London United Press Conferences

McWolf

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.c8b8fa88861f32bee2c9b8e2f1e72e7e.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday October 11th.

1. What was your reaction from the crazy 10 round shootout against DC in our 3-2 win?

2. Are you happy with your production so far this season?

3. Are we living up or falling flat according to your expectations of where we’d be in the standings so far?

4. What made you choose the position that you play?

5. If there was one thing you could change about the league what would it be?

6. Do you play many video games and if so what is your most played game in the last month or two?

@McWolf @TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

@okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus

James Rose will be answering some questions now...

1. What was your reaction from the crazy 10 round shootout against DC in our 3-2 win?

It was totally insane.  I haven't been a part of anything that intense, I even scored and freaked myself out a bit.  We took that nail-biter to the absolute end

Somewhat... I think I can be playing better to be honest...

3. Are we living up or falling flat according to your expectations of where we’d be in the standings so far?

It thought we would be playing better or be in a better position, but with all the new rookies that are slowly making names for themselves it's understandable, it's a process for now, but that can't be an excuse moving forward

Playing defense came natural.  Stay between the puck carrier and the net, it was nearly instinctive.  Plus, I'm a big guy so that helps haha

Add a team in Montreal.  Please

6. Do you play many video games and if so what is your most played game in the last month or two?

Ehh, been playing Fortnite, NHL 21, Goat Simulator (just for the LOLZ), Call of Duty Zombies, nothing heavily invested, just pick-up and play type.

1- that was a spectacle. I still don't like the games being decided in a skills competition, but it's fun for fans.

2- my target for this season was 40 goals. It doesn't look like I'll hit it, but it should be close. Not as big of a jump forward as I hoped, but it's still forward.

3- we're obviously a super young club and have shown flashes of what we can be, but we need to take that next step. I hoped for more from us this year but it's a process.

4- I like the play off the wing. It allows me to focus on my defensive responsibility without jeopardizing my offense. If I were a center, I think I'd be too cautious of a player.

5- more player store options. The prices are so significant that I'm going to save my whole career just to blow it all at the end. Having a full set of equipment that people can buy - RBK stick for 1m give +1 scoring, Warrior stick for 3m gives +3 scoring, CCM stick for 3m gives +2 passing +1 scoring. I think that would be cool and allow for some interesting customization.

6- lately skyrim, again, and a few mobile games. Before that was Shadow of Mordor.

1. What was your reaction from the crazy 10 round shootout against DC in our 3-2 win?

"Made history for sure, doesn't happen all the time and it'll be remenbered by the fans seasons down the road, making it a classic moment in London history. I can see it in a top 10 video list now lol."

"Yeah I am, figured if I stayed down in the my chances to win awards and a championship were greater so it was an easy choice after thinking it through."

3. Are we living up or falling flat according to your expectations of where we’d be in the standings so far?

"Nope, we knew it was going to be another tough season, give us propectts a few more seasons of development and the United will be turning heads and shaking the netting more often than not."

"Ice-time and a change from my last guy, he was a right wing playmaker but tiny and weak so had to go with a taller and tougher sniping defenseman this time around."

5. If there was one thing you could change about the league what would it be?

"I feel so bad for goalies, they should get a boost!"

6. Do you play many video games and if so what is your most played game in the last month or two?

"Pokemon Shuffle and Paper Mario: Sticker Star 9n my 2DS, don't really play games much anymore but sure I would if I had a new system plus games haha."

On 10/5/2020 at 11:41 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

1. What was your reaction from the crazy 10 round shootout against DC in our 3-2 win?

@McWolf @TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. I'm just happy we got the win!

2. Not really. I could do better.

3. I thought we'd be a little higher but it is what it is.

4. I love being in the middle of things, so center was the perfect choice.

5. London wins every game.

6. I've been getting into Among Us!

On 10/5/2020 at 11:41 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

As a keeper, these are amazing, you just keep hanging in there. It can be frustrating though, as you'll never get a chance to win it, just keep it going

It's tricky, save percentage is pretty good, but we're giving up a lot of shots, so GAA isn't looking hot.

