Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 8/21/2022 at 11:28 PM, STZ said:

Week of August 15th - 21st

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. Another disappointing end to the year, as we lose to the Warsaw Predators. Initial thoughts after the loss?

2. What are your main takeaways from the year as a whole? 

3. What do you focus on as we enter the off-season?

4. Do you see your player returning to the Menace for next season?

5. Who do you think is the most exciting prospect in this year's Entry Draft?

6. What skill will you be focusing on for Training Camp this season?

1. I think that we gave them a really good run for their money.

2. My main takeaway is that I am a player that deserves to play in this league. 

3. I'm mostly gonna be focusing on earning TPE in my free time.

4. Unfortunately not. The team is in a tough spot right now and they don't really have the cap space to keep me. 

5. I have no idea to be honest. I haven't been paying attention to the incoming players and I don't feel like searching for any right now. 

6. I'll probably need to bolster up my scoring a bit.  

Week of August 21st - 28th

1. This off-season feels like it could be a while, what has/will occupied your time: WJC, World Cup, Taking a break, or nothing - just waiting for start of season sims?

2. The VHL Draft is over and it looks like Moscow is looking to continue it's contending trends as we just drafted our next goalie of the future in @Acydburn. What are your thoughts on Moscow trading up to nab a stud goalie prospect. We still ride Papa this year, but with kobe retiring, Acyd's player should be one of the more elite back-up goalies.

3. There's been many trades, team shake-ups, GM changes, VHLM Commish changes, and all-round changes to the league this off-season (only a few days in too). What change or off-season development do you think is the best so far?

4. Spartan has once again worked his magic and re-tooled the team to be competitive this season. We didn't loose a marquee player like Idaho, but we did unfortunately have to lose le Massif. How do you think the team looks going into next season?

5. Are there any games on the upcoming season schedule that you have especially marked on your calendar?

6. There's a lot of things coming up in the off season, make sure to watch for Discord "TPE Alerts" as we will notify you of all TPE opportunities. Do you plan on participating in the VHFL? Easy TPE!

10 minutes ago, STZ said:

1. This off-season feels like it could be a while, what has/will occupied your time: WJC, World Cup, Taking a break, or nothing - just waiting for start of season sims?

2. The VHL Draft is over and it looks like Moscow is looking to continue it's contending trends as we just drafted our next goalie of the future in @Acydburn. What are your thoughts on Moscow trading up to nab a stud goalie prospect. We still ride Papa this year, but with kobe retiring, Acyd's player should be one of the more elite back-up goalies.

3. There's been many trades, team shake-ups, GM changes, VHLM Commish changes, and all-round changes to the league this off-season (only a few days in too). What change or off-season development do you think is the best so far?

4. Spartan has once again worked his magic and re-tooled the team to be competitive this season. We didn't loose a marquee player like Idaho, but we did unfortunately have to lose le Massif. How do you think the team looks going into next season?

5. Are there any games on the upcoming season schedule that you have especially marked on your calendar?

6. There's a lot of things coming up in the off season, make sure to watch for Discord "TPE Alerts" as we will notify you of all TPE opportunities. Do you plan on participating in the VHFL? Easy TPE!

1. Pre-draft it was looking up prospects and doing roster simulations that are within the cap. Now it's World Cup and relaxing!

2. Honestly couldn't be more excited about the move and draft pick, That 7th overall pick was the highest value pick in the whole draft, essentially got a 1st overall draftee because teams in front of us were already set on goalies. Getting a franchise goalie can be difficult, so I'm excited for the future ahead. I think Ideally Acyd's goalie stays down this season so that regression hits him less hard in the later parts of his career. Maybe he goes back to back in the E, and carries that energy to us in S86 and we win then.

3. Super impressed with Vancouver. @Frank has molded an exceptional roster, and understands the value of having strong ELC's. Roster and team-wise, it's hard to choose anyone else who has done as much this off-season. With Nico Pearce, I'm tempted to call them front-runners for next season with them having so many max earners who are low tpe. Come playoffs, their lowest player will probably be 625 TPE, which makes for unrelenting depth and scoring opportunities.

4. Sad to see le Massif go tbh. Although with my player having 58 checking, I was slightly afraid of our entire team taking more penalties with le Massif and myself on the same line. I'm pumped for the season ahead, @Spartan  has definitely made the right moves in my opinion. Pressure's on for me though this season! Hopefully Sogaard can carry his own weight being the #1 winger on the team now. 

