Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

Yukon Press Conference- S76 Week 3

1) The Rush are currently 14-8-2 as we have hit the one third point of the season. This record puts us at 4th overall in the entire league. Do you think we could potentially break into the top 3 or do you think we may drop down a bit?

2) The team unfortunately had to release two players this morning due to inactivity. We lost a 200+ TPE winger and a 130-140 TPE D-man. Do you personally see this as a setback to the team or a personal opportunity to move up the depth chart a bit and get more minutes?

3) While it has been documented that Houston has a great team, in the Eastern Conference the Minnesota Storm has emerged as one of the top teams in the league. We have yet to face them but how do you like our chances going up against Minnesota?

4) Looking forward, where do you see yourself next season? To the players who have been drafted, do you think you will be ready to make the jump to the pros or do you think you will be in Yukon for another season? To the players who have yet to go through the draft, how do you think you will do in the draft? Where are you hoping to be drafted?

5) Outside of VHL, do yo have any personal goals for this year? COVID is still hanging around, are you affected by the pandemic at all and if so how are you managing?

6) This question was asked last season but it is necessary to ask again this season to the new members of the squad. Do you like pineapple on your pizza, why or why not? You will be judged for your answer.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, fromtheinside said:

1) The Rush are currently 14-8-2 as we have hit the one third point of the season. This record puts us at 4th overall in the entire league. Do you think we could potentially break into the top 3 or do you think we may drop down a bit?

2) The team unfortunately had to release two players this morning due to inactivity. We lost a 200+ TPE winger and a 130-140 TPE D-man. Do you personally see this as a setback to the team or a personal opportunity to move up the depth chart a bit and get more minutes?

3) While it has been documented that Houston has a great team, in the Eastern Conference the Minnesota Storm has emerged as one of the top teams in the league. We have yet to face them but how do you like our chances going up against Minnesota?

4) Looking forward, where do you see yourself next season? To the players who have been drafted, do you think you will be ready to make the jump to the pros or do you think you will be in Yukon for another season? To the players who have yet to go through the draft, how do you think you will do in the draft? Where are you hoping to be drafted?

5) Outside of VHL, do yo have any personal goals for this year? COVID is still hanging around, are you affected by the pandemic at all and if so how are you managing?

6) This question was asked last season but it is necessary to ask again this season to the new members of the squad. Do you like pineapple on your pizza, why or why not? You will be judged for your answer.

1.) We're absolutely shooting for the top. We have momentum and don't see that stopping. 

2.) Any time you lose a player it impacts the team, but I'm confident in the players we have. More opportunities for us all to shine. 

3.) Every game is an opportunity to win, so we'll face Minnesota with the same confidence we do everyone else. We've proven ourselves against tough opponents this season. 

4.) I think I'm in my final year of Minor eligibility so I'm hopeful to make it up Davos next year, for sure. 

5.) Some professional setbacks for sure and missing a lot of my colleagues, but also able to spend more time with the family I live with which has been good. 

6.) Pineapple is always good on pizza. Judge as you may! haha 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, fromtheinside said:

1) I believe that our team has a chance of moving up to the top 3. I think we have played well but we could do better.

2) Well it is a setback to the team but it is also an opportunity for me to get more playing minutes which is good for my progress. 

3) I am always positive pre games. Therefore I think we have a chance of a win against Minnesota Storm. I really believe in the team and what we can do this year.

4) Next season I see myself being in Yukon another season. This because I still need to make more progress in my game.

5) Well I am a student at the moment and studying from home is not easy. Personal goals for me this year is to pass all my classes.

6) I am not a fan of pineapple on pizza. I do not have a problem with people who has it on their pizzas but its not for me.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, fromtheinside said:

Yukon Press Conference Week 2

1) The Yukon Rush have gotten out to a respectable 7-4 start to the season. Are you happy with how the team has started, why or why not?

2) How have you felt about your individual performance so far in the first set of games? Do you feel like you are performing the way you should be and are you on pace for any goals you set for yourself this season?

3) The Houston Bulls are off to a 10-0 start. They were the undisputed #1 favorites going into this season... how long do you think they will go undefeated for to start the season?

