Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. We have been accustom to being at the top of the conference the last couple of seasons, and this season we are 8-8 to start. Do you think it is just the jitters, or is there a real issue in Moscow?

A hole in the forward group. We picked up a 6th forward today so that should help balance things out.

2. The Seabasstard is having a real big start to the season, almost going 2 points per game. Do you think he needs a promotion to the first line, or is it that secondary unit that is throwing teams off?

Lets see how adding in the 6th forward gets things going. I think we will be better for it and we can reassess lines if things dont work out.

3. Our goalie Papa Emeritus got his first SO last sim. What did we do to celebrate our goalies milestone?

He didnt pay for dinner or drinks that day. A big performance deserves a big free meal from his club.

4. What is your favorite way to earn Weekly Capped TPE? Graphic, MS, Welfare?

Having this being my 3rd player I can now collect the 5 welfare so thats what I have been doing. I did used to like making graphics but its not worth the effort for one extra TPE.

5. Have you tried the new Trivia feature on the portal? (Located Under Portal>League>Trivia). How did you find this new application?

I had no clue it was even there. Thanks for the info.

6. How is everyone doing? We are almost halfway through February, I know this can be a rough time of year.. How has everyone been?

It has been a good year so far. Life has been busy but nothing crazy. Happy to be in Moscow in the VHL.

Week of Feb 14th - 20th

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

The Late Edition - I'm Sorry

1. Moscow stands 4th in the EU and 7th overall in the league. Are you happy with where we currently stand?

2. The past two seasons we were dominant, but in this season we've seen some adversity. Is this a good or bad thing as we pass the halfway point of the season?

3. We currently hold a losing record at home, what do you think could be the reason for the lack of home ice advantage?

4. If you could bring one player onto the Moscow from any other VHL team which one would you choose?

5. Leroy Johnson is a staggering 6-2. Is it time to start thinking about who should be getting the starts?

6. How do you feel about your own player's progress this season?

1. Moscow stands 4th in the EU and 7th overall in the league. Are you happy with where we currently stand?

No I wish we had a better record but since the trade it feels like we've been steadily improving. 

2. The past two seasons we were dominant, but in this season we've seen some adversity. Is this a good or bad thing as we pass the halfway point of the season?

Hard to say, but I think I speak for all of us when I say playoff results at this stage are all that matters.

3. We currently hold a losing record at home, what do you think could be the reason for the lack of home ice advantage?

Too much pressure from the fans, after back to back finals losses. 

4. If you could bring one player onto the Moscow from any other VHL team which one would you choose?

Peepy Poopants since him and Moreau could form the ultimate anti meta pairing. Also @JardyB10 is a wonderful human.

5. Leroy Johnson is a staggering 6-2. Is it time to start thinking about who should be getting the starts?

Nope, no disrespect to Leroy but we know who the better of the goalies are. He has been admirable in his role. 

Only really disappointed in my plus minus. Be nice to see my player have a positive rating by seasons end.

14 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Feb 14th - 20th

The Late Edition - I'm Sorry

1. Not one bit, were one bad run away from being out of the playoffs, I want a cushion.

2.We've had our struggles this year, but I think as long as we make the playoffs we can make it happen. 

3. Theres no particular reason why were not performing at home, but for the fans sakes I hope we can start treating them to more home wins as they deserve it.

4. I'd probably go with Druss Deathwalker, Big guy that can roll over some guys and bring a physical edge. 

5. Well I'm always for riding the hot goaltender.

6. Im the last one to complain. I've been doing well and i'm on pace to maybe break the 100 point mark again. But individual stats mean nothing if your team ain't winning consistently.

1. Moscow stands 4th in the EU and 7th overall in the league. Are you happy with where we currently stand?

We will continue to climb. I am not concerned with our position.

Better now than in the playoffs or late in the season. Were on the right track now.

Once they let all the fans back in the building we will be fine.

Dan Dan. He is a good dude and has a very good player.

The sim works in mysterious ways. Gotta stick with Papa though.

Not great but he is still building up to his potential.

9 hours ago, Frank said:

Only really disappointed in my plus minus.

He's been making it up really quickly alongside Chara, he should be in the positives pretty soon!

3 hours ago, Seabass said:

Theres no particular reason why were not performing at home

Rumors have it that The Seabasstard has consumed all the beer in the Menace's stadium and forces his teammates to drink as well. They're really only sober-ish on the road :D 

23 minutes ago, Tape-to-Tape said:

Not great but he is still building up to his potential.

