Riga Reign Press Conference

1. So much pain, trying our best to stay positive!

2. I certainly get pumped when the GM comes into the locker room to shout at us.

3. Prague

4. The same way I'd find a word that rhymes with orange.

5. Any Tarantino movie, they're crap.

6. Milan Kundera books, like The Joke.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:09 AM, Ledge and Dairy said:

:rig::rig::rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig::rig::rig:

Week ending 06/06

`0606060606060606060606060606

1. The team has had some heart-breaking close losses this season. What do you do to get the guys motivated after a tough loss?

2. Who is that guy in our locker room that's always there to pick everyone else with an inspiring speech or act?

3. Who do you think is our biggest rival in the VHL?

4. How would you describe the colour orange to a blind person?

5. What is the cheesiest movie you have ever seen?

6. What is the best book you have ever read? 

Shoutouts: @Eynhallow for being a gracious loser (although those puck skates are just in time for Ontario golf courses opening eh)

1. i dance the pain away :3

2.hmmm we have many great people that raise people up like ledge, cabe mcjake, etc such a nice team :)

3.The americans tanky is my biggest foe

4.its the fruit except the color :3

5.the first harry potter

6.count of monte cristo was really good :3

On 6/2/2021 at 2:09 PM, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/06

1. The team has had some heart-breaking close losses this season. What do you do to get the guys motivated after a tough loss?

2. Who is that guy in our locker room that's always there to pick everyone else with an inspiring speech or act?

Shoutouts: @Eynhallow for being a gracious loser (although those puck skates are just in time for Ontario golf courses opening eh)

1. promise post game blowies if we get the job done.

2. obvious choice is Linus

3. Helstinki, maybe davos or malmo too

4. its pure meh, idk anyone whos favorite color is orange yet nobody hates it.

5. the mighty ducks movies, there just straight trash I don't understand why people like them

6. i never learnt how to read

On 6/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/06

1 Punching Simon in the nose

2 to be honest @Ledge and Dairy, @youloser1337 and @tcookie really helped me, so I'm going with them, I also try to do some inspiring speech but I suck at it, like in hockey lol

3 Dc, Prague and Helsinki.

4 the best color in the world, after all, he can't tell i'm wrong, this was a bad joke

5 Beneath, that film should be an horror but in the end it was so bad that I laughed for days and days

6 I'm a big fan of Jules Vernes books so I will go with 20,000,000 leagues under the sea.

Letting them to beat up the opponent team after the match.

Ledge, Thunder and Lose.

Helsinki cause we meet in playoffs a lot.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do that.

...not watching movies. again.

as if I'm reading books as well. don't even remember the last tim I read a book. like 15 years ago or something lol

Week ending 06/06

1. The team has had some heart-breaking close losses this season. What do you do to get the guys motivated after a tough loss? drink then get sleep wake up ready to go 

2. Who is that guy in our locker room that's always there to pick everyone else with an inspiring speech or act? id say hedge he can be odd sometimes lol 

3. Who do you think is our biggest rival in the VHL? all EU teams. 

4. How would you describe the colour orange to a blind person? hahah id say its bright for there reaction 

5. What is the cheesiest movie you have ever seen? any romantic comedy 

6. What is the best book you have ever read? anything that Stephan king writes... pure gold 

Week ending 06/06

1. The team has had some heart-breaking close losses this season. What do you do to get the guys motivated after a tough loss? drink then get sleep wake up ready to go 

2. Who is that guy in our locker room that's always there to pick everyone else with an inspiring speech or act? id say hedge he can be odd sometimes lol 

4. How would you describe the colour orange to a blind person? hahah id say its bright for there reaction 

6. What is the best book you have ever read? anything that Stephan king writes... pure gold 

Week ending 06/06

On 6/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/06

1) I mean it's tough, sometimes. But I know and I think all the guys know we're doing the right things, playing the right way and it's going to work out for us if we stay patient.

2) Zetterstrom

3) It's a sad answer but do we really have a rival right now? Maybe Malmo because we've been fighting them for a playoff spot the last couple of seasons. Maybe Prague because they're the only team we've played in the playoffs with this current group. I think there's a Riga/Helsinki rivalry as hedge says, but I haven't been able to experience it.