4) Motzaburger was named our team captain last week before the season started. Speaking of burgers, what topping and condiments do you like on your burger. Alternatively do you prefer BK burgers, Mcdonald's burgers, Wendy's burgers or a different burger place not mentioned?

5) Our goalie Matt Sovick Jr has gotten off to a great start for the Rush this season. Who is your favourite real life goalie and why? If you don't watch hockey who is your favourite athlete and why?

6) When you aren't spending time on VHL what do you like to do in your free time?

1) the real question is: IS @MexicanCow123HAPPY?

2) I don't look at stats because my ego is too big

3) They are poo and from texas

4) holy shit I am captain???!?!?!?! BACON DOUBLE BIG MAC

5) He stops all pucks with his mind powers

6) do school work 😢 

Yukon Press Conference Week 3

1) The Superbowl just happened on Sunday. The Bucs beat the Chiefs and Brady won his 7th SuperBowl. Did you watch the SuperBowl? What did you think of the result? 

2) We are at about the halfway point in our VHLM season. The Rush have had alot of success lately. We are getting scoring from multiple players including our defense, we are keeping the shots against us relatively low, our goaltending has been great. Who would you name as our team MVP so far this season and why?

3)  Have you enjoyed your time here in Yukon so far? Is there anything you think management should do differently to improve the experience in Yukon?

4) How is your favourite hockey team doing in the NHL right now? If you don't have a favourite team are there any other sports you enjoy watching?

5) What's your favourite genre of music or do you have any favourite artists or music groups? Alternatively do you have a song that you've been listening to alot lately?

6) If you hypothetically won a million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?

1) The Superbowl just happened on Sunday. The Bucs beat the Chiefs and Brady won his 7th SuperBowl. Did you watch the SuperBowl? What did you think of the result? yes and I wanted to see mahomes win again but it is pretty cool that the goat can make what was once a bad team good again

2) We are at about the halfway point in our VHLM season. The Rush have had alot of success lately. We are getting scoring from multiple players including our defense, we are keeping the shots against us relatively low, our goaltending has been great. Who would you name as our team MVP so far this season and why?

I don't have an mvp because the team is doing good altogether so if I had to give one it would be to the entire team

3)  Have you enjoyed your time here in Yukon so far? Is there anything you think management should do differently to improve the experience in Yukon? absolutely. No

4) How is your favourite hockey team doing in the NHL right now? If you don't have a favourite team are there any other sports you enjoy watching? The penguins are playing like garbage right now but I think they can lift themselves above this wall in their way

5) What's your favourite genre of music or do you have any favourite artists or music groups? Alternatively do you have a song that you've been listening to alot lately? I like a lot of music. Rap, country,pop,etc. Definitely blinding lights by the weekend

6) If you hypothetically won a million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it? prob put most of it in savings or a retirement fund, buy a nice beach house and a nice car

36 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

1) The Superbowl just happened on Sunday. The Bucs beat the Chiefs and Brady won his 7th SuperBowl. Did you watch the SuperBowl? What did you think of the result? 

3)  Have you enjoyed your time here in Yukon so far? Is there anything you think management should do differently to improve the experience in Yukon?

4) How is your favourite hockey team doing in the NHL right now? If you don't have a favourite team are there any other sports you enjoy watching?

5) What's your favourite genre of music or do you have any favourite artists or music groups? Alternatively do you have a song that you've been listening to alot lately?

6) If you hypothetically won a million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?

1) I watched the goat win. He is a weird man tho. So white. 

2) Probably someone better than MacGrubes

3) Cow needs to give away more steaks

4) We don't talk about things that aren't going well

5) It is not country cause that stuff bad

6) I would buy dogecoin

19 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

I honestly know NOTHING about football , i dont even know what the score was ....

Easy , Sovick is WILD 

The Management in Yukon is nothing short of UNREAL , 

IHonestly havent had any time to watch

Classical , that pianno OHHHHH 

Buy a house ! 

On 2/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. Yes. I expected the Chiefs to win but as a Pats fan watching Brady to Gronk was great.