5. Probably Vancouver. I'm curious to see how we stack up against that roster early-season, mid-season, and late-season.

6. You betcha! Hopefully we don't have 3 Moscow players in the same group (although we did well all things considered)

4 hours ago, STZ said:

1. Sergey has been rightfully selected to the World Cup, so of course that'll take most of his time during the offseason

2. I say it's a nice pickup, Moscow's veteran core is slowly fading away. It's time to draft for the future and that starts with a goaltender.

3. For sure it would be Spartan taking on VHLM commish with Gustav

4. We are definitely still in a position to win the Continental Cup, no need to worry.

5. I have all my games marked on the calendar, Sergey is ready to beat the living hell out of anyone that stands in his way.

6. Of course, free TPE is always something I'll participate in

Edited by Bulduray_1

1. Relaxing and claiming welfare. Don’t judge me.

2. I myself was the result of a move-up to draft trade. It feels really special to know that a team wants you enough to give up extra assets to get you. I hope Acyd turns out better for us than I did for DC (1 season, 0G 7A).

3. Well, *obviously* his best pickup was Jannik Nylen. Nothing like a stud, pass-first defenseman to get the forwards all riled up!

4. Two words for ya. “C’est Magnifique”

5. My first game back in Toronto is gonna be an emotional one for sure. It was hard to tell them goodbye, and I hope the fans treat me well when I get back.

6. Yeah, for sure. Free tpe is free tpe after all

16 hours ago, STZ said:

1.Just focusing on improvements this offseason

2.Having a solid net minder is always a good investment can't be upset about the pick and trade up

3.As a member of LVA in M just going to see if we/they can get the three-peat

4.As long as everyone continues to put the work in, I have faith in the GM to put guys in the right spots

5.Not yet, if I make it up to L it'll be my first game marked obviously

6.I do the offseason is a great time to make improvements and prepare for the up coming season and it's all about grinding and getting the W's

On 8/28/2022 at 11:32 PM, STZ said:

1. I had the WJC with team Europe last week which went OK. Not quite the heroics of last season but 3rd place is good.

2. I think the next Moscow team is coming together well and once all of the prospects move up and hit their peak in the VHL, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

3. I haven't been able to keep up with all the moves but my old AGM in Bratislava leandro got a GM job and I think he will do super well.

4. I think the team is looking good to take a good shot at the playoffs. If everyone can work hard this season then we could lift the cup at the end of it.

5. The Riga games for sure, my last player was on Riga for pretty much his whole career so it will be weird but fun to play against them.

6. I always seen to do well in VHFL (usually 1st or 2nd in my group) so yeah easy TPE.

Week of August 28th - September 4th

STOLEN Q'S EDITION (I Stole a Random Question from different PC's)

1. You have to choose 1: VHL Championship, MVP, or HOF Player. Why did you choose that?

2. If we had to name this season what title would it be? 

3. Do you think that there are more wheels or doors in the world?

4. Who is Warsaw's Moscow's biggest threat this season if we have one?

5. What has surprised you the most and least about your player since creating them?

6. Would You Rather sleep wearing handcuffs or a bike helmet?

Didn't even change the formatting...

On 8/28/2022 at 6:32 PM, STZ said:

1. I'm taking a break and i'm going to be gone backpacking while on vacation soon enough. Hoping to come back refreshed for next season.

2. It's the most important position in hockey it's never a bad idea to go after a goalie you like in the draft. Papa has been great for us and will be a awesome mentor for the kid just breaking into the league/

3. I haven't really been paying attention to be honest, i've been taking a small break this offseason and I haven't stayed current with anything.

4. Different, for me I played well with Massif so he'll be greatly missed. Hopefully I can recreate some of that chemistry with my new line mates this year. 

5. It doesn't matter what team we face, we're here to win games and that's my goal.  

6. Of course! I do every year, it's been a great opportunity for uncapped tpe every season

doin some lil gm job and then waiting for the season, nothing else

tbh I'd draft him if Spart didnt make that trade so good on him

still waiting for the regression changes

EU is weak ass this season so no worries here

Nothing really. just play a game and stuff

ye I do some fantasy, maybe this time I'll have a better luck

On 9/4/2022 at 2:51 PM, STZ said:

1. You have to choose 1: VHL Championship, MVP, or HOF Player. Why did you choose that?

4. Who is Moscow's biggest threat this season if we have one?

5. What has surprised you the most and least about your player since creating them?

1. VHL Championship. With 16 teams in the league now, it's an extremely difficult trophy to achieve. Also, the fun in the locker room during a playoff run can't be beat in my opinion.