4) It looks like how an orange (the fruit) tastes. Does that make sense? I have no idea.

5) I'm not sure.

6) It's probably been like a decade since I read books, but I did love the Harry Potter series when I was in school. I'll say any one of them.

I would show them a video of the Pretenders from Toronto as an educational device as to how not to play hockey !!!

Yup, its gotta be Linus Zettersrom @Ledge and Dairy.  I almost forgive him for being a Habs fan !!!

Everyone!!  We gotta get on a winning streak and make a splash in the playoffs.  Can't miss out again !!!  

It feels warm and smells and tastes like orange juice.

Thats a tough one because I have watched way to many cheesy movies while being trapped inside during covid.  The Avengers (1998) comes to mind.  Flimsy plot, Cheap special effects, absolutely dumb plot and underwhelming performances by some really good actors/actresses.

Day of the Triffyds (John Winham)

Week ending 06/13

1. The Reign recently acquired Jolly Greene Giant and Oh Sens from the Toronto Legion in exchange for Addison McLaren and Han Jae Kuk, with multiple draft picks involved. What did you think of the deal?

2. Who is the scariest team to play right now?

3. What do we do about our goalie situation, with Harvey gone next season?

4. What was your favourite cereal growing up?

5. What was the best gift you ever received?

6. Which player do you hate the most in the NHL?

Shoutouts to @Eynhallow who always puts a ton of details into his presser answers and they're consistently fun to read, and @RedSus's friggin answers that make me chuckle

3 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/13

1. The Reign recently acquired Jolly Greene Giant and Oh Sens from the Toronto Legion in exchange for Addison McLaren and Han Jae Kuk, with multiple draft picks involved. What did you think of the deal?

Shoutouts to @Eynhallow who always puts a ton of details into his presser answers and they're consistently fun to read, and @RedSus's friggin answers that make me chuckle

1. risky but why not take it with how the team has been. i like what we got back from it tho.

2. warsaw, don't know how there so good tbh

3. have sovick as our starter i guess maybe draft beks goalie and by the time he's ready svoick will be regressing.

4.Rappers & Cereal — Good Morning! Wake up Mr. Chex, Mr. Chex, Mr....

5.a bible 

6.trevor zegras

I think these guys have made an immediate impact, so it's good to see. I hope I'm not next on the trading block though

At the moment, I think the scariest team we're playing is ourselves.

I think the draft may resolve that, depeding on where we select

I hated cereal. In order to be the elite level athlete I am, I only ate hard-boiled eggs and drank raw eggs.

Getting drafted to the VHL by Riga.

Auston Matthews because go sens go

Edited by Bojovnik

13 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/13

1. i think its sad to see frens go but nice to meet new frens :3

2.dragons kind of looking deadly

3.we pick up @Joker_TMhe likes fighting :3

4.bad for you but cinnamon toast crunch was fire

5.getting drafted by riga :3

6.brad marchand :3

On 6/10/2021 at 4:36 AM, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/13

1. It's sad to see McLaren go, he was a good guy to have around the locker room but we are in a bit of a tough spot right now and if we are gonna get ourselves out of it we have to take some risks. We got a good return and I'm excited to see how the new guys improve the team.

2. Maybe Warsaw, they have been so good for so long and it's always a hard game to win.

3. I think we should try and draft Emeritus, he would might not be able to be a starter straight away but he would solve our goalie problem for a while in the future.

4. I love krave, it's great both with milk or dry.

5. I got a small wooden gun that shot elastic bands and it was super fun to play with as a kid.

6. Either Tom Wilson or Ryan Reeves. Two guys that consistently make dirty plays. 

On 6/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, Ledge and Dairy said:

Week ending 06/13

1 it was a nice deal but i really miss mcLaren

2 everyone that has more point than us lol

3 I hope that next season we can find a good goalie as a free agent 

4 I live in Europe so we don't have that much of cereals like in the USA or Canada but my favorite are the choco pops or the frosties

5 the Ps4

6 well i'm not going to sound original but  Tom Wilson is for sure  one of the players that  I hate the most 

Overall it makes a lot of sense and, so, I like it.  We will miss Addy though.