2. I just got here yesterday but looking at the stats Sovick is playing great.

3. Like previously said, just joined yesterday but management has been great no complaints!

4.The Bruins are doing much better than I expected. I really only watch hockey

5. I listen to different genres in phases. Right now I'm listening to hip hop and a little bit of metal. Little Baby and A7x are my favorites right now

6. I would buy a house and a new car and try to save the rest.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. i did watch the sb, i am really happy tom brady won another ring. i am happy another florida team won it all. florida is the best state.

2. Probably our goalie he has been doing really well this season, we have a pretty good record also.

3. i am very happy i signed with yukon, its been a really fun experience. nothing really needs to be changed.

4. panthers are doing amazing. best team in the League. heat are doing garbage and playing terribly.

5.  i dont listen to music, the best music is called silence i recommend trying it. everyone gets on me for it but i dont really care.

6. buy a supra or a tesla and be smart with the money i won.

Week 4 Press Conference

1) If the playoffs were to start today we would be the 4 seed and playing Miami in the first round. How would you like our chances versus the Marauders in round one?

2) We only have a handful of games left. How do you feel about your player's individual performance in the regular season?

3) How have you been doing lately? With COVID still hanging around, how have you managed or been effected by the pandemic lately?

4) I been watching alot of streamers on Twitch lately. Do you watch any streamers and if so who do you like the most/who have you been watching lately? Alternatively if you don't watch streamers, do you recommend any YouTube channels?

5) What do you like to do with your free time when you aren't working or in school?

6) If you had to take away one of your 5 senses which one would you choose and why?

14 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

Week 4 Press Conference

1) If the playoffs were to start today we would be the 4 seed and playing Miami in the first round. How would you like our chances versus the Marauders in round one?

2) We only have a handful of games left. How do you feel about your player's individual performance in the regular season?

3) How have you been doing lately? With COVID still hanging around, how have you managed or been effected by the pandemic lately?

4) I been watching alot of streamers on Twitch lately. Do you watch any streamers and if so who do you like the most/who have you been watching lately? Alternatively if you don't watch streamers, do you recommend any YouTube channels?

5) What do you like to do with your free time when you aren't working or in school?

6) If you had to take away one of your 5 senses which one would you choose and why?

1) I like would like our chances against the Miami Marauders, I definitely think we could move in to the next round. 

2) I feel good about my players performance this season. Points are up and I have improved on defence alot. 

3) I am doing good. For the moment I am a student and the COVID-pandemic has made the teaching over the web. This is a lot harder than to actually have physical lessons in campus but it is okay I guess.

4) I do not watch that many streamers. Most youtube, I am a golfer in my spare time and watch alot of GoodGood golf but also gaming channels like the swedish ArgaSkånskaMän.

5) I like to go to the gym, watch hockey or hang out with friends. When the weather is good i Play golf and hang out at the beach.

6) Probably touch, I don't know why but I think that it's the one that I would be effected by the least. 

1. We've been on a role lately and beating top teams has become normal. I really like our chances in the first round especially vs the Marauders 

2. My player is still relatively new and not performing amazing, but i just scored my first goal so that's a plus! My player has been winning a decent amount of faceoffs which as a fourth line center is important.

3. I've been dealing with the pandemic well. Left my old job and got back into trades for now. Will go back to school when the new school year starts.

4. When the pandemic first started I watched hours of twitch each day but now with work back I watch more YouTube. Brawadis is my favorite at the moment, but ill also watch some fishing videos EliasVfishing being my current favorite.

5. I pay NHL 21 a lot, and sleep lol.

6. That's a pretty deep question. But I guess it would have to be taste. I love food but I'm sure I could get over it and it would definitely help me eat healthier.

• 2 weeks later...

Press Conference- S76 Playoffs Edition

1) We are up 3-1 on the Miami Marauders in the first round of the playoffs. Miami has proven in the past to be a hard team to put away. We have 3 chances to get it done. How confident are you?

2) It's only been 4 games so far but we have gotten contributions from plenty of different places so far. Who is your early choice for Yukon Playoffs MVP and why?

3) The Minnesota Storm and the Mexico City Kings both swept in their first round, while the 1 seed Houston Bulls are up 3-1 in their series vs PHI. Who are do you find most intimidating should we move forward in the playoffs and why?