I didn't have too many expectations, so overall, I'm pleased that we're getting wins

I love that feeling of robbing my foes.

Smooth the onboarding process, I remember really feeling lost when I was getting started

Either Football Manager 2020 or Crusader Kings 3

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday October 18th.

1. How good does it feel to beat other expansion teams?

2. With the trade deadline almost here, are there any hypothetical trades you think we should make?

3. Who are you cheering for to win the cup now that we're about to be going down the final stretch of this season?

4. In this coming draft who's one person you'd like to see us pick up?

5. How long have you been part of the VHL and how did you find out about it?

6. What's your favourite logo in the league?

1. There is no better feeling than killing the enemy.

2. Yes, I have some stuff in mind, but unless the value is stupid good, I'm fine with staying put for now.

3. The HC Davos Dynamo, for obvious reasons, I guess.

4. REDACTED. To be fair, there are a couple of recreates I really like in this next draft and we should have like a top 5 pick, so we should be good to get one of them.

5. I found about the VHL on r/ehm - RIP Reddit recruitment. I've been here over 2 years now, I think. Actually insane when you think about it.

6. The Dynamo used to be one of the logos I hated the most, but now it grew on me. Not sure if it's my favourite, but I really like it. It's up there with D.C., Malmo, London.

Thanks for the Qs, Rupie!

1 - every win feels good, period.

2 - it seems unlikely. New team, tons of young players. Trust the process.

3 - Me no care. Me wants tpez.

4 - There are a lot of guys I have a good history with and would love to see in London. I can't pick favorites. Give em all to me!

5 - I've been here since the early 30s. Made my way here from the SHL. I actually put making a VHL player off for a long time because of the league's reputation as being elitist and condescending toward outsiders.

6 - I've played for almost every team at this point, not counting expansion franchises. I like almost all the logos and think that they are high quality, but if I have to pick one non-London one, it's New York. Very classy.

Feels amazing.  Feels even better to beat top teams though

2. With the trade deadline almost here, are there any hypothetical trades you think we should make?

More defense.  We have our core, time to perhaps move futures for defensive help/

3. Who are you cheering for to win the cup now that we're about to be going down the final stretch of this season?

Too soon to tell, my educated guess would be Riga, but if I'm not in the playoffs, it doesn't really matter

Probably L or Jolly Greene Giant, need D!

Been here for about 6 or 7 months regularly.  Was bored on the interwebs due to covid and fell into here

London baby!  Davos also has a classic looking logo too

On 10/11/2020 at 11:33 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday October 18th.

1. Any way to flex our superiority is good.

2. Not really. I'm not too educated on other teams.

3. Riga.

4. We'll take everyone!

5. Not sure how long I've been here but I was brought here from other sim leagues.

6. London of course!

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday October 25th.

1. Our 2nd season has come to an end. We went from 48 points in our inaugural season to 60, while staying true to our plan of building mainly through the draft. Did you expect us to take a bigger step forward? Are you disappointed with our performance?

2. How was your individual performance this season?

3. Who on the team surprised you the most this past season?

4. Our season is over, but we are taking part in the lottery tournament. At which position do you think we will finish the 10 game tournament?

5. What team are you rooting for in these playoffs we barely missed?

6. Who has your vote for MVP this season?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @SirRupertBarnes @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1 - a bigger step, yes, but not by much. I was hoping for mid60s in points.

2- my plus/minus sucked but I can't complain too much about my point totals. 41 goals? I'll take it 

3 - Alex Volchenkov. Dude was almost a point per game rookie. I mean, feeding me the puck probably helped (casual flex) but hey, that's a hell of a season.

4 - honestly no idea. I'm excited to have an early draft pick though. Lots of good players available to choose from.

5 - London is the only team I root for.

6 - Condor Adrienne killed it again this season. Hard to vote against 110 point defenders.

3 hours ago, McWolf said:

1. Our 2nd season has come to an end. We went from 48 points in our inaugural season to 60, while staying true to our plan of building mainly through the draft. Did you expect us to take a bigger step forward? Are you disappointed with our performance?