Its gotta be the Bears.  The stats say it all.

Is Harvey retiring ??  A trade for an active young goalie might be the solution.

Cheerios....still is in fact,

My dad gave me his cottage where I spend most of my summers.

Tom Wilson as he doesn't seem to respect other players at all.

Presser, week ending 20.06

1. We're in the final stretch and hot on Malmo's heels. Can we make it into the fifth spot?

2. What's been the major factor in our good form over the past week?

3. Are you feeling good about your game or do you feel you have more in the tank?

4. In what areas have you seen the most improvement in your play this year?

5. How difficult is it to be playing hockey in a cold rink when it's summer and the sun is shining?

6. Do you have any travel plans for the summer vacation?

10 hours ago, Bojovnik said:

1. We're in the final stretch and hot on Malmo's heels. Can we make it into the fifth spot?

3. Are you feeling good about your game or do you feel you have more in the tank?

5. How difficult is it to be playing hockey in a cold rink when it's summer and the sun is shining?

1. yos, malmo is choking we got this

2. attair mccloud playing like a boss and for once were not leaking goals

3. my player is underperforming like usual smh, but as long as we make the playoffs its all good

4. i've been getting a wierd amount of assists this season which is weird because i intended to build a goalscorer

5. it's not difficult to me, kinda refreshing actually.

6. goin to mexico bb wooooooooooooooo

On 6/19/2021 at 11:25 AM, Bojovnik said:

1 of course we can, we are Riga baby

2 Just  Sths making finally some sense

3Of course I am feeling good I am actually at 55 points, wich is my new carrer high, but i feel I can do more.

4 Team play, making a lot of assits

5 Really hard, because you might also be feeling sick

6 As of right now, no, I am a last minute traveler.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:25 AM, Bojovnik said:

1. 100%. I believe. 

2. I'm not honestly sure what it is. Still getting familiar with the team.

3. I think I have a lot more in the tank!

4. Definitely shots blocked.

5. I love both, so you wish you could do both at the same time.

6. Going to Puerto Rico!

On 6/19/2021 at 5:25 AM, Bojovnik said:

1. With the way we've been playin, there is zero doubt in my mind

2. McCloud catching fire and the recent trades have all been instrumental for sure

3. Honestly I've been slowing down in terms of scoring for sure, but being able to log big minutes all season is a great accomplishment and doing so in the playoffs is the goal

4. I actually found I'm taking a lot more shots, which is great since I've been getting a lot of PP goals

5. The hardest part is going from hot and sweaty to being covered in velcro and tight equipment. Believe me, I know from experience

6. Ontario is still locked down pretty tight, so nothing huge, but hopefully I can get out of my town at least.

Thanks again man for bailing me out :cheers:

At this time we are 2 points behind Malmo with a game in hand.  Recently we have been either winning or taking points in every game played.  The schedules have similar levels of difficulty.  so, given recent experiences with STHS, my answer would be a firm "Maybe"

I think the recent trade has provided us with a winning formula.  The question really is was this too little, too late ?

I don't know if there is more in the tank so much as that Isau seems to be near the top of his current performance envelope.

Isau will end up with 30 points more this year than last.  That is an increase of about 60%.  After 72 game Isau applied 114 hits last season.  He will end up with about 230 hits this season.  That is a 100% increase.

That depends on really how hot it is outside.  A cool arena might be a relief.

Personally, travel is still out (covid-related).  As far as Isau is concerned.  He will likely make his annual pilgrimage back to Swords.

Presser 27.06

1. So the season ended with us just missing out on the playoffs. How disappointing was it not to get it done in the final game?

2. The Reign lost out to Malmo via tiebreak. Do you think the VHL should pick another tiebreak instead of wins?

3. What was the most positive thing of the season for you?

4. Do you think that the Reign will have a shot of winning the draft lottery?

5. What are your plans for the off-season?

6. What makes something funny?