store money which doesn’t really translate directly. So at absolute peak of you get 170 uncapped over the total of a career (retire at the deadline, donate for that season, donate VHLM season and then donate all 8 VHL seasons). It’s not nothing but 170 TPE isn’t make or breaking a career and that would be spending $200.

He's not entirely wrong but like has been said, 17 TPE a season isn't going to make or break a career (hell look at the difference between Dragomir and Arroyo). It's not like you can pay as much as you want for the blues to line their pockets, it's a small amount to pay for server hosting costs and recruitment avenues. As much as everyone wants to be a max earner, it's rare that someone actually consistently does every single task for their entire career.

• Victor changed the title to NYA/SEA: S65 off-season