2. Wow, NA is actually competitive

3. If you include toy cars, my guess would be wheels, but who actually knows

4. In EU I feel like it will be Warsaw again, maybe Davos, but Warsaw made 3 defensemen work somehow last season, which I have no idea how when you take into consideration penalty kills with only 2 defensemen. In NA it will be Vancouver for sure.

5. Most would be my VHLE season stats wise was disgustingly low, although my inactive center on my line for the entire season was one of the worst built players I have seen. Surprised me the least is how much I would enjoy being in the VHL again. 

6. Holy smokes those sound horrible. I would say handcuffs, I feel like my neck would be destroyed with a bike helmet, unless I was able to make a custom pillow built specifically to support it properly.

On 9/4/2022 at 10:51 PM, STZ said:

1. Honestly I'd take a VHL championship with this Moscow team. I've never won a championship and that's my main goal.

2. I'd go the Phantom Menace, I think that we are a dark horse for the championship and people might not realise it until we are there. I also love a good star wars pun

3. I think it's doors when you take into account things like wardrobes cupboards etc...

4. I think both Davos and Warsaw could give us some problems if we don't take top spot in the conference and end up playing them both in the playoffs.

5. Most is how well my player has been performing especially going over 1 PPG last season in the M. The least is probably how versatile my build has been, the sorta can playing anywhere in any situation.

6. I'd rather have the handcuffs because I sleep with my hands sorta close together anyway.

On 9/4/2022 at 5:51 PM, STZ said:

1. VHL championship.  I'm here to win titles

2. "The Menace of Moscow terrorize the VHL" 

3. I honestly have never given that a thought but I'd say doors because most things with wheels also have doors involved.

4. Alone at the top

5. Least would be my sloppy build being a first year guy and most would be getting the offers I have at the levels I have.

6. Bike helmet...

Week of Sept 5 - Sept 11

1. Moscow currently sits at 2-4-2 and we are second last in the EU Conference. What is your level of concern? Do you think we just are in the middle of an early season slump, or do we need to make changes?

2. How did your VHFL draft turn out? Who was your biggest steal?

3. The landscape of the VHL changed a lot this off-season, what team do you think made the best improvements to their line-up?

4. How have you felt about your player in the first week of sims?

5. Turn you player into a Pokemon. Name, Type, and one move.

6. Back to school this week - what was your favorite school subject growing up?

5 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 5 - Sept 11

1. Moscow currently sits at 2-4-2 and we are second last in the EU Conference. What is your level of concern? Do you think we just are in the middle of an early season slump, or do we need to make changes?

Considering that most of our losses were getting goalied and we were outshooting opponents, we should regress into form.

I didn't draft.

3. The landscape of the VHL changed a lot this off-season, what team do you think made the best improvements to their line-up?

Probably Vancouver, it'll be really annoying when they make it back to contention after like two seasons of sucking.

I like the progression he's taken, another 60-ish point season would be nice and that's the way this one is trending.

Joltik, Electric, Giga Drain

Probably Chemistry.

9 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 5 - Sept 11

1. I'm not top worried, I think it's just a bit of bad luck and we'll rebound soon.

2. I feel like my biggest steal was getting Brendan Marner with my 4th pick (so it was like 20th pick of my draft). He's had a great start to the year.

3. The Vancouver Wolves have done some great business getting both Pearce and Miklavz, they look dangerous.

4. I'm loving it honeslty. Currently over a PPG and in the hunt for top rookie. Hopefully I can keep it up and get my hands on that trophy.

5. Name: Steelace, Type: Steel/Fighting, Move: Iron Cannon (100% chance of scoring)

6. It's always been Computing Science and its what I'm still studying at uni.

17 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 5 - Sept 11

1. I think we're okay and just getting RNG'd by Simon. We're generating an unreal amount of shots, and have a really strong powerplay. Line 1 could do better 5on5 but that's about it. One thing to note as well, we have the highest backup goalie games played so far, and our bot has been a muffin.

2. Last round I drafted Poopy Peepants, although I'm not as confident this year as last.

3. Vancouver by far, they are looking to be an extremely strong team. Also, all of their ELC contracts are max earners, meaning any low TPE player now is going to be 600-700+ come playoffs, they are going to be insanely deep.

