S40 draft rewind

hedgehog337

I'm a bit drunk already and don't have much strengths to do anything. But I will do! Because drunk or not, it's not that hard to talk about any draft and analyse them draft picks. This time, I'll check out the S40 draft. It was a pretty big one by that moment so let's rewind.

1. :col: COLOGNE EXPRESS: Thomas O'Malley

I mean, he finished his career with 4 championships. Enough said. Perhaps the best ever player that was created by @OrbitingDeath. He collected a shit ton of points (900 or close enough), the same ammount of awards and is regarded as one of the best forwards even in this league.

2. :col: COLOGNE EXPRESS (from Quebec): Mason Richardson

Aka @Kendrick. The member who probably is here under other username and hiding it almost pefectly. Anyways, Mason was a very good defenceman and was rightfully inducted into the HoF. More than 600 points for a defenceman is a pretty dope number.

3. :s24tor: TORONTO LEGION: Tyler Cote

@Ball. Was pretty active during that time. I think this was his player though. Cote was a good forward despite not even reaching 1000 TPE. Also, he never reached 100 point mark in his career. Still, was a good forward.

4. :s24tor: TORONTO LEGION (from Helsinki): Jerrick Poole

@Ninetyfourgoalie. I assume he is active in SHL? No idea. Anyways, he amassed more TPE than Cote. But less points though. I think he didn't crack a career 1 PPG. Still, was a solid player.

5. :s24tor: TORONTO LEGION (from Calgary via Helsinki via Vasteras): Sachimo Zoidberg

@Jala. Was a Toronto GM at one point, but his stint was extremely short. As about Zoidberg, he had a exceptional rookie season and he stayed very good during his career. Wasn't enough for a HoF, but he left his mark in this league...and @boubabi too hue hue hue.

6. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS (from Vasteras via Toronto): Oskars Harumpf

@Harumpf. I was under impression that he was more quiet than aforementioned members. Harumpf was more like a 2C, but a good one. He never won any VHL awards though, including championships. Well, not everyone can be that lucky, right?

7. :sea: SEATTLE BEARS: Lloyd Light 

@street. By looking at his past players, I can see that he never was the most consistent member in terms of activity. He picked up with Light though. Almost reached 1000 TPE with this guy and had a good career altogether.

8. :hcd: HC DAVOS DYNAMO (from Riga via Quebec via Calgary): Vladamir Komarov

@Gooningitup. He was pretty active with Komarov, but it all almost ended after a tragedy occured in his family. Anyways, he came back and finished what he started. Btw, I assume Goon is one of members who is pushing 40 or already is. And yall trying to make fun of Bash smh.

9. :hcd: HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Joshua Rubin

@FBR. I don't even know if he was active when I was playing with Zep, but he reached the 400 TPE plateau. A quite decent second pair D.

10. :s30nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS: Jody 3 Moons

Yup. This is not even the first time @gorlab was picked 10th. And NY was spot on with this pick. Not only Riff Raff could almost reach 1000 TPE, he had a very good career. He never went below 80 point mark in his 7 season career. That's dope.

11. :hcd: HC DAVOS DYNAMO (from Quebec): Kurtis Hunter

@Toast. Another player who perhaps could've been picked a bit higher. He definitely was more notable than Komarov or Rubin although he never won a single award or championship.

12. :s24tor: TORONTO LEGION: Shadhu Rathod Jr.

@Mr.Baller. I remember when members could represent themselves in the Toronto LR. And iirc, Baller was an Indian who lived in Canada. Pinging @DilIsPickle because of this info. Rathod's career was a decent one before his last two most successful seasons in Calgary.

13. :vas: VASTERAS IRON EAGLES (from Helsinki): Rami Jakobssen

@philthethrill81. He didn't have a long career, but only once he went below 1 PPG. Another player who had his best years in Calgary. The second and last good player by Thirll81.

14. :s30nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS (from Cologne): Christoph Klose

aka @der meister. Damn, NY was stealing good players left and right back then. Klose was a very very solid power forward with three championships under his belt and even one season above 100 points. Guess other teams were sleeping on him cause his first player was like 400 something TPE.

15. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS (from Calgary via New York via Toronto): Ryan Cattrall

That's weird, but @Denver just popped in on Saturday to say hello. Anyways, Cattrall was somewhat a disappointment, given how much steals NY was taking. Wasn't a clear bust though.

16. :s24tor: TORONTO LEGION (from Vasteras): Jaime Hill

@Caillean. Was more notable as the member of Calgary. Yeah, Wrangs gonna wrang and things. Eaglesfan was a really passionate GM back then. Didn't have a lot of TPE, but had a solid defensive skills.

17. :rig: RIGA REIGN (from Seattle via Quebec): Alistar Graves

@kikish18. I mentioned about a couple of Latvians that joined the VHL before me. Here is one guy who I didn't mentioned there. And that's the only thing why I didn't mentioned him cause Graves never turned into something special. Even a decent one.

19. :hcd: HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Griffin Simons

@Gunner. I actually remember him as one of the members of the worst draft ever (aka S51). As about Simons, he made it into the VHL and even had one good season. More of a good player for a rebuilding teams.

20. :vas: VASTERAS IRON EAGLES (from New York via Cologne via Calgary): Wesley Matthews

@701. Retired very early because Minot was cut from the VHLM. Welp.

23. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS: King Czar III

@Riggsy. Another good player for rebuilding teams. He actually managed to stay in the VHL for whole career which is impressive for a 300 something TPE guy.

25. :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS: Marcus Hurley

@Cuffy aka mr Wranglers captain for life. Had a couple of +1 PPG seasons despite of never breaking 550 TPE mark. Definitely a steal. Not only NY was taking diamonds in the rough in that draft.

27. :sea: SEATTLE BEARS: Niklas Kurri

@nikkurri17. The last more or less active player. Managed to put some impressive numbers for NY and was a decent one after that. Not his only, but definitely best player.

When I'm saying I don't have strengths and desire, 1000+ word article is coming out. There is a reason though - this draft was really good. It even had a minor steal at 27, even S63 didn't have that lol.

That's it and I'm out.

6x2=12 TPE to Cricket +6 for the net week

14.10 - 20.10

21.10 - 27.10