After 70 Seasons Time To Expand Hall of Fame

Mike

891tk2ucr5q01.jpg

The VHL Hall of Fame is an elusive club with usually two or fewer members gaining entry each season.  Factor in the Hall of Fame didn't induct its first player until Season 5.  After 70 seasons, we have approximately 120 players enshrined as immortals.  After 70 seasons, the VHL has had thousand(s) of players (at least one thousand).  It might be time to take on the methods of other professional leagues and expand to senior players.

The NFL, for instance, has the rule to relook over players who have been 25 years removed from the game.  Once a list of players is narrowed down to finalists just as they do for modern-era players, there is a vote.  The hall of fame voting panel must approve senior legacy players by a vote of 80%.  

We don't have to give them full VHL Hall of Fame rights.  It would, however, it would be nice to add perhaps an honor mention type area.  We can include a similar long-player bio with stats and accomplishments.  We can shed light on past players that many were not around to see and honor those who may have been overshadowed by the league's best.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

PensFan should go in as a builder for his lack of success with Vasteras

He, along with Sandro, would probably be my picks to be the founder members for the Builders Hall of "Very Good/Influential"

1 hour ago, Corco said:

He, along with Sandro, would probably be my picks to be the founder members for the Builders Hall of "Very Good/Influential"

Both didn't lack passion, but lacked any sort of power or strength in their GM'ing. I think they were friends too

21 minutes ago, Victor said:

They're both builders already.

Oh I know, but I would still say that they’re definitely some of the lesser-accomplished builders in the hall.