Cinnamon Block Press Conference

2 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

2-Brock Louth come from a family that has run Vancouver/Quebec for many generations. How do you think Philly will benefit from having a player that comes from such rich hockey bloodlines?

Bloodlines got nothing to do with how good Brock can be; it's about heart and passion. Trying to live up to your ancestry is a lot of pressure to put on someone, and really, the Vancouver franchise hasn't exactly been the most successful.

3-Fun fact the Simmers accidentally put Cinnamon Block in our lines as Cinnamon Roll... do you think it was an accident or a shot at OMG?

Sounds like people are already scared of getting their teeth knocked out by a woman.

4-Cinnamon Block is the first female skater to be on Philly. Will you act differently now that there is a lady on the team how did you introduce yourself to her? (OMG for you what are some weird things the guys did to welcome you to the team?)

I got all the usual unoriginal nick names like "Cinnamon Roll" and "Cinnamon Buns", but otherwise they barely even try to talk to me. Think they are all scared.

11-With a full roster that also mean out bus is full (there are no empty seats and no I'm not buying a bigger bus, this franchise isn't made of money!) Time to pick a bus buddy :) who are you sitting next to and what did you do to pass the time on the bus?

I got a Switch, anyone who tries to touch it without permission gets the death stare. No one's tried a second time.

12-What are your hopes moving forward for the Playoffs? Any hopes about who your line mates would be moving forward?

I'm here to win a cup, so I hope I'm put in the best situation so that we can achieve that goal.

13-Apparently your GM can't count and had gone over the Roster Limit of 18 player and 2 Goalies does this concern you? Did you read her punishment post  (Read it Here)? Would you have written the 150 word article on how awesome one of the VHLM commissioners are and forgone job pay or would you have let them take a 4th round pick?

Sometimes you gotta play a little dirty to get what you want. 

On 8/8/2019 at 6:04 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1-Benny Graves Has the perfect name for a Reaper, what is one question you have for this new C who has already made an impact on our lines?

Is Benny short for something?

5-Did you get initiated onto the Reapers, if so who initiated you and what did they ask you to do?

Not really. I think once they saw a female they just said, "ok you're in".

9- How many assists will Fang get in the Playoffs?

1. He's putting up the points now but come playoff time we won't have the powder puff teams to run the score up on.

7- How do you think Philly will do in the Playoffs this season?

Founder's Cup or bust

14-Do you think that the Reapers should put on the Golden Scythe awards? Basically have our own set of team awards we give out. If we did this. Would you want the team to hold a secret vote for the awards or would you like for them to be decided by the GM and AGM?

I think it would be cool to do some of both. The GM/AGM could have their awards and also have a secret vote for a couple others as well. Get input from both sides.

15. Name some Awards you would like to see given out if we had the Golden Scythe awards.

Greatest Juggler

Most Likely to Win an Ice Skating Competition

Best Fashion

Most Likely to Shank Someone in the Back Alley

1-How important is winning to you?

It's the most important thing.

3- Do you have your heart set out on joining a specific team or are you willing to go anywhere?

I'm willing to play for anyone as long as they have a winning mindset. 

5- How important is salary to you? Would you take a pay cut to better your team in the future?

I'm going to be paid what I'm worth. I won't make outrageous demands to be the highest paid or anything, but I expect fair market value. Winning is the most important part of the game, but I need to be sure I can live off my earnings when the time for me to hang them up comes around.

6- How important is having a good locker room to you as a player, are you a forum person or are you a discord person?

I think these days a discord locker room is much more fluid. 

9- Do you plan to keep at your current activity level?

I currently plan on keeping up my 12 max a week. At minimum there will be 10 a week if I start to slack off on the .com articles (or if there's no trivia in a particular week).

10- Are you going up to the big leagues or saying down for round 2?

I'm pretty much locked into the minors for one more season since I joined midseason.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 5:55 PM, DilIsPickle said:

2. What do you hope to accomplish next season?

I'm hoping to league the VHLM in hits and win a Founder's Cup.

