Christmas Giveaway my ass

BluObieZ

Okay so even before I wrote this, I know lot of people will look at this and think why is he even complaining. Well let me finish before you post. Hell. Let me start. You fucking smug asshole.

So the league did this whole twelve days of Christmas thing, where they gave TPE each day leading up the Christmas. Which was nice and all. Don’t get me wrong they could have just given a free week and had been done with it. But they went above and beyond that and gave a bunch more TPE. Now where I have the issue is that they gave away dollar values with the said TPE. The dollar values added up to the grand prize on Christmas Day.

It was like $800 or some shit like that (Probably wrong, the dollar value is not the issue) and on Christmas had a draw for winners for a predetermined number of prizes. Which were an NHL jersey for one person, NHL 20 for a few people and I think and I maybe wrong, a few players got “donation” money to get whatever they want.

Now that “Donation” is not really the issue here but it’s funny how the league said the value was something grand and they wanted people to be like “Thank you for being so generous” Well think about it. If you “donate” to the league the money goes to the league and you get free TPE or whatever you want in return. So what the league did her was saying “Hey here’s $20 (Example) you can spend on the player store” Obviously the player gets credited the $20 and sure the league “losses out” on those donations. But Do they really lose out? I feel like when they came up with the prizes, when they came up with the shittier ones they just were like fuck! What can we give? And they came up with that. It’s stupid really. To say what you can get for $20 really holds a value of $20 is a joke really. I wouldn’t spend 2 cents on it. My point here is that the Donation money shouldn’t be counted against the Prizes total worth because its not worth it at all.

Now to the real issue. Well… not issue, but to the real thing this article was about. When do you ever remember a Christmas that you woke up on Christmas Day and you got no presents? Other people in your family got them but not you? Look I understand that they can’t give jerseys and games to everyone. That is not the issue here. But they make it out to be this generous gesture but it really isn’t. What they really should have done was give away a free week (in the very least since it costs them nothing at all) to everyone else that did not win. Seeing that they $800 or whatever came out of members pockets when they donated because, there is no way in hell that they paid out of their own pockets. Which also proof the league doesn’t need your donations as much as they make it sound. They had enough to spend $800 or whatever and still obviously enough to keep the site up and running. You give them the money and they spend it on other people but you. You fuckers should have given everyone else a free week. That is all. End Rant.

with the 12 days of christmas you get extra tpe and can still claim your weeks tpe so your getting more tpe then a free week plus a chance at a real life prize I dont see anything wrong with it and sense they didnt seem to need the donation money the used it on prizes for the MEMBERS so why be upset about it they could have just kept it and divided it between themselves. i perfer this over the EFL and SBAs free week, as once i use the free week im capped and cant earn any extra if i wanted to, and they cant buy everyone a gift so they bought a few things and its not like the people that donated didnt get the reward you already get for donating, it seem your upset cause you yourself didnt get anything because if you where chosen you wouldnt have made this post lol

• Commissioner

How dare we be generous at all because we couldn’t be generous to all 169 people who participated on top of the generosity we were already giving of uncapped TPE, 16 by the way if you did all 12 days. A free week would be 6 capped, you got 16 uncapped. What exactly is the issue here? Ba fucking humbug.

Also of note, tier 1, which was the $10 “donation” (really just the wording to indicate they could choose prizes from the donation incentives) didn’t count towards our total when we said $550. That was $250 for the jersey, $80 x3 for the games  (so we’re at $490 total) and $20 x5 for the VHL merch. That’s actually $590 even though we kept saying $550. Tier 1 was only listed has having value on the tree graphic just to showcase that responding even once would make you eligible for a prize, it was never counted towards any of our totals.

Just admit that you want to butch about something. You called us out a few weeks ago for lining our own pockets with donation money (something no blue member has ever done) and yet now you’re calling us out for giving back. The joy of Robbie hypocrisy.

18 hours ago, JDGraves said:

with the 12 days of christmas you get extra tpe and can still claim your weeks tpe so your getting more tpe then a free week plus a chance at a real life prize I dont see anything wrong with it and sense they didnt seem to need the donation money the used it on prizes for the MEMBERS so why be upset about it they could have just kept it and divided it between themselves. i perfer this over the EFL and SBAs free week, as once i use the free week im capped and cant earn any extra if i wanted to, and they cant buy everyone a gift so they bought a few things and its not like the people that donated didnt get the reward you already get for donating, it seem your upset cause you yourself didnt get anything because if you where chosen you wouldnt have made this post lol

I actually would have refused the game or jersey. So nope not upset. 

