Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1.) Whats your plans for Valentines day (if you have any ofcourse)?

Sadly After eight season of playing in the VHLM and now in the VHL with the Prague Phantoms; I am very much a single man since I have dedicated my life to trying to win a Continental Cup with Prague. Amongst other personal goals that I have set for myself through my career. And yes, I haven`t managed most of them. Okay, None of them. Thanks for the reminder. 

2.) What is your favorite chocolate?

This seems like a bit of a trick question since the simple answer is Chocolate, but I am guessing you mean like a bar or brand name. Truth be told all Chocolate is good for the most part; as I remember some of the oily based cheap stuff my mom used to buy. I really like white chocolate with strawberries (really or fake strawberries doesn`t matter)

3.) If you had a boat, what would you name it?

I don`t have a boat and I remember as a kid we had one as we used to fish for salmon off the coast of Vancouver Island and I really don`t even think we had named that boat. So not something that I have thought of much considering I am not going to buy a boat anytime soon or likely in this life time.

4.) How do you think we've been doing recently?

The trade for Luc Tessier has really turned our season around? It an hard season to predict since we have two VHLM teams playing in the North American Conference so it is hard to predict actually where all the team stand in the standing based on who has played (beaten up) those two teams. We have since that trade started stringing some good results together and at least climbed back-up in the standing to where I expected this team to be. Now we need to continue the consistency against the stronger team. Mark my words the scoring Champions this season are coming from the NA Conference due to being able to beat on the two VHLM teams.

5.) What do you think would break the internet?

An baseball bat or anyone striking the computer would break the internet. EMP would also do the job but I am guessing more Government or politic reason will be the actual down fall of the internet since at some point freedom of information will start to be censored more then we already see happening with CV-19. More then most people actually believe is happening already but once the censorship goes to far or individuals learn then you will see an awaking of such; which will lead to death of the internet, social media and spread of falseness. Now you think I am crazy?

6.) Who is your favorite teammate this season?

Trying to get us in trouble by neglecting all the other members on the team? I am going with Luc Tessier as he really helped turn the season around and has really help me start producing more like I expected to this season. So as long as he continue to pass me the puck then he will be my favorite player. But that can all change moment to moment, goal to goal, save to save and game to game; if you understand my meaning. Yup, I am a roller-coaster; Let continue this ride until I retire!! (ops more crazy right!!) 

- Grilling dinner for the wife, then off to practice.  I coach a bantams team IRL

2.) What is your favourite chocolate?

- anything by Godiva, good stuff.  just ate an entire box of tasty morsels and now i feel sick....

- The Muther Focker

- like the direction of the team.  things seem to be clicking and we've moved within a few points of knocking on the door of the first place team. 

- When Prague wins the CUP!!!  write this down

6.) Who is your favourite teammate this season?

- thats a hard one, everyone is a good a good dude!  the goalie is kind of a weirdo but thats to be expected.  🙂  Johnny the Birdman Baard is a fun dude~!

DK#17.JPG

Edited by Darth Kaprizov

A nice sushi date with the gf as is tradition for us. 

2.) What is your favourite chocolate?

I’ve always been a sucker for some white chocolate for my whole life. 

I think I’m gonna have to go with Artemis for this one. 

Could be better, could be worse. We’re on a good trajectory and I like what we can do. We just need to make a few adjustments to our game plan and we’ll be right there with the best of them. 

Obvious one would be aliens, but I’m going with a manned landing on mars. Internet would explode in an instant. 

6.) Who is your favourite teammate this season?

Everyone’s great honestly. The whole team has made it so much easier to make a transition into the league and it’s been a great time. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Prague Presser!

1. What do you attribute towards our recent success in the win column?
  2. What brand and line of skates do you wear?
  3. How many beers can a hockey player chug, if a hockey player could chug beers?
  4. The team chemistry on the ice seems to be working well during the middle stretch of the season, however, sometimes the LR is a tad quiet, how do we make it more active?
  5. The VHL All-Star games took place over the past weekend.  What are your thoughts on the event itself and how your teammates did?
  6. How do you like the new version of Trivia?
  7. IRL – who plays hockey and what positions?