3. What is more important to you? Personal statistics or Team Success?

Team success is always number 1.

4. How have you liked playing for the Reapers?

It was a fun locker room and I don't regret choosing to go there.

5. Where would you like to play in the VHL?

Well with the draft, I don't get much choice in the matter. There's a couple teams I'd prefer to go to but just getting an opportunity is a blessing in itself. There's only about 2 or 3 teams overall that I would dread going to, but winning Cups can go a long way to smoothing things over.

9. You were recently spotted having a conversation with retired VHLer Oyorra Arroyo, what piece of advice did he give you?

He told me hitting is overrated, so I told him to shove it.

10. How have you enjoyed your career in the VHLM so far?

It's off to a good start, little disappointed we came apart in the playoffs but I'm excited to see where I end up next season.

1. Who was your best friend on the Reapers last season?

2. What was your reaction on Blade stepping down from Philadelphia?

3. What is your goal for your rookie season in the VHL?

4. Where do you hope to be drafted?

5. Where do you want to play next season?

6. What have you been doing this off season?

7. What is your favorite ice cream flavour?

8. What is your favorite type of chips?

9. What is the first thing you will buy when you make the VHL?

10. When is the first time you played hockey?

@omgitshim

On 9/6/2019 at 7:04 PM, DilIsPickle said:

1. Who was your best friend on the Reapers last season?

Would probably say Fang Flashback, he was funny and had the same sort of killer mentality that I had.

2. What was your reaction on Blade stepping down from Philadelphia?

I was sad to see her go but I understood why she did.

3. What is your goal for your rookie season in the VHL?

Rookie of the Year would be great but I'm a season away from the VHL.

4. Where do you hope to be drafted?

I'm excited to see where I end up, don't really have a strong preference towards any particular team at the moment.

7. What is your favorite ice cream flavour?

I'm partial to Gold Medal Ribbon (vanilla/chocolate with caramel swirled in)

8. What is your favorite type of chips?

It depends on what I'm eating. Cheetos are good in general, Nacho Cheese Doritos are good on sandwiches, BBQ Lays are a good side for like hot dogs, regular Lays or tortilla chips go well with block cheese.

1. What are the career goals with Block?

2. Tell me a little bit about the name, why Cinnamon Block? 

3. What are some of the top VHL teams Block would be interested in being drafted to?

4. We've seen a lot of position switches, especially from D to forward. Do you foresee Block sticking it out at D the whole career?

5. What type of player you making with Cin? Defensive D, checking D, all out offense D etc?

6. Now that you have a player in the retirement section and are already well on your way with Cin, do you feel like an old VHL hand/veteran already?

20 hours ago, Devise said:

1. What are the career goals with Block?

The goal is to win Cups.

2. Tell me a little bit about the name, why Cinnamon Block? 

For the nickname "Cinder Block" because that's what it feels like when you get hit by her.

3. What are some of the top VHL teams Block would be interested in being drafted to?

I'm looking for any team that will get me playing time and is looking to win.

4. We've seen a lot of position switches, especially from D to forward. Do you foresee Block sticking it out at D the whole career?

I don't plan on switching.

5. What type of player you making with Cin? Defensive D, checking D, all out offense D etc?

She's going to be physical and defensive minded.

6. Now that you have a player in the retirement section and are already well on your way with Cin, do you feel like an old VHL hand/veteran already?

Not really. Even though it's been about 10 seasons, that seems like nothing when the league is pushing 70. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1.) What do you think about this weeks trades?

I was a bit surprised that Calgary went to sell tbh. They were pretty much guaranteed a playoffs spot in the NA, and aside from Ironside and Twinger, the rest of the roster would have been able to be a playoff contender next season as well. I'd be interested in seeing if Seattle runs Ylonen and Kovalchuk on the same line or split them to ensure they have a strong C on the ice most of the time.

8.) If you could close one fast food chain, due to disgusting food, what would you pick?

Shake Shack

10.) What would be the best thing about not having a sense of smell?