4. Our season is over, but we are taking part in the lottery tournament. At which position do you think we will finish the 10 game tournament?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @SirRupertBarnes @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. It sucks to end it here, but I wasn't expecting anything.

2. An improvement, let's say that.

3. James Rose was great!

4. Hopefully first?

5. Riga since they were my first team.

6. Not too educated on other teams so let's say me. I'm the MVP in my heart.

No I think we really improved a lot, even though we did finish last.  The whole league is tightening up, so more points shows works

I took a fuckton of penalties.  I was either on the ice or in the box.  Rarely got to sit with my team during the games

Trivium.  He's so damn good with that shot

I'd be happy finishing in the top.  That's why we compete

5. What team are you rooting for in these playoffs we barely missed?

Riga looks nice, Seattle looks scary, Helsinki could be a dark horse, Vancouver and Moscow can make some serious noise

Lincoln Tate.  Still leading his team to the playoffs for one last run is a massive accomplishment knowing he'll retire.  If that isn't motivation i don't know what is

12 hours ago, McWolf said:

I think we made good moves. It was great to spend a first season in the majors with a full calendar of games, facing top cometition.

Obviously, I'd like to have done better, but I faced a ton of shots, made a lot of saves.

I was really happy with some of our upsets over top teams.

Unfortunately, I think we'll struggle, but we'll see.

Gotta watch the first round and see who looks like fun.

Gotta be Tate or Adrienne, both put up strong numbers.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, McWolf said:

1. I think we did a good job even though we finished last. We won more games than I was expecting to. If you just look at the second half of the season we did much better. We even had a franchise high 4 game win streak. 
2. I felt pretty good. I think I was 5th for rookies this season so I’m happy with that. I felt like the chemistry is really building on the team and things are improving.

3. I’d have to say Trivium and his goal scoring touch. I knew he could score but man did it feel good to set him up for some beauties.

4. 1st baby! ? actually though I think we’ll do alright. We got better as the season progressed so I think we can actually win it.

5. DC so Lesieur can win a cup! He deserves it.

6. My vote is on Mikko Lahtinen. He had an unreal season.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.c8b8fa88861f32bee2

London United Press Conference - Week Ending November 1st

1.  What's on your plate for your favorite weekend brunch meal?

2.  London has a lottery pick in this draft.  GM @McWolf has recently stated that if there's a very good deal he might trade it down.  Armchair GM moment:  What would you do in his shoes?  Draft high or actively shop the pick?

3.  What's going on in your offseason training regimen?  Are you focusing on other attributes other than your main ones?

4.  If you could grow a playoff beard, would you?  Which NHL player has the best playoff beard?

5.  Which person has helped your development the most in your career?

6.  Do you have any silly dreams or nightmares that you can remember or recall from a long time ago?

Edited by MattyIce

14 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

2.  London has a lottery pick in this draft.  GM @McWolf has recently stated that if there's a very good deal he might trade it down.  Armchair GM moment:  What would you do in his shoes?  Draft high or actively shop the pick?

3.  What's going on in your offseason training regimen?  Are you focusing on other attributes other than your main ones?

4.  If you could grow a playoff beard, would you?  Which NHL player has the best playoff beard?

6.  Do you have any silly dreams or nightmares that you can remember or recall from a long time ago?

1. I’d probably go with the Rosemary Sunday from Cora’s. Eggs, bacon, has browns, pancakes, fruit. All the best.

2. I’d evaluate the prospects available and if there’s someone you really want trade for the pick slightly higher than where you think they’ll go. I think if we could get two firsts to add another winger along with a defenseman that’d go a long way. Or even later our picks, one pick this year and another for next season.

3. I’ve been working on my passing lately along with my defensive game. Through the season I had put it on hold for some other areas but I’m focusing on my core abilities for now.

4. I absolutely can and will. I love Play-off Ovi. Either him or Chara. 
5. Oh gosh, my father I suppose. He’s always pushed me hard to be the best I can be.

6. A stupid dream I had as a kid that I never forgot was that I was the size of Stuart little and I was flying around in his little car that he has. It was really dumb but thought it was really cool at the time. I still think planes are awesome and would love to fly myself but it’s way too expensive to do it.