4) What are your players plans for the the offseason and beyond into next season?

5) Have you enjoyed your time in Yukon this season, why or why not? What could be improved for future seasons?

6) What is your favourite song at the moment or if you don't have one what TV show or movie have you recently watched?

10 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

Press Conference- S76 Playoffs Edition

1) We are up 3-1 on the Miami Marauders in the first round of the playoffs. Miami has proven in the past to be a hard team to put away. We have 3 chances to get it done. How confident are you?

2) It's only been 4 games so far but we have gotten contributions from plenty of different places so far. Who is your early choice for Yukon Playoffs MVP and why?

3) The Minnesota Storm and the Mexico City Kings both swept in their first round, while the 1 seed Houston Bulls are up 3-1 in their series vs PHI. Who are do you find most intimidating should we move forward in the playoffs and why?

4) What are your players plans for the the offseason and beyond into next season?

5) Have you enjoyed your time in Yukon this season, why or why not? What could be improved for future seasons?

6) What is your favourite song at the moment or if you don't have one what TV show or movie have you recently watched?

1) I am confident in our team to get the victory needed to advance in the playoffs. I think we had a good season and that we should be able to advance.

2) Well I think that I have done a good job this season putting up mostly assists leading to a great amount of points. I think that I am putting up points in the playoffs as well. But I believe that our goaltender, Matthew A Sovick jr, has done good for himself and the team so far in the playoffs. I believe we are both contenders for the MVP.

3) Probably the houston bulls, we have not had the best record against them this season and they're looking good in the playoffs.

4) To develope on the defencive side as well as to work on scoring more. I think defence have been lacking a little this season and do not like the +/- stats of my player.

5) I have definitely enjoyed my time here. It's a great atmosphere and a good team to develope into a better hockey player. Even when there has been a lot going on in the world the atmosphere has been positive. 

6) I have a hard time choosing, therefore I will give more than one song. Number one is "Angel" by shaggy, this because it makes me happy and gets me thinking of my girlfriend. Nnfortunately we don't see eachother as often as we would like because we are in a distance relashionship. The second song is "Soldier" by NEFFEX. A completely different genre but very good. The last is a swedish song "Barn av vår tid" by Hov1, this song reflects alot of the society in sweden today. With the wrong people as rolemodels and so on. These are my favourite songs as of today.

I was very skeptical. Was definitely a little nervous through the whole series. Glad we got it done in 6 games. Wasn't easy.

Sovik has been absolutely huge for us. Pretty sure he was a top 3 goalie in the league this season. I think he could pull of another amazing run in the playoffs. He's a young skilled guy who's learned a lot in his time in Yukon.

I think Houston's and Minnesota are our toughest opponents as they finished above us in the standings and gave us a hard time during the regular season.

Just going to take some time to rest, then get right back into the swing of things. I am loving my time in Moscow so I'm super excited to see what we can get done next season.

I'm the GM I always enjoy my time in Yukon. 

I'm quite into cop shows. So I often go back and watch all the Brooklyn nine nines. I always watch The Rookie and The Mentalist. Both cops shows that I really enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

WiaitDx.png

:yuk:Yukon Rush Press Conference :yuk:

(for week ending in 3/21)

1. The S77 Draft has recently just concluded, and although the Rush only had picks in the 5th round and later, I would say we've done pretty well for ourselves adding some great late round steals in my opinion. How did you feel like we've done?

2. (For Rookies) How does it feel to be drafted by the Rush? (For Returning Players) How do you feel coming back to the Rush for another season?

3. A new General Manager has come onto the scene in myself, is there anything you'd like to see specifically done as a recommendation for the team?

4. This off-season has felt like it has taken ages, what have you been up during the off-season?

5. Do you have a favourite real life hockey club? If so, how long have you been watching them and who's your favourite player?

6. What is your favourite generally unpopular food (squid, escargot, broccoli, etc.)?

12 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. The S77 Draft has recently just concluded, and although the Rush only had picks in the 5th round and later, I would say we've done pretty well for ourselves adding some great late round steals in my opinion. How did you feel like we've done?

2. (For Rookies) How does it feel to be drafted by the Rush? (For Returning Players) How do you feel coming back to the Rush for another season?