There's a lot of things that I would not mind never smelling again.

5 questions asked linked here

Edited by omgitshim

1. Do you ever worry people will think you're weird by roleplaying a girl hockey player?

2. Do you find it annoying that I copy your VHL Pickems/Score predicts? Do you feel an added pressure to do them because I copy you?

3. If you could choose any VHLer to create and be active on EFL, who would it be and why? (me excluded ofcourse)

4. Have you ever met another irl female besides BladeMaiden on a sim league? Where does she rank in your all-time list of sim leaguing females?

5. What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?

6. I haven't been following the S69 draft class closely. Will Block going in the first round be a sure bet? If you had to choose 2 teams to NOT be drafted by, who would they be?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:39 AM, gorlab said:

1. Do you ever worry people will think you're weird by roleplaying a girl hockey player?

If they care that much about it that's their own problem.

2. Do you find it annoying that I copy your VHL Pickems/Score predicts? Do you feel an added pressure to do them because I copy you?

No, I find it confusing because I'm usually wrong lol

3. If you could choose any VHLer to create and be active on EFL, who would it be and why? (me excluded ofcourse)

I don't do a lot of interaction with the pure VHL guys tbh, but the EFL would be better if @diamond_ace were a bit more active and @Quik came back ?

4. Have you ever met another irl female besides BladeMaiden on a sim league? Where does she rank in your all-time list of sim leaguing females?

I know of a couple of others but Blade is the only one I've really had conversations with.

5. What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?

I haven't given it that much thought tbh.

6. I haven't been following the S69 draft class closely. Will Block going in the first round be a sure bet? If you had to choose 2 teams to NOT be drafted by, who would they be?

I would be shocked if she fell out of the top 5. I don't like saying that I don't want to go to any teams, but if I had to pick 2 to try to avoid, probably Davos since they usually seem like they are in a perpetual rebuild and Toronto since my last player ended his career there and I'd like to give something new a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my little Cinder Block @omgitshim I remember you telling me that you miss getting personalized questions. So I took some time to ask you some specifically for my favorite little spice cake in the VHL! Congratulations and good luck in the draft!

Questions from Brick

1.) Why won't you return my calls Cinna, I though we had a good time and then you ghosted me!

2.) Are you looking forward to being on Calgary with me?

3.) tell me how much you miss my sweet buns, because I miss yours darlin'!

Questions from your old Reapers GM.

4.) Where do you want to go in the draft?

5.) I contacted you a while back to tell you I took a AD job in the EFL, were you surprised when I sent you the Oregon Ducks gift basket?

6.) What do you consider to be your greatest strength as a player?

7.) Do you find it hard to be a female in the VHL?

A few random ones to spice things up!!

8.) Which room in Hogwarts would you most want to have sex in?

9.) Do you put the toilet paper roll on the right way or the murderer way?

10.) What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat?

11.) Cake or pie? and tell me why!

12.) What was the funniest way that you have been injured?

20 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1.) Why won't you return my calls Cinna, I though we had a good time and then you ghosted me!

I changed my number.

2.) Are you looking forward to being on Calgary with me?

Not gonna happen

3.) tell me how much you miss my sweet buns, because I miss yours darlin'!

My lawyer is writing up the restraining order now.

4.) Where do you want to go in the draft?

Where I can be successful.

5.) I contacted you a while back to tell you I took a AD job in the EFL, were you surprised when I sent you the Oregon Ducks gift basket?

I was quite confused.

6.) What do you consider to be your greatest strength as a player?

My strength.

7.) Do you find it hard to be a female in the VHL?

Not really, just have to be mindful of a couple of creepers now and then.

8.) Which room in Hogwarts would you most want to have sex in?

I hear the Room of Requirement is a good choice.

9.) Do you put the toilet paper roll on the right way or the murderer way?

The correct way, I do not need a surprise spider showing up.

10.) What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat?

I'm actually fairly picky so there's quite a few. The biggest one though is beans. Even just the aroma of them can trigger my gag reflex.