Edited by Darth Kaprizov
typo

The Prague Presser!

1. What did you think of Theme Week last week?

2. If you could live anywhere in the world during another lockdown, where do you think it could be?

3. What is your favourite international movie?

4. What are your thoughts on @diamond_ace returning?

5. If your player was not playing hockey, what would they be doing?

6. What is more satisfying, a game winning goal or a game saving block?

7. Who has the strangest nickname in the locker room?

8. What is your pre-game ritual?

9. How is the city, Prague, treating you?

What do you attribute towards our recent success in the win column?

Overall team play has been better since we completed the trade to collect Luc Tessier as it has given the team more balanced attack. We have also been getting timely goaltending during the stretch and that is never a bad thing as the team heads towards the playoffs.

What brand and line of skates do you wear?

Won`t lie since I am not even sure the brands that are actually on peoples feet now a days. I was an CCM or Bauer branded player when I played Junior. I preferred Bauer as hybrid tender since it was more flexible then CCM but I think the merged at one point back in the early 2000`s meaning they are the same branding or were the same branding at that point. I also liked Vaughn but they lacked the high end quality of the other two brands.

How many beers can a hockey player chug, if a hockey player could chug beers?

Depends on the night but I can easily put back a six pack and half a bottle of rum before I am really starting to feel it. In Japan I can drink even more since I don`t find that I can get drunk for some reason. Mind you sake messes me up badly!!

The team chemistry on the ice seems to be working well during the middle stretch of the season, however, sometimes the LR is a tad quiet, how do we make it more active?

Pay people so that real life doesn`t get in the way. I know I am not always in the locker room any more with the fact that over Christmas I started working three jobs. Newspaper delivery, Factory worker and English teacher at a High School so this means I really didn`t have that much time to chat or check much more then the scores of the games since I was working 13hr days. Now I am no longer working the new paper job but still work the other two so it depends on the day now but I am still busy except the weekends but family times take up those two days. But work hours have been cut back to at least 9 hr days now.

The VHL All-Star games took place over the past weekend.  What are your thoughts on the event itself and how your teammates did?

Won`t lie didn`t pay attention but congrats to anyone from the team that took part.

How do you like the new version of Trivia?

I like it but also hate it since if you get a question wrong you should be able to collect another question to replace the one that you got wrong since I am sure I actually answered the question right as I double and triple checked the answer but still ended up with an incorrect so now I need to complete an extra task somewhere to make up that point somehow. But overall I like it better then the old way since you actually have to try; instead of waiting for the answer from a group or team post.

IRL – who plays hockey and what positions?

I am old now and feel out of love with the game from a playing aspect many years ago. Back around 2007 or 08 since life took over and injuries prevented me from playing the game for a while as well. I last played goalie until I was in my early 20`s.

- ummm..... i think that was the first time in a while that i didn't do it.  

2. If you could live anywhere in the world during another lockdown, where do you think it could be?

- probably Prague, j/k,  i'm moving to somewhere warm.   Probs Atlantic Beach, FL or Rincon~ Puerto Rico

- not a movie but I really liked squid game on net flix.  

4. What are your thoughts on @diamond_acereturning?

- this guy? image.png.7d10b7a884ce2d22326c02072b630f61.png

- COOL!

- riding dirt bikes or bow hunting

totally a goal for me, a block is more of dedication to the team.  will still do it but it usually hurts like a B

- we've been calling Baby Bob, Big Daddy sorta a switcharoo....

- get to game, dangle for a bit, pass the biscuit around with whomever is there early, put the right side of my equipment on first, then the left, then hit the ice for pregame warm ups.  

- Just fine and dandy, the ladies here are very stylish.

16 hours ago, fonziGG said:

The Prague Presser!

4. What are your thoughts on @diamond_ace returning?

1. Dont know didnt do it

2. Not sure actually, would have said London but they kind of fucked up the restrictions just like Murica did so maybe New Zealand? Not sure of their weather, hopefully not too hot there

3. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Basically all of Ghibli's catalog but Nausicaa is my favorite

4. Back to where it all began

5. Developing Rimworld, since that's what the real Tynan Sylvester does.

6. Block for me. The goal guys get all the glory, the block guys are doing it for the right reasons. You do still need goal guys to win though

7. Darth Kaprizov, everyone calls him the sith lord.

8. Send a mechanoid cluster to @.sniffuM between the 1st and 2nd period

9. Fantastic! Such a nice place

The Prague Presser!

