VSN's New Look

FrostBeard

VSN.png.7f9b33af403c90836748c019543bd0bc.png

VSN’s New look

It is time for Victory Sports News to officially introduce ourselves and talk about what we are doing, how is our week structured and what can you expect from our media outlet going forward. Firstly, it is important to note that VSN is the official media outlet of VHL and our most important goal is to provide high-quality posts weekly so that people can follow VHL without spending countless hours reading everything that gets posted on forums weekly.

Introducing the team

We at VSN are a group of dedicated people who each does his own part and helps VSN grow and gain readers and listeners.  So here we go - here is our current squad of VSN members and what we are up to.

Leadership group

Frostbeard - well, talking about myself feels weird but all in all, I am a Chief editor/manager of VSN as I run things in VSN on day to day basis and have been now for some time. To many, I can be associated with ECN posts previously and my job as GM of Houston Bulls in VHLM.

Banackock - man’s reputation speaks for himself a long-time member of VHL, GM of Seattle Bears and VHLM Commissioner and now a Chief Advisor/Executive President of VSN. His focus on VSN is not only in the leadership role, but he has also been taking up a role as a writer too with his brilliant series called Campbell’s Corner. And opinionated writer that every self-righteous media outlet needs.

Writers

Matt_O - currently the longest-serving member of VSN writing squad. A member who was previous GM of Las Vegas Aces in VHLM, league history buff and a person you really want to have around you because his work mentality is truly on the highest level. Rewind series and more are coming out weekly.

VanCanWin - our brilliant writer who is currently focusing on VHL Weekly Review series of covering and analyzing the past week in VHL. Amazingly passionate about everything he does and an extremely important member of our Writer team. His dedication to excellence is unparalleled.

McWolf - his work ethic and ability to generate ideas has been a huge help as with a new crew and leadership you always require that amazing spark. His work on S68 Mock Draft was wonderful and now his VHL and VHLM Award Tracker series are going strong and showing exactly what you can expect from our articles going further - quality and brilliant work always.

GustavMattias - I am not sure he really needs an introduction in VHL. His work has been brilliant all around - he has been an amazing and truly brilliant GM of Mississauga Hounds and has worked on many big-scale articles of huge importance for VHL. Now he has joined VSN as our Mega-super-amazing-lovely article guy. Huge articles on various topics ranging from League History and drafts to analytics. 

Mr_Hatter - I guess we can say that this is our official announcement for our newest hire. Mr_Hatter is a brilliant writer who has worked on his own series throughout his stay in VHL. His and our work together will mainly focus on analytics that he has been interested in researching and working on. Let’s give him our best wished so his work helps every one of us to understand the mighty beast called STHS. Welcome to the team!

Graphics designer

Motzaburger - probably not a huge surprise to anyone that a guy as prominent and important to everyday life in VHL is involved here as well. Motzaburger has been the mind behind every graphic you have seen posted as the header of our post series. A truly brilliant and outstanding guy who is truly selfless and is helping VSN on its way to become the best sim league media outlet there is. We couldn’t do this without this man and without his immense talent with graphics. 

Podcaster

Advantage - ADV and his work on his podcast series Coast to Coast have been not only brilliant in the way of the quality that we want to provide but also to his dedication towards making VSN better. With more quality content coming I would strongly suggest you go and listen to his brilliant work that provides you with a great insight into what is going on in VHL.

Streamer

Esso - Extremely important member of our squad who is constantly providing coverage for not only VHL but also VHLM Drafts, a person you can depend on. With his role, he surely is not an active everyday member here at VSN, but his presence is important as he can assist always and provide an extra opinion, an opinion that is valued highly by every one of us.

Our content and what can you expect

Our schedule is still a work in progress but what you can expect that throughout the week, our writers will be covering everything from VHL to VHLM, from trades to interesting facts, from history to future. We are here to give you a quality look at everything in VHL. 

Currently, we have a plan of posting around 5 articles weekly that would cover previously mentioned content and that would be not only aesthetically pleasing but also would be informative, sometimes opinionated but in the end, would provide you with the necessary information that you would need to have a chat about the league on Forums or on Discord.

I am working and editing every post we are publishing so you can expect the same standard every time we are sending out a piece to the public. 

Altogether, we at VSN are here for you but we always need your help too in terms of ideas and suggestions on how to improve our content and how to make VSN better. I hope you are enjoying our new content and will be with us for many more months. 

Good luck and we will be back with more posts about the league shortly!

People mentioned : @Banackock, @Matt_O, @VanCanWin, @McWolf, @GustavMattias, @Mr_Hatter, @Motzaburger  @Advantage, @Esso2264

VSN Chief Editor FrostBeard

1 hour ago, FrostBeard said:

Esso - Extremely important member of our squad who is constantly providing coverage for not only VHL but also VHLM Drafts, a person you can depend on.

Guy didn't even show up for the S69 VHLM Draft ? @Esso2264