1- potatoes. A giant plate of potatoes, probably as crispy homefries, with a fried egg on top.

2 - id say it depends. I've gm'd in other places and have gone both ways with high picks. If I can trade down from 1 to 3 and pick up a 2nd rounder, and still get a player I like, then I'm game.

3 - I've been working on my defensive positioning and strengthening my shot. I don't think I have too much more to gain there, but if I can score 50 instead of 41, maybe we make the playoffs. 

4 - Probably not, but Lanny MacDonald wins the playoff facial hair race and it's not even close.

5 - my ex-girlfriend's pitbull Reggie

6 - one dream I had started with the idea that I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test,

to train them is my cause! I will travel across the land, searching far and wide.

Call me oldschool but bacon and eggs, usually make a fried egg and bacon sandwich or scrambled with baciano on the side 

2.  London has a lottery pick in this draft.  GM @McWolf has recently stated that if there's a very good deal he might trade it down.  Armchair GM moment:  What would you do in his shoes?  Draft high or actively shop the pick?

Draft high, we need some more players who'll stay and make us stronger!

3.  What's going on in your offseason training regimen?  Are you focusing on other attributes other than your main ones?

Been trying my best to win a cup with Vegas in the VHLM, currently not working out. When I do train next I think getting my defense as high as I can will be vital in the VHL

As much as I hate the Pens, I think Sidney Crosby's dirt statche is the best

Gotta give credit where it's due, has to be spartan, gnomeboi, gumballs and fishy, thanks for your relentless effort to help the team earn TPE

6.  Do you have any silly dreams or nightmares that you can remember or recall from a long time ago?

Don't really dream now, think it's the weed but whenever I was little I used to have this nightmare where I was in one of those construction trucks at the beach and the whole time I waa sumping sand into the ocean. Remember waking up wanting it to stop so bad, definitely fely anxious and my whole body would be soaked with sweat 

Edited by ZP16

On 10/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, MattyIce said:

1. Bacon, bacon, bacon.

2. I'd shop it and see if we get anything good from it. Worst case scenario, there's no good offers and we keep the pick.

3. I'm trying to work on my weaknesses.

4. Maybe Brent Burns?

5. GM Mcwolf for sure.

6. Not really.

London United Press Conference - Week Ending November 8th

1.  London finished last, but has the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft.  Do you think London will have a lottery pick next season?

2.  Do you play a musical instrument?  If so, why did you chose that/those instruments?

3.  Houston Bulls GM Rjfryman had a baby recently.  What do you think his middle name is?

4.  Which British car manufacturer is your favorite and why?

5.  Sean Connery passed away on Halloween.  Should we have a James Bond 007 Theme Night on opening night?

6.  Which question have you always been ready to answer, but never got asked?

Edited by MattyIce

1 - We better not be.

2 - Nope. I was a big music theory nerd though, and my household is full of musicians.

3 - Probably named it after me, so I'm guessing "Terrible"

4 - Lotus, hands down.

5 - Every night should be Bond night. RIP, Mr. Connery.

6 - How are you so big?

4 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

1.  London finished last, but has the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft.  Do you think London will have a lottery pick next season?

2.  Do you play a musical instrument?  If so, why did you chose that/those instruments?

3.  Houston Bulls GM Rjfryman had a baby recently.  What do you think his middle name is?

4.  Which British car manufacturer is your favorite and why?

5.  Sean Connery passed away on Halloween.  Should we have a James Bond 007 Theme Night on opening night?

6.  Which question have you always been ready to answer, but never got asked?

1. I have a feeling we’ll make a run at making the playoffs. We were close this season and we’re going to be even better next season.

2. I do not, but I do own a guitar because I was going to learn but never did.

3. Oh wow I had no idea. That awesome! Are you talking about rj or the baby? RJ’s is Julian I believe.

4. Probably Land Rover for the sake of the versatility and just how much of a brute they are.

5. Maybe not on opening night but at least a recognition. I always loved league of extraordinary gentlemen.

6. I never really have any expectations coming into these questions so I never know.