Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 10/15/2023 at 7:34 AM, Steve said:

Team presser 10/15

1. What type of player do you have or working towards? Role model, enforcer?

2. The team is going to be young and grow together. I like this idea, do you?

3. What is the one thing our GM needs to improve in the locker room?

4. What motivates you to even be in this league? I like to make new friends.

5. Do you have any plans during the off-season break?

6. What is a bad habit you want to stop doing?

1. I try to model my player of off the fanbase of swifties

2. no, @Spartan  sucks

3. He needs more of me in it

4. honestly good question, probably spartan telling me he misses me so so so much and then @N0HBDY drunk texting me

5. I'll be working construction and ripping some cigs

6. ripping cigs from the above answer

On 10/15/2023 at 4:34 AM, Steve said:

Team presser 10/15

1. What type of player do you have or working towards? Role model, enforcer?

2. The team is going to be young and grow together. I like this idea, do you?

3. What is the one thing our GM needs to improve in the locker room?

4. What motivates you to even be in this league? I like to make new friends.

5. Do you have any plans during the off-season break?

6. What is a bad habit you want to stop doing?

1. Sniper or power forward

2. Yes, having players from the same draft season or close to it is always a good idea imo.

3. I have no idea, I'm not there. I'll say give out cupcakes to everyone.

4. I'd say my interest hockey just making my own player, I like role play factor of it.

5. Just to get ready for the next season.

6. Idk, staying up to late often and going to work tired.

Team Presser 10/22

1. It's been slow going this off season. What do you do for excitement?

2. With the draft over, what are your thoughts on our draft picks?

3. Our GM has been on vacation for several days but still managed to do the draft, how well did he do?

4. If you had a few weeks to burn, what country would you like to go to?

5. What is your favorite hobby? I like to read and paint.

6. Do you follow the NHL? What team do you cheer for?

10 hours ago, Steve said:

Team Presser 10/22

3. Our GM has been on vacation for several days but still managed to do the draft, how well did he do?

1. The offseason is a great time to spend time away from the VHL and enjoy life. Take a vacation, or pick up another casual hobby. It'll prevent burnout here.

2. As a player this was a perfect spot to land, a very young team with a lot of future assets remaining. As a GM, very excited to bring back N0H who last played for me and Moscow back In S79 when we were still a rebuilding team.

3. Yet to be seen! I think we got our positions of need even if we went a little overkill with hoarding top picks.

4. I'd like to go to Italy for a week and then maybe Greece for another week. Very interested in classical history and mythology of those two countries and cultures, as well as the food!

5. Big into gaming and have also become a bit of a foodie. Especially this summer it was nice to go out with friends and hit up a lot of new breweries and restaurants.

6. Pittsburgh Penguins!!

18 hours ago, Steve said:

Team Presser 10/22

1) I've actually been playing an MMO pretty heavily recently so I've been doing that - it sucks up my time
2) I am excited about our picks! Will really help our rebuild so I'm excited about things to come.
3) He did a great job. I'm glad I came here because I feel he does a fantastic job overall.

4) I think I'd go to Costa Rica, check out their rainforests, wildlife, and I suppose i could hit a beach or two.
5) My favourite hobby is either playing video games or programming. Kind of bounces between the two.
6) Toronto Maple Leafs. Was born in Toronto, family all cheered for them so I kind of inherited the pain.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:17 AM, Steve said:

Team Presser 10/22

1. I tag @Spartan  in every discord channel I can find to annoy him. Then, if I get bored of that, I play Starfield

2. We're going to have an elite squad in 2-3 seasons, so that's nice

3. I'm more curious what time in India Spartan had to draft at, also explaining to your family why you're up at 4am drafting virtual players had to be great
4. Hmmmm probably Italy. My family is from there, and it's just ridiculously beautiful and calming in the northern areas.