3. A new General Manager has come onto the scene in myself, is there anything you'd like to see specifically done as a recommendation for the team?

4. This off-season has felt like it has taken ages, what have you been up during the off-season?

5. Do you have a favourite real life hockey club? If so, how long have you been watching them and who's your favourite player?

6. What is your favourite generally unpopular food (squid, escargot, broccoli, etc.)?

1. Well, I happen to be one of those picks, so I have to think that. :) I promise to not disappoint.

2. It feels awesome to be drafted by such a great franchise like the Rush. Hopefully we can achieve a lot this season.

3. Remain competitive while also stacking some assets for the future. That's a lot to ask, but just maintain a high standard for the team above all else.

4. I wasn't here, but I joined the game recently. I am currently playing another GM game, since last year, too, called Hockey Dynasty. Really cool as well, check out!
5. My favorite club is the Bruins. Been watching for a long time now. Favorite player is Bergeron, but Pastrnak, McAvoy, and Marchand stars too. 

6. Favorite unpopular food? Hmmmm....I don't know. I like potates, but those aren't really unpopular. 

Well, We have been doing good, I think late rounders was decent, assuming that we traded our first round picks for very good players!

2. (For Rookies) How does it feel to be drafted by the Rush? (For Returning Players) How do you feel coming back to the Rush for another season?
I was not drafted now, but when I started as a Rush it felt good. Being drafted by the Vancouver Wolves Was very nice, I was picked in like a 1st or 2nd round pick!

Not really, I just hope you do not kill this team, because it has so much potential!

I don't know, I have been sitting in bed, coding a website and watching Netflix, I think I am gonna find a part time internship soon!

Calgary is my favorite. I have been watching them and cheering for them for about 4 years now. My favorite player is Monahan.

Mushrooms! If those count, then they are my favorite. But my actual favorite favorite food is sushi!

On 3/15/2021 at 11:35 PM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

In my opinion we are the best

Very exciting, looking forward playing with you

Lots of smooches 😍

I’ve been practicing hockey

Detroit red wings since 12 months

Broccoli

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 3/28)

1. The season is starting today! What are your expectations for your player going into the season?

2. The Rush is in a dire spot with not a lot of defense to work with, as our only member who hasn't been promoted to the VHL, lost to inactivity, or went to free agency is a recently selected rookie in @JB123. How do you think we'll fair this season?

3. What is more important to you, team success or winning an individual award?

4. Is there anything management can do to help make your time with the Rush or in the VHL overall better?

5. What's the last movie you watched, and what would you rate it out of 10?

6. You have $20 to order in food for delivery, what is your go-to?

6 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. The season is starting today! What are your expectations for your player going into the season?

2. The Rush is in a dire spot with not a lot of defense to work with, as our only member who hasn't been promoted to the VHL, lost to inactivity, or went to free agency is a recently selected rookie in @JB123. How do you think we'll fair this season?

4. Is there anything management can do to help make your time with the Rush or in the VHL overall better?

1. To continue improving mostly, and help the Rush get some wins. 

2. Hopefully good, only time will tell if another defenseman arrives. I will do my best and take advantage of the opportunity on defense. 

3. Team success. Definitely. 

4. Right now things are going very well. So, no, not at the moment. 

5. Hmmm...Miracle on Ice, 10/10!

6. Let's go with Chick-Fil-A. Not that they deliver, but...too good not to mention. 

23 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1 -- i would like a 20 goal, 30 assist type of season for 50 points -- just being able to contribute anyway that i can on special teams as well 

2 -- until we get some more d-men, it will be tough on our goalie.  i think we will be good offensively, but i think it will be a tough go of it on the defensive side of things

3 -- team success easily -- being able to hoist a championship trophy as a team and skate around with it is far more important than any individual award 

4 -- so far so good -- Juice has been an amazing GM so far and very helpful and laid everything out that i need to do and honestly coulndt have asked for anything better than that

5 -- Adam SAndler movie -- Sandy Wexler -- i would say 6 out of 10 

6 -- Nicky's Thai Kitchen in pittsbugh -- pad see eaw with beef and then a hot ginger tea with it