I have faith, Power had some nice sims recently and has been playing a lot better with Markinson as his partner instead of Moreau. I see good times ahead!

Week of Feb 21st - 27th

1. Make a bold prediction about the VHL, for the remainder of the season.

2. What is more likely, Papa gets to 5 SO for his season total, or Idaho hits 50 goals?

3. Which Moscow rookie has been most impressive, Preo, Wattson or Karja?

4. Do you play video games? What are you playing right now?

5. I ordered 20 wings last night at 12AM and ate 3. What's been your most recent regretable purchase?

6. How done are you with winter?

Moscow will go undefeated for the remainder of the regular season starting tonight. If I'm wrong then we win the cup.

2. What is more likely, Papa gets to 5 SO for his season total, or Idaho hits 50 goals?

I'm going to say Papa cause we need his 5 SOs more than the goals. But can we not have both?

All three have been impressive. And I can see all 3 being a part of the next core group of Menace players.

I used to play warzone but just don't have the time right now.

5. I ordered 20 wings last night at 12AM and ate 3. What's been your most recent regretable purchase?

A new truck as nice as it is to own a car the payments drag you down over time and stop you from saving as much money as you should. Flip side you own a vehicle and used ones aren't cheap anymore either.

Ready for allergy season. And warmer weather.

1. Make a bold prediction about the VHL, for the remainder of the season.

Moscow turns red hot and wins it all down the stretch!

why not both. Great seasons can be mirrored on the same club :)

karja although Preo centering his own line has been fun to watch.

Right now I have been playing Warzone.

5. I ordered 20 wings last night at 12AM and ate 3. What's been your most recent regretable purchase?

warzone battlepass lol

very much done with it. I want summer and outdoors fun that doesnt include bundling up in a heavy coat.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:33 AM, Tape-to-Tape said:

warzone battlepass lol

I bought the apex battlepass the other day, so glad I didn't buy the warzone one when Caldera released. Once I started playing Apex, I haven't touched Warzone since. STZ and I got some good games in last night, should join us 👀

On 2/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, STZ said:

Week of Feb 21st - 27th

1. Moscow bout to win the whole thing

2. Both of them will happen cause Moscow is the best!

3. All of them! cant just pick one

4. I do be playing Madden 18 (too broke to get the newer ones and need better grades 😅), NBA 2k22 (Got it for Christmas),  MLB The Show 21, and WWE 2k19

5. None I can remember. But that does sound tuff for you

6. Winter? Boi its 80 mf degrees here and im practicing for Football. Shits too hot

Week of Feb 28th - March 6th

1. We currently sit in 5th place for a wildcard spot but we are only one point away from Warsaw below us. Do we make playoffs?

2. What kinds of changes could you see happen if we miss playoffs?

3. What are your thoughts on the new changes to player attributes?

4. Have you considered how you will build your player differently now?

5. How have you felt about your own player's performance this season?

6. How was your weekend? what did you get up to?

I'm answering these because I want to get my shit done early this week.

1. We currently sit in 5th place for a wildcard spot but we are only one point away from Warsaw below us. Do we make playoffs?

Yes, Moscow absolutely makes the playoffs and then proceeds to cause havoc amongst the other teams. Book it.

I've never been GM material so I couldn't possibly begin to break down possible offseason moves. 

I'd like to thank Vancouver for their continual exploitation of the meta, forcing such a drastic change. I'm sure they will brainstorm and figure it out again. Just copy whatever Vancouver does.

Yes. I'm not applying any banked TPE for a season, until I see how the new system works out. Again, fuck you Vancouver.

It's the VHLM, no one except new creates should really give a shit about their players performance. 

Diddly squat. It was another boring ass weekend, filled with domestic duties and grown up bullshit. Thanks for asking.

We're on the outside looking in after this most recent sim. I'm hoping we make it but if we don't we can be excited by the new re roll our players will get in the off season.

I think it might force @Spartan's hand. But maybe players getting a re roll will make him more hesitant to make big changes. In the current system having high tpe earners actuallly impacts a team negatively which is not a good system imo. Maybe that also changes with the re roll.

Willing to give it a shot since the status quo was awful.

Start with defense and skating and go from there.

Offensively it's been fine. Defensively, putrid.

6. How was your weekend? what did you get up to?

Was good had dinner with family and drank as much as my heart desired.

10 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Feb 28th - March 6th

1. Of course we do. We've worked hard this year and if we don't then all that hard work was for nothing. I don't even want to think about it not happening. 