5. Hmm I like both golf and hockey currently. I suck at both so they get frustrating, but thats how I get better

6. Red Wings baby! We look good for the first time in almost a decade!!!

16 minutes ago, twists said:

I'm more curious what time in India Spartan had to draft at, also explaining to your family why you're up at 4am drafting virtual players had to be great

Believe it was 4:30. And didn't have to explain anything, I did everything from my phone in bed. Headphones on, was chilling. I generally wake up around 4:30-5 due to jetlag anyways so it wasn't a surprise to anyone.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:17 AM, Steve said:
  • It's been slow going this off season. What do you do for excitement?

• With the draft over, what are your thoughts on our draft picks?

• Our GM has been on vacation for several days but still managed to do the draft, how well did he do?

• If you had a few weeks to burn, what country would you like to go to?

• What is your favorite hobby? I like to read and paint.

• Do you follow the NHL? What team do you cheer for?

Hey...crashing your PC

1. Miserably slow off-season.  I have been writing shitty articles for TPE to get Ninefingers some points to be worth a shit come this VHLM season.

2. Moscow has had winning ways since I've joined VHL.  I give Moscow and A++++ for their picks.  Going to be great for years to come.

3. Amazing.  Hope he's enjoying it

4. Ireland 

5. I love to read, workout, and recently, golf.

6. I live near Seattle so I root for them but my fav team has always been Edmonton, even through the shitty years

It's been slow going this off season. What do you do for excitement?

I rearrange all the items in my pantry so the labels all face outwards at 90 degrees. 

With the draft over, what are your thoughts on our draft picks?

Unless you pre-drafted Adi Dassler, I have little regard for the place holders that you added this draft. 

Our GM has been on vacation for several days but still managed to do the draft, how well did he do?

Your GM assembled a motley crew to assist in the draft and by all accounts they shall never be given that level of responsibility again.

If you had a few weeks to burn, what country would you like to go to?

USA,USA,USA. I was going with Palestine, but.....you know.

What is your favorite hobby? I like to read and paint.

I like organizing my boobie folders into catergories.

Do you follow the NHL? What team do you cheer for?

I do not follow the NHL, although I have been forced to pay attention as I'm in the VHL Fantasy Hockey league. My team is apparently 75% scrubs.

I wear my hat backwards

Good picks I would say, early picks look to have potential to be important players for Moscow in the future, and later picks also appear to have enough potential to help Moscow win, that is all you can hope for!

Our GM has been on vacation for several days but still managed to do the draft, how well did he do?

He is on vacation?

Somewhere hot/warm of course. Finnish winter is fast approaching, so I would go sit under the sun and enjoy the warm weather.

I paint with my words, I specialize in horror stories, I call them paintings.

I don't follow NHL that much, but I do check the results here and there, and read on how the Finnish players are doing.

Nothing, I am lost without the VHL.

Well with so many high picks it's bound to be good for the future of the organization.

Spartan could draft from Mars and still do well.

Somewhere far like Australia or New Zealand - make it worth the while.

Currently it's golf. 

Toronto Maple Leafs, for better or for worse.

Presser for 11/4

1. Have you looked at our roster? What's your thought on our team so far?

2. Are you loyal to the team or are you a traveling type of player. Nothing wrong with either.

3. I went to Wendy's fast food here in town. Got home and my burger had no meat. You ever have anything happen like that?

4. Have you ever met an NHL legend or very popular player in real life? I met a few back in the day.

5. I want to be a high scoring player that plays well with others. What play style are you going for?

6. Spartan has been on vacation for a long time. Does anyone actually miss him?

On 10/29/2023 at 12:18 AM, Steve said:

Presser for 11/4

2. Are you loyal to the team or are you a traveling type of player. Nothing wrong with either.

3. I went to Wendy's fast food here in town. Got home and my burger had no meat. You ever have anything happen like that?

4. Have you ever met an NHL legend or very popular player in real life? I met a few back in the day.

5. I want to be a high scoring player that plays well with others. What play style are you going for?

1. You guys should be an exciting team to watch play!!

2.Very loyal to my team. I’ve only every played for one team on both players I’ve had 

3.no but i went to McDonald’s once and there was a bite out of my burger lol

4. I’m related to Jim Rutherford the gm/president of Canucks or whatever he is up to these days lol

5.2 way sniper, want to be able to play good defence but be a lethal scoring option.