1. We have finished 2nd in the conference this season. What are your thoughts on our trajectory?

2. Do you think we have a chance to win it all?

3. NA had a strong conference with the top 2 places finishing in the 100 points range. If we make the finals, who do you think we will face?

4. How gnarly is your playoff beard?

5. Are you prepared to go into the playoff battle grind?

6. Do you think that we can win it all?

1. We have finished 2nd in the conference this season. What are your thoughts on our trajectory?

- i'm feeling pretty good about where we are at.  We had some good wins against other playoff teams, the sky is the limit for us IMO.

2. Do you think we have a chance to win it all?

- Uh Huh!  I think this thing is wide open and ripe for the picking this season. 

3. NA had a strong conference with the top 2 places finishing in the 100 points range. If we make the finals, who do you think we will face?

- Probably Dan Dan and Las Ongeles

4. How gnarly is your playoff beard?

- been growing it all season.  ready for my tribute to ZZ Top

5. Are you prepared to go into the playoff battle grind?

- Battle Tested... ready to take our opponents to pound town!

6. Do you think that we can win it all?

- Yes Sir!

1075050500_DK21.thumb.JPG.f65fab859b756a0c2670745ea0c82f92.JPG

The Prague Presser!

1. How are we going to turn this 3-1 deficit around?

2. How are you planning to slash Battre Sandstrom's tires so he doesn't make the next game?

3. Riiga has proven to be a tough team to face, do you think it'll become easier if we get past them in this round?

4. What is your favourite animal and why?

5. What is your go-to subway order with the sauces and seasonings?

6. How are you doing with COVID-19 and the pandemic so far?

1.How are we going to turn this 3-1 deficit around?

- well it didn’t happen, rough break, we had a good season, just not enough puck luck in a series vs. a team who played us tough all year.

2. How are you planning to slash Battre Sandstrom's tires so he doesn't make the next game?
- I tried, he’s a good player, he doesn’t really like it though. 
😊

3. Riiga has proven to be a tough team to face, do you think it'll become easier if we get past them in this round?

- Will take on all challengers, but yes, Riiga is a proven hard out.  they have some really good players and they out played us. 

4. What is your favourite animal and why?

- dogs, they are good to have around, faithful and they don’t talk, 2nd would be a parrot. They talk and you can train them to say funny crap.

5. What is your go-to subway order with the sauces and seasonings?

-Steak and cheese on herbs and cheese, heat the meat, do not toast, peppers, onions, tomatoes, salt pepper, vinegar, and a mega blast of sw sauce. 

6. How are you doing with COVID-19 and the pandemic so far?

- it pretty much sucked.  Most people I know had it around the start of this year.  lost a couple of friends to it, also had a friend who was in the hospital for 3 months, just got out.  bad shit man.   Glad it seems to be tapering off.

image.png.d572243b59d068d23dca6dd09a99e75d.png

The Prague Presser!

1. LA and Toronto have new GMs. Do you have any experience with them?

2. Who is your favourite GM in the league so far?

3. It sucks to lose out to the Reign, do you think they will win it all?

4. What are your plans this off season?

5. Which fast food restaurant is your favourite place?

6. Any advice for any of the rookies on the team?

1. LA and Toronto have new GMs. Do you have any experience with them?
Not that I recall, maybe we invite them over for some beers….
2. Who is your favourite GM in the league so far?
 - wow, that’s a loaded question.   All of them have been GREAT so far lol.  Seriously though, each who I have had has their own styles which makes them unique.
3. It sucks to lose out to the Reign, do you think they will win it all?
- No absolutely Not at all!!!!
4. What are your plans this off season?
- lifting weights, drinking beer, growing a knarly beard dude, on the prowl for ladies, oh you mean about hockey?  Ummm, edge work, overall speed, danglebility, my clap bomb, and passing, I wanna get my assists up next season.
5. Which fast food restaurant is your favourite place?
- that shits grosss,  maybe Arby’s
6. Any advice for any of the rookies on the team?218830611_DK26.thumb.JPG.4bd5a6b8409b95e85a122164c23ccdd6.JPG
 - yeah, get better at hockey ya hoser, ha.  lol