4. Other than my player playing awful defense and being on the ice for 10 more goals against than goals for, I'm super pleased. Good shot generation compared to last season, and my player is becoming a hitting machine.

5. Pokemon: Voltwing | Type: Electric | Move: Hit & Run - Charge at the enemy and get away (25% chance of scoring)

6. Math, Science, and Law for myself, although as I grew older and after Calculus I would take Math off that list real quick

22 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 5 - Sept 11

2. I think I did pretty well, hoping my final pick Brandt Fuhr was a steal, or Elantz Jokinen. Both poised for large seasons imo.

3. NOT HELSINKI despite what the standings tell us.  It now looks like we miiiight have a bot issue (new meta?).  I really like what Vancouver did, the early trades made it an enticing FA destination and got them back to having a nice competition roster pretty fast.

5. Name would just be "Sova", steel/ice type, ice beam for move.

by looking at the strength of this conference, no concern.

Idk, it was decent maybe? I hope Sogaard puts up some work cause I took him in round 5.

Vancouver looks cool. some minor jump like Malmo too.

Meh. All of them shots and he is still mid.

AK 5/11, Poison/Grass, Solar Beam

nothing....uhmmm ok. Sports, Geography and History

On 9/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, UnkemptCL4PTP said:

1.  Let it play out, we have a great team and it's a new fit let it sort itself out here.

2.  Hoping that I am, I have to continue to work but I am here to have an impact

3.  Well I hope that Moscow has. I know we are off to a slow start but I expect big things.

4.  Still at the M level, just putting work in hopeful to be an important cog in the wheel that is this team.

5.  Robster (play on monster) Fighting type, Dizzy punch

6.  Science

Week of Sept 12 - 18

1. After a really tough start to the season, Moscow is back to being two points from leading the EU Conference once again. Where do you think we will finish in the standing?

2. Who do you think is the biggest influencer for our success so far this season?

3. What team other than Moscow has impressed you this season?

4. I’ve been rockin a pretty weird sleep schedule recently staying up till like 4am.. how many hours of sleep do you get a day?

5. We’ve been talking a lot in our Discord Gaming channel about new games to play. Any recommendations?

6. NHL season is almost starting back up. How does your favorite team look for the upcoming season?

2 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 12 - 18

1. After a really tough start to the season, Moscow is back to being two points from leading the EU Conference once again. Where do you think we will finish in the standing?

2. Who do you think is the biggest influencer for our success so far this season?

4. I’ve been rockin a pretty weird sleep schedule recently staying up till like 4am.. how many hours of sleep do you get a day?

5. We’ve been talking a lot in our Discord Gaming channel about new games to play. Any recommendations?

6. NHL season is almost starting back up. How does your favorite team look for the upcoming season?

1. I think we will be either 1st or 2nd. Having the bot backup goalie has hurt comparable to last season, more so than I anticipated.

2. I'd have to say Papa, he's having another strong season. Also Preo is doing a fantastic job centering the first line, with 32 pts in 24 games and 4 GWG to boot.

3. So far I'd say London and Prague in terms of placements. Can't forget Seattle, as I'm still unsure how the heck Bana is making his team work with the cap. 5 forwards and a complete CPU bot on the 2nd line feels crazy, but it's working.

4. I'd say I sleep an average of 7-9.5 hours of sleep a day. Not going to lie, I take quite a few afternoon naps throughout the week in between meetings.

5. New Call of Duty when it comes out, I've been playing a good amount of chess recently too. But Apex is still GOAT for how fun and easy it is for everyone to hop on for.

6. I'm interested to see how the Canucks start out the gate this season. They missed the playoffs last season because of their abysmal first 25 games to start the year. I'm hopeful this time around... (famous last words)

The first in EU.

honestly havent paid attention to stats cause AK has been mid so far so idk bout this answer

Jerome found back his mojo and dragging whole London to a non wildcard place

was doing 3-4, now 6+ some progress right here

tbh no not playing much anything

Interesting, to say the least. hope johnny hockey can mesh up well with the rest of teammates

On 9/19/2022 at 12:18 AM, STZ said:

Week of Sept 12 - 18

1. First hands down

2. Papa

3. Warsaw is playing well

4. I get my 6

5. I play Rocket League and Escape from Tarkov

6. I strangely enough do not have a favorite team, I honestly am just a huge fan of the game.