6. A VHL without spartan is no VHL, so I’m sure someone misses him ;) 

On 10/29/2023 at 1:18 AM, Steve said:

Presser for 11/4

1) I admittedly haven't looked too closely yet. I have faith in Spartan ;)
2) I like to be loyal to a team, in life in general I am a loyal person.
3) I have never been missing meat from a burger but plenty of times missing items from the order I only spot once I get home and it's annoying
4) I don't think I've met any players other than Dave Dryden who was the vice principal at my middle school.
5) I want to be a high scoring player who plays well with others too!
6) Spartan is away? I didn't even know! ;)

Have you looked at our roster? What's your thought on our team so far?

Looks like a team, interesting to see how the season starts!

Are you loyal to the team or are you a traveling type of player. Nothing wrong with either.

I am neither, I play where I am needed, and I travel where I want to go.

I went to Wendy's fast food here in town. Got home and my burger had no meat. You ever have anything happen like that?

Nothing like that, but I once got a chicken wrap and the juices dropped to my pants when I ate it.

Have you ever met an NHL legend or very popular player in real life? I met a few back in the day.

Never, closest to a NHL legend I have been is me watching them in television.

I want to be a high scoring player that plays well with others. What play style are you going for?

I will be the great equalizer, I will show all the coaches that no matter how many points the players in my line will put up - there is still work to be done, especially defensively.

Spartan has been on vacation for a long time. Does anyone actually miss him?

Spartan is always on the holidays these days, how do we know it is him actually doing the GM work when he "returns" and not some random person he pays  pocket money, so Spartan can continue his holidays?

Presser for 11/4

1. I'm on it so by default its the best roster in the league

2. I'm loyal to Moscow, they're the only team that hasn't traded me yet
3. They knew. Or they were really high. Either one I blame you for it
4. I've met quite a few. Most of the core Red Wings team I have met. Ironically, the only person I haven't is Yzerman
5. Honestly I don't care either way. I could be the best stay at home defenseman ever, or I could score goals. Whatever helps the team more
6. no

On 10/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, Steve said:

Presser for 11/4

1. You guys look like a pretty solid team, probably need a bit more top tier talent but some of the players should grow into it in the next season or two.

2. Probably gonna be a more loyal type player.

3. I don't think I have but have definitely been with people who had that happen to them.

4. Sadly no.

5. Sniper/power forward.

6. Yes, I do.

Presser for 11/4

1. I hope so, I play here (and GM here). But I think it's a very young team that should grow into its talent very soon. It reminds me of the NJ Devils of the past few seasons, going from a very young team that needs to get their skates under them to one of the league's premier powerhouses within a few seasons.

2. I don't have issues being loyal as long as team circumstances remain favorable. I've been pretty open with that on every player I've had and I even lay out specifics to teams if needed. Here in Moscow, I'll be the starting goaltender for a contender for a while so I'm happy to stick around.

3. I've never missed out on components within items, but I've definitely had things forgotten if I order delivery. Makes me sad when my drink gets forgotten.

4. I haven't met any hockey players, but I've met Ike Taylor, Antonio Brown and Cortez Allen from the Steelers before.

5. Well....as a goalie, I'd like to be a good one :D. Not much play style for us here in the VHL, the style is "puck stopper."