11.) Cake or pie? and tell me why!

I'd lean more towards cake, it is a bit more moist and tasty in general.

12.) What was the funniest way that you have been injured?

It wasn't a big injury and I wasn't hurt as much as the other party but when I was younger we were having a 4th of July party, and it was getting late so we were getting ready to go outside to watch the fireworks. I went to run outside to join them and didn't notice the screen door wasn't open...

1. First overall. Surprised?

2. Do you expect high numbers in your rookie season?

3. How's Prague?

4. won't you feel sorry for your ex Vegas teammates when you'll hit them on boards?

5. so I guess you're gonna try to drag d_a back to EFL in exchange of signing a deal with Prague, right?

6. Prague ain't bout to win anything this season though. Does that bothers you?

45 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Yes

I’m not a rookie

3. How's Prague?

No clue

4. won't you feel sorry for your ex Vegas teammates when you'll hit them on boards?

What

5. so I guess you're gonna try to drag d_a back to EFL in exchange of signing a deal with Prague, right?

Uh

I don’t think these questions were for me

1 minute ago, DilIsPickle said:

Yes

yes

I’m not a rookie

yes

No clue

yes

2 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

What

yes

Uh

yes

I don’t think these questions were for me

Starload sucks

On 11/10/2019 at 1:00 PM, hedgehog337 said:

It's always a nice surprise to go number 1 when you don't have the most TPE.

We'll see how it goes; a young team tends to either bring out high numbers for both teams on the ice or become a trainwreck.

3. How's Prague?

So far it's been good.

Nope

I'll probably give him some friendly reminders every now and then but I won't drag him back unwillingly. 

I'm expecting a rough first couple of seasons but we are building a strong foundation and should be able to crack the playoff scene sooner than you'd think.

• 1 month later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@omgitshim

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:47 PM, Banackock said:

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

I think it went pretty well, not many rookies get voted into the all star game.

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

It was fun winning games early in the season to get some playoff hype, but we knew going in that it was still a building year and I'm not disappointed in how the season went as a whole.

Who do you think wins MVP?

I think it comes down to Borwinn @Jubo07 and HHH @Beaviss. I'd have to say his better shooting percentage and top 4 face-off percentage gives the edge to HHH.

Who has been your teams best player?

It's hard to just pick one person because I feel we all work together as a team so well. If I had to say anyone, I would say Alex Pearson @Jayrad28 just because our lines always seemed most stable when he was on the ice.

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

I'd take on anyone any time. Edward Vigneault @Patpou22 or Owen Nolan @studentized would be a good challenge since they both won most of their fights this season, and I'd love to knock them down and give them their first loss. I'd also be more than willing to punch that scumbag Brick Wahl @BladeMaiden right in the face whenever he wants.

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

It's hard to pick against Vancouver, especially when New York and Toronto aren't really credible threats. I won't count out Seattle, and anything can happen come playoffs time, but I'd be surprised if it's not Vancouver.

Who makes it out for Europe?

I don't think Malmo has much of a shot, but I wouldn't be shocked if any of the other 3 make it. I'd give the edge to Riga since they have a little better depth than Helsinki and a little better top line than Moscow.

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

It'd be a shame if the league lost it's only Mexican team, so let's just slide them over to Cancun. You still get a team in Mexico and now you have alliteration on top of it!

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

It's a fun promotion for the league and a great bit of generosity from the staff (and indirectly all the members whose donations helped pay for it).

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

I went to visit family for a few days that I hadn't gotten to see since last year.

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Money to pay bills and some new shirts.

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

I've never actually been to a hockey game before.

• 1 month later...

BANA PC BOMB

run away nuclear explosion GIF by Identity

1. Do you have any fears? If so, list and shit.

2. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, list and shit.

3. What's something you're looking forward to in 2020?

4. What is something you're not looking forward to in 2020?

5. Where is the next place you plan to travel to? OR, where do you want to go if you could etc.

6. What is your GO-TO snack?

7. What is your favourite food or food that you crave most?

@omgitshim