S71 Off-Season/S72 Season Schedule

Quik

S71 OFF-SEASON / S72 SEASON SCHEDULE:
Dates and times subject to change

Sunday, May 10th

Off Season begins

Depreciation

S72 Finance TPE Cut-Off  (all TPE earned, up to, and including, this date will affect salary brackets for S72) 

Monday, May 11th

Experience Points Allocated

Thursday, May 14th

S71 Hall of Fame Induction

S71 VHLM Awards Ceremony

Friday, May 15th

S71 VHL Awards Ceremony

Prediction Payouts

S72 Predictions Open

Free Agent Discussions Open @ Noon EDT

Saturday, May 16th

VHL Entry Draft @ 3PM EDT

Free Agency Opens @ Noon EDT

Sunday, May 17th

S72 VHLM TPE Cut-Off  (Any players who have earned 251 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S72 - Training Camp may not be claimed after this date if you are at the Cap; if you are within 10 of the cap on this date, you may claim up to the cap, i.e. If you are at 244, you may claim 6 TPE from Training Camp)  

S72 Depreciation Fighter Cut-Off (Any players who wish to purchase a S72 depreciation fighter from the Player Store will no longer be eligible to do so after this date: The 'Jaromir Jagr', Still Kicking, Old But Not Forgotten)

Monday, May 18th

VHLM Dispersal Draft @ 8PM EDT

Training Camps Open

Pre-Season Retirement  (Players can re-create for S73 and still play S72)

Wednesday, May 20th

S72 VHL/VHLM Indexes Posted

Thursday, May 21st

S72 VHL/VHLM Regular Season Begins

Sunday, May 24th

Training Camps Close

S72 Predictions Close @ 11:59PM EDT

Monday, June 8th

S72 Theme Week

Monday, June 15th

S72 Trade Deadline @ 3PM ET

Players may create for S74 VHL Entry Draft

Saturday, June 27th

S72 Playoffs Begin

4 minutes ago, McWolf said:

We're already past finance cutoff? VHFL results coming out later today!

Also I love that the TPE cutoff is now BEFORE the VHLM draft. Makes way more sense.

tbh, that's mostly determined by luck. If we can get the draft done after, great, but usually it happens too early in the off-season for the cut-off, especially if the season starts on a Monday-Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, gorlab said:

when do I have to buy my depreciation items in the playerstore by???

15 minutes ago, Quik said:

Sunday, May 17th

S72 Depreciation Fighter Cut-Off (Any players who wish to purchase a S72 depreciation fighter from the Player Store will no longer be eligible to do so after this date: The 'Jaromir Jagr', Still Kicking, Old But Not Forgotten)

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Still giving out free TPE to VHLM for performance?  I thought I read last offseason keeping that but capping at 10 instead of 20?

It’s not based off performance anymore, it’s just a straight graduation bonus that everyone gets when entering the VHL. But yes, it’s becoming 10 instead of 20.

44 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s not based off performance anymore, it’s just a straight graduation bonus that everyone gets when entering the VHL. But yes, it’s becoming 10 instead of 20.

Automatically or do we claim it?

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Automatically or do we claim it?

It's supposed to be automatic, but if you don't get it after your first VHL game, you should claim it.

Just an FWIW, you guys need to start giving people their salary for the season before depreciation. Planning to buy something from the store before my last season to lessen the blow of depreciation as I did this year, but I will need my final year of salary to do that.

So if someone depreciates me and I can't buy it until I get my salary, they're gonna have to go in and fix it anyways. Not a huge deal but something small that I'm going to have to deal with that I'm sure someone else will have to do in the future as well. So just something small that would probably just be smarter to do to avoid a pain for multiple people in the updating chain.

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Just an FWIW, you guys need to start giving people their salary for the season before depreciation. Planning to buy something from the store before my last season to lessen the blow of depreciation as I did this year, but I will need my final year of salary to do that.

So if someone depreciates me and I can't buy it until I get my salary, they're gonna have to go in and fix it anyways. Not a huge deal but something small that I'm going to have to deal with that I'm sure someone else will have to do in the future as well. So just something small that would probably just be smarter to do to avoid a pain for multiple people in the updating chain.

It's mostly the way the portal works, it can't distribute salary until the finance season begins, which is when the off-season ends. We do allow you to borrow from future earnings though, so if your contract will pay you enough, or you're a FA and your minimum bracket is enough to guarantee it, you can purchase the depreciation fighter and go into the red, as long as you'll have enough to be out of it when contracts are distributed.

5 hours ago, Quik said:

It's mostly the way the portal works, it can't distribute salary until the finance season begins, which is when the off-season ends. We do allow you to borrow from future earnings though, so if your contract will pay you enough, or you're a FA and your minimum bracket is enough to guarantee it, you can purchase the depreciation fighter and go into the red, as long as you'll have enough to be out of it when contracts are distributed.

Cool, that works as well. Just didn't wanna have to make things harder for the updater. 

• Quik unpinned and unfeatured this topic