6. I hope so 🥲

Presser 11/5

1. Anyone get a chance to listen to our leaders podcast? If so, how can we get him to do more?
2. We are winless so far. I know we are rebuilding and we all knew it would go like this, but do you still hate losing? I do.
3. The lines are getting moved around and the boss is seeing who plays better with each player. Is this a good strat since we really are lacking in builds and things are going to change the way we play anyway? 
4. Everyone has a hobby. Some hobbies are kind of stupid and I don't tell anyone. Do you have any hobbies that others might not understand why you like it?
5. Quiz time: What skill should every player on the team have a high level of tpe invested in? Only correct answers count.
6. If you had to make a new player all over again, like right now, what would you change if anything? 
Bonus question/comment: Have you ever reviewed graphics for you weekly tasks? If not, there are so many that need reviewing and go unnoticed that it should be a real fast task to do. A simple review will sometimes make a member even more motivated to be active. Active=Good. 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:43 AM, Steve said:

Presser 11/5

1. Anyone get a chance to listen to our leaders podcast? If so, how can we get him to do more?
2. We are winless so far. I know we are rebuilding and we all knew it would go like this, but do you still hate losing? I do.
3. The lines are getting moved around and the boss is seeing who plays better with each player. Is this a good strat since we really are lacking in builds and things are going to change the way we play anyway? 
4. Everyone has a hobby. Some hobbies are kind of stupid and I don't tell anyone. Do you have any hobbies that others might not understand why you like it?
5. Quiz time: What skill should every player on the team have a high level of tpe invested in? Only correct answers count.
6. If you had to make a new player all over again, like right now, what would you change if anything? 
Bonus question/comment: Have you ever reviewed graphics for you weekly tasks? If not, there are so many that need reviewing and go unnoticed that it should be a real fast task to do. A simple review will sometimes make a member even more motivated to be active. Active=Good. 

1. I didn't but I bet Spartan and I could get on a podcast and it would get him to do more. Maybe I won't claim welfare this week and we'll see if I can convince @Spartan  to do one with me
2. Losing always sucks, but we're progressing as a team and getting our defense better. As long as we're improving I don't hate it as much
3. I mean Spartan still hasn't won a cup with Moscow, so we can be pretty sure his strats aren't it
4. I am a huge credit card nerd. I'm a pro at getting the best cashback for all of my purchases. I probably have around 8 different cards to optimize my free money in cashback form (make sure not to carry a balance tho!)
5. DF! I KNOW THIS ONE
6. Well, I wouldn't go IA for a full season, that would probably help

Not yet, but lets all team up and start updating fighting until he starts making them more often.

I have been eating porridge every morning for some time now, and I have to say I feel a lot better because of it.

Sometimes you need to switch things around and see if something clicks, hopefully something clicks.

I write articles to a simulation hockey forum.

Fighting. If you are not willing to fight, how can you win fights?

I don't know enough about graphics and/or how to make them, so I can not judge the graphics too fairly.

Edited by jRuutu

On 11/5/2023 at 6:43 AM, Steve said:

Presser 11/5

1. I think I listened to it. I also just released another one yesterday with Twists and Doomsday! Check it out.

2. Well we have a single win now. Pretty on track with the Sharks in the NHL. But I agree, losing sucks and I would like to win more games for sure. But I'm also very happy to continue working on our young players' development on a weekly basis, facilitate their improvement and enter next season and beyond with a fantastic young core.

3. I will say that this is one of the few times in my GM'ing career where I've been this experimental with lines, and at this frequency. When you have a competitive team that performs well, there's rarely line changes to be made. Now when we're having a losing/tanking season, it's a great time to mess around knowing that there's no expectations to be winning games.

4. I enjoy collecting pens and quarters. The quarters is pretty neat, I have the entire 50 US states collection and they released more limited edition coins for parks and locations over the years. And pens are just nice to get since I like pens that feel great to write with. Just makes an annoying task a little better if the pen feels great in my hand and on paper.

5. Leadership tbh. Take the burden off my back.

6. I'd probably try to be a bit more patient with another player. I feel like I've always been very high on all my players and it leads to a lot of disappointment. Maybe not having such high expectations and rushing to load up on TPE would give me a better overall experience.

Bonus: I don't review graphics but I usually chat with members who get their graphics denied for low effort. I'm not a big graphics guy, I'm not talented in that area. But I can usually offer some small tips or areas to focus on to try and make a graphic look a little nice. So reviews are off the table since I can't muster up 75 words to tell a graphics maker how I'd do it better.