15 hours ago, Beketov said:

How dare we be generous at all because we couldn’t be generous to all 169 people who participated on top of the generosity we were already giving of uncapped TPE, 16 by the way if you did all 12 days. A free week would be 6 capped, you got 16 uncapped. What exactly is the issue here? Ba fucking humbug.

Also of note, tier 1, which was the $10 “donation” (really just the wording to indicate they could choose prizes from the donation incentives) didn’t count towards our total when we said $550. That was $250 for the jersey, $80 x3 for the games  (so we’re at $490 total) and $20 x5 for the VHL merch. That’s actually $590 even though we kept saying $550. Tier 1 was only listed has having value on the tree graphic just to showcase that responding even once would make you eligible for a prize, it was never counted towards any of our totals.

Just admit that you want to butch about something. You called us out a few weeks ago for lining our own pockets with donation money (something no blue member has ever done) and yet now you’re calling us out for giving back. The joy of Robbie hypocrisy.

No I am calling you out for spending the money you guys claim you don't have. You guys cry about needing donations and all of it goes towards league fees. But obviously the league had a nice enough cousin to pay for the games and the jersey since the player store shit holds $0  value.  I'm just pointing out that you are saying two stories. League needs money. But then come Christmas time "Hey! look at us your wonderful blue crew, we are spending $800" (When actually it's less because as I mentioned the player store shit value is $0 even though you claim it holds some value) 

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

No I am calling you out for spending the money you guys claim you don't have. You guys cry about needing donations and all of it goes towards league fees. But obviously the league had a nice enough cousin to pay for the games and the jersey since the player store shit holds $0  value.  I'm just pointing out that you are saying two stories. League needs money. But then come Christmas time "Hey! look at us your wonderful blue crew, we are spending $800" (When actually it's less because as I mentioned the player store shit value is $0 even though you claim it holds some value) 

1. No one ever said $800 except you so yes, it’s less, but we’ve admitted that.

2. We’ve never said the league desperately needs donations. Our operating costs are quite reasonable aside from expansion logos and expensive recruitment. People are willing to donate and that’s awesome but we’ve literally never cried that we’re desperate for funds.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

1. No one ever said $800 except you so yes, it’s less, but we’ve admitted that.

2. We’ve never said the league desperately needs donations. Our operating costs are quite reasonable aside from expansion logos and expensive recruitment. People are willing to donate and that’s awesome but we’ve literally never cried that we’re desperate for funds.

1. I am using $800 as my example. You guys used a number and all I am pointing out is that the value of your claims should be lower.

2. I recall a time a few years ago. Membership was down and the blue crew was saying if we want the league to stick around please donate. I even believe that additional perks were given during this period if you donated. Me, I didn't care. 

Edited by BluObieZ

On 12/29/2019 at 9:27 PM, Beketov said:

Oh now reading more of this instead of blindly responding to funny things I see. I was saying after the 12 days and the tpe you gave there. You guys should have did a free week for the people that didn't get a game or a jersey, because the ones that got the "gifts" got those and the 12 days tpe. While everyone got the 12 days and a lump of coal. The least (literally the least) you guys could have done was a free week for the non winners.  I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Edited by BluObieZ

• Commissioner

I’m done engaging with this, it’s pretty clear you just want something to bitch about and don’t care enough to actually try and make sense of anything. Never once did we count the value of tier 1 so no, our “value” shouldn’t have been lower and we were clear from the start that not everyone was going to win something. That’s kinda how a giveaway goes. You also can’t honestly say “the league needed donations 6 years ago so they must desperately need them now” because times change. Yes, we still have some operating costs but we also have a more generous user base who are willing to cover those costs so we are more willing to give back. I refuse to accept this as a bad thing purely because we didn’t give extra stuff to all 169 people.

Crawl back under your bridge Robbie.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

I’m done engaging with this, it’s pretty clear you just want something to bitch about and don’t care enough to actually try and make sense of anything. Never once did we count the value of tier 1 so no, our “value” shouldn’t have been lower and we were clear from the start that not everyone was going to win something. That’s kinda how a giveaway goes. You also can’t honestly say “the league needed donations 6 years ago so they must desperately need them now” because times change. Yes, we still have some operating costs but we also have a more generous user base who are willing to cover those costs so we are more willing to give back. I refuse to accept this as a bad thing purely because we didn’t give extra stuff to all 169 people.

Crawl back under your bridge Robbie.

I'll be seeing you in this weeks rant topic. That's a promise.