• Commissioner

1. Robert Bouchard and It's Gucci just retired, do you have anything you would like to say to them?

2. We have Lapierre coming up for his first season in the VHL. Do you think he'll mesh well with the team?

3. What do you think of acquiring Reylynn Reinhart this offseason?

4. Are you ready for the Hybrid attribute change? do you have a build plan? 

5. What is your favorite go to app to waste time? 

6. How do you think the Phantoms are going to do this season?

9 hours ago, Acydburn said:

1. Robert Bouchard and It's Gucci just retired, do you have anything you would like to say to them?

2. We have Lapierre coming up for his first season in the VHL. Do you think he'll mesh well with the team?

1). Congrats on a long outstanding career for the both of you!

2). Laperriere is excited and ready to play with Prague! I have complete confidence I’ll be able to mesh well with this team and am ready to go!

3). Outstanding acquisition, they should really help us out this season!

4). I have a good idea how I want to build out Laperriere, I just hope it works!

5). With my kids, I hardly get any free time lol but usually it’s just Reddit or YouTube.
6). I can see us making the conference finals for sure, but we’re really going to have to dig in to get a cup. I believe in the team though!

- Best of luck in retirement, have fun playing golf!

- yes, great locker room guy, can’t wait to see him develop.

- that was a tasty pick up, Reylnn will provide us with a strong blue line.

- yep, working on that now, I like the tpa building tool,  it’s very helpful

Clash royale

- Awesome sauce with a side of kick ass!

595244386_DK28.JPG.1f6e41edad36062e3d46557c8ca5482a.JPG

Prague Presser...

1. What are you working on this offseason?
  2. How do you think the new attributes will work out for your player
  3. Who besides Prague will be a contender this upcoming season?
  4. Which team in the NHL do you think is a sleeper to get to the finals?
  5. Who do feel was Prague’s MVP last season?
  6. Which player do you feel will capture the team MVP in the upcoming season?
  7. What is your favorite kind of beer?

On 4/6/2022 at 10:54 AM, Darth Kaprizov said:

Prague Presser...

1. What are you working on this offseason?
  2. How do you think the new attributes will work out for your player
  3. Who besides Prague will be a contender this upcoming season?
  4. Which team in the NHL do you think is a sleeper to get to the finals?
  5. Who do feel was Prague’s MVP last season?
  6. Which player do you feel will capture the team MVP in the upcoming season?
  7. What is your favorite kind of beer?

1). Just trying to figure out what is going to click with the new hybrid system!

2). I'd like to think I'll do ok. I am curious if I will find as great of a success compared to my previous build. Might not score as many points, but as long as my faceoff percentage is high and my +/- is good, I'm set.

3). To be perfectly honest, with the new hybrid system, I think it will be really tough to tell until we all start playing against each other.

4). Probably Minnesota, I have a gut feeling they are going to hit a stride right at the end and get in. But I could very well be wrong.

6). My assumption would be Reylynn Reinhart.

7). Free and cold 😎 but a specific one that I always turn to would be Labatt Blue.

Prague Presser!

1. The season is on the verge of kicking off.  Are you ready?
  2. What did you work on the most in the offseason that will help your game?
  3. Which of your current or past teammates had the smelliest gear?
  4. What’s a Praguer?
  5. Have you used the TPA Tool to help rebuild your player?
  6. How likely are you to rebuild your player with the new attributes in play?
  7. If your player were an animal, what animal would best describe how they play?

On 4/11/2022 at 1:59 PM, Darth Kaprizov said:

Prague Presser!

1. The season is on the verge of kicking off.  Are you ready?
  2. What did you work on the most in the offseason that will help your game?
  3. Which of your current or past teammates had the smelliest gear?
  4. What’s a Praguer?
  5. Have you used the TPA Tool to help rebuild your player?
  6. How likely are you to rebuild your player with the new attributes in play?
  7. If your player were an animal, what animal would best describe how they play?