2. Well i'm not the GM so it's not my job to come up with the answer for that one. But all I can assume is that we're probably going to move a core member(s) of the team if we don't make it in. 

3,I don't understand it yet, i'll deal with that when the time comes. 

4. Nope not at all, I'm more focusing on the now than the future. 

5. Well he started off pretty hot but wasn't able to keep that up all year long, should still finish out the year with 100 points but I wish he'd perform better defensively so he can better help his team win.

6. Well the weather was shit it was freezing rain all weekend, but I still managed to go out saturday for a hike/snowshoeing. 

1. We currently sit in 5th place for a wildcard spot but we are only one point away from Warsaw below us. Do we make playoffs?

Yes I believe we do even now with just two games left in the season.

Maybe we add one more sniper to the lineup. It is hard to say with the meta builds going away.

it will be fun to tinker with something new. We will see how much this fixes the meta situation.

not yet but I will be playing a lot with the portal before submitting my new build.

got a lot better in the second half after a slow first half. My build is more of where I wanted to be.

my weekend was good. It was just mostly relaxation and getting some time in to catch up on some shows.

Week of March 7th - March 13th

1. We did it! We made it out of the Wild Card round against Malmo. What did you learn coming out of this initial play-in round?

2. Next up; London United. How do you think we stand up against the United in Round One of the Playoffs?

3. What is the X-Factor in these playoffs. What do we need to happen to be successful?

4. How did you do in the VHFL, have you claimed yet? Any player stand out for next season?

5. Did you make your fantasy picks for playoffs, how do you think you will do? Did you take Moscow??

6. Are you playing/still playing Wordle? WHat's your best score?

9 minutes ago, STZ said:

1. We did it! We made it out of the Wild Card round against Malmo. What did you learn coming out of this initial play-in round?

2. Next up; London United. How do you think we stand up against the United in Round One of the Playoffs?

3. What is the X-Factor in these playoffs. What do we need to happen to be successful?

4. How did you do in the VHFL, have you claimed yet? Any player stand out for next season?

5. Did you make your fantasy picks for playoffs, how do you think you will do? Did you take Moscow??

1. Been a great feeling watching yall win. Hope you go far

2. You guys will win 100 percent

3. Great coaching I feel. Without coaching none of it is possible

4. I got 3 iirc

5. Oh I don't think I do but I would have chosen Moscow

6. Nah but I'm playing poetel

That we have a chance. Hopefully we don't get screwed by teams abusing meta but I won't keep my hopes up.

That's a full meta team if I ever saw one. Outlook is bleak.

Papa will need to stand on his head.

First in my group. Was a bit surprised I did as well as I did. Markinson and Idaho will always be stand outs.

I did but I'm not sure how we'll do. I'm going to avoiding picking Moscow since that went poorly the few times I've tried.

6. Are you playing/still playing Wordle? WHat's your best score?

I don't know what that is and I'm going to look it up.

9 hours ago, STZ said:

1. Well I didn't really learn anything really but being the last team to make the playoffs this goes to show that just about anything can happen come playoff time.

2. We've made the finals for two years in a row before this, I think we can stand up against just about any team out there due to our playoff experience.

3. We need to score more goals than the opponent, that's what we need to do in order to win.

4. Apparently I had the best score in the entire VHFL, and of course I claimed that sweet 6 tpe.

5. I forgot that was even a thing so no I didn't participate this year. 

6. I'm not sure what Wordle is but I'm sure i'll go check it out in the forums soon enough. 

that we have a group that can keep the fight going and make a deep playoff run.

Tough test but we have the pieces to give them everything they can handle.

we might need papa to steal a game here and there. Great goaltending is key.

I did not take part this season as I was far too busy during that time.

5. Did you make your fantasy picks for playoffs, how do you think you will do? Did you take Moscow??

missed out on it by a few hours, kicking myself for that.

I have not played Wordle but have seen others play and have been tempted to join in the fun.

Week of March 14th - March 20th

1. We did it again! We are on to the Conference Finals; How do you think we stack up against Riga?

2. Vancouver has already swept LA, how would we do if we did make the finals? Third times the charm, amirite?

3. How has your player been doing in the playoffs? Are you happy with their play?

4. Playoff beard or no playoff beard? How is your's looking?

5. What song are you playing in the LR before the game to get the boys fired up?

6. I'm leaving for the Bahamas for a week on Friday... Where's your next vacation going to be?