1). Absolutely, time for Prague to kill it!

2). Faceoffs and Strength, gotta get that percentage higher to help the team.

3). Back in Istanbul, the small amount of time I played there, the Red Menace just reeked in net. I don't think he knew what deodorant or body wash was when he would shower after games 🤮

5). I did! It gave me some good direction on what to focus on and how I could adapt to the new system.

6). I feel pretty comfortable with what I have no, I don't see a need to rebuild my player.

7). I'd say a puma/mountain lion. Doesn't quite make a ton of noise but when they do, they do it efficiently and quickly. Laperriere may not be the best goal scorer, but he does his center job well and when needed, he will contribute.

Prague Presser!

1. The season is kicking off, are your ready to bring the pain to the competition?
  2. Prague looks to have a solid squad this season, how do you think you’ll finish this season?
  3. Which of the new players on the squad are you most excited to play with this season?
  4. The Prague GM has made a number of instrumental trades over the past 2 seasons.  Have you ever been traded before and if so, how many times?
  5. What do you feel is the greatest area of concern for Prague heading into this season?
  6. Which rival player in the league would you most like to have a good ole fashioned Donny Brook with?
  7. When traveling on a plane, do you prefer the window or aisle seat?

Presser.PNG

On 4/18/2022 at 9:17 AM, Darth Kaprizov said:

Prague Presser!

1. The season is kicking off, are your ready to bring the pain to the competition?
  2. Prague looks to have a solid squad this season, how do you think you’ll finish this season?
  3. Which of the new players on the squad are you most excited to play with this season?
  4. The Prague GM has made a number of instrumental trades over the past 2 seasons.  Have you ever been traded before and if so, how many times?
  5. What do you feel is the greatest area of concern for Prague heading into this season?
  6. Which rival player in the league would you most like to have a good ole fashioned Donny Brook with?
  7. When traveling on a plane, do you prefer the window or aisle seat?

Presser.PNG

1). Absolutely, in the words of Alexander before he marched forth against the armies of Persia, "Let's do it!"
2). I don't think we will lead the EU conference, and may finished 3rd. But I think we will surprise a lot of people in the playoffs!
4). I've been traded twice, both of which were in the E. It wasn't too bad of a process!

5). I think our depth is going to be tough on us this season. We've got some new players coming up, so we just need to get them seasoned.

6). Honestly, not super sure there would be one. I'm just here to play my game 😁

7). Aisle. Window seats tend to give me no room to lean and I usually end up pressed against the side of the plane. Aisle seats give me the option to lean out into the aisle a little.

Prague Presser!

1. Why do you think we've been starting off so slow this season?
  2. Who is your favourite teammate so far?
  3. How hard has your coach been working you in practices? Do you think its warranted?
  4. Are there any new meals in the team cafeteria you want to try out? If not, then what would you recommend for the team to be fed?
  5. Who is your pick for MVP this season? Why do you think it would be them?
  6. Do you have a suggestion for the upper management?

On 4/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, fonziGG said:

Prague Presser!

1. Why do you think we've been starting off so slow this season?
  2. Who is your favourite teammate so far?
  3. How hard has your coach been working you in practices? Do you think its warranted?
  4. Are there any new meals in the team cafeteria you want to try out? If not, then what would you recommend for the team to be fed?
  5. Who is your pick for MVP this season? Why do you think it would be them?
  6. Do you have a suggestion for the upper management?

1). STHS has not been pleased with our normal offerings, we need to step up to bigger sacrifices.

2). Reylynn Reinhart, they always bring a positive attitude into the locker room!

3). Very hard, but we need it. The only way we are going to get better is through hard work!

4). Someone mentioned that they were going to introduce a Cajun Chicken Sandwich soon, I'll be looking forward to that. But everyone needs to go try the Veggie Tacos they have. I know it's just veggies and guacamole and what not but hot damn!

5). Right now I'd be leaning towards Asher Reinhart. They have put in some serious work on the blue line, blocking 33 shots and making 69 hits so far on top of having 22 points in 20 games.

6). No suggestions at all, just